Adios

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by PouchPantyLover, Jul 24, 2017.

1. sissybitch

sissybitch Long term member

engine development engineer
    north wales uk
    Local Time:
    5:45 AM
    @lockit Good point , and we also need to look at the fact there are many other avatars still on the site which show , panty, crotch, caged genitalia and sexual content . so why single out this one and leave all the rest , and I am not just talking about panty covered crotch shots but any with a sexual content which also by some will be seen as offensive , if a stance is taken for one it must apply to all or be left alone . in my view it is not the policy that I in question but the way it has been implemented in this case and not at all in others , It really should come as no surprise that @PouchPantyLover feels slighted , when he logs on and sees all the other avatars with similar content still there and his removed , and without a request or chance to change it at that

2. Mascara^Snake

Mascara^Snake Banned

Scotland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:

Lockit is right, he should have been approached by way of private mail with a polite request and explanation of the reasons for the request.
    Its not right to have your avatar deleted without warning and i think anyone would be upset by that.

3. LockedPom

LockedPom Long term member

Australia
    Local Time:
    2:45 PM
    If it is in the rules to not have a crotch shot, then the admin have a right to remove without notice. However, can the other crotch shots also be removed (just one 5 post thread I just replied in had 2 crotch shot avatars)? Whilst on the subject of avatars that people don't want to see, if my wife were to join CM, I think she would run screaming after seeing avatars of middle age men in drag.

4. Evil Daisy

Evil Daisy New member

Local Time:
    I have been a lurker here for a while and I think it would be great not to see cocks and crotches in avatars. I am interested in my boyfriends dick but not all and sundrys. .

LadyS and guest 2942 like this.
  5. Catbond

Catbond Aka Professor Mittens, aka Fluffy.

Paris
    Local Time:
    6:45 AM
    You all should get kittens pictures as avatar. Everybody love a good kitty pic. We're cute and popular. So popular that we took over You Tube and making more money than our owners :p
    There you have it, when in doubt, get a cat pic :p

Thatgirl likes this.
  6. PouchPantyLover

PouchPantyLover Long term member

Hawaii
    Local Time:
    6:45 PM
    OK Lucy I get it. You are disgusted by me and people like me. Yes my wife pissed on me and yes I drank it. I get that you find that act disgusting. I have a similar revulsion to genital piercings. Seeing a picture of one makes me want to barf. One of the many differences between you and me is that I can separate the act from the person. There are many good people on CM with piercings that I like and respect. I don't think they are disgusting people.

Unlike many people on CM I'm not an online person. I don't do facebook, twitter or anything else. This is the first on-line community I have been a part of and I love it. I love it because I can share my journey with other people who have gone through similar things. I can't go have beers with my friends and say "How often does your wife unlock your penis and let you cum?" I come here to do that. To mock or belittle people for what they share just because it grosses you out is wrong. It's wrong for a member to do it. It's especially wrong for a moderator to do it, because you're in a position of authority.

I allowed myself to be run off due to my frustration and anger and that was a mistake. I'm a member of this community and I will stand up for myself and others. I will not be pushed away again.

Breathe, Charles3451, hubsub and 6 others like this.
  7. sissybitch

sissybitch Long term member

engine development engineer
    north wales uk
    Local Time:
    @PouchPantyLover Welcome back , its good to see you on the site again , in my opinion , you have just as much right to share your views and experiences here as anyone else , some people may not share the same interests as you but that does not make you wrong in posting them , just as others may post things that do not interest you , one of the things I like about this site is to read other peoples thoughts and experiences , if all the threads contained the same views on the same subjects it would leave no room for open discussion and new view points which is what keeps threads alive , we are all different and should all be allowed our voice , again welcome back and I look forward to reading your new posts

Nicoftime likes this.
  8. Houdina

Houdina New member

Domestic engineer
    Southern California
    Local Time:
    9:45 PM
    Can't we just hug it out?

maid_carrie likes this.
  9. L-u-c-y

Staff Member Owner of Chastity Mansion Administrator Verified Female

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    Welcome back :) You'll be pleased to hear I have given up trying to make the site more female friendly. Might as well bring the penis avatars back :)

Charles3451 likes this.
  10. SubVerity

SubVerity Still the mansion's fairy godmother. ;)

London
    Local Time:
    Heh - dont take that as an invitation to do so btw. :)

11. tomf_22033

tomf_22033 Long term member

VA USA
    Local Time:
    12:45 AM
    Wow
    I'm not sure what to say as I had mixed feelings about your effort. Most of them generally supportive of your general goal of attracting more ladies to the site. But, less from a conceptual and how it would cause unintended consequences.

That aside, I'm a bit saddened as I think the real goal should be to make the site more of a community. To worry more about quality, than size and quantity. Frankly, I'm tired of being interested in 1 in 50 or 1 in 100 posts. I miss developing the friendships and getting to know people. I miss the energy of people wanting to meet. Then actually setting up events to do so.

I guess I see the cyber world as a complement to the real world. Unfortunately too many see the opposite. Or see it as an escape which is fine. But the regulars can determine how much of each the site becomes.

Frankly I find the same questions and steads over and over boring and harmful to the long term success of the site. But that's my opinion. I don't know about others but I'd rather see a few threads that have passionate debate over the site by people who care and get involved, than a bunch of which device, how do I shrink my cock, how do I get her to do this, etc. by ones that come then leave after a few posts.

12. L-u-c-y

Staff Member Owner of Chastity Mansion Administrator Verified Female

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    Everyone says they would like to see more women here, but no one wants to do anything about it. So a boys club it will stay.

rocket likes this.
  13. jemima

jemima maid for my Mistress

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
    well i hopes that all the willy avatars don't come back.
    pout.jpg

rocket, PouchPantyLover and LadyS like this.
  14. tegelad

tegelad Class and sophistication in all things

High Tech Internet Architect
    Texas
    Local Time:
    11:45 PM
    Interesting thread. My comment is an avatar is like a t-shirt. You should be willing to wear it out in public in all situations and not cause a massive scene.

As for removal, when I have moderated things, I ask first if the person says no and it is offensive then it gets removed, but I always give a person the last chance ...

FWIW. Forums like this are like bars. If you want more membership and more men, you have to have more women. If it offends women, it will not help ...

PouchPantyLover likes this.
  15. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Sheffield. South Yorkshire UK
    Local Time:
    Its true your avatar is your choice. But it is not your choice that is the issue.

It is the choices of those that make the rules who's opinions matter. I am indifferent to what I might see as an avatar... as in I am unlikely to be shocked byanything I see on a monitor.... but I do happily accept that we dont need to confront anyone on logging in or just looking be they new or already existing with pictures that may offend some when as a site we are trying to encourage new members particularly female ones.

Perhaps a request to change one's avatar prior to it being removed would be a welcome way forward. If indeed that does not already happen.. no one has mentioned that one way or another to my knowledge.

Of course we all expect to see fairness and impartiality in all judgements which again I have not seen nor do I know of any time when that has not been the case.

Which leaves us with the rather admirable design of your avatar. I have no objection to it at all. But I would understand if objections were raised as sylised or not it does depict a penis and also it is one that is erect. Both of which of course may offend some people in the light of what has been afore said about the new avatar policy.

I do not know what was deemed improper about the panty pouch avatar perhaps we could be informed. Mistress Lucy offered a possible explanation and no disrespect intended it was not THE explanation pertinent to this case, albeit a very credible one.

I do add that if we knew why somethings are not acceptable then we can perhaps avoid the same mistakes.

16. thundar

thundar Member

Professional
    East Coast
    Local Time:
    I
    I asked Mistress Lucy about my avatar and she did not seem to object to it. Check with her if you so choose

17. Nicoftime

Nicoftime The suspense is terrible...I hope it lasts

Railroad
    South of Lacrosse Wisconsin
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    11:45 PM
    PouchPantyLover likes this.
  18. PouchPantyLover

PouchPantyLover Long term member

Hawaii
    Local Time:
    6:45 PM
    For me this stopped being about avatars a long time ago. I am still miffed with how it was handled. That could have been done much better as many have pointed out via request. I'm not here to offend people, nor do I feel like I need to censor myself for fear of offending. If an avatar doesn't meet the stated policy, a moderator should tell the member so and request they change it. If they ignore the request, the moderator should delete it.

I read a lot before I started posting again and I saw that by and large many members I respect feel the site is better without locked cock shots. While I don't see my old avatar in that light, others do and it's not that important. My new avatar of two of my favorite panties does a fine job representing me. Avatars are not the issue.

The issue (and it is not mine alone) is insulting members over posts someone finds gross. In my reading I've seen this pop up time and time again with the latest being @Vinny. The current environment is not bringing in more women, it's just alienating many long time members. In my opinion if we want more women to participate the best method is to try constructive ways to do it, not destructive ways. In the end it might be tilting at windmills, but I could get behind an effort like that.

19. tomf_22033

tomf_22033 Long term member

VA USA
    Local Time:
    That's not totally true
    Some of us do things behind the scenes encouraging women to join. Or we call out folks who are offensive. Or change profile pics as requested. Or we encourage a change in mindset.

And I'm not just referring to myself as I've seen others doing little things. And it's the many little things that add up as much or more than the big ones.

So yes frustration is warranted as not as much is done as some of would like, but saying NO ONE is doing anything isn't right.

20. maid_carrie

Staff Member Moderator

Local Time:
  21. Mascara^Snake

Mascara^Snake Banned

Scotland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Nicoftime likes this.
  22. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Sheffield. South Yorkshire UK
    Local Time:
    Just to clear up ant possible misunderstanding I do not personally have an issue with anyone's avatar. Not anyone's at all.

As for yours I think its well done.

23. thundar

thundar Member

Professional
    East Coast
    Local Time:
    Thank you. No offense taken. Just wanted to say that I got her input before any issue could arise. No worries thus far.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice