Too much fantasy

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by 613CuckLock, Oct 11, 2019.

Random Thread
  1. Guest 2684

Guest 2684 Long term member

Local Time:
    10:20 PM
    I do agree just you will not be able to control it and will have to live with it

2. Tom Allen

Tom Allen Member

Southern New England
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    11:20 PM
    I've intentionally stayed out of this thread because of the disturbing number of people who don't seem to care about the difference between the real and the fantasy posts.

I blame post modernism and the entrenchment of moral relativity in our educational system.
    ;)

Ulex_, lockedforfun, NsToy and 2 others like this.
  3. JaySaysYes

JaySaysYes I identify as someone that is always right

Local Time:
    4:20 AM
    I think you are saying "People believe the shit they read online".

I agree, and I also think IQs are generally dropping. Maybe it's a Sars-Cov-2 thing.

NsToy and Tom Allen like this.
  4. HusbandX

HusbandX Long term member

Local Time:
    Because this isn't the evening news, and because the evening news exists to sell advertising, and because what you think is news is perspective catering to a particular bent or whim.

I was in a place called Pearl Circle a few years ago, where a massacre took place. It was alluded to on the news, but what you may have seen, if you saw it at all, wasn't what I saw. What I saw were gutters running full of blood, bodies, and men standing shoulder to shoulder with shotguns, rifles, and grenade launchers, overlooking a camp of civilian protesters.

Why did you not get the real story? Because that place housed the US Navy Fifth fleet, and there was a concerted effort not to make waves. And because many of those on the bridge were from another country, a neighboring country, doing things that the powers that be didn't want in the evening news. Instead, you saw stories about upbeat enlightenment and freedom, whimsically called the "arab spring." I was there. It wasn't anything of the kind. More like a lot of widespread killing and massacres. But if you watched the news, you wouldn't know that.

You'd like a place like this, where everything is fake, hiding behind screen names and talking about their private erotic fantasies, to be a source of truth and news?

That's actually really funny.

tomf_22033 likes this.
  5. Tom Allen

Tom Allen Member

Southern New England
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    First, I appreciate your perspective on this.

Second, I think that you took the conext from the wrong part of my previous comment. The more salient point is here:

This is not a news site, nor an agenda driven organization. This is one of the largest and oldest forums about male chastity and denial on the internet. People - mainly men - come here every day looking for information on a kink that is still relatively new. Nobody is writing PdD dissertations on this, you don't see "chastity themed" fashion shows (Be quiet, @Giles_English ) , and no Hollywood stars are hitting the beaches sporting their cages.

It would be nice if we could expect that, say, at least 75% of the information on here is accurate... or at least, not outright dangerous.

Slave-boy likes this.
  6. Giles_English

Giles_English Chaste slave

Slave
    UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    3:20 AM
    (Since @Tom Allen summoned me)

I think this is largely a support group, so truth matters and untruth is rude, if only because it is a waste of other people's mental bandwidth.

I also strongly suspect that googling partners visit the site, if only briefly, so it would be better for all concerned if they didn't get the wrong idea.

We can certainly do without the "Keyholder must..." posts, as well as the memorable, "All Your Dommes Are Fake I am the Only True Domme" ones.

As for, how do you tell what's truthful?

As somebody else said, upthread, it's amazing what's possible. I didn't expect to be able to spend extended time in chastity, let alone discover that my wife preferred me that way.

Red flags are: too much detail, too prescriptive, not technically feasible, and dominant's purported behaviour violates human nature.

For example, there was a guy called Vinny who used to hang out here. He claimed his wife had kept him permanently chaste, and the two of had formed part of a stable FF/m menage a trois.

Though it's a classic fantasy, I actually found that plausible. If my wife were bi, it would be really easy to drift into a situation like that, and there wouldn't be much reason to end it. However, I'm not convinced the actual technology was up to that 20 years ago...

Rider9 likes this.
  7. jemima

jemima maid for my Mistress

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
    Mistress say that lots of folks have gone a bit silly cos of virus and me as well a bit more.

Ms. Joanne, MissyB and Headtrip like this.
  8. LockedPom

LockedPom Long term member

Australia
    Local Time:
    1:20 PM
    I think it's social media that had turned the world dumb.

Headtrip, L-u-c-y and Gigaman like this.
  9. L-u-c-y

Staff Member Owner of Chastity Mansion Administrator Verified Female

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    Social media is the true virus. It can spread mass hysteria and panic around the world in seconds.

10. steviepie

steviepie inferior and unworthy male

Manager
    the States
    Local Time:
    Yes Mistress L-u-c-y

11. Permenently Caged

Permenently Caged Long term member

Local Time:
    Now this is just my humble opinion...

...I find that Social media has removed those mental filters that were once in place. That little intellectual "Hmm Maybe I should not say that" filter as there might be hurt feelings, backlash or real life consequences.

People seem to take it for granted that we have the right to say whatever comes to mind "The Estelle Getty Syndrome". (Have I dated myself!?). Yes freedom of speech says so...and yet, we rarely wonder if "Thou Should?"

The reality is that filter we used to employ when we were face to face has gone into hibernation mode or worst yet, not been installed. Diplomacy is just a word and those that text WHATEVER comes to mind, without giving it a second thought...our minds go into "Stream of thought consciousness" and that is a sad reality.

I use this with my children and I tell them...if you can...BEFORE you open you mouth.

1) Will I be hurting anyone with my words for absolutely NO GOOD REASON
    2) Is what I am about to say Constructive or Helpful
    3) Am I helping someone with my comments
    4) Is what I am about to say FACT!
    5) Is what I am about to say verified..."They Say that...I heard that...I heard that some who got it from someone else who watched it on the web...So it MUST BE TRUE!"
    There are more...but, you get the Idea...and the Last one
    6) Should I just stay quiet?

I understand that this is fun...Chastity Mansion is wonderful and we all want to vent and have some attention sent our way. We just need to have those Filters Turned on. At least to the Minimum level.

I love Mark Twain who said..."Better to be assumed a fool...Than open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Personally, I dislike social media and yet here I am.

Again, just my humble opinion.
    ZAK

Breathe, Ulex_, Quietlisten and 3 others like this.
  12. L-u-c-y

Staff Member Owner of Chastity Mansion Administrator Verified Female

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    I don't think you can call this site social media. This is a forum for a specific subject.

Twitter, facebook, instagram etc are social media were anyone can pile on to any subject.

slbody, Headtrip and steviepie like this.
  13. SubSnuggler

SubSnuggler Owned by Mistress2and4you

USA
    Local Time:
    Examples of the pop-culture definition of social media, Twitter, Facebook, Reddit

Examples of the technical definition: anywhere where two or more people exchange opinions or information in a recorded form. So I guess forums are more of a 'long-form' social media. I get what Miss Lucy is saying and I understand that she doesn't want CM to be lumped into the dumpster fire of much what is found on the internet.

CM *is* better because the people here make it better. She knows it, and we know it.

I don't see much value in getting wrapped around the axle about what posts here are 'true' and what are 'fiction'. Personally, I think the signal to noise ratio on this forum is exceptionally good and the noise hits the filter pretty fast for most of us. So, is it a big deal to veterans of the lifestyle, or veterans of the forum, if someone posts some made-up fiction? No, not really.

Discussions of this sort just make the bar higher for people exploring their kinks. I don't want to be judgmental and I'm willing to deal with a higher noise ratio to see that happen.

Headtrip likes this.
  14. steviepie

steviepie inferior and unworthy male

Manager
    the States
    Local Time:
    Yes Mistress L-u-c-y

15. HusbandX

Local Time:
    This is just a web board. It could just as easily be a cork board in an apartment complex where people leave notes with thumb tacks, but has a larger participatory audience. That's all.

In a far distant location where people were bombing and shooting one another, we discovered hard evidence that the enemy, hard to define and see clearly, was tracking personnel with very specific information. The enemy received a bounty for each of us that was killed, on condition of capturing the death on camera. We were killed by name; targeted. How did the enemy know who we were? Social media, as it turned out. One of the primary research sources used.

With people anxious to vomit up every detail of their life (look at me now. See me. Adore me), the enemy knew their targets with a level of intimacy that made skin crawl. They knew us, they knew our families, where they went to school, even the time the garbage was picked up...thousands of miles away. They knew the car we drove, the name of the family dog, the routines, who would be home alone, favorite food, history, medical concerns. They knew it all. And their portfolios on their targets (us) was extensive.

Don't use social media, we said. We warned, we preached, we taught, we encouraged, we pushed, cajoled, demanded, insisted. But one can't hardly beat intelligence into those who are too busy encouraging the world to adore them. Too busy interested in what the latest "influencer" is doing. Too easily led by rumors and conspiracies and the stupidity of the moment, and the flat-out truth is that one can't fix stupid. People insisted that they had to post to facebook and twitter and every other look-at-me vanity site, because every one of them felt it ever so important that the world revolve around them. And they continued to die, targeted using the same information thrown out into cyber space that they thought made them special. And dead.

Same is true for those who would defraud, scam artists, identify thieves. The self-proud social media surfer may not blurt it all out at once, but identity crimes and cyber crimes are by degrees: a bit of information here, a bit of information there. My own millennial kids have been quick to give up the goods when their stalkers finally called for the last bit of information. Won a contest or scholarship and all you need is my social security number or date of birth? Sure, no problem. I'll give it to you over the phone. I'm so excited to hand you everything you need to take my life from me for the next seven to ten years. This is great! Would you like a picture of my dog?

The deep-seated lack of intelligence, shear stupidity, utter moronic conceit that accompanies anyone who would be led astray by false stories, social media influences, conspiracy theories, boggle the mind. How can it be possible? How can it be possible in such large, gross numbers? yet it is. One cannot fix stupidity. But one needn't be a part of it, and one can exercise the single brain cell required to stay away from it. So few do.

Lemmings, sheep, masses just dying to jump into the meat grinder. Literally. The world hasn't enough popcorn to sit back and watch it happen, so we mourn the tragedy, shake our heads, and watch another million take the leap. It seems to have no end.

Guest 6019 likes this.
  16. Quietlisten

Quietlisten Junior Member

Southeast U.S.
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    If most humans behave a certain way in a given situation, then they are by definition not outliers. This is why so much energy goes into designing equipment, social structures, etc. around how people DO think, behave, and react as opposed to how they SHOULD. I would agree that such safety guards are currently not installed on social media "equipment;" we don't yet know how to do that without trampling on rights we care quite a bit about for good reason.

More importantly, the ONLY route to wisdom is through humility. "I could be wrong, I could be part of the problem" is infinitely more likely to arrive at a sage understanding and to change minds than "I'm smart, I'm right, and just look at all those stupid 'others'." The latter is a perfectly NORMAL human reaction borne out of frustration, but it is self-adoring far more than it is effective.

I completely agree with some of your points if not your conclusions; it's just too bad they came wrapped in "look at me, adore me, I'm smarter than you" verbiage. (And yes, I do understand that this thread is now the Inception of hyperbole.)

17. HusbandX

Local Time:
    It's not too bad at all. You'll note that my words come with no apology.

I'm entirely unimpressed with the self-possessive demand to feed to feed the ego. Here am I. See me here, and there, and everywhere. This is me. Look upon me. Adore me. Like me. We live in a world in which not only self-worth, but another's worth is largely determined by their "likes."

Like I give a shit.

There's a commercial on television presently in which a young man is thinking about giving a young lady a ring. He is narrating. He says, "Some day, I will ask you a question which will change my life for ever. How fucking self-absorbed is that? How about, "Some day, I shall ask you a question which may change your life," or "which may change our lives." But, no. The narrator couches it in today-think. Some day I will as you a question, which will change my life forever.

I've little use for those who are so self-absorbed in their own bathwater that they can not see beyond their visage in their mirror. The world does not exist beyond. If it does, it's only serve them.

No, my words included such verbiage, because they are my words. It's not too bad at all. If someone wishes to say differently, let them. So long as I speak for myself, and I do well, I've little need, nor inclination, to apologize. I don't need others to do it for me.

Guest 6019 likes this.
  18. Quietlisten

Southeast U.S.
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Clearly.

Who asked you to apologize?

19. StubHub

StubHub Long term member

Retired
    Central iowa
    Local Time:
    Everyone is entitled to speak in their own words.

20. Quietlisten

Southeast U.S.
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Totally agree. Thank you.

21. StubHub

StubHub Long term member

Retired
    Central iowa
    Local Time:
    Our forum's are here to help and express our thoughts. We don't have to agree or accept everything written. But take it as something to consider.

22. Quietlisten

Southeast U.S.
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Again, couldn't agree more.

23. HusbandX

Local Time:
    Did you mean something else by suggesting that it was too bad my words came wrapped in...my words?

Too bad. As in, tough shit.

24. Quietlisten

Southeast U.S.
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Thank you for your incredibly sage words. How much better the on-line world would be if people truly understood this and followed these simple and thoughtful principles. Something strange happens to a small minority when they believe (rightly or wrongly) that they have gained the cloak of anonymity... they throw out all care for others. I'm saving this to re-read in the future. Again, thank you for posting.

R2002 likes this.
  25. Quietlisten

Southeast U.S.
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Personally, I agree. Unfortunately, if enough people act badly enough it will be regulators whose opinions and definitions count. Not saying I know what silly things might happen, but a lot of crazy things have come on the heels of a cry to "save the children."

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice