Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?

Discussion in 'Female led relationships' started by PouchPantyLover, Jan 9, 2020.

Random Thread
  1. PouchPantyLover

PouchPantyLover Long term member

Hawaii
    Local Time:
    8:47 AM
    The title of this thread is an old derogatory statement applied towards women that would have sex before marriage. In this case I'm the cow, and it applies to a quandary I find myself in. My wife pretty much dropped chastity and our FLR back in late November. Off and on she's made a few statements about getting me back under control, but nothing she was really serious on or followed up on. This changed when she left me a note the other day. Essentially the note said I was to lock up and submit to her. That this was her gift to me, but that she would accept no expectations on herself. The note was longer, I am paraphrasing.

I realize there are some here that would give either or both testicles to get such a note. For me though, given our history, I'm actually quite put off by it. First off I know her well enough to know that if there is no expectation on her, she'll do nothing. I'll be locked and forgotten and I know that I can't live that way. Secondly I believe submission is a gift you give, not receive. Being submissive isn't about being powerless, it is the conscious decision to grant that power to the person you deem worthy of it. Finally she's never responded to my desire to discuss why she stopped in the first place. This is part of her personality in that she is not a verbal communicator.

In the past when we have been in a groove leading the FLR lifestyle I have pampered her royally. I was also highly deferential to her. I think she just wants this treatment again, but she doesn't want to acknowledge my needs as a submissive. In short she doesn't want to buy the cow, she just wants the milk for free. I respectfully declined under the current terms she described. I told her I was more than willing to return to being her submissive once we had communicated more on what that entailed and why we failed the last time around. Not surprisingly, she doesn't want to talk about it. :mad:

The funny part is the longer I go without being locked up and subservient, the more it feels like a weird dream. The idea that being denied sex, doing 90% of the household/parenting duties and being subjected to humiliation and degradation made me happy seems odd. These things aren't "good" things. Why would I want that? Maybe it's my way of coping with the loss? We still love each other a great deal and that is more important than any of this anyway.

2. boo

boo Long term member

Local Time:
    1:47 PM
    why buy the pig when you can get the sausage for free? Eh!

3. Byrdie

Byrdie Junior Member
    Verified Female

Seattle, WA - USA
    Local Time:
    11:47 AM
    I've reason a few forums people write about how "stealth submission" isn't a good idea: it puts the would-be dominant in an awkward position - assuming they even notice or understand what's going on, and there's a high chance that the submissive person isn't getting the reinforcement they imagined.

Every so often I hear about someone who'd acts like they'd prefer a lifestyle stealth-submissive: someone who will do what they want without the "dominant" actually having to meet them halfway.

I understand that for many people being "on" 24/7 just isn't feasible, but when it's obviously one-sided I have difficulty understanding how much a dynamic could be sustainable.

4. Xileh

Xileh Happily Serving

Local Time:
    I am a very good sub. But, I can not serve if I am not respected. Being ignored or forgotten, is less than respectful.

Houseboy42, loricat, Unlucky and 3 others like this.
  5. CagedBySocks

CagedBySocks Long term member

Local Time:
    7:47 PM
    I don't think you're being completely unreasonable, although I do think your post comes of in a way that makes you seem a bit of a jerk tbh.

Essentially this is a game (whether you be casual or hardcore) , and it only works if you are both playing.

PouchPantyLover and durango_o like this.
  6. Nicoftime

Nicoftime The suspense is terrible...I hope it lasts

Railroad
    South of Lacrosse Wisconsin
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    You two certainly have went round and round this dilemma.

I can see how a wife might get used to the submission, but can equally see a wife not understanding the fuel that powers it...sub runs out of gas.

It’s funny, my wife now expects chastity. Would take it as a personal slight if I didn’t wear my device anymore. Her thinking...the only reason you would want to be unlocked is to use it without me or worse yet...with someone else. Which is pretty much true, I would totally go back to taking care of my own satisfaction whenever I felt the urge(by myself not with others). It’s hard to defend that. Especially when we’ve discussed how that changes my ability to put our relationship first.

As much as I know all this, am self aware of my limitations on my own, it would still be difficult to continue to submit without fuel in the tank.

Realistic compromise is what we’ve come up with and recommend. As much as she holds the power, if she enjoys the benefits, you have an equal share because you can stop it as well. So where does that leave us? It means a routine of dominance that she feels comfortable sticking with. Note that it may be quite less than what you fancy. This level is the bare minimum and what she is willing to do and enjoys doing. It then is up to you to accept this and hold up your end fulfill the actions that she adores. Note, this may be quite less than she fancies. That is the compromise, and as with all compromises, neither party is getting exactly what they want, but each is getting what they need.

If one of your big things is she doesn’t seem to punish you for infractions, you stew over her not taking the time to do this. Take it off the table. No sense getting mad over the same issue, no matter her feeling guilty and saying she will try harder...it’s obviously something she has a hard time following through on, so why set her up to fail? Make that activity an elective, given on her terms, which could be quite infrequent or nonexistent. I am sure there are some activities that you enjoy and enough to keep your tank full that she is perfectly willing to keep up on. Things that she is not only willing but enjoys. I can’t remember exactly I haven’t read your journal in some time. I’m sure there are some minor acts she doesn’t have a problem keeping up on. Supervised masterbation and clean up, one hard paddle in the morning, her being demanding and putting her feet up daily and telling you to rub them, etc.

Something she can actually stick to, so resentment doesn’t start, and giving up the expectations of grand routines for you. Nothing builds hard feelings like a perceived broken promise, so don’t let her keep promising what she can’t give. Ask for a promise she can.

Good luck buddy hope things get squared away.

Giveitup, Breathe, Headtrip and 6 others like this.
  7. jemima

jemima maid for my Mistress

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
    praps She is just a bit fed up and got a mood and after a bit She migt have a chat to you and tell you things again.

PouchPantyLover likes this.
  8. Trapped in love

Local Time:
    2:47 PM
    Greetings,
    It's been awhile since I have been on. But, it would seem to me, that slide the cage on lock it. I believe it is about her. My Princess has just jumped on board. Take it slow, she and you have time to adjust. I am approaching 30 days of chastity, locked and loaded. Princess is now in the expectation to lock the lock. She has to grow into who she is/ will be.

9. PouchPantyLover

Hawaii
    Local Time:
    I appreciate the replies, especially @Nicoftime partially because of the in depth comments, but also because he knows most of the back story. For me it's a pretty simple dynamic. I serve her because she expects and demands it. I'd say conservatively that being in an FLR adds 10 hours a week of "service" that I'm not dealing with currently. When I'm doing that and she loses interest in whether or not I'm doing this, I feel like I'm playing a game for myself. Simple example. When she is in her dominant groove she simply looks at me and shakes her empty hydro-flask. I drop whatever I'm doing and prepare her a flavored fizzy water. When she drops out of the zone she just goes and gets one herself. Now doing that one-time in and of itself isn't a big deal, but she just starts doing it across the board and it's her way of telling me, I don't want to be dominant anymore. She doesn't say it, she just let's her actions speak. To be clear I have no specific expectations. If she wants to define a relationship that includes her getting her own waters (doubtful) I'm fine with that. What I need is an understanding of what she wants and expects and then reinforcement of our positions in that dynamic. If she doesn't like physical punishment, fine with me. However, there must be consequences for failure to meet expectations and I'd like to think rewards for exceeding them. I am happiest in our FLR when it's working. I'm still happy in a vanilla marriage with her, but less so. I'm not happy with the on again off again motor she seems to have. I am still willing to try again (and again) to make the FLR work, but I'm not going to start from a place that I know will fail.

Rectrix likes this.
  10. loricat

Verified Female

Canada
    Local Time:
    @PouchPantyLover - this is a tough situation.

I know a lot of people on CM don't see chastity and FLR as BDSM...define things as one will, the BDSM community is all about 1) negotiations and 2) consent. And those are elements that I believe should be in all relationships.

From what you've said, it sounds like you two need some serious boundary discussions, and some negotiations about what each other wants/needs. There are times that you're in the 'zone' and wanting this, but she's not consenting to her part in the game. And you've very clearly laid out a boundary, saying I won't consent to this play if you're not actually into it.

In the end, aren't we all doing this because it's fun? If it ain't fun, why do it?

Maybe it's not about 24/7, but about 'when we both feel like it' - how about creating a signal that indicates from one or the other that "I'd be interested in playing"? Then a secondary signal that says "Yes, I'm in" or "Can't right now"...For example, she waves her bottle at you, you know she wants to play. You can either prepare her fizzy water or say "I can't right now, I'm doing X" - and that's an indication to her that the game is on or not.

It does NOT reduce the legitimacy of the chastity if you're not 24/7, or in a cage for months at a time. Every person that plays this game, no matter how they play it, is a chastity player. No judgement.

slave_m, corsac, SingWithPain and 8 others like this.
  11. Giles_English

Giles_English Chaste slave

Slave
    UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    6:47 PM
    I think it's really important that we submissives primarily offer the tools to get us to submit, rather than the submission itself.

Houseboy42 and PouchPantyLover like this.
  12. locked_top

locked_top Caged tiger

USA
    Local Time:
    That sentence is written in the passive voice. Are you setting the expectations and consequences, or her?

13. Nicoftime

Nicoftime The suspense is terrible...I hope it lasts

Railroad
    South of Lacrosse Wisconsin
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    One thing I’ve noticed through your account, is that the dominance/service is hit or miss and that sometimes she does the things that you would have done or wanted her to tell you to do.

I can only speak from my personal experience with my partner, but she would hate having “everything” done for her or telling me to do everything. She loves a foot rub and isn’t shy about asking, but the rest she doesn’t want to ask, and some she would like to do herself. Simple stuff like clearing the table, fetching a soda, dishes, sometimes she’ll do them just cause she doesn’t want to feel like she doesn’t contribute, or wants to help because she’s nice. Yes she could definitely tell me to all of it all of the time, but she doesn’t want to. I’m sure you’re similar to me and do plenty already.

dominant role 24/7 would be just as hard as submissive... well maybe not JUST as hard lol but it could get to feel forced and awkward.

PouchPantyLover and Breathe like this.
  14. PouchPantyLover

Hawaii
    Local Time:
    I love CM and appreciate all the input, but it can get frustrating at times. Mainly because writing posts isn't the most effective communication tool. To be clear she and I go months at a time largely blissful. Most recently we went over two months in the zone of what works for us. Sure I had my moments of doubt of questioning, but I never felt like our dynamic was falling apart. She did plenty of stuff herself during that time. It's common that at least one night a week I work late, she has the kids to herself. I am always to ask her during these times if I need to prepare a dinner in advance, an offer she rarely accepts. So once a week she cooks, cleans up after herself and takes care of the kids. I'm sure she got her own water dozens of times during that two months. When things spin out for us it's because she makes a wholesale departure from the lifestyle. I usually soldier through this hoping it will turn around. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. I can tell by experience that I can make it 2 to 3 weeks without her participation. After that I fold. Usually after a few weeks or a month one of us (more often her) says they want to resume. We then get back to bliss until she just pulls a vanishing act again. I think what's different this time is I lack the motivation to follow the same pattern.

Both of us are to some degree. I am not setting any specific expectations or consequences, that is up to her. I'm simply saying that if she wants me to be her submissive, this must be part of the dynamic.

I agree, however getting communication from her is like getting blood from a stone. Early on when we were in the first several months of chastity and FLR development we used to exchange lists of 3 things we liked and 3 we would change or didn't like. I feel like we have a good understanding of what each other likes and enjoys about this. When we are firing on all cylinders she is quite happy. She really can be naturally dominant. I think something just clicks at some point. Maybe it's stress at work, concerns over the kids or just wanting to be "nice" to me. When that happens she just checks out.

Also agreed and have done so. When she chooses to she wields the tools magnificently for the most part. She's never embraced tease and denial which I do long for, but certainly don't need. It's just when she puts the tools in the cupboard and walks away that I have a problem.

I often think the dominant role is harder than the submissive role. Unless they approach it with the same routine constantly it requires a degree of creativity and proactive thought/action. I've also considered this as a cause and have told her that if she feels like she needs a break from her role she should just take it. She just can't leave me swinging in the wind when she does.

I had hoped that when I respectfully declined she would engage in a conversation about figuring this out. That hasn't happened so I'll likely broach the subject again and try to incorporate the thoughtful advice you all have offered when I do.

Nicoftime likes this.
  15. locked_top

locked_top Caged tiger

USA
    Local Time:
    I don't know what this sentence means. What would you like her to do that's different?

16. Houseboy42

Houseboy42 Member

Local Time:
    There’s lots of interesting thoughts here and I don’t have much time to write. Just one quick thought, for what it’s worth, I make a distinction between service and submission. Service is something I do of my own volition with no expectation of response. I do it because I want to. It's about me. Submission is something I do because I've been directed to do it. I do it because she/they want me to. It’s about us. Being very clear with myself about whether I'm serving or subbing in any given situation helps me manage my expectations.

17. Giles_English

Giles_English Chaste slave

Slave
    UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    6:47 PM
    When she puts the tools in the cupboard, you stop submitting and push back to share and share alike.

Perhaps - having read your responses - you need to find a low key D/s mode for when she is not in the mood to be excitingly mean?

18. PouchPantyLover

Hawaii
    Local Time:
    Thanks again for feedback. Interesting development this morning. As usual action, not words. She started fondling me and rubbing up against me in bed. Got me very worked up and got on top of me. She told me she had big plans for me this weekend and by the end of the weekend I would be her bitch. She almost never engages in sexual teasing so this was very hot. At the peak of arousal she says "I'm going to put you in your place. What's your place?" She's on top of me teasing me with her breasts and grinding on top of me and keeps asking "What's your place?" I know what she wants to hear, but I'm resistant at first. She keeps grinding and teasing and asking until I finally say "serving you". once I say what she wants to hear she rewards me by placing a nipple into my mouth and saying "good boy". After awhile of this she roles off of me and says "how can you serve me right now". I respond by saying "bringing you coffee in bed". She smiles and tells me to hurry along. I feel like she's making an effort and I'm responding with an effort, but not sold this will pan out. Still it was a very erotic start to the day.

I have told her that whenever she wants a break from the lifestyle to just tell me so. What's hard with her not telling me is I can't tell the difference by the inevitable dry spell that occurs due to life and an actual shut down. I continue to try and live the D/S lifestyle when she's moved on.

I agree with your distinction although the lines do blur. My point is when I don't feel submissive I don't feel like serving.

That is what I do. I also agree with some form of low-key submital. One suggestion I've made to her is to revert to D/S dynamic only as it relates to sex. This comes fairly natural for her. She wants it all though and I'm not willing to do that without some effort on her part.

Houseboy42 likes this.
  19. locked_top

locked_top Caged tiger

USA
    Local Time:
    Maybe she is not sure herself.

20. locked_top

locked_top Caged tiger

USA
    Local Time:
    Also, do you make it easy for her to tell you?

21. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Sheffield. South Yorkshire UK
    Local Time:
    Average relationship is what 3 years
    Average marriage maybe 10mor 20 depending on who is counting and in what country
    either way
    If you are not both getting what youwant out of your relationship
    maybe its just time to move on.

A hard decision to make and sometimes harder to make happen but generally youdon't hear of thatmanypeople that truly regret ending their relationship even when the split was amicable

22. PouchPantyLover

Hawaii
    Local Time:
    Well she got the milk for free. I'm locked up and serving her again as of yesterday. She just seduced me into it. No discussions, no expectations on her. She just used my own desires against me. Had me asking to be allowed to lock-up by the time I was done. I feel like I've let my sexual desires get the better of my judgement. Thinking with the little head so to speak. Oh well, who knows how long it will last and how it will go. I guess I just need to buckle up and hang on.

I believe I do, but as I've said, she isn't a verbal communicator. She let's her actions speak for her.

23. Xitalbic

Xitalbic New member

Local Time:
    You could be describing my life. My wife loves the free milk!

She's dominant by nature, likes to be served, likes it to be about her (except when she's choosing to make it about someone else :)). She finds introspection, intimacy and negotiation stressful--it's just easier for her when I do what she wants, minute by minute, without her having to pick her way around those tedious personal boundaries.

But she gives so little back.

We've been through the cycle several times in the past 10 years. After a few months or years of high-handed bossiness, I get pissed off and explain that I will not be taken for granted, and she can either learn to be a "normal" loving and respectful spouse, OR she takes us down the lifestyle F/m path. Either one, but "you don't get to treat me like a slave unless you are a committed and engaged dom."

She thinks about it, and chooses F/m. So we have the conversation...

"Do you really want me to obey you?" -- "Yes"
    "Do you really want me to serve you?" -- "Oh, yes!"
    "Do you understand that I can't do that in a vacuum? That I need to be in subspace and I need you to put me there, in a personal and hands-on way?" -- "I understand."
    "Do you understand that you can't just lock me up and then ignore me?" -- "Yes"
    "Do you understand that when we go down this path, it creates a profound change in my emotional state, and my motivations, and that I become extremely vulnerable?" -- "Yes" (with a big hug)
    "Is it safe, this time, for me to do that, to let myself go? Do you promise not to abandon me (because that really fucks up my head)?" -- "I promise."

And every frikkin time, she abandons me! And I promise you, I work very hard to honestly submit and to put her first 24/7. But after a couple weeks, a month, I'm locked up, ignored, no interactions, as if the F/m discussion never happened. I coast for 2-4 weeks, doing meditation around acceptance and patience. But eventually my submission fades (which pisses her off!). Really fucks up my head!

The stupid part is that as far as I can tell, she's much happier when we are F/m. I mean, much happier. Like she was born to be obeyed.

Right now we are out. I don't feel even remotely submissive. She's being bossy and demanding, and we are kind of talking about trying again, but I'm jaded and skeptical.

But I know... if she came to me, looked me in the eyes and said "lock up, I really do prefer it when you are at my feet and obedient", I'd fold in a second.

24. BR_Saiph

BR_Saiph Self-published author

Canada
    Home Page:
    Local Time:

Well said. Submission is as much of a gift as is her willingness to be dominant. It's a two way street that only you both together can navigate. Like marriage, if it is to be successful, you both will have to continuously work at it. Nothing worth having is free and this sort of crazy train will never drive itself.

25. PouchPantyLover

Hawaii
    Local Time:
    This is so me. I don't know if other people that live the keep calm and trust your Mistress mantra feel this way too? Maybe they're just better at dealing with their vulnerability? I was so mad at her back in August when things fell apart that I wouldn't speak with her for close to a week. Made a good show in front of the kids being the only exception. I literally put myself in her hands and when she drops me, it hurts. I certainly understand if she doesn't want to carry my weight in her hands and I don't need this lifestyle to be a good husband.

Ditto. Mine loves the service aspect, but what she really loves is the control. It fits her like a glove and she gets seriously pissed when she loses it.

Yes, her dominance is a gift I value greatly. That is why it is so hard when she removes it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice