Was Will Smith right? Aka what would you do if someone disrespected your Wife?

Discussion in 'Female led relationships' started by Isopropylforyou, Apr 12, 2022.

Random Thread
  1. Isopropylforyou

Isopropylforyou Long term member

Seeker of Truth and Knowledge.
    Texas
    Local Time:
    9:53 AM
    I, like everyone else in the know universe, saw what Will Smith did.

My question is, what would you do if someone disrespected your Wife?

I have, on a few occasions, warned other Men to be careful how they act around my Wife. I am sure that the look on my face explained my ability to commit violence in defense of her Honor.

I have spent a large portion of my life living the Martial Way. So my sense of what is right and wrong are skewed in that direction.

I am sure that if someone did not heed my warnings about disrespecting my Wife, I would lose it. I would grind them up and brew them in my next pot of Coffee.

I am from the school that stupid should hurt and saying inappropriate things have painful consequences.

What do you folks think?

What would you do?

Not trying to be a tough guy, just trying to understand my feelings about this subject matter.

Iso.

Guest 2684 likes this.
  2. Hig4s

Hig4s Long term member

Local Time:
    10:53 AM
    1 I'm tired of this.
    2 calling her GI Jane, while humorous, was complimentary not derogatory.
    3 it has been fairly well documented that Will and Jada's open marriage is her idea.
    4 it seems to me Jada and Will having issues with Chris has more to do with the relationship from all the time Chris and Jada spent together working than what was said at Ocsars.

Trapped and LukeVallentine like this.
  3. cogman

cogman Long term member

Business owner
    Australia - Sydney
    Local Time:
    12:53 AM
    He laughed until he looked at Jada and she rolled her eyes. And everyone knows he is a cuck to her. So probably the circumstances of their relationship and the tension therein that resulted in him snapping.

He did not know Jada had a condition.

There is no excuse for him walking up on stage and smacking him without warning. Fine if afterwards he took him to task verbally but to demonstrate that crap in front of the world is out of line.

That said do I think he deserved to be banned for 10 years no. Should he get off scott free no.

To be honest it looked so fake at first I thought it was a prank.

Ill be the first person to stand up for my partner and eyeball someone which could lead to something else but to just walk up and smack someone...sorry ladies but nar.

Aussiecple and LukeVallentine like this.
  4. Bonobo

Bonobo Long term member

Local Time:
    To violently assault a man for his words is just pathetic, and Anyone encouraging violence like this or worse against words is equally pathetic.

If this was truly bothersome Will and Jada Smith should have stood up and walk out, that’s the real martial way!!! Walk softly and carry a big stick.

5. Kiesela

Kiesela Long term member

Local Time:
    3:53 PM
    I had no idea who Will Smith was or what he had done because I don't have a TV.
    Now, thanks to this post I have seen it and to be honest, I wish that all of the people on this planet who are like Will Smith could simply be deleted.

jemima likes this.
  6. cogman

cogman Long term member

Business owner
    Australia - Sydney
    Local Time:
    What I found interesting though is that quite a lot of people seem to think it was ok......and of those people that can see why he did it more of them were women than men, thats just an observation it may or may not be correct but I cant see a poll being worth anything here because this forum comprises of mostly men lol.

There was this one by Yahoo which may or not be worth shit

A majority of people questioned in the new study (67%) believe Smith’s actions were wrong; 16% said he was right and 17% responded they were not sure.

The poll surveyed 1,618 adults, with 63% identifying as white, 12% as Black and 16% as Latinx. While the majority of respondents, which comprised 51% women, thinks Smith should keep the Best Actor Oscar he won for playing the father of Venus and Serena Williams in King Richard, 28% believe his statuette should be taken away, and 22% were unsure.

7. Hig4s

Hig4s Long term member

Local Time:
    If I was in that position, and it actually offended me, I would l would like to think I would walk up, take the mic and say loudly and clearly, for everyone to hear, "You crossed the line and insulted my wife, you need to apologize, and while you're at it, apologize to the audience, the people at home, and the rest of the world, for not having said anything funny in the last ten years." Mic drop, walk away.

8. Guest 2684

Guest 2684 Long term member

Local Time:
    9:53 AM
    I am sorry I would have broke his jaw. Anyone say anything bad about my wife or kids and I can get to them will go to the hospital I guarantee it. I am sure I will take criticism for this but don’t care.

9. Hig4s

Hig4s Long term member

Local Time:
    Is this the too much fantasy thread?

10. Guest 3729

Guest 3729 Long term member

Local Time:
    8:53 AM
    What’s unfortunate is that the Oscar’s have become nothing but a trashy award show anyway. Not because of Will Smith’s slap but because of years of an onslaught of less funny comedians who’d rather use shock value to entertain their audience over actual creativity in humor. I think the last time the Oscar’s had any class was when Billy Crystal had hosted the award show multiple times. The Oscar’s have turned into nothing but a classless roast of celebrities with poor jokes and it was only inevitable before things became physical. If it wasn’t Will Smith and Chris Rock, at some point, some time it would’ve been another two who would’ve gone at it.

11. remyruff

remyruff Long time member

Los Cabos
    Local Time:
    8:53 AM
    Nobody cares that you don't know Will Smith. We do care that you think people making a simple mistake should be deleted. You are what is wrong with the world today, shame on you Sissy.. Not a guy smacking another guy for talking shit. That is human.
    Calm down and stay in your corner Kiesela.

12. Kiesela

Kiesela Long term member

Local Time:
    There are too many Will Smiths in the world.
    Your big man posturing and swearing hard talk is pathetic.
    Just as pathetic as the world war that's unfolding before us.
    Big tough men smacking each other and putting people in corners is destroying everything.
    it always did.

jemima and R2002 like this.
  13. cogman

cogman Long term member

Business owner
    Australia - Sydney
    Local Time:
    Part of the reason there is a world war unfolding in front of us is because the west dont have the guts to stand up to them (Russia as well as no doubt China). The west are so busy being WOKE they are laughing at us, and just walking all over us.

That said lets not turn this into a political thread about world wars but it is illustrative of sometimes you have to stand up. I dont blame Will Smith for standing up for his wife...BUT he did it the wrong way.

Maid Denise and Isopropylforyou like this.
  14. Kiesela

Kiesela Long term member

Local Time:
    Violence is the very lowest form of communication.
    it's for idiots.

mikecb, LukeVallentine and RexVa like this.
  15. rubbermade

rubbermade Member

Bristol, UK
    Local Time:
    In my view, there is no excuse for violence in that situation. I have never struck another person and would only do so in the most extreme circumstances; for example I would protect my wife and family from actual harm to the limit of my capability.
    To lose control and commit such violence in public and for a perceived slight is childish and contemptible. They could have walked out and made the point much more emphatically, or walked to the stage and asked Chris Rock to retract the comment since they found it offensive. Either would have demonstrated rational composure and maturity. I would not care to delete Mr. Smith and his ilk, but do hope that he and others have learned how foolish they appear when out of control.

remyruff, your disrespectful comment is not appreciated and in my view also promotes male violence. Surprising for a chaste male.

Kiesela, LukeVallentine and R2002 like this.
  16. Hig4s

Hig4s Long term member

Local Time:
    You obviously have no clue what the definition or etymology of that word is. You are just parroting the conservative politically intentional misuse of it.

Doh! Too late, you just did.

Kiesela likes this.
  17. Guest 6019

Guest 6019 Long term member

Local Time:
    He was way out of order, but the witch-hunt is a bit too much. Maybe I'm wrong, but on balance hasn't he been a fairly good role model over the years, and shouldn't be condemned for a momentary lapse of reason?

He apologized sincerely I believe, so move on, I say.

"(CNN)Will Smith has issued an apology for striking presenter Chris Rock at Sunday's Academy Awards.

In a post on Instagram on Monday afternoon, Smith called his behavior "unacceptable and inexcusable"

"Jokes at my expense are a part of the job, but a joke about Jada's medical condition was too much for me to bear and I reacted emotionally," he wrote. "I would like to publicly apologize to you, Chris. I was out of line and I was wrong. I am embarrassed and my actions were not indicative of the man I want to be. There is no place for violence in a world of love and kindness...""

...and he went further.

I'm sure Chris Rock will forgive him, but that's between themselves.

18. WillieBDenied

WillieBDenied All men should be locked

Software
    San Diego, CA
    Local Time:
    7:53 AM
    If a simple insult, or worse yet, a poorly themed joke, drives you to violence then you have some serious mental issues. They're just words. Besides that, comedians insult and make fun of everything - Jada is no exception. Have these people never heard of the Dean Martin Celebrity roasts? People are so soft and sensitive these days about everything.

With that said, what he did was so inappropriate that a lifetime ban is warranted.

Kiesela and LukeVallentine like this.
  19. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    I feel he was out of line striking him, as others have said, Chris didn’t know Jada has a condition, and as pointed out he only reacted like that after he saw jadas reaction to him. I think will needs some help.

LukeVallentine likes this.
  20. Lazlo Toth

Lazlo Toth C/D on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale: 9/9

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    7:53 AM
    Is physical violence justified because of words? Especially because of a comedian whose job it is to humorously hurl insults? NO. Simply NO.

I will add this (as a rather well trained and capable martial artist myself): IF you are gonna deploy yourself as a weapon, a silly little "bitch slap" only makes you look weak in mind, body and spirit.

Never use a weapon (your hands, a gun, a knife) to "teach a lesson". They are used to defend yourself when truly threatened or to end another life because you are genuinely threatened.

And the law backs you up on this. ONLY when YOU are genuinely threatened is physical force ever justified.

The better I became at my body being a somewhat lethal weapon, the FAR LESS likely I was ever to use it as one. I pray I never do.

subrick, corsac and LukeVallentine like this.
  21. jemima

jemima maid for my Mistress

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
    i seen it happen on News and i think that the man that say the nasty things was wrong to say it and i think as well that the man that went up and hit him was wrong as well. They both wrong so there.

22. Guest 6019

Guest 6019 Long term member

Local Time:
    I love the way that you look at the world, flower...

(Flower - A Brummie term of endearment an old ganger-man supervisor of mine used every time he would greet the lads. "Owroyt flower") I just love the Midlands accents.

jemima likes this.
  23. tomf_22033

tomf_22033 Long term member

VA USA
    Local Time:
    I'm not sure what I'd have done. But I sure wouldn't have slapped him. If I was going to hit someone and risk going to jail I'm going to hit them hard enough to make them never want to repeat what they did. And for those who don't know me, yes I train in martial arts and can hit hard enough to lay him out. Likewise I could do other things to make him wish he wasn't disrespectful to a woman with an illness.

So given how I am. I'd probably have stood up and told him to stop and apologize. After that I'd probably have gone off that it's not cool to make comments about the ill. And that if he couldn't be a man and stop I'd gladly settle it with him in private. But that's just me.

Of course it's easy to say what we'd do when we aren't in the heat of the moment. So again, I wouldn't have slapped him. But I sure would have done something.

Isopropylforyou likes this.
  24. true42

true42 Owned member

Local Time:
    This is definitely the most important topic of the day.
    /s

25. LukeVallentine

LukeVallentine Long term member

EU
    Local Time:
    5:53 PM
    Like many have already pointed out, the inability to take a joke and resorting to violence is a sure sign of immaturity and possible mental problems.
    I also believe that by flipping out Will had insulted Jada in a way - he had in fact made a decision for her. His actions suggested that Jada couldn't decide how to react to a simple joke. That's not the way to act around strong, independent women. They're quite capable of deciding whether or not they were insulted and choose the appropriate action.

SubSnuggler and Kiesela like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice