A rock and a hard place.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Jane's property, Apr 29, 2018.

1. Jane's property

Jane's property Active member

Local Time:
    12:44 AM
    So I suppose I haven't properly introduced myself here, I'm Dave and my GF doesn't wish to be named.

I've always been into the kink scene it' a big part of my life and can' imagine sex without a bit of kinky play but I've come to the point in my life where I thought it was time to settle down, I have my own house and business and I'm pretty comfortable and accomplished for the average 26 year old I think.

I met my partner a year ago she' amazing and means so much to me, we get on great never had an argument but here' the catch she' really vanilla..... never tried anything

So after a few months i slowly brought her into my world started with buying a little bondadge set because she said she would try it but I also bought a chastity device at this point I'd never tried chastity and classic male I thought even if she doesn' want sex as much as me this will be a great idea!

We tried diffrent things on a few occasions then it came to boiling point, she was in floods of tears saying it's not her thing.
    Stupid male pops up and comforts her but with the underlying idea that I'll keep pushing it slowly and I did....

We were enjoying tying each other up and having a play she licked me up on many occasions for diffrent lengths of time I thought I was onto a winner life is perfect, I knew shed never be into attacking me with a strapon but her mean streak had defiantly appeared it was great.

Last Monday she went on holiday and instructed me to lock up after platlytime which to be fair we had great sex and we just didn' t bother.

She left the next day, at night we were exchanging messages and brought up I wasn' locked but I'm a builder and the job this week had nowhere private to go per so that poses a problem, she was understanding so we didn' mention it again and all was well.

So I was out on Saturday morn8ng and I get a call from her asking where I am and that she's at home with her mother, I was only up the road and thought great she must be over for dinner.

So I walk into the living room her mother has to make a call and my gf is sat on the sofa....i thought oh dear shits going down is she pregnant! Which of course I wouldn' have minded.

But no..... she doesn' think we'e sexually compatible and she's moving out, everything she did she did to please me and she can never look at me the same, heartbroken does not even come into it! We spoke and I said take the weekend to think everything over because the holiday wasn' that great, she was under the weather and had a lot of time to herself and this was the one thing on her mind.

I took everything in and stayed calm trying to talk her round but knew that space and time was wgat she needed.
    She's back on monday were having dinner, and a talk, I've sent her the odd message saying that I'd easily give up the whole kinky aspect of sex because she means so much to me, but after a few days to myself, ivefelt super lonely and like I have everything but nothing at the same time and should I really trade my sex life just to be in a relationship, yes I love her so much, but her reason for leaving is that it's not fair on me just because she doesn' like the kink

Confusion reigns in my head at the moment and this feels like the right place for some advice , should I start over and find someone more sexually on the same wavelength but possible end up with a worse relationship, or stop my kinky habit and throw the toybox away have a great relationship but an unfurfilling sex life

2. guest 2942

guest 2942 Long term member

Local Time:
    7:44 PM
    wow! that is a rock and a hard place for sure. I would look at it in these terms. Can you live without her? Answer that question and I think it will help with your decision. Can you find the perfect woman who is into your kinks? Its definitely a gamble, nothing is certain.

3. Living Curious

Living Curious Long-term lockee

Restoration and Reconstruction
    Colorado
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    5:44 PM
    I fear there is no right answer here, but I would lean towards parting ways and finding someone you're more compatible with. My wife and I were in a similar situation early on in our relationship, probably about a year in like you. The difference was that she was willing to learn and grow with me, we just had to set kinky things aside for a bit while we learned to love each other.

If you're gf is certain that she never will want kink in her life then I fear it would turn out poorly if you were to stay with her. If kink is part of who you are, deep down, than without it you will never be entirely fulfilled and that will bleed over into other aspects of your relationship.

4. demale

demale Long term member

Semi-retired
    Massachusetts
    Local Time:
    Do a favor for you both and move on. Your kink won't change and she'll never feel comfortable indulging it. There are many women out there who share your kinks and may have a few of their own. Good luck.

5. lockit

lockit Advanced Member

London
    Local Time:
    Its always easy to say what you would do in a given situation.
    I can only say how I think I would handle it.
    If Mistress Jules told me the kink in our relationship was over I would be disappointed.

To stay together just for kink would be wrong.
    I know there is a lot more to us than kink.
    The choice to stay together without kink or me to move on to find kink would be easy.

Chastity and D/s is something we do together. Its not the be all and end all.
    If that got in the way in our relationship for whatever reason it would have to go.
    You need to ask yourself what is more important to you.
    Your realtionship or your kink.

6. Nicoftime

Nicoftime The suspense is terrible...I hope it lasts

Railroad
    South of Lacrosse Wisconsin
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    6:44 PM
    It’s difficult to look at these things objectively when the easy solution is right there so close to the here and now. Instead, try picturing 15 years from now. Being 40, married with children, completely miserable because you’ve been living a lie, and feel completely trapped by the years and situation, resenting her.

It’s hard to think of your life without her now, but if you think about how hard it would be to try to dig yourself out later, maybe a clean break now might be easier.

Of course forget all of this stuff if these kinks and sexual issues are a passing fancy. But if you know that you really dig this stuff , and she can’t stand it, success may be unattainable.

7. Jane's property

Local Time:
    Thanks guys all advice is appreciated, I do want to settle down and have kids and she' the perfect woman for that, like I said never argued both do our own thing without hassle, I really enjoy the kink but what I'm most worried about is what was mentioned above about me being stuck in a relationship down the line ith a lot more shit to sift through to get out just because sex life isn't great

Currently house all in my name, all bills paid by me and she hasn' bought anything so it would be a clean break and I know I'd be fine with that it' just the uncertainty of the last few days knowing she' coming Monday and I'm the kind of guy that wants an answer so I can deal with the situation if that makes sense

8. Chaste J.

Chaste J. Long term member

Local Time:
    Its never easy but you must remember marriage is "till death do us part!" Which hopefully is a many decades away. Methinks that over the years with the ups and downs of marriage (even the best ones have them) resentment may well creep in! Only you can make the choice but you have been told any kink is not on the table!

SheisaBitch, Breathe and Allen1987 like this.
  9. Mistress Jules

Mistress Jules Professional Dominatrix and Owner of Lockit
    Staff Member Administrator Verified Female

Company Director and Professional Dominatrix
    Scotland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Just to put my tuppenceworth in from the female point of view.

If someone thought that sex was more important than me, then I would be relieved to get out of the relationship.

If you are looking at long term with families, children and everything else, sex is a very small part of building a life together. If your need for kinky sex outweighs your desire for a life together with this girl, you will be doing her a favour to walk away.

No one knows what the future holds, I was relatively vanilla until my 40s. If someone had wanted me to have kinky sex or it was all over I would have shown them the door. I am not a performing monkey and if his love depends on something like that, I am better off without him.

Not all females will think this way, but a good many will. We are looking for Prince Charming, not Frank-n-Furter

NsToy, JiL, Allen1987 and 6 others like this.
  10. Jane's property

Local Time:
    Thankyou mistress Jules, I completey agree with you at first I told her we can just chuck the toys away and start over again but she said that wouldn' be fair on me ....a strange response it blew me away I thought which maybe tells me there' something else

But now I've got a slight conflict inside aftee tine to mull it over, thinking that is it all worth it and should I try my best to find the holy grail of relationships we all hope to find

My gut feeling at the moment is just see how Monday evening plays out and respect her wishes and deal with what she wants either way

11. Giveitup

Giveitup Long term member

Local Time:
    My nickel's worth of free advice: I think there are a great many men who have made the mistake of entering a long-term relationship where the two people are not sexually compatible. Frankly, a good number of men on this board are here because they see chastity as a potential way of dialing-back their libido, and ridding themselves of the constant "waiting" for her to want sex. There's another thread about how BDSM and chastity and just ways to formalize the FLR marriage anyway.

I love my wife dearly, and after more than a quarter-century of marriage, it really is 'til death do us part." But sex has never been all that important to her, and while she's no blushing virgin anymore, I live a lonely life when it comes to getting my sexual needs met - again, perhaps chastity is the answer? I won't be "allowed" to have needs, so I can stop worrying about them.

The one piece of advice I would give my son, when it's time to settle down forever, is to ensure that you and your future spouse are sexually compatible. If your needs are strong, and her needs are non-existent, you will have a long lonely life of wondering, "What if...?" I am not saying that the millions of other aspects of a long-term relationship are more or less important, but next to oxygen, water and sustenance, sex is pretty high on the list. To pretend it's something that can be ignored, patched-over, or isn't critical to long-term success, is naive.

Good luck to you and your girlfriend - you are at a crossroads for sure!

12. Dumb1

Dumb1 senior member

trade
    UK
    Local Time:
    what some fantastic answers spoken so far on this subject, it must seem like a really tough decision to be made for you. From my point of view having been married to a completely vanilla wife for 42 years i would say that your desire for kink will never leave you and as such it will always be a little itch deep inside that you are longing to scratch. In my case i chose to stick with the girl i fell in love with and had children with, in return slowly over many years and many ups and downs we have adapted to get a compromise. she is still very vanilla in her outlook but has played along with my needs and kinks in as much as she is happy to do and this has worked out well for us. There is nothing to say that if you split and meet someone else who shares your kinky side that she may decide that actually you are not kinky enough for her and she may look elsewhere? or indeed you may end up in the same predicament in years to come. Go with your heart if you really love her everything else is able to be worked on given time and patience.

Allen1987, lockit and boisub like this.
  13. Living Curious

Living Curious Long-term lockee

Restoration and Reconstruction
    Colorado
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I'd like to add to what I said earlier. I once heard it said that 'compatibility isn't a prerequisite for love, compatibility is the result of love' and I wholly agree with that. The key in this kind of situation isn't whether or not she's ok with kinky sex now, it's rather is she willing to learn, explore, and grow with you? If you need kink in your life in some capacity and she is dead set against it now, tomorrow, and forever, then this might be an easier choice to make.

But what if she doesn't want it now, but she's honestly willing to try and make it work in some way, some day? That seems to be a recipe for success, whether your talking about kink, what direction to hang the toilet paper, or whatever.

14. Jane's property

Local Time:
    We have tried over the coure of about 6 months, we had a talk and I understand I was rushing things trying to get the perfect results instantly which pushed her back so we took a step back as in no kinky play whatsoever then I let her take the lead and do things at her pace, we tried a bit ofbondadge she loved it from both sides of the fence, hell a few times she had me locked for a few weeks and when she decided to give me release I was tied up and she spat it into my mouth which I wasn' a fan of but super turn on, and like I mentioned she wanted me licked while she went away but couldn' because of work then this out of the blue, it' possibly just been dragging her down and by the sounds of it she feels forced to do it o keep me happy eventhough I haven' pushed it for months it' been all her which is the confusing part.

If she didn' want to do anything I'd be fine with that and let time takes it' course and explore slowly, but from all that progress made off her own back with me not pushing I'm getting mixed signals it just doesn't add up, her point holds no water as it were after the step back and progress

15. boisub

boisub Inaccessible member

Northwest US
    Local Time:
    Very well put, @slave stroppy!

16. Mandynjack

Mandynjack Long term member

Local Time:
    Jog on young man, you have both had a lucky escape. As said before, this LS only works when both parties are fully invested. Remember, you don't have to be alone to be lonely!

SheisaBitch, JiL, Giveitup and 3 others like this.
  17. Jane's property

Local Time:
    Looking on the bright side It could be worse, i could have been locked up while she was away as planned and she could have just done a runner!

Chaste J., Allen1987 and Panda2010 like this.
  18. Nicoftime

Nicoftime The suspense is terrible...I hope it lasts

Railroad
    South of Lacrosse Wisconsin
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Just wanted to clarify my earlier response. Love beats kink any day of the week. Trust, respect, and friendship are cornerstones...but if you happen to know you are a certain way, and you know she doesn’t feel it possible to ever want that, it certainly isn’t a good match.

Breathe, Chaste J. and Lakeman like this.
  19. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Sheffield. South Yorkshire UK
    Local Time:
    I would sugest that if you think you have a dilemma then your relationship is done. The very fact that you think there is a choice to be made in my view tells you that you have made a choice already and just don't want all the shit that comes with a break up.

Once you have come to the conclusion that you have in fact decided to end it. Then to be sure question what or should I say who you are giving up and for what before you do. Whatever you decide she has obviously thought long and hard about this before having thrown down ..accept her as she is or go away... and the longer you delay the more she will believe you prefer your individual kink to her and your joint marriage. Serious stuff.

I do believe that almost anyone can steer even a completely vanilla partner into taking and enjoying a more dominant role unless of course the partner would rather it be the other way round.

Maybe for you the submission you crave with your wife can be achieved without her ever knowing. Simply do everything as though you were in a FLR and slowly see where that goes. She might enjoy the extra attentiveness and all the perks sufficiently that she might want you encourage you to continue.

Especially if over time she notices that you are less attentive after you cum, whereas most women have to put up with that she at least does know she does not have to.

If she questions this new life-style behaviour then just tell her you realise you were being selfish and want your relationship to be more about her.

It may take a long time and no promises but you might still be able to get something like what you want if it truly becomes what she wants.

And if that solution does not sound as though it would work for you then take her offer of ending it and all the shit that comes with accepting it.

Whatever your joint decision I hope it works out for you.

.................................................................. ​

I'm sure I'll get some stick for this but first consider this please.
    Is such manipulation really no more than just topping from the bottom and isn't that justifiable if the end result is mutually acceptable and enhances the relationship for you both?

Bear in mind though just because you brought out the Dom there is no telling what kind.

20. Chaste J.

Chaste J. Long term member

Local Time:
    But if you have a submissive side then you'll enjoy some stick!! :)

21. DonnaSue

DonnaSue Long term member

Retired
    Southeast US
    Local Time:
    I agree with Mistress Jules. I think having really open communication is what underlies a good relationship, sex life, and also a little kink. I say put the ability to communicate deeply and honestly with each other at the core of your relationship and then everything else will fall into place. If you can't feel that sort of deep, heart to heart communication, find someone with whom you can get deeper.

Breathe and Mistress Jules like this.
  22. Love&Passion

Love&Passion Long term member

Local Time:
    i am very sorry this is happening to you.

I remembered the reasons my counselor said why usually marriages fail and it's
    Money, Sex, Kids (different ideas about how to raise them) and Communication. If you know that 2 will be a problem everything else needs to be extremely strong but the question is if there is no way to make you two more compatible with more communication. Is she very religious which is why it is hard for her to push the limits, did you push her the wrong way etc....

whatever decision you make - try and talk a lot and very openly.

23. Jane's property

Local Time:
    Thought I'd post an update after last night, first I'd like to say thank you all for the great advice so grab some popcorn and sit back!

So I got home and we had a little general conversation avoiding the big elephant in the room, I'll admit I was in a slight mood not being too open or too into conversation, I was home and I was hoping for a simple answer instantly.

Eventually we sat down and I asked her where she was at with it all, she said she was looking for somewhere else to stay because she can't just wait and see what happens,

I said I don't want to influence the decision in anyway and she continued to talk about flats and I explained it will all be a struggle financially for her and that she would be best moving back to her mother's as hard as it might be at first.

Things got a little heated or should I say slightly raised voices that's about as bad as we get and this is a first for us both as a couple, I told her I'm willing to stop all the kinky stuff and give it a shot all over again, she said why didn't you say this months ago and I reminded her I did but she carried on with it all, her reply was she felt pressured to do it all and we left it at that for an hour ate food and let it all sink in on both sides.

Sofa and talk time was next. This is where it gets intresting and was a massive eye opener for me.

There was no mention of kink for a while, she said that she has lost the sexual spark and doesn't feel any attraction to me because of the past few months but everything else is perfect for her it is just the sex life for these reasons.

I have a high sex drive, she felt like she had to sneak to bed all the time as to avoid me making a move, she used to get up early because she knew if I woke up and she was there I'd be after one thing, a few other things were mentioned but I just thought fuck me I'm a proper pest....if I was watching it on a film I'd be shouting at the screen saying she should get the fuck out! It was a real eye opener. She said sex was just something she felt like she had to do when I wanted it just to keep everything else in balance like the rest of the relationship.

I mentioned the kink after apologizing and she admitted if u brought it up straight away she would have not got to this point in the relationship, I explained it was a massive thing for me to bring it up in the first place and I personally couldn't think of a perfect time to bring it up, picture this, perfect girl everything's great from the start do you

1.bring it up after a week or so and know she'll run

2.introduce it after a few subtle hints months in

3.wait years and risk losing a lot more plus feeling sexually unfulfilled throughout the wait time

I went for option 2, it just seems like it was the general sexual relationship we didn't have stable enough at the time, I explained to her, we met, and in the space of a month or so everything was great so she just moved in, we didn't build up the sexual passion with going on proper dates together we were quite happy staying on the sofa then she felt the need to just give me sex she just saw it as apart of the deal and I explained it's perfect from a guys point of view so why question it? If she didn't want to do it why would she? But she saw it as her job ....a task she just had to do so never Said anything and I think that's the route of the problem, I just chucked the kinky bomb in a few months in and this just added to her task or job 'oh I've got to do it and now this is the only way he likes it'

I told her it isn't, and asked if she didn't enjoy or want anything then why didn't she say? She said it was just to keep everything else perfect, she enjoys some of the kinky things and will carry on in time but we first need to establish the basic wants and limits , I've told her I was just getting mixed signals and if we do progress over the next month's I won't expect sex I'll expect her to say sorry I'm tired I'm just gonna go to sleep instead of thinking I need to do this so he's happy before I go to bed!

Love&Passion likes this.
  24. Jane's property

Local Time:
    In the end I think has boiled down to basic communication on her part, if she doesn't want sex then say simple as that I said men just think with there ducks if it' offered why turn it down so we just got stuck in a destructive cycle that has come to boiling point for her.

The plan is to take it slow and have a week of space, if we come together again and the spark just isn' there then at the very least we can part on great terms knowing we gave it a good shot knowing the problems but we were just not right for each other in that department. But if we regain the spark then probably in time the kinky might comeback at her pace as long as we're Open enough with each other including her saying stop or not tonight!

I did mention chastity and that'
    Why I thought it'T be a good idea but she felt she had to lock me up but still release me every other day , so I thought dam she does want me a lot, turns out she felt she had to include the kink in between the job instead of licking me up so she's truly in charge as intended! Thanks for reading people

Love&Passion likes this.
  25. caged certo

caged certo Long term member

none, retired
    netherlands
    Local Time:
    1:44 AM
    I wish you a lot of wisdom, but if something will change by your wife thats a big question.
    Follow your heart and think to the rest of your life.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice