Why ' cis ' ? why even bother with it

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by filltee, Jun 30, 2019.

1. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Sheffield. South Yorkshire UK
    Local Time:
    4:49 AM
    I do not give respect to anyone that I have not established for myself is deserving of it. Common courtesy towards anyone would not be witheld by me without reason

Please don't even pretend you understand what I'm saying or what the intent of my words are. You have already shown yourself to clearly not able to understand me. I also assure you I don't care whether you do or not just don't claim to.

Do I set out to injure others with my words? No well not undeservedly so. Do I concede anything you say in reference to myself when you try so hard in your ungifted way to be a weaver of words and meaning? ...Of course not.

To be honest if you said white was not black I'd have to check for myself such is my opinion of you because of your petty uninformed ramblings.

2. Sussex UK Sissy Cuck

Sussex UK Sissy Cuck Active member

UK, Sussex
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Then that is a degree of respect for the individual.

Can you read? I have done so such thing. I actually asked a question to request clarification. This illustrates perfectly how you respond before digesting and firing off an inappropriate reply.

3. Sussex UK Sissy Cuck

UK, Sussex
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    And that there is the point really; your lack of empathy with other people.

You are happy to label someone "thin-skinned" without ever knowing their life experiences, rather than simply accept growing common knowledge of why some people are genuinely upset by certain terms.

There was a time when "the N word" was seen as "just a word" and PoC too "easily offended" by it. But of course, we are all better informed now as to why they are and its connotations of slavery.

What terms do you think you might be using today that you will be judge for? How are you to know what they are unless you listen to those who are offended? Or do you naively believe that there are no such terms at all used today that are objectively offensive, still used by you when they have already been reappraised by others?

All generations have those of course that as they age stop taking on board increased knowledge disseminated by society, and instead remain steadfast in their old habits, even at the expense of hurting others. Which are you?

Guest 0388 likes this.
  4. Jessica Alexander

Jessica Alexander Trans woman not a mistress or Dom

Houston
    Local Time:
    Cis simply means “not transgender”. In areas of advocacy, academia, etc., there has to be language to effectively communicate without being burdensome. It’s NOT a slur in any way. It’s usually transphobic people that want to protect their vision of normal vs. freaks that get their panties in a knot over the cis label.

5. sandman9355

sandman9355 Junior Member

Local Time:
    5:49 AM
    However, much of the recent debate was about using it in everyday contexts, not in academia, medical settings etc. Nobody here advocated against using it where it conveys relevant information. What some of us do dislike is seeing it used either to create needless division or even to attack the cis-gendered, e.g. by playing a victim and making unreasonable demands.

Maybe it *used* to be at least in part the way you describe it. But today, too many acivists are so freaky and so influential that I know LGBT+ people who now hate some of their own with a passion, simply because the activist's words and deeds make *all* LGBT+ folks look a bit (or more than a bit) derranged. I know non-LGBT+ people who used to support various LGBT causes, but who now see LGBT+ activists as enemies of both common sense and functional society. And every use of a term like "cis-males" without a good reason runs the risk of increasing tensions even further. Roughly 99% of people aren't trans, and every time somebody needlessly hits them with the cis- label, their impression that the trans folks themselves see them as different deepens. How can you expect cis- folks to treat everyone equally when they keep hearing that you too think they're fundamentally different?

One could even say that, instead of this being simply about transphobes being transphobic, it is often about cis-phobes and cis-haters trying to weaponize language to support their fears and hates. Using a term that accents the differences between cis- and trans-folks in situations where such distinction doesn't help is actually harmful to both cis- and trans- people. Trans folks have to deal with things like more attention being drawn to the fact that they're different. And my experience is that we already got to a point where too many cis- folks feel they're being blamed and attacked and otherized and marginalized for nonexistent sins and they're increasingly turning against LGBT folks. I'm not surprised, because even good people will get angry when they get repeatedly attacked by folks they've tried to help.

On a side note, at least the transphobic *men* tend to not get their panties in a knot, as they tend to not own any :)

6. Jessica Alexander

Jessica Alexander Trans woman not a mistress or Dom

Houston
    Local Time:
    Some trans people are bat shit crazy and that lunacy gets broadcast by people with an agenda to paint all trans to be these idiots. Any work can be weaponized and trans people experience that 1,000x more than cis people. In this context, you can see how much more simple it is to use the term cis to denote the vast majority of society.

7. sandman9355

Local Time:
    Yes, I do understand it has its uses. And I too have to live with the consequences of me being "different", day after day. But my point here is that the overuse, abuse and weaponization of such terms that we're seeing today is leading to more and more normal folks becoming convinced that too many LGBT+ folks have lost their marbles and *are* batsh*t crazy. Talking like a cis-hater makes one look like he actually is one.

Honestly, the harsh reality is that a <5% minority kinda has to be crazy to alienate and attack the 95%+ majority in such a fashion, especially if the attacker is also morally in the wrong. And as the saying goes, while you can ignore reality, you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

8. Sussex UK Sissy Cuck

UK, Sussex
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Can you give an example of the term "cisgender" being "weaponised"? And are you asserting it should be struck from the dictionary entirely?

It's simple a word with a meaning, a meaning with zero negative connotations. As has been said, words with specific narrow meaning exist to prevent language being burdensome.

9. sandman9355

Local Time:
    I'm not even going to try to debate you, because recent debate here is ample proof the two of us see things so differently there's next to no chance we'd come to an agreement about such things. The best we can do is agree to disagree, I'm afraid.

filltee likes this.
  10. Sussex UK Sissy Cuck

UK, Sussex
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    So I take from that that you cannot think of a single example of such "weaponisation". And yet you state it as if it were fact. Perhaps The Daily Mail told you it was true? This is usually how this kind of irrational thought spreads, the unthinking adoption of third party opinion.

To echo my own argument, you will see others above post that cis is not a slur in any way. And that it is usually transphobics that object to it. And yet you continue to rally against this, fighting shadows, but never delivering any blow of reason. Tell me, are you transphobic?

And yes, we've already established that any attempt at reasoned debate is a futile activity with anyone who tries desperate methods such as to redefine dictionary terms to prop up their argument. So on the pointlessness of debate with you, we can concur.

11. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Local Time:
    whatever the cause, of their thin-skin or explantion for it those are reasons not an excuse for it ... if they are not related to me I really am not interrested, I haveno thin skinned friends because you can;t be freinds with people you have no time for.

I wonder how mch you actually know about slavery, its not really an issue for CM but you do not want to get me started on the topic. Listening to people like you a person might be inclined to think that only african people were ever slaves.

PoC what kind of a nonesensical term is that. We are all people of colour. As for the over protected and shunned N word. I doubt many know the origin or true meaning of that.

I don't actually care. I don't go out of my way to offend the undeserving and I do now and wil continue to sleep of thanks,

Their problem id they choose it be one... not mine

I am a guy who is not going overly concern myself about what less than 5% of the world population think about what I say think or do.

From the look of the comments you have made about my posts.. and me ... and those you have directed towards other people and their posts I think you just like to get on a virtual soap-box and I would think never a real one...I'm not sure the topic is particularly important to you.

If you are just lonely try discussing things with people in a more rational way.

You have completely lost the whole point of the thread so let me say this:

I do not now nor have I ever and I am certain I never will find there to be a need for me to point out to anyone that I was born male and still am. Why not .. because there is no justiable need to do so. Because I do, look , dress , talk and behave like a man.

You apparently do not so maybe thats why you call yourself a cis male .. to remind /perhaps even reassure yourself that you once were.

I'd also point out that cis is a latin word and for the majority of people that is basically now a dead language it means "on this side of" so its use in relation to 'trans' and normal folk makes little or no sense at all really.

before you type one character .. look up normal before you think to criticise my use of it

12. Sussex UK Sissy Cuck

UK, Sussex
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Hey, we're not in any disagreement here. I've called you out for the type of insensitive person that you are and you're happy to admit it. Enough said.

Ah, another lame strawman. No-one ever said only PoC were slaves. However, they overwhelmingly were in the minority, especially in recent times. And many still suffer the after affects of it (i.e. racism). And besides which, why did you introduce the topic of slavery into the debate, because I never did. Another digression to avoid addressing the points I did make.

And its kind of ironic (and highly undermining of your own argument) that you are happy to decide for yourself what terms to use for PoC, while at the same time throw your toys out of the pram at others using completely non-derogatory terms to describe you. Oh, the irony. It also reveals massively the inconsistency in your so-called reasoning ability, Dear oh dear, lol.

You don't care. Again, indicative of the type o person you are. But as we're already agreed, you're happy to be that type of person, And as for "the undeserving", how do you determine whether someone you've just met is undeserving (well, other than skin colour as your already indicated, which does make you come across as somewhat racist, as well as for other reasons already established).

I don't call myself anything. But if someone else used a term and it was accurate, I'm not going to throw my toys out of the pram, unlike you.

It's far from dead in that many of our our English words are rooted in the language. Yes, "cis" (as in cisgender) or "trans" (as in transgender)., or ("ante" as in "antenatal"), or "anthro" (as in anthropomorphic), etc. Our language is littered with them. (By all means I'll give more examples if you want).

So, WHAT is your point? (Not that you'll be able to answer that pertinent question).

Is you point that we systematically go through the entire dictionary and strike out every word with an origin of Latin? What about Greek? Are you ok with Greek words of origin? Or other origins? Or is it just Latin?

You are aware of just how ridiculous you sound, right?

As I've said, there is nothing wrong with the word "normal" other than it being used in contexts to suggest that someone is abnormal. Whereas you object to the term "cisgender" (which has no negative connotations), the word "abnormal" is often used to belittle or imply that someone is a lesser human being, something it seems you are happy to do (and indeed admit to it). Look, there's no argument here. I know the type of person that you are and you're happy to admit to it. So what's your issue?

Grrr, growl, growl. Box those shadows. Lol. How is The Daily Mail these days? (Or can't you answer that without them publishing their opinion of themselves first, lol).

13. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Local Time:
    IF you are not sissy cuck I really advise you to not bother with this post. he will he has too but he does I think get on computers too often without the supervision of a responsible adult. just look at how he seem to want to attack any guys on this thread that he can.

filltee said:

...whatever the cause, of their thin-skin or explantion for it those are reasons not an excuse for it ... if they are not related to me I really am not interrested...

sissy cuck said:
    Hey, we're not in any disagreement here. I've called you out for the type of insensitive person that you are and you're happy to admit it. Enough said.
    In response Filltee said:
    I am not sensitive by any means most of that was ..thankfully trained out of me.. which does not mean where individuals or a situations merit it that I would be insensitive to all. My personal judgement on such things is my own and not for you to know so you can't criticise what you don't understand.... opps sorry .. you apparently can.. wheat I ment was is that you should not...not that you can't... i so though doubt you can descern the difference

filltee said:

I wonder how much you actually know about slavery, its not really an issue for CM but you do not want to get me started on the topic. Listening to people like you a person might be inclined to think that only african people were ever slaves.

sissy cuck said:
    Ah, another lame strawman.
    Are you misunderstanding terms again? no surprise there
    No-one ever said only PoC were slaves. However, they overwhelmingly were in the minority, especially in recent times.
    Are you confused again... and when in your world is recent times
    And many still suffer the after affects of it (i.e. racism). And besides which, why did you introduce the topic of slavery into the debate, because I never did. Another digression to avoid addressing the points I did make.
    You introduced it

And its kind of ironic (and highly undermining of your own argument) that you are happy to decide for yourself what terms to use for PoC,
    People of Colour is a term some people like.. I don't so I don't use it.. you don't like that .. my heart bleeds for you.. it really really doesn't
    while at the same time throw your toys out of the pram wrong again. at least you are considtent not being in a pram and having no need fo toys then that is not me.. is that a sissy thing or is that just adult babies ?....at others using completely non-derogatory terms to describe you.they can use them just don't demand that I do or that I ought to accept them
    Oh, the irony. It also reveals massively the inconsistency in your so-called reasoning ability, Dear oh dear, lol.
    you really write this diatribe and then question my reasoning... all I'm questioning at the moment is did I ought to continue to provide you something to do ...albeit not very well..or should I just block you?

filltee said:
    I don't actually care. I don't go out of my way to offend the undeservingI don't actually care. I don't go out of my way to offend the undeserving

sissy cuck said:

You don't care. Again, indicative of the type o person you are. But as we're already agreed, you're happy to be that type of person, And as for "the undeserving", how do you determine whether someone you've just met is undeserving
    We all make decisions on who does and does not merit our support, sympathies, praise,encouragement etc etc whether or not someone is deserving of something or not is a personal decision... being allowed personal decisions appear to be something you disgree with

(well, other than skin colour as your already indicated, which does make you come across as somewhat racist, as well as for other reasons already established).

Not sure what your reference to skin colour here even means .. but again without knowing anything about me or of my circumstances and or relationships you believe you can call me a racist. You can not actually say that you even know what race I am or what skin colour I have. You make up your crap as it suits you as you go along

filltee said:

You apparently do not so maybe thats why you call yourself a cis male

sissy cuck said:
    I don't call myself anything. But if someone else used a term and it was accurate, I'm not going to throw my toys out of the pram, unlike you.

filltee said:

I'd also point out that cis is a latin word and for the majority of people that is basically now a dead language

It's far from dead in that many of our our English words are rooted in the language. Yes, "cis" (as in cisgender) or "trans" (as in transgender)., or ("ante" as in "antenatal"), or "anthro" (as in anthropomorphic), etc. Our language is littered with them. (By all means I'll give more examples if you want).

So, WHAT is your point? (Not that you'll be able to answer that pertinent question).

Is you point that we systematically go through the entire dictionary and strike out every word with an origin of Latin? What about Greek? Are you ok with Greek words of origin? Or other origins? Or is it just Latin?

You are aware of just how ridiculous you sound, right?
    Would you read the crap you write before you call me ridiculous

On he subject that a lot of latin words ought to be scrapped here'as one. You are aware are you not ... hand on .. probably not going on your comments to date...that derived from the Spanish word latin word for black, negro which in turn comes from latin niger, is one of the generally accepted most offensive words world wide and has been for some time ...EVEN though the word nigger which is contantly applied daily, to people that may have been previously called niggers by all, is still acceptable to those very people who get offended by its use. Take a lot of US black comedians for example. I'm not defending inappropriate use of the the word nigger I am though calling into question those that are hypocritical about it use. Many of which do not realise that it was original adopted and used widely as a derogatory term for black people.

filltee said:

before you type one character .. look up normal before you think to criticise my use of it

As I've said, there is nothing wrong with the word "normal" other than it being used in contexts to suggest that someone is abnormal. Whereas you object to the term "cisgender" (which has no negative connotations), the word "abnormal" is often used to belittle or imply that someone is a lesser human being, something it seems you are happy to do (and indeed admit to it). Look, there's no argument here. I know the type of person that you are and you're happy to admit to it. So what's your issue?

sissy cuck said:Grrr, growl, growl. Box those shadows. Lol. How is The Daily Mail these days? (Or can't you answer that without them publishing their opinion of themselves first, lol).

Why on earth would you assume I bother very much with newspapers at all. They are IMHP only full of stuff they want us to know and stuff to guide the thoughts of those that read them.... all based on enough truth to make their articles believable. Hey wy don't you try that?

I made my decision before I finished this pointless respone.
    Pointless because
    you can't educate the hard of understanding
    those that won't see you can't make see anything
    you should never enter a battle of wits with the undefended .. its bullying at best really.
    and a complete waste of time.
    you can't argue with people that make stuff up to make a point (poorly I might add)

At least you can read this and let it fuel you up to emit a deluge of even more crap ..and all in the knowledge that yor response will be as pointless as all your other comment as henceforth I will be ignoring you.

14. Sussex UK Sissy Cuck

UK, Sussex
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    #114 Sussex UK Sissy Cuck, Nov 10, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
    Well, we can ignore your rant on you being insensitive, as we both agree that you are. (So why the hell did you just type so much about it, as it adds nothing?)

Oh dear. It would appear you yourself have just revealed your lack of knowledge of terms of debate. Let's start by introducing you to the dictionary definition, shall we?

straw man. 1 : a weak or imaginary opposition (such as an argument or adversary) set up only to be easily confuted

And now let's show the quote of yours to which it applies.

The part easily confuted is that of course not only African people were slaves (you need a capital letter for African by the way). That is your strawman, because (I'll spell it out) people other than Africans have been slaves, obviously.

But beyond your poor grasp of logical fallacy, I did not mention Africans at all. Not at any point. So it seems that your attention span and/or memory and/or ability to comprehend are in question too. (Clue: "PoC" and "African" are not synonymous).

But, let's move beyond your poor grasp of the English language... :)

I can only go on what you yourself say. And clearly you do show a lack of respect for PoC. The proof being this.

It's about what PoC like, not you. Tell me, would you use the N word? No? So why do you not respect hte term that is deemed acceptable to the people to whom it refers.

Yes, I know it may be hard for people like you to keep up, but it really doesn't take that much effort to be unhurtful (then again, we've already agreed that you are insensitive).

But there comes a point where some insensitivities are in fact racist. And that's not for *you* to decide, but for those to whom it affects to decide. But hey, I'm sure you'll try scribbling a paragraph or two which will ultimately do nothing more than show how you feel you rights to say what you want take precedence over any concern for PoC. Thus further exposing your racist credential. Hey, go for it...

Lol, says the person who incorrectly corrects me for my correct use of the term "strawman". You couldn't make this stuff up.

Questioning someone's reasoning is the heart of debate. And speaking of which...you still haven't answered my question about why the hell you brought up the adoption of Latin within the English language. i mean *you* were the one that implies we should not use the term "cis" because it is Latin. What was your reasoning here? The point of my question is to help you clarify your point, which was not at all clear. I mean you *seemed* to be trying to strike the word cisgender from the English language and attacked the many occurrences of Latin within English to do so. Quite bizarre really. More than a little over-reactionary, lol. If you'd had a reasoned point to make, you'd have answered my question, using it positively to help make better a point that you made badly. If, in fact, you had a reasoned point to make in the first place, which seems doubtful given that you objected to the question.

Whether you wish to block me or not is up to you, I guess if you cannot debate or reason with any expertise, it's always a last resort :).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice