Chastity and symbolism.

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by SlaveDavid, May 26, 2018.

1. SlaveDavid

SlaveDavid Member

Terrassa, Barcelona, Spain
    Local Time:
    4:43 PM
    Goddess Gaia likes this.
  2. Digital

Digital Aspiring Gentleman

IT Analyst
    Hampshire UK
    Local Time:
    3:43 PM
    It seems to me the concept of a subject being a reflection of there Domme gets lost in all the various fantasies in this community. I've always thought that a sub needs to learn to be an honourable representation of there dominant. The idea of learning from her guidance and wisdom to grow into a better person seems like a more worthwhile and powerful dynamic. It seems more creative, focused and insperational.

Humiliation and degradation seem like a very distructive and weak approach to domination. I can't see what it achieves and makes both the Domme and sub look lost.

Goddess Gaia likes this.
  3. Digital

IT Analyst
    Hampshire UK
    Local Time:
  4. Goddess Gaia

Goddess Gaia Looking for a Good boy in Phildelphia
    Verified Female

Healing the world with Love
    Philadelphia, PA
    Local Time:
    10:43 AM
    Too bad you're so far away, I love the way you think!

Digital likes this.
  5. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Sheffield. South Yorkshire UK
    Local Time:
    I do not find that any woman currently visibly wearing a key becomes 'sexualized' .

As a symbol that indicates an interest in TTTWD a key especially one that has been made more ornate to become a piece of jewellery in its own right takes some beating.

Though I can see how some might want to create something that sends a more discrete message only really recognisable to those in the know. There would I think be fine line between creating something of that nature which did/does not invite questions from the more vanilla people.

6. LesterBallard

LesterBallard Long term member

Management
    United Kingdom
    Local Time:
    it wasn't the idea of a woman wearing a key round her neck I was referring to. It was the picture of the young totty - a typical male wank fantasy image.

Goddess Gaia likes this.
  7. tomf_22033

tomf_22033 Long term member

VA USA
    Local Time:
    Not to get political but the Elephant is used as a symbol or the US Republican Party.

Given the extreme hostile political climate here in the USA I’d say it’s a terrible choice as some extremist on the far left might mistake it and get violent. We’ve had people attacked for being “Nazi” from ANTIFA fanatics just because they were walking down a street. Personally I wouldn’t want anything that would trigger these nuts.

So no elephants and no donkeys imho.

8. bondinchas

bondinchas Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
    Would the caged white cock be the animal symbol of chastity you're looking for?
    It's often used.
    A cockerel has the name, but no penis!

9. Digital

IT Analyst
    Hampshire UK
    Local Time:
    Thanks, it's reassuring to know that despite my various flaws I'm heading in the right direction.

Goddess Gaia likes this.
  10. Goddess Gaia

Verified Female

Philadelphia, PA
    Local Time:
    I don't know what TTTWD means?

11. Goddess Gaia

Verified Female

Philadelphia, PA
    Local Time:
    I completely disagree, this a worldwide website and multiple cultures see the elephant as a sacred animal. I wouldn't discount thousands of years of religious meaning out of fear of one megalomaniac nation.

Digital likes this.
  12. Digital

IT Analyst
    Hampshire UK
    Local Time:
    I hate they way society likes to tarnish and discredit something when it is associated with something negative. I can understand the need to be respectful at times in certain scenarios especially with symbols of negativity like knives and guns. But innocent symbols like animals and colours should be available to be reclaimed and be given the chance to earn a new meanings in a more positive light.

Otherwise we can also rule out the colour white because there is a chance it could be considered racist.

Goddess Gaia likes this.
  13. Nicoftime

Nicoftime The suspense is terrible...I hope it lasts

Railroad
    South of Lacrosse Wisconsin
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    9:43 AM
    There are two problems with symbolism when it comes to sexuality. One, For it to be well known to mean a specific thing, enough people must agree and commonly use it for it to be recognized. Two, if everyone finally does know what it means and recognizes it, the symbol now advertises your sexual activity for the world to see.

When I was younger an earring in the right ear meant gay. By the time most had heard about it, I had stopped seeing right ear rings. Then it went to both ears, and now it doesn’t mean anything.

I think we are left with a key symbol, and wondering if they are into chastity, not knowing what that key means to them.

Chaste J. likes this.
  14. boisub

boisub Inaccessible member

Northwest US
    Local Time:
    8:43 AM
    I think the seahorse would be a good symbol. They are beautiful and delicate, and if we want to engage in anthropomorphism, you could say that the male’s role in reproduction is more “subby” than that of other species (the female deposits her eggs into a pouch on the male’s body, where they are carried until gestation).

Plus there’s this from Wikipedia: “Their prehensile tail can only be unlocked in the most extreme conditions.” Sounds good to me!

15. tomf_22033

VA USA
    Local Time:
    Normally I’d agree with you, but the facts are they’re unstable and violent people in the world. And while you’re right in that colors, animals and probably most other things shouldn’t be political or offensive, some don’t agree.

My comment was to make the point that some things especially the elephant can be misinterpreted

16. tomf_22033

VA USA
    Local Time:
    I don’t think a nation has anything to do with my point. My point is that there are nuts who will see an elephant wrong. If they attack innocent people because they feel they’re Nazi or something they don’t agree with why risk people being harmed by them?

And ANTIFA is t just a US problem.

17. Mash2214

Mash2214 Locked today, tomorrow, forever

Business Owner, servant
    Canada
    Local Time:
    If your looking for a logo or something to say tattoo on your body try the 2016 Rio Olympic logo. Do it in black and grey and people will think its from the olympics but we all know what it really looks like.

Annemarie likes this.
  18. Digital

IT Analyst
    Hampshire UK
    Local Time:
    A valid point, with society still so judgemental about sexuality it isn't easy to be truly expressive. But sometimes symbolism can help bring down the barriers. In the past people were afraid afraid to come out of the closet about being gay but as symbols become more recognised they realised they were not alone, they had support and now they have plenty of symbols to express there sexuality. They still don't have total freedom in society across the world but it's a huge step forward. ItsI difficult to say if other sexual lifestyles will ever be able to earn a similar level of respect. They just need the right people to push the right boundaries in society and maybe they can earn a similar respect and freedom.

It seems we live in a world where people can find reason to get violent about anything. Supporting the wrong sports team. Wearing the wrong clothes etc. So I can respect a need to be a little cautious but there is also a world of creativity that can be utilised to take a common symbol and reinvent it with a new meaning so it has no resemblance to any previous interpretations.

For example when I was thinking of an elephant my imagination pictured something totally different to the US republican party. I was thinking of the elephant face on, with its head protected by armour loosely resembling a basic chastity cage. But I'm sure more creative people than I can come up with other more interesting ideas.

Mash2214 likes this.
  19. Mash2214

Mash2214 Locked today, tomorrow, forever

Business Owner, servant
    Canada
    Local Time:
    02D27944-A1F7-4963-A3BC-221AD5B637FE.jpeg
    The thinking ball has started to roll. The universal Chastity symbol will be born.

Arti_Rao, bondinchas, Digital and 2 others like this.
  20. boisub

boisub Inaccessible member

Northwest US
    Local Time:
    In classical literature, a cuckold is often signified by a goat. In fact, in some Latin American cultures, calling a man a goat (cabrón) is a serious, serious insult.

This is also why a man who is being cuckolded is sometimes referred to as “growing horns”

I think all the cuckolds and would-be cuckolds here at CM should take the goat back as a symbol and embrace it.

Mash2214 likes this.
  21. Goddess Gaia

Verified Female

Philadelphia, PA
    Local Time:
    For some reason I assumed we were talking symbolism just to use amongst ourselves on this site, so I didn't understand the concerns of being noticed in public at first. I still think I'll try to draw something the men here can use, maybe I'll have my subs add it to their profile, hm.....

But elephant as a symbol is a hill I have decided to die on. I live in the US, and I see them everywhere now. For some reason they're currently popular in fashion and home decor, as well as llamas (which I don't understand) and unicorns (which I fully understand). I think designers are just using animals that women love as decoration right now.

Which is another reason why I like the elephant. Lots of women think they're cute or interesting animals. Isn't chastity about our choice?

Elephants are admired around the world for many different reasons. As far as I know, elephants only represent a political party in the US, and then only in a certain context. When I see elephants painted on a serving bowl at Target, I do not assume that Target is secretly advertising the Republican party.

As for me personally, I love the elephant as a chastity symbol for the reasons pointed out earlier: they're a symbol of wisdom, they're faithful and don't forget, and I love the idea of the soft trunk pointing down as a symbol in and of itself. Also, elephants can be ridden and I have an image of me on a tired day climbing onto my elephant and being gently and lovingly carried home <3

Digital and Mash2214 like this.
  22. Goddess Gaia

Verified Female

Philadelphia, PA
    Local Time:
    s-l300.jpg 120b761b19751c4477fb759b9263e2e7.jpg wedding.jpg e33c7ed0cb89d1b6dd42810af4203dc9.jpg LIW_9_Headstrong_SeanLeeDavies.jpg young-woman-sat-on-an-elephant-AP7WRJ.jpg ele-humancare.jpg

ANOTHER REASON-the elephant's trunk is generally soft, even when it's raised it. It's used for eating and spraying water. It's not a weapon, they have tusks for that. I like that image better than a bull or lion.

I got so excited about this I went and found some pictures. Doesn't the first picture look fit for a Queen?
    And elephants are decorated for holy days in India. I like this because the trunk is LOVED, it's not shameful. I've already looked at decorative penis jewelry for men. I would definitely give some to my boyfriend someday.

There's even a picture that looks like the Lady is marrying the elephant! How lovely for our long-term couples here.

When the elephant lifts his trunk, it brings both him and his Lady joy.

I love the picture of the two heads meeting. Elephants are gentler than wild horses, they don't need to be tamed. You can see the elephant would never hurt Her.

And he's so happy to carry Her on his back <3

I know there are different versions of chastity, but the elephant really speaks to me. I want a strong, gentle, supportive, protective man. And I intend to let him raise his trunk sometimes :)

What do you think of these pictures? Ladies, what do you think of the elephant as symbol??

Gaia <3 <3

Digital likes this.
  23. Digital

IT Analyst
    Hampshire UK
    Local Time:
    Love the pictures and hearing your perspective.

Never expected the symbols to be public either but these things have a way of leaking out and I expect there are a few exhibitionist who like to show off.

I did try a mock up a basic concept of my thoughts but it didnt come out the way I wanted and didn't have time to sort it out.

What I picture is a white elephant head face on drawn in a tribal style. The eyes of the elephant could contain a basic key symbol or the female symbol if they wish to show an FLR dynamic. The elephants trunk would be straight down central. Originally I was planning to symbolise the chastity with a cage style armour but seeing it I'm thinking this might be too obvious. I'm thinking a simple vine curled round the trunk might be a little more subtle and look a lot better. The ears and tusks are an area I haven't properly worked out.

Goddess Gaia likes this.
  24. Digital

IT Analyst
    Hampshire UK
    Local Time:
    I haven't had a chance to look at this yet but thought I'd share some examples of the style I was thinking of.

elephant-tribal-vector-2184165.jpg

tribal-elephant-vector-2535060.jpg

25. Goddess Gaia

Verified Female

Philadelphia, PA
    Local Time:
    I like the face of the first one and the trunk of the second. They're both great!! Are you going to add the vine?

Digital likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice