Rights versus Priviledges

Discussion in 'Female led relationships' started by Guest 3729, May 31, 2019.

Random Thread
  1. Guest 3729

Guest 3729 Long term member

Local Time:
    1:54 AM
    Rights versus privileges

This thread was inspired by @MsTara original post “I no longer let my husband see me naked”

I was surprised by the back and forth debate from some of the members here in regards to the concept of one not letting their husband see them naked. This really got me thinking as to how my mindset and what I think is a right or a privilege has changed in the last 4 years.

So let me start off by saying that before chastity I wouldn’t think twice about groping my wife in private. Coming up behind her and grabbing her from behind. It was always kind of a shock to her when I did that and she put up with it and never truly enjoyed attention like that. The only time she welcomes it is if we’re being intimate with each other and she allows me that kind of aggressiveness with her because in that moment she wants it. PIV is kind of the same thing in that regard, thinking back on the 15 years my Wonder Woman and I have been together we have had a lot of sex and much of it PIV. I know for a fact that there were numerous times when she probably didn’t really want me in there but for one reason or another she’d let me have my way and I never thought twice about it.

Now that I’m in chastity my O’s come mostly in the form of hand jobs and the occasion lucky bj. PIV is probably the least allowed method now for me to have an O. It’s not that she doesn’t like PIV it’s just not her preferred form of love making.

So does that mean I should be upset because we are married and agreed to give ourselves to each other that I have a right to see her naked or a right to PIV? No way! If you love her then you will respect her wishes and it becomes more of a gift when she does allow piv or you get to see her fully naked. Also we all entered chastity with the understanding that SHE is in charge, SHE makes the rules. Our goddesses don’t come up with these games, rules and ideas to hurt us or to drive a wedge in our relationships. They come up with these ideas to make our lives and relationships more interesting and we become closer to them with a new found respect for their authority and their methods. Making something you got to see for years (her naked) and took the view for granted, now it’s something only allowed for special occasions and you get more excited because now it’s a gift and not something you thought you were entitled too.

For a while my wife would hide her body away from me and not allow me to touch her when we were in bed together. That was mostly earlier on when starting chastity once she got more comfortable exhibiting her control over me. I’m sure she did it for the same reasons as @MsTara and the result was/is me being more respectful to her as not only my mistress but also taking away the male entitlement that unfortunately has accompanied marriage for a long time.

So you can argue about what’s appropriate in a marriage or a long term relationship but you have to ask yourself if what your wanting is your Right or your Privilege. We all engaged in these FLR and/or chastity relationships for a reason and the most common result is a much stronger bond with our partners. So let’s trust that in most cases our goddesses know what’s best for us whether we agree with it or not.

Aubrie, Toro33, GoddessG and 6 others like this.
  2. SubSnuggler

SubSnuggler Owned by Mistress2and4you

USA
    Local Time:
    2:54 AM
    My wife loves chastity BECAUSE it makes me grope her more.

The real thing to be discussed as a couple is, are you each comfortable around each other? Do you enjoy each other's touch? How can we make it better?

Intimacy is magical and we should all be exploring ways to make it more frequent and enjoyable. I don't see it having anything to do with gender or chastity or relationship style.

3. Guest 3729

Local Time:
    But that’s my point, she is giving you the privilege of groping her because that’s what she wants. If she wants you to do that than it’s fine because it’s her choice but no one should feel it’s their right to touch their partner like that without her permission.

4. PouchPantyLover

PouchPantyLover Long term member

Hawaii
    Local Time:
    9:54 PM
    Does anyone have a right when it comes to another person? I mean I can have the expectation that I get to see my wife's body because we are married, but that doesn't mean I have the right. It's her body. If she chooses to not let me see it, that is her choice. If I can't live with that choice I can choose to leave the relationship. I can't demand viewing as my right.

5. Nicoftime

Nicoftime The suspense is terrible...I hope it lasts

Railroad
    South of Lacrosse Wisconsin
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    The days of a husband having the “right” to objectify, harass, force, demand anything from a their wife are over. It was a product of a different time, when women weren’t viewed as equals.

That isn’t how western society operates, but that doesn’t mean that each individual doesn’t have expectations about their relationship. Marriage is a contract. As with any contract, verbal agreements set precedent, and one person not following it may result in the dissolution of the agreement. Basically it’s “hey that’s not what we agreed to!”.

For example, if a couple had sex every day, was into kinky stuff, enjoyed being nude while courting, they talked about it, and both agreed that this was perfect and expected it to continue in their marriage...and then one of them decided that once every few months was enough and all the other stuff was gone, one of them has every right to be upset. That person has no “right” to make the other do anything, but would be understandably upset about the other not fulfilling their end of the agreement.

Chastity and all this FLR stuff I’m sure had quite a few wives thinking “hey, this isn’t what we agreed to” but when told this is what the husband wanted or he wouldn’t be happy, she had every right to be upset. What she compromised on is up to her. Accept it, be upset but stay, or leave. Same would be for a wife choosing to ban nudity. He can accept it, get upset but stay, or leave. Not really any different than any other disagreement between partners.

Being in a FLR really has nothing to do with it, besides the odds of leaving are lower since being told what to do is kinda your thing.

6. Unlucky

Unlucky Long term member

Local Time:
    12:54 AM
    I'm not sure anyone is saying that their intent is to destroy the relationship, but if someone is selfish and thinks of only what they want rather than what is best for the relationship, they CAN do that.

If a woman denies a man long term, he tries to find outlets for his sexual urges, and she further shuts those down, is she doing what is best for the relationship or has she decided she wants to completely end the sexual part of it and is trying to force her partner to become as asexual as she wants to be?

7. Peaches

Peaches "kinky guy"

Business owner
    South Carolina
    Local Time:
    3:54 AM
    My wife is not a fan of groping. It's hard to hold back when I see her naked but out of respect I hold back. She actually prefers piv. So it's been tough getting her to follow through with keeping me locked after she gets an orgasm.

That's what's great about all this. There is no one definition of what you should or shouldn't do. Bottom line. Do what you're KH wants to do and enjoy.

PouchPantyLover and Guest 3729 like this.
  8. Guest 3729

Local Time:
    Your wife not wanting you to grope her therefore she temporarily bans you from seeing her nude so you learn a lesson about respect but she’s still being playful about it is completely different from someone suffering emotional, hormonal or other complications making her asexual. Is it positive for the relationship if the man is constantly pawing at his asexual wife for sex and then getting upset with her until she gives in to something that doesn’t make her feel good about herself? We all engage in relationships and are drawn to our partners for different reasons. If my wife lost all of her sexual desires I would not leave her because of that, I love her for many reasons, it would be difficult but we would try to make things work. I would do what I could to help fix the situation or make the best of it. If people are truly unhappy they will leave each other in search for someone else.

Wonder Woman on occasion will take a similar approach with me on occasion when she wants to feel my desperation for her. It’s fun for her to know I’m lusting for her but she denies me even more to make me that much crazier. It’s not my favorite thing I’m not gonna lie but she makes it worth while in the end for me when she rocks my world. To see her glow from the power she holds is also special for me.

This is one of those scenarios where you have to trust your partner. Everyone has the right to stay with or leave their partner if they choose but no one has the right to demand anything sexual from their partner just because it was an expectation. Now add chastity to the equation and you’ve agreed to give her all the control. So as they say... shit or get off the pot :)

MadamBelle and John like this.
  9. Maid Denise

Maid Denise Maid for my Goddess

Retired
    New Port Richey, FL
    Local Time:
    WOW! As they say. You hit the nail on the head . I know I could not have written anything like your post. You are so correct . It is all about respecting are wife's or KH and there wishes.

Guest 3729 likes this.
  10. Guest 3729

Local Time:
    Agreed, nobody has that right but sometimes I think some guys feel more entitled to such things just because they're married or in a serious relationship. Those expectations aren’t outrageous by any means but when someone believes they “deserve” to see their partner naked or “deserve” to be able to touch her in personal ways when sometimes it makes her feel uncomfortable, regardless of their relationship status it’s disrespectful.

johnjames55 and Maid Denise like this.
  11. PouchPantyLover

Hawaii
    Local Time:
    That's a fine line to walk. I think some burden is on the person that doesn't like the behavior. For example a man might think his wife likes the attention. If she simply accepts it without protest how is he to know better. Like most things it comes down to communication. For me I can be very playful. My wife is quite good at letting me know when my playfulness is pissing her off. I'm not talking sexual, just behavioral. If she just smiled and accepted it I wouldn't have the knowledge of boundaries that I do now.

12. Achedlock17

Achedlock17 Long term member

Local Time:
    8:54 AM
    Thanks for starting a new thread. I agree with the summary just quoted as a default “orientation” within a given FLR but would add to it, as per my posts in the thread that inspired this one, that we males should remember that we can change our minds and act on our new view whilst still being consistent with the philosophy of FLR. It all depends on the quality of the leader. Nothing in FLR requires acquiescence in matters of the quality of leadership,

Guest 3729 likes this.
  13. Slave to Wife

Slave to Wife Nobody Important

Her bitch
    Bloomington, Minnesota
    Local Time:
    You asked on another thread for me to share my view here.
    I agree that we are all different. I would say I was wary of just letting anyone own me, because once I am owned, I am really owned. My sexual orientation means me being owned. It's not like I have a choice in life to just be vanilla heterosexual.
    So here goes the depth of that ... I could come home to my wife banging four guys at once after spending all of our savings on cocaine, and I would still be her slave. She could commit amoral crimes, I would still be hers. Pretty much the only way I would stop being her bitch is if the power exchange stops. If she stops control, then there would be conversations to save the relationship before any real end.
    OK, to be sure, my wife never has had a traffic ticket and would never do such extremes. She is an angel. But I believe without reservation that she knows what's best for us. And you see why I was careful in picking an owner. I could really be abused and just accept it.

GoddessG and johnjames55 like this.
  14. Achedlock17

Local Time:
    Thanks for your very interesting post. Your wife must be wonderful, to deserve such adoration. I am fascinated by the kind of relationship you describe.
    My only follow up point concerns your comment “I could really be abused and just accept it”. From what you say, the only determinant of what would be real abuse in your relationship would have to be the opinion of a 3rd party.

Now (please do not feel in any way obliged to answer what follows, and forgive the impertinence if it offends you or your wife): If your wife knows what’s best for you, would she permit you now to put on the record that you always have the option of asking for the opinion of 3rd parties in the future if you ever become worried about this question, bearing in mind that if that situation ever arose, gaslighting could be part of the abuse, so a record now could be useful.
    Or would she take this suggestion as a sign of grave disloyalty?

15. LesterBallard

LesterBallard Long term member

Management
    United Kingdom
    Local Time:
    An interesting thread with lots of different but complementary perspectives.

As someone said, the idea of "rights" is questionable in this day and age. Mutually agreed positions ease the way to a smooth relationship

Guest 3729 likes this.
  16. mcfeely

mcfeely Long term member

Medic
    Local Time:
    Does the conversation change if you substitute "loving touch" for the word "grope" and mutually expected/implied behavior for rights?

17. Guest 3729

Local Time:
    The question isn’t “should males be allowed to their partners”. Of course! That’s what a big part of intimacy is all about. The question is “how do you respond when your wife or girlfriend doesn’t want to be touched?”. Do you continue to harass her or do you obey her wishes?

18. sandman9355

sandman9355 Junior Member

Local Time:
    9:54 AM
    I would say that one should certainly try to avoid overstepping the boundary between showing one's interest and harassment.

However, while we could now spend some time debating how to deal with situations where his idea of where that boundary is differs from hers, I want to talk about something more fundamental.

Sure, a man has no right to his wife. But it goes the other way too. A wife has no right to her husband. Either *both* partners consider the relationship satisfactory enough, or the relationship falls apart. So how do you respond to a wife cutting you off, so to speak? If I'm allowed to simlify a bit, I would say you ask yourself: is this a relationship I want to stay in? And you keep asking yourself the same question again and again, as the time goes by, because a week of denial is not the same as a month or a year. And once you find yourself answering "no", you either convince her to change her behavior, or stay in a broken relationship, or leave.

johnjames55 likes this.
  19. Slave to Wife

Slave to Wife Nobody Important

Her bitch
    Bloomington, Minnesota
    Local Time:
    I don't think gaslighting would ever be or become an issue. Perhaps if I belonged to an abuser. And we communicate really well. So there's no need for third parties. I mean, she and I also are best friends. We actually hang out and do stuff together. She's not above, like, getting me a beer from the fridge.

But when I was younger and seeking a partner, I knew the depths of my slave desire. There are limits. No matter how dominant a woman would be, I could never involve children or eat shit or be made to commit crimes.

But as for locking me up in a cage at night, keeping me in no-release chastity, verbally degrading me, cuckolding me, beating me severely daily into deep subspace and forcing me to work all day, turn over my paycheck and assets, and be publicly humiliated, I probably could be taken into such extreme depths. But in my marriage, that's not how we roll, so it's only hypothetical. I just have always known female power turns me on and can blind my judgment.

I am sure there are male slaves living in some deeply trustful situations that would appear to be abuse by others.

GoddessG likes this.
  20. Miss Amandas boy

Miss Amandas boy Submissive to Mistress Amanda

Shropshire
    Local Time:
    That is a very good point. Sometimes as a punishment, Miss Amanda will forbid me to touch her or see her naked. This is another reminder of how much I need her. It is never for very long, and it is very effective.

Guest 3729 likes this.
  21. johnjames55

johnjames55 Long term member

Property and Finance
    Suffolk, Ipswich
    Local Time:
    This is a good question and having been there I can say for me when I offer myself TPE and CNC (Total Power Exchange and Consensual Non Consent) I mean it and may ask to be released in the extreme but if denied will stay and obey her, I find emotional abuse far harder than physical abuse.

22. PouchPantyLover

Hawaii
    Local Time:
    Most of this topic has focused on non-consensual touching of male on female in a relationship and rights vs. expectations. I want to turn this around for a minute based on this excellent question. In our FLR relationship I have certain expectations regarding my wife and her role. I am not claiming a right to them, I just have expectations. Mainly they focus on her demanding and expecting my service (sexual and nonsexual) and punishing a failure to meet expectations. When she gets to a point where she just stops caring whether I perform or not, demands and expects nothing and doesn't care to enforce anything that I lose my way. So she isn't cutting off my touching, but she is cutting off her L in our FLR. At that point I unlock and we abandon our FLR roles and go back to our loving and respectful parity we had for a decade and a half before discovering chastity. Hardly a terrible thing. However, just as I have no right to her fulfilling her role, she has no right to expect me to fulfill mine. I still maintain that no human has a right to another. We can willingly give up our rights, but that is a choice we make as submisives. The gift of submission is a profound, trusting and beautiful gift to a dominant. The idea that we are actually slaves against our will is an illusion.

Guest 3729 likes this.
  23. Achedlock17

Local Time:
    Once again thanks for your reply. I’m glad we are in hypothetical territory. As you say (effectively), each to their own. Who is a 3rd party to judge? Well, since you have indulged me this far (thanks!) I’ll call on your spirit of enquiry and ask you to consider what if hypothetically the female leader in one of the “we are happy, thanks” relationships you mention at the end of your post per the quote above and who knows her man does not wish to commit crimes designated “suffering Tuesdays” as a concept? The idea being that the male’s intense suffering at the female’s hands on any future Tuesday (eg being made to commit crimes as a test of loyalty) won’t matter at all, whereas on any other day of the week in the future she respects his wish not to be made to commit crimes.

Would not a 3rd party then have an “objective” argument that something was amiss in this hypothetical relationship? Tuesday crimes would have no justification if crime was agreed to be off limits on the other 6 days of the week?

In fact if he is rational wouldn’t the male be able to dispense with the need for a 3rd party view in this hypothetical scenario even if he is keen on FLR in general and especially this particular female leader? Crime ridden Tuesdays would be abusive Tuesdays, caused by bad female leadership; everyone could agree on that, and (to the theme of this thread) he would have a right to change his mind about loyalty to that particular female leader?

*Acknowledgement* I have adapted this from an idea about the definition of rationality by the philosopher Derek Parfit.

24. Guest 3729

Local Time:
    If your partner wants to deny you long term and you have agreed to a chastity or FLR relationship you have given her that privilege whether you like it or not. Your partner can deny you as long as she likes but Its up to those two people however they want to live their lives out. At any point any one of us can choose to go a different direction for whatever reason. If my partner didn’t want any intimacy with me I would want to know why and what I could do to fix things. If there was nothing I could do to fix that part of our relationship and if sex as well as intimacy was that important to me I would have some serious considerations about my next move in life.

The intention of this thread wasn’t to discuss what we think makes a proper relationships, I agree with you on the fundamentals. My intention was to talk more about what we take for granted and what we think we’re entitled too. We all have expectations going into relationships, then when your with that person if you want to stay with them either you or they or both people adjust expectations to conform for a more seamless relationship. Now throw chastity into the mix and yours and her expectations change once again.

Ultimately I was just trying to say that no one should be whining about their wife not allowing them to see her naked especially living a chastity lifestyle. The punishment was devised to make her husband obey her wishes and respect her body, that’s all nothing sinister or relationship ruining about that.

25. sandman9355

sandman9355 Junior Member

Local Time:
    9:54 AM
    Of course one shouldn't actually whine in such a situation, that's... undignified. But I have to disagree about the possibility of this behavior damaging a relationship.

Fantasies aside, vast majority of husbands are not real slaves, not even in kinky couples. Their feelings and desires do matter. One can't *make* a husband obey, even this kind of play is a form of *convincing* him to obey. And a not insignificant fraction of the chaste male population are men who do desire some level of physical intimacy even when locked, and who do suffer if they feel undesirable.

It is easy to misjudge the point where a husband will stop considering the wife's behavior a part of chastity play, and will see it as a proof of her no longer finding him desirable. In fact it is quite likely there'll be no single point where the balance tilts from play into feeling no longer loved, instead the husband will feel growing doubts about his wife's love and desire for him.

And with that in mind, I do think a long-term play of this sort is kind of risky.

Miss Amandas boy likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice