Religious discussion (continued from “Christianity and Chastity”)

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by Muppet, Feb 5, 2024.

1. Muppet

Muppet Long term member

Local Time:
    8:14 PM
    Thought I would open a thread here as some people rightly observed that the discussion in the original thread barely touched on chastity!

2. Tom Allen

Tom Allen Member

Southern New England
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    3:14 PM
    Ironic, in so many ways, isn't it?

3. Muppet

Muppet Long term member

Local Time:
    Yup. But I’d be interested to read your own list of perceived ironies…

4. Lazlo Toth

Lazlo Toth C/D on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale: 9/9

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    12:14 PM
    YES! I hope this thread can stay on topic: Chastity AND Christianity. Let's not get into the apologetics questions. I humbly suggest that the topic presumes God exists and we need not spend time in that way.

I genuinely want to know how chastity and Christianity mix.

Slutty Susan likes this.
  5. Muppet

Muppet Long term member

Local Time:
    No no no no no!
    You got it wrong way round, I meant: let’s divert the general Christian apologetics and squabbling between atheists and theists to here, so the original thread (which is in the chastity forum) can refocus on the intersection of chastity and Christianity.

6. JaySaysYes

JaySaysYes I identify as someone that is always right

Local Time:
    It's the perfect mix of two fantasies; One where you're the child of a supernatural being who watches over you, offers you women and other things you want, and the other where you are nothing but scum on the boot of your female owner who likes nothing more than fucking you in the ass with a god sized dildo while she gets fucked by some people who work at the BBC.

Both chastity and christianity are like an all you can eat buffet. You gorge yourself of some things from the buffet and leave others you don't fancy. e.g. You can be locked in chastity and not dress as a woman, and you can be a christian but also support genocidal regimes and practices.

7. Muppet

Muppet Long term member

Local Time:
    That’s uncanny, you’ve got me down to a T

8. Lazlo Toth

Lazlo Toth C/D on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale: 9/9

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    12:14 PM
    You are right. I should have read more carefully. But I fully support your idea: Provide for separate strings.

9. LesterBallard

LesterBallard Long term member

Management
    United Kingdom
    Local Time:
    Good luck with this thread

10. atxmtb

atxmtb Long term member

Local Time:
    2:14 PM
    Yeah, let me jump in. And try to stay on topic too. There's just so much, and it is all interrelated. Since this is a Chastity forum though, I'm usually in a chastity mood when visiting. So at least my first post in the thread will related to chastity. What does chastity have to do with religion? A lot. There's two reasons I lock up my cock. One, it's kind of hot, a little kinky. Two, sacrifice. And that's sacrifice in the name of religion/God. That almost seems at odds. Kink and God. Not, though, when everything can be attributed to God. Putting it in this context allows us to explore our kinks in a more righteous manner. For instance, I have kinks that would most definitely be destructive. Destructive with my relationship with my wife, and my relationship with God. And it's the relationship with God that frankly is more powerful. Like, I may try to talk my wife into some stuff if it were not for the fact that I understand them to be destructive to our relationship with God. This is easier to understand if you look at the two major things I've done with respect to chastity: controlling masturbation through a device locked on my cock and minimizing the frequency of ejaculation. Both of those things involved initially a written testament between my wife, myself, and God. The locking of my cock, i.e. chastity, included service to my wife and God. It included an exploration of the Bible. It included self-respect (weight, health) with being a temple of God. And it involved the respect of my orgasm as something to share, not waste. In the "other" discussion, there was a sub-thread on whether chastity is a kink or not. Sure, but it's not only a kink. There could probably be a whole thread dedicated to kinks, what makes something a kink, and why we like them so. A simple description of why we like them is that they are out of the box. And the part about chastity that is "out of the box" is that it is an offering of an important part of my body. And in the case of my wife and I, my offering was to God and her. Both she and God were called on to help and to keep it righteous.

Four months later, the second big step was orgasm control, aka semen retention. I'd call it "denial', but no one is denying me anything. Once again, we are talking about an offering, And once again, it's an offering to God and her. This is actually a bit more difficult to call a kink. Although sexual in nature, there is no sexual upside. The upside is of a spiritual nature. And as with the original chastity, this too involved a testament. This is more difficult and more powerful. Chastity was more physical. Retention, more spiritual. It's a conscious sacrifice. Much in the same way that Catholics sacrifice something during Lent, I offered up my orgasms to God. I'd say I offered them up to my wife too, but honestly, she wants me to have them. Or at least wanted me to. That's changed over time. It's changed because, with sacrifice, there is often a reward. The reward, in this case, is noticeably greater connectedness. The sacrifice revealed the destructive nature of orgasms for me. That was an awakening for both of us. It's not a welcome revelation, because my orgasm has been my friend. They still happen though, just much less frequently.

Neither of these would have happened without it's religious, aka. God component. As I say that, I asked myself why. It's because God is the driver. Take God out, and this would not be going on for months. God is what keeps us on the path, and keeps it good. In the "other" thread, there were a lot of religious topics. "Does God Exist", "Chastity and Christianity". "Is Christ God". Those are all interesting and provoking questions but I don't know if it's necessary to have answers. Primarily because we will never find proof. What we find is comfort in certain explanations and beliefs, but never true answers. Lack of those answers is no reason to be paralyzed. The offerings and sacrifices I spoke about are every bit as valid with or without answers. Although I was brought up Christian (Catholic), and identify today as Christian, I bet I'm more an "Omnist". I believe there's some truth to most all religions. I don't believe there's only one path that we must follow. This causes consternation from people, particularly Christians. "How can you call yourself a Christian, yet believe that acceptance of Christ as God is not necessary"? That's where the discussion on the last thread went to. It brings me to some lyrics of one of my favorite Wade Bowen songs:

I've found a few answers
    I've still got questions
    Kept it together and fallen apart

West Texas Rain - YouTube

I encourage you to listen to the song. If you understand the song, you'll understand me.

Well I've been a lover
    I've been a father
    I've been a brother
    And I've been a son

Well I've been a preacher
    I've been a sinner
    If you can name it
    I've probably been one

I'm strong for the struggle
    Constantly reaching
    Reaching for something that I've never done

It may not be a church hymn, but this song wakens my soul. It asks the same questions that I search for answers from with religion. I'd say it also captures why I'm on this journey.

Muppet likes this.
  11. IB-Chaste

IB-Chaste Chastity Superman.

Local Time:
    Success!
    You probably haven’t checked but no one is squabbling on that other thread now. There’s a wealth of posts regarding user’s experiences balancing their love of Christianity and Chastity….

Muppet likes this.
  12. Muppet

Muppet Long term member

Local Time:
    Hahahaha
    It’s like Sesame Street versus The Muppet Show: people watched Sesame St and said “if only it was all muppets and less counting and letters!”. But then The Muppet Show came along and we all said “ugh, too much muppets in one go”.

littleguy3 likes this.
  13. Muppet

Muppet Long term member

Local Time:
    As regards this thing about “proof” and “having the answers”, my point is that proof is irrelevant, and neither you nor I has to “have the answers”. The answers are already there, provided by Church Tradition, which is the fullness of revelation given to the Apostles at Pentecost, fleshed out in response to various heresies by the Œcumenical Councils of the undivided Church in the first millennium and passed on without need of change, innovation or reform across generations to the present day. We should take these dogmas on faith and submit our will to the wisdom handed down to us. If we disagree, it is we who are wrong.
    Of course, we DO have to figure how these unchanging truths apply to particular present circumstances, but that’s a matter for shared and prayerful reflection, not individual whim.

littleguy3 likes this.
  14. JaySaysYes

Local Time:
    Stuff like that makes me want to cut out half my brain just so I can be a christian.

When I read the quran one of the things that struck me was the repetition of "this is the word of god, and the word of god cannot be questioned".

Does your version of god have similarly dictatorial edicts?

15. Muppet

Muppet Long term member

Local Time:
    #15 Muppet, Feb 6, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2024
    Yup. Read the Book of Job. Job wonders why stuff has happened to him, and if it’s fair. God basically says “I made all the stuff”, then lists some of the stuff. He seems especially pleased with the crocodile, from what I remember. Then He says to Job “what stuff did you make?” That shuts Job up.

Personally I’d advise against DIY brain surgery.

Oh and btw, “our” God is the same God the Muslims have. Mohammed (peace be upon him) nicked a bunch of Jewish and Christian ideas and shuffled them to make a worse book. But what I will say for Muslims is they do seem to actually believe and practice their religion, unlike most of us Christians. And I really like the way they always greet one another with a blessing and shout about how brilliant God is from a really high tower early in the morning. Lots of my neighbours are Muslims and they’re cool people.

16. JaySaysYes

Local Time:
    Clearly job was an oxygen theif that needed to get a fucking job. Not only lazy but delusional, poor guy. Bad partenting is likely the cause. I hope it wasn't a genetic disorder.

17. Muppet

Muppet Long term member

Local Time:
    That’s not true at all. He was a highly successful and respected farmer. So of course when God asked what he’d made he COULD have said “cheese” - but it would have sounded incredibly lame compared with “the whole universe including the crocodile”.

18. Muppet

Muppet Long term member

Local Time:
    Oh and what’s “partenting”?
    See what I did there? I won by picking up on a typo! Hahahaha atheism is wrong.

19. JaySaysYes

Local Time:
    Aparently not to the creature that controls the universe and slips from person to person like the demon in the movie Fallen.

20. JaySaysYes

Local Time:
    haha, you think I'm an atheist, haha

21. Muppet

Muppet Long term member

Local Time:
    Wrong again. He was God’s favourite entrepreneur, which is why Satan chose him as the experimental subject in their debate about whether people really love God or are just in it for the material rewards.
    You really should read the book, it’s great!

22. Muppet

Muppet Long term member

Local Time:
    I’ll get you yet, you pesky poker!
    *shakes fist*

23. Muppet

Muppet Long term member

Local Time:
    I’m watching it now. Great cast!

JaySaysYes likes this.
  24. Muppet

Muppet Long term member

Local Time:
    I enjoyed that film. Thanks for the recommendation.

JaySaysYes likes this.
  25. Muppet

Muppet Long term member

Local Time:
    The word “righteous” is interesting. Potentially it’s a stumbling block because it today nearly always comes in the package “self-righteous”, which is a fault. And Christianity teaches that “there is none righteous, no, not one”… So what might this word mean that is helpful? I’m pondering and reading up on this….

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice