Solution for Keeping Emergency Key on Person

Discussion in 'Chastity device discussions and reviews' started by kdubb, Nov 18, 2010.

1. kdubb

kdubb Member

Local Time:
    1:08 PM
    I recently asked one of my locked boys about the issue of carrying an emergency key on his person at all times. I brought up the scenario that if he was in a car crash and the paramedics needed to get his stainless steel chastity cage off of his genitals in order to administer treatment. We discussed it for a while and I came up with the idea of placing the key inside a pill box that attached to a keychain like this:

[​IMG]
    These aluminum canisters are designed to carry extra medication with you at all times, but I thought of using it as a container to store the emergency key to a chastity cage. I found one at Walmart for less than $3.00. I bought it thinking that it was a small investment for my experiment. The key for any standard luggage padlock will fit in this canister with no problem. I was thinking that the screw-on cap could be soldered closed, but upon some quick online research, I discovered that you cannot solder aluminum as the soldering wand gets too hot and will melt the aluminum. Some further online research brought up the idea of super glue. I put a few drops on the threads of the cap and screwed it shut. After the super glue had time to try/cure, I tried to unscrew the cap--no luck. I used a screwdriver in the key ring hole of the cap and a pair of vice grips around the barrel for leverage. It wouldn't budge. I then took the vice grips and locked them on the cap and hammered the shit out of the barrel. All it did was crush the barrel. Finally, I was able to drill a hole through the barrel. As you can see from this picture, there is no quick and easy way into this container. [​IMG] My final conclusion is that this is a very simple and cheap solution for your locked boy to keep an emergency key on his person for true emergencies. Using my solution, there is no way into this container without evidence of tampering. The key will always be close by, but not easily accessible. The keyholder can demand regular photographic proof that the canister has not been tampered with. The only way into this thing is with a drill or a hack saw. I just thought I'd share my findings for those of you looking for a cheap but effective solution to a common problem.

2. Leiothrix

Leiothrix Junior Member

Local Time:
    6:08 AM
    I think if you hit the superglue with the soldering iron/hot air it would soften enough to open. The old glue could then be cleaned off, key used, then glued shut again.

I don't have a better idea though.

3. mikecb

mikecb Long term member

Local Time:
    4:08 PM
    Umm, carrying it on his person at all times is pretty useless unless he also carries tools to destroy the canister. If you're going the route that requires hand tools, why not just have him buy a pair of bolt cutters? A replacement lock is probably cheaper than one of those canisters.

mikecb

4. imkink4u

imkink4u Member

Local Time:
    This is an idea. Other than the larger lockbox I carry. Pocket size. And not too pricey.
    http://www.amazon.com/Security-001859-AccessPoint-Stor--Locking/dp/B000GTOUG0/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1290104601&sr=8-6
    Or this for 4 digit security
    http://www.mfssupply.com/s.nl/it.A/id.497/.f?sc=13&category=3265

5. Queen V's sub

Queen V's sub Mistress Valerie's bitch

Local Time:
    2:08 PM
    The pill box key fob is a good idea but if it is truely needed in an emergency shouldn't it be easy to get into. The need of tools makes it kind of pointless to me. Still if you were to use this maybe drilling a hole into the side and the lid would allow you to place a tag such as the plastic tags used in place of a lock. The holes would need to be far enough apart to make the tag snug so they MUST be broken to get at the key. This I think solves all problems, easy access in an emergency and evidence if tampered with.

6. glupe

glupe Ex member

USA
    Local Time:
    9:08 PM
    I accidentally found out that mine will break if I bend it too much. Bad news, cheap metal, good news, don't need an emergency key.

7. KathleenGurl

KathleenGurl Junior Member

Local Time:
    2:08 PM
  8. Mark121

Mark121 Nobody of consequence

Local Time:
    Another suggestion: put a numbered, tamper-evident label over the keyhole of lock, and carry the key in your wallet.

9. severin

severin property

Local Time:
    10:08 PM
    Don´t worry. Paramedics, police and fire fighters are used to cutting chains, handcuffs etc off people. So if in real emergency they will fix it easily.

10. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Sheffield. South Yorkshire UK
    Local Time:
    Its an emergency, and therefore not to be taken lightly, cut the lock or cut the pin. Both are replaceable and spares can be kept for such circumstances.

11. Kali

Kali No access to my Member

Local Time:
    Why not just use a coin envelope; they are wallet-sized sealable envelopes that you could simply put the key in and have your KH sign across the flap. Simple, inexpensive, and easy to utilize.

12. lockednloaded

lockednloaded Senior Member

Local Time:
    I think Mark's got the simplest solution. ;)

Get some tamper evident labels and stick the key in between them, that way it's obvious if the "emergency" key ahs been prised out.

We have a spare key in the house, but it's in a sealed envelope that my Wife has written all over and signed across the seal, so there's absolutely no way I could get that without her knowing.

Mark's got some pictures of the labels in his profile (I hope you don't mind me linking to them Mark).

http://www.chastitymansion.com/forum/index.php?/user/13512-mark121/

13. Paulette the Tart

Paulette the Tart Male maid

Retired
    Chilterns, UK and Pyrénées, France
    Local Time:
    I carry my key on my everyday key-ring so that the belt can be removed in any emergency and the numbered tamper-evident seals I use cannot be removed without damage, even by warming with a hair drier (which does allow some types to be removed and replaced). They also make even the simplest lock proof against picking.

[​IMG]

Details of the seals I use are in one of the threads on improved lock security.

14. Paulette the Tart

Paulette the Tart Male maid

Retired
    Chilterns, UK and Pyrénées, France
    Local Time:
    The thread is called "Improved padlock security" and here is a quote with the relevant link to the numbered tamper-evident seals:-

15. Mistress Watchful

Mistress Watchful Dont believe the hype ;oP

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice