An uphill struggle

Discussion in 'Journals and blogs' started by hopefulhubby, Sep 28, 2022.

Random Thread
  1. hopefulhubby

hopefulhubby Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
    2:31 PM
    Still no sex.

I can't shake the need to lock up so I did for 2 weeks. Our relationship improved and kissing became more frequent. At the end of the second week I decided to give myself some relief so I unlocked and masturbated in the shower. The rest of that day the whole mood between us was sour. I'm not sure if it was because of me or her but it caused a downward spiral. The next day I locked up again and she seemed much nicer to me and things have started to go back to how they were before.

I am unsure if she is picking up on me being locked at a subconscious level which then feeds my mood or if it makes me change subtly and feeds her mood. Or is it a bit of both? I suppose in one way it doesn't matter if the effect is the same.

So, I have drafted another letter to her explaining I would like to try chastity again and work through the issues she finds uncomfortable. I have explained that I think when I masturbate it changes my attitude and causes problems and I need the cage as a deterrent. I have explained that I will be locking myself and I hope she will want to hold the key but if she doesn't want to be involved then that's fine and I will respect that by keeping it private.

I know this comes with a massive risk that I will be locked and forgotten again but I am at the stage where I don't care any more. Having a secret wank is a lonely, unfulfilling experience and I only do it in the hope I might feel some relief - which I don't. In fact I don't think I would miss orgasms if I could give her intimate pleasure instead.

As my name suggests, I remain ever hopeful.

2. littleguy3

littleguy3 Adoring husband

Bondservant to my wife
    USA - Virginia
    Local Time:
    9:31 AM
    If you haven't already delivered the letter, what do you think about rephrasing that to a question phrased something like "Will you help me be a better husband by holding the key?"

3. hopefulhubby

UK
    Local Time:
    I haven't delivered the letter yet and that is a really good suggestion. I've re-read my letter and it is a bit too wordy so I will edit and incorporate this.

Thanks

Stephplayswithyou and littleguy3 like this.
  4. IB-Chaste

IB-Chaste Chastity Superman.

Local Time:
    Or, as I find it a strange concept that my wife wouldn’t know I was locked, here’s another idea. Maybe she knows?

Just one word of caution. Something that’s easily achieved, don’t make her feel that you have a problem with your current situation. As it appears that for other than one evening things have been good for you, stay on the positives.

Stephplayswithyou and JaySaysYes like this.
  5. hopefulhubby

UK
    Local Time:
    She definitely, absolutely, 100% doesn't know. If you have zero intimacy then it's quite possible for your wife to completely oblivious. I could have a massive tattoo of Bertie Bassett on my chest and she wouldn't know. That aside she would be very vocal about it if she did know because, as I've said many times on here, she hates me wearing it.

Thank you for the word of caution. I've been careful to word my letter such as the problem is with me not us and that it is a means to make things even better. I'm in no rush to send it just yet so I am going to sit on it for a while and pick my words and timing.

littleguy3 likes this.
  6. Shibmo

Shibmo Active member

Local Time:
    3:31 PM
    Good to see you are trying to get the initiative back. Go easy with the letter. Let it settle for a couple days. Re-read it, re-write it as many times as you want.

Might sound strange to say on a chastity forum, but you could consider to re-read it after masturbating.
    Sometimes horny-brain makes it hard to split the fantasy from the reality.

hopefulhubby likes this.
  7. IB-Chaste

IB-Chaste Chastity Superman.

Local Time:
    Oh, I was trying to remain positive. When you say no intimacy you mean the whole 9 yards? You genuinely don’t even see each other naked.

JaySaysYes likes this.
  8. hopefulhubby

UK
    Local Time:
    For a combination of reasons, no we don't see each other naked.

Studmouse47 likes this.
  9. Studmouse47

Studmouse47 Active member

Retired
    Birmingham, AL USA
    Local Time:
    8:31 AM
    Reading this thread reminds me of many aspects of the sexless marriage with my wife.

JaySaysYes likes this.
  10. ChasteJase

ChasteJase Long term member

Local Time:
    This is probably one of the purest distillation about the paradox of masturbation. We do it to medicate pain and loneliness only to find that it increases both. Giving our wife intimate pleasure is much more rewarding because it gives us a sense of connection and achievement that is not rooted only in our self. I hope you are able to find the connection with your wife that you are seeking. I feel your pain.

11. JaySaysYes

JaySaysYes I identify as someone that is always right

Local Time:
    Sounds like it's time to accept it as a loss, move out, and find a way to live your best life elsewhere, with other people, who enbrace intimacy.

Seriously dude, be kind to yourself.

12. littleguy3

Bondservant to my wife
    USA - Virginia
    Local Time:
    :+1:

Studmouse47 and knightly like this.
  13. ChasteJase

Local Time:
    @hopefulhubby - the message from @JaySaysYes is pretty sobering, isn't it? I have been there before - wondering if divorce is the answer to an unfulfilling marriage. About six or seven years ago, I even gave that as an ultimatum to my wife. The result was a week of hysterical mating from her and then things settled back down to status quo more or less. Whenever I have thought about it, I rationalized that blowing up my marriage and family and life for more sex was something that I would ultimately regret and look back on as a big mistake. I've always wondered, and still do, if all of this is on me - is there something I could be doing better or different to change the situation for the better.

At this point in my marriage, I have sort of settled in to where things are at. I enjoy whatever dose of intimacy I get when I get it. Even the chastity cage seems like an unnecessary complication. That's not to say that I am satisfied with the level of intimacy I have, but I know that there is a lot more I can do to work on that and at least 50% of that is still on me.

I said all of that to get to this point. You are once again doubling down (or tripling down) on the chastity cage. I don't see that going anywhere good for you at this point. I think any letter about cages at this point is going to only make things worse for you and your relationship. I think you really need to double down on intimacy, triple down on it, quadruple.... That is a big hump that you need to get over and unless and until you do, your wife is not going to be receptive to talk of cages or any other kinks. Like you, I wanted the cage to be a quick and instant fix, and I believe with the right woman it could be, as shown in many stories here, but unfortunately, your wife does not sound like a candidate for this quick fix.

If you keep pushing the cage, you are just an insensitive creep or perv who can't take no for an answer. If you were to ever divorce, would you want her telling people you divorced because she didn't embrace you locking up your dick?

However, if you keep pushing for intimacy (intimacy, not just PIV) then you are a vulnerable man who is looking for connection with his wife. I'm not saying this from a manipulative viewpoint, but rather from a sincere, I think that's what you really want standpoint. If you really get deep with yourself, reflect on why you want the cage. What are you hoping to get from the cage. Distill that down and then start focusing on what you are trying to achieve but leave the cage out of it.

If you don't have kids at home anymore, and you have given this your very best effort and nothing has changed, then you may need to sincerely consider leaving your wife if you find that your sexual desires are that important to you and will never be met. But, I suspect that you, like me, haven't done everything you can do to resolve or otherwise get to the bottom of things. If the worst happens, and you end up divorcing, let it be a situation where your wife realizes, "that man just wanted intimacy with his wife and I wasn't willing to give it." If you make that your goal, I suspect you will have the best chance at success. It's not guaranteed, but it will be your best chance to succeed.

14. hopefulhubby

UK
    Local Time:
    @ChasteJase you are of course right.

All I can say in my defence is that I had tried and tried to get the intimacy back. I want that connection with her and the cage was just a means for me to keep on track.

I will keep going and try to improve my communication with her as that seems to be my undoing.

Thank you for your insight - it really helps.

Stephplayswithyou and littleguy3 like this.
  15. ChasteJase

Local Time:
    Of course. You know I am in the same situation more or less - I have even "caught up with you" because my wife now knows of my cage desires. I will try my best to follow my own advice, as well. It's easier to give advice than it is to take advice.

16. jemima

jemima maid for my Mistress

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
    @hopefulhubby i think its sounds ever so sad i do. i hope it gose more happy for you after a bit.

hopefulhubby likes this.
  17. captivatedbyher

captivatedbyher romantic want to be

Farmer
    Northern NY
    Local Time:
    Totally agree on the intimacy part, but something to consider is that some men, myself included, become very interested in being romantic when we view our wives a prize to be won over and over again with our sex drive relentlessly pushing us to chase her. The cage will prevent a man from a selfish outlet that puts the breaks on the chase. Self locking is a good place to start, the drive that once drove a man to masturbation and bitterness towards his wife will now drive him to the candy store, the card department, and planing romantic getaways.

I'd recommend leaving her out of the chastity program for now, but cage up as a gift to her.

bondinchas and Studmouse47 like this.
  18. laohuboy

laohuboy Active member

London, UK
    Local Time:
    @hopefulhubby

Thanks for posting this thread. I hope you can get to where you want to.

My gut instinct is there is something else she's not happy about - maybe you, maybe something nothing to do with you - and maybe this is somewhat where the problem is.

But of all the comments, it was the comment above that really made me want to reply.

I don't want to use words like 'normal' to see each other naked as a married couple - but maybe 'common' or 'difficult not to' if you share a house, a bathroom, a bedroom with someone.

Doesn't she like you seeing her naked - or she doesn't like seeing you naked?

Also I'm with ChasteJase - why fixate on the cage, honor works fine for many (including myself) - in fact, I regard it as more of a commitment to my KH as it's all about my self-control for her.

19. littleguy3

Bondservant to my wife
    USA - Virginia
    Local Time:
    @hopefulhubby I was reading a book the last couple of days by a counselor, sex therapist, & professor. He mentions 3 different kind of desires: an initiating desire (most guys), a receptive desire (many women) and a resistant desire. The last one is described as:
    • This is like a car with the parking brake on or in reverse. It’s an active resistance to sex. They experience it with varying degrees of intensity: from unwillingness to engage, to a consistent avoidance of sex or any situation that leads to sex, all the way to fear or hatred of sex. It’s complex and usually requires counseling or therapy.
    It sounds to me like this describes your wife. Would she be willing to see someone individually or together with you? Maybe going with you the first time would open the door for her. She might need to go alone before she feels comfortable opening up in front of you.

hopefulhubby and knightly like this.
  20. knightly

knightly Long term member

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I agree with your gut and ChasteJase on the cage...something else she's not happy about. Body image possibly based on the naked comment.

Women need to feel safe, desired/cherished, and be heard (communication) and appreciated. By default, initially, chastity runs counter to all of these (despite what all the websites say).

It's a threat - new kink, where did it come from, why is this here with us, what else is he thinking and wanting to do and what does it mean?
    Why do you need it - am I not good enough (threatens appreciation and cherishing)
    Communication - how women experience intimacy. You need to be able to listen to her, understand her, and meet her needs (which are mostly initially going to be about being safe, being heard, being desired and cherished. :). And you need to be able to directly articulate your needs, why they are important, expectations on what to do, and understand from her what she needs in order to help fulfill your desire/need.

Once you get all of these in line...and get yourself in line (honor method and resolve all the underlying needs that are diverting your sexual attention), chastity can be the prize (for you, not her) at the end of it. Because you have a close, loving, communicative relationship where everyone is (at least starting to) getting their needs met.

Cage talk is likely going to kill any chance at cage play right now.

21. cj0434

cj0434 Active member

Local Time:
    6:31 AM
    This may have been mentioned already but with my post menopausal wife she takes hormonal replacement therapy. I asked her one day if she’s taking testosterone hormone replacement. She said no. She talk to her doctor, and he gave her a prescription for a low-dose of testosterone replacement. It had positive affects for my wife, but sadly not in the sexual desire front. Could be different for your wife.

22. hopefulhubby

UK
    Local Time:
    My wife caught me in my cage a few days ago. She asked me why I was wearing it when she had told me not to and I explained I just wanted to be hers and that I couldn't be my best self for her when I was able to masturbate. I could tell she didn't really understand but she didn't tell me to remove it this time and nothing more was said.

A few days passed and I confessed how I masturbated because I felt distant from her and then I always felt guilty but it also made me become more distant in a vicious circle. I then sent her the Happy Marriage website to read. To my surprise and joy she not only read the whole thing but finally "got" the point of male chastity. As a result I am now safely locked up and she has the key! She has taken on board everything and I believe I am now going to be orgasm free for at least 3 months. She has asked me if I'm ok with a couple of things here and there and that I sure I want to give up the ability to freely orgasm and I've simply told her I will do it whatever way she asks. No topping from the bottom. I'm going to let her find the way she wants to do it.

Since then we have been interacting in just such a more happy and joyful way. We've kissed more (sometimes passionately), we've laughed, we've talked more and I'm so much more relaxed with her now. She now sees my acts of service as the loving actions I mean them to be and not a means for me to get her to have sex. Now we both enjoy them and the intimacy is great. She has also been more flirty with me. I know she is just starting to learn how to handle this but I feel she does get why this lifestyle is beneficial to her and us.

Early days, I know but I am hopeful!

IB-Chaste, Shibmo, bondinchas and 6 others like this.
  23. Rectrix

Rectrix Long term member

US East Coast
    Local Time:
    Fantastic breakthrough, congratulations and good luck.

hopefulhubby likes this.
  24. ChasteJase

Local Time:
    Dang. Just when I had successfully moved on from fantasies of a different world brought on by a caged marriage, then you hit me with this! I am really happy for you and I hope this continues to bring about some positive changes to your marriage. Please keep us posted.

I also just want to say that this sentences hits hard: "A few days passed and I confessed how I masturbated because I felt distant from her and then I always felt guilty but it also made me become more distant in a vicious circle." I have completely stopped masturbating (without a cage) and am on day 52-53. I have been doing a lot of reflecting and struggling with this. Not struggling to stop masturbating as my libido currently has plummeted, but struggling because I am realizing why I was masturbating and it is very similar to your comment - "I masturbated because I felt distant from her and then I always felt guilty but it also made me become more distant in a vicious circle." Now that I have quit masturbating, I am feeling a lot of raw and empty emotions.

25. ChasteJase

Local Time:
    Can you explain this part? What are the couple of things here and there she is referring to?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice