The Dignity of Women

Discussion in 'Female led relationships' started by littleguy3, Sep 10, 2022.

Random Thread
  1. JaySaysYes

JaySaysYes I identify as someone that is always right

Local Time:
    7:10 PM
    It's important to get the value of chattle right, otherwise you'll never get a fair exchange for her.

+1

Probably some oedipus thing going on too.

2. littleguy3

littleguy3 Adoring husband

Bondservant to my wife
    USA - Virginia
    Local Time:
    2:10 PM
    Thanks for those highlights! I've always thought the authors of scripture elevated women in eras and cultures where they were suppressed. It will be good for me to go back and reflect on that.

It seems clear to me in reading that passage that it was the authors observations and not a slave contact at all. By the end, the wife is described as being honored and praised.

Although I don't think it was your intent, you raise a good point: ancient literature has to be viewed and interpreted based on its context. What one values today from a passage like this isn't found in the details. And those details can't bee prescribed for today's context. It certainly would be written differently in modern times.

Robins toy and Lazlo Toth like this.
  3. littleguy3

Bondservant to my wife
    USA - Virginia
    Local Time:
    This thread took an unfortunate negative turn. What I had hoped for this was to focus on the essence of a culture or religion that promotes equality and dignity of women, not on how sinful men have twisted those principles for their selfish gain.

For those who don't share my Christian faith, I would love to hear your views on other cultures / religions that value women. A quick search led me to this interesting article that make me want to dig deeper about the background of these societies.

What are the traits and principles we can raise up, admire and learn from?

Lazlo Toth likes this.
  4. Jay Sub

Jay Sub "Smaller is better"

Construction Manager
    England - South-East
    Local Time:
    Glad you decided to take a more positive view now. Interesting article I wish to delve into more later

Lazlo Toth likes this.
  5. JaySaysYes

Local Time:
  6. Lazlo Toth

Lazlo Toth C/D on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale: 9/9

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    11:10 AM
    Yes! And let’s not forget the role of The White Tigress. She ruled. She’d enjoy fellating many young men for the rejuvenation power of their semen while her husband was to merely watch and support.

knightly and JaySaysYes like this.
  7. Lckdnpnk

Lckdnpnk Long term member

Engineer
    Midwest US
    Local Time:
    1:10 PM
    Yes, men viewed things differently, but God has never changed. It is clear in the Old and New Testament and especially in Proverbs 31 that women of God are wise, good managers, wielders of authority (especially when men fail to step up), business owners, investors, and even ministers of the gospel.

8. littleguy3

Bondservant to my wife
    USA - Virginia
    Local Time:
    Well said! Sinful men have distorted God's truth over the course of history but His principles haven't changed.

Lazlo Toth likes this.
  9. littleguy3

Bondservant to my wife
    USA - Virginia
    Local Time:
    I came across this article summarizing the findings of recent research done in Australia concerning the affect of inequity in a marriage relatiionship on the libido of the wife. "Researchers from Australia set out to answer the question: how does mental load inequality change women’s libido? They asked women questions about their level of sexual desire, and also questions about how equal the emotional and mental labour around the house was."

The research was interesting to me in at least two aspects. One, they measured libido 2 different ways: sexual desire for their husband and individual sexual desire in general. Second, they attempted to categorize marriages into 3 groups: homes where the wife carried the majority of the household burden, homes where the burden was evenly divided, and homes where the husband carried the majority of the household burden. Unfortunately, they couldn't find enough of the 3rd group to provide accurate results.

The researchers "found that women who carry more of the mental load than their partners have lower dyadic desire (sexual desire for their husband), and their relationship satisfaction is lower as well. Interestingly, they didn’t find tha solo desire changed much, but just the desire for partnered sex–so it seems that women who are in unequal partnerships may begin to feel resentment at being taken advantage of for so many years, and as a result their libidos tank. "

From a Christian perspective, the article mentions the biblical concept that couples are to be equally yoked, the concept coming from 2 oxen pulling a plow. If one is doing most of the work, the plow & oxen are going to veer off into the ditch.

The message is for men who are frustrated because of their wives low libido / low sexual desire for them to look at themselves; are they pulling their share of the weight at home? If not, they shouldn't expect that the switch will turn on immediately if they start doing more. It will take time to repair the damage done from years of neglect.

10. true42

true42 Owned member

Local Time:
    Have you seen this one? (I probably saw it somewhere on this site. Who knows, maybe this thread.)
    https://www.realclearscience.com/ar...l_desire_when_partners_do_chores_849750.html#

Lazlo Toth likes this.
  11. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
  12. littleguy3

Bondservant to my wife
    USA - Virginia
    Local Time:
  13. JaySaysYes

Local Time:
    Same. She loves seeing me do man stuff, even if it's just digging a new bed in the garden, but construction in particular is a big arousal for her.

I have never met a woman that is attracted to wimpy men.

Lazlo Toth likes this.
  14. littleguy3

Bondservant to my wife
    USA - Virginia
    Local Time:
    I was reading Jay Stringer's book "Unwanted" and came across a reference to "The Vow of Onah". This is a traditional Jewish marital vow for the husband that elevates the wife's needs & desires above his own.

In doing some research, I came across this blog post by Dr Tina Sellers. Below is the relevant excerpt to this thread, but the entire post is worth a read.

"Sex is considered a woman’s right, not a man’s. The husband is given the commandment of ‘Onah which is one of the religious obligations he assumes at marriage, ‘Onah is the commandment to supply all forms of well-being and pleasure to the wife. According to Hebrew scholar Moshe Idel, the term ‘Onah as a religious obligation is not connected to the sexual satisfaction of the husband, but to the special sexual needs of the wife. The husband has a duty to ensure that all forms of sexual touch are pleasurable for her. He is also expected to watch for signs that his wife wants intimate touch and to offer it without her asking for it."

I also came across this mention on Wikipedia that I thought was worth noting. One rabbi summed up the Vow of Onah: “One should ease his wife's mind and make her happy, prepare her and nurture her with words that make her happy so that she feels passionate towards him (which will be apparent in her breathing and eyes).”

I had never heard of "The Vow of Onah" until yesterday. When I started this journey with chastity at the beginning of the year, I had no idea where it would take me and my wife. All I knew was that I wanted to stop pleasuring myself & relinquish control of my sexuality over to my wife. Much of what we've learned via trial and error and from many resources like CM has led us to an intimacy in marriage much like what is described in Tina's post. For us, it's a sign of God's blessing and sovereign guidance in our marriage.

Rectrix and Proud to be chaste like this.
  15. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    In the Torah (Bible) the point was to provide offspring as opposed to pleasure.

Yet, I still agree with the points made. Especially when you think of offspring as part of what she’d call pleasure.

Interesting post!

16. Hig4s

Hig4s Long term member

Local Time:
    The 66 books (all written by men) of the king james Bible, which has had influence on all other versions, was compiled by 47 church of England Bible scholars, all men, from several hundred writings all written after 200 AD, many by women.

Lazlo Toth likes this.
  17. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    I concur. The Bible clearly places a high value on women. Ruth, Esther, Proverbs 31, etc.

littleguy3 likes this.
  18. Proud to be chaste

Proud to be chaste Active member

Local Time:
    8:10 PM
    How do you know that the bible was written by men only? There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that. What we know, is that it is very difficult to be sure who wrote what. We also know that according to the bible some women were great spiritual and/or political leaders (for example Deborah). So why couldn't women have contributed?

littleguy3 likes this.
  19. Hig4s

Hig4s Long term member

Local Time:
    Every known author of the books of the Bible are men, and while some books are officially listed as unknown, they all have sources indicating who is believed to have written them, and none of those are women either. I'm am not going to spend days retrieving links from the hundreds of articles I've read. You can believe what you want.

20. SubSnuggler

SubSnuggler Owned by Mistress2and4you

USA
    Local Time:
    Isn't there a manuscript believed to be the Gospel of Mary Magdalene?

21. Proud to be chaste

Proud to be chaste Active member

Local Time:
    8:10 PM
    I am genuinly curious, do you mean scientific and up to date articles? Or pop-science and religious or anti-religious articles? If you mean the latter, I am not the least surprised. If you mean the former, I am in fact somewhat surprised. By the way, it is not about what I want to believe, it is what I have learned from reading, listening to lectures, etc. Of course I might have misunderstood something, I am in no way a biblical scholar. I have no interest in a debate either, but if you know for example one really good scientific article on the topic I would greatly appreciate if you would share it. I not, no worries.

Lazlo Toth and littleguy3 like this.
  22. littleguy3

Bondservant to my wife
    USA - Virginia
    Local Time:
    There were many fake "gospels" authored that had to be sorted out in the first few centuries by the early church. They were pretty easy to identify as not being genuine. Copies still exist today for those that are curious.

I don't know what your sources are but either you have "secret" knowledge of the past or your sources lack basic knowledge of manuscript evidence of ancient literature especially the Bible. There are Old Testament manuscripts (copies of copies... of the original writings which can be dated to at least 100 BC. There are also fragments of New Testament writings that can be dated to 100 AD. The process of making copies to ensure accuracy down through the ages has been proven to be meticulous so much so that when copyists discovered an obvious error, they would not change it because their job depended on the accuracy of their work. There are literally over 10,000 transcripts of portions of the Bible in existence from different eras and parts of the world that can now be used for comparison purposes to say with a very very high degree of certainty we have the original text of the New Testament canon.

The King James Bible was just one of the first credible English translations made from the existing then available Greek and Hebrew transcripts. All of the major English versions today have been translated from the latest available Greek and Hebrew texts and do NOT rely on the King James version for translation decisions.

@Proud to be chaste makes a valid point that we don't know who the authors and contributors were to many of the books of the Bible. There are certainly scenes that could only have been contributed by females since they were the only observers. But even if they were mostly authored by men, the same is true of other ancient writings of those time periods. So are those works disreputable? I'd like to send every person who makes an outrageous statement like that back in time to live for 30 years and have them come back and report to us on the social and human rights practices. Heck, maybe just have them live as a female in Saudi Arabia in our present day and then have them lead the civil rights movement to overthrow those social barriers.

Sorry for the rant.... Based on what we know of societies during biblical times, the Bible elevates women above what was common in those eras and is evidence for it's authenticity. The authors were often martyred for such heretical beliefs and weren't willing to back down from the truth in the face of death.

Lazlo Toth and captivatedbyher like this.
  23. captivatedbyher

captivatedbyher romantic want to be

Farmer
    Northern NY
    Local Time:
    Does dignity = sameness? It is human nature to treat those who are different then us as less thans. Women tend to want to be moms, pretty, protected, earning money. Lets not rob them of the dignity that should be apart of what women want to do and stop trying to put them into a mold that was intended for males.

24. SubSnuggler

SubSnuggler Owned by Mistress2and4you

USA
    Local Time:

I was just pointing out that there are religious oriented texts rumored to have presented a female viewpoint - nothing more nothing less.

I think it's humorous that you make this argument that we don't really know who the authors of many of these ancient texts were.... (which of course is true) and then seem to be using that argument to conclude that the author of specific documents must be by default male (which of course in unaddressed by that argument). Maybe I misunderstood?

We are speaking of a time when women were rulers of some of the strongest empires in the region, for example Cleopatra had just ended her rule just a few decades before, and we have documents in her hand. She was fluent in multiple languages and was quite capable of writing. Eqypt had a long history of female rulers, as did multiple African countries. And at this time in Rome upper class women were near universally taught to read and write and were active in politics as well. I'm not so sure we should rule women out so quickly as writers of texts. This had echoes out for thousands of years from Helen mother of Constantine on to Anna Comnena.

25. littleguy3

Bondservant to my wife
    USA - Virginia
    Local Time:
    I didn't mean to suggest that there weren't female rulers or authors during this era. But the # compared to their male counterparts pale in comparison. And the cultures that supported them were few. Today, there are marked differences in many countries & societies today but still much needs to be done.

Back to the post I made about "the Vow of Onah". Here is an example of a custom tied closely to the Jewish faith and the Old Testament scriptures that attempts to dignify women's needs above a man's and treat them with sacrificial love and care, something that is championed here in CM by many. I'm pointing out that others have espoused these principles previously. But they got lost, trashed and buried. I think there's merit to understanding that these values & practices have a cultural & religious basis that goes back to some of the earliest recorded eras in human history. It helps us to lock in on this mindset and say "Yeah! This is the way things were meant to be!"

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice