Getting started

Discussion in 'Female led relationships' started by hopefulhubby, Aug 27, 2022.

Random Thread
  1. hopefulhubby

hopefulhubby Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
    7:26 PM
    I have been trying for about 2 years now. I am now at the point where if I work hard at being attentive and emotionally engaged with her for about 6 months she *might* be in the mood for intimacy. It's tough going because the feedback loop is so long.

There's no chance I can serve her naked and caged. Anything that makes her feel like I'm initiating sex instantly turns her off and makes her a little angry. I hope in time this will change. The foot rub is non-sexual to her. If I try to go further, like say, further up her legs she shuts down completely and the mood turns sour. I am also not allowed to look at her naked. So yes, she has put up walls. Really big ones.

Rectrix likes this.
  2. captivatedbyher

captivatedbyher romantic want to be

Farmer
    Northern NY
    Local Time:
    2:26 PM
    If you can't say amen you better say ouch! I'm forced to say ouch, hopefullhubby, your not the only one with work to do.

3. hopefulhubby

UK
    Local Time:
    No, it doesn't sound rude at all. I don't really know about her past because as I've mentioned we don't talk about stuff like that. However I do get the feeling she was more adventurous before she met me but she was also hurt a lot. I'm the only guy she's been with that she felt comfortable having kids with but that seems at the expense of passion. I'm a quiet, shy, introverted type of person. I'd be pretty adventurous if she took the lead though but it's really difficult for me to suggest stuff as I always fuck it up. I had a talk to her once a couple of years ago about me wanting sex and she got quite upset and angry that I even asked. She is definitely not a girl who will do "duty sex" which is why we've been in a sexless marriage for several years.

Also I'm quite inexperienced with relationships - I had my first girlfriend at about age 20 and then married my next girlfriend until we divorced just before my current marriage. So I expect you are right that we match each other's energy. I've not really got the skills under my belt to up my game in that department.

4. IB-Chaste

IB-Chaste Chastity Superman.

Local Time:
    Ok, I tried looking up this saying but I’m worried I may have caused offence… I hope not as that was not the intention.

5. hopefulhubby

UK
    Local Time:
    No, you didn't offend me :)

6. true42

true42 Owned member

Local Time:
    I am going to suggest that some marriage counseling is required at this point.

Madam Darling, Rectrix and littleguy3 like this.
  7. Rectrix

Rectrix Long term member

US East Coast
    Local Time:
    Hopeful, you need to ask yourself what you mean by "intimacy." Do you mean sex? Something physical? Or do you mean it the way women think of it, as being emotionally connected and vulnerable? Almost every woman alive wants the latter, and men are socialized to avoid it, to be the "strong silent type" and to not show vulnerability. Give them that and the touching and the physical follows. I'm blown away by the line from @captivatedbyher -- the physical intimacy "will come back when you release her from emotional chastity."

8. hopefulhubby

UK
    Local Time:
    I mean anything physical. She gives me the occasional hug but that's it.

She's not the type to be emotional - 90% of the time she thinks and acts like a man and is very direct sometimes to the extent of shocking me. It's one of the things that attracted me to her and has led me to think an FLR is right for us. She never does the cold shoulder routine leaving me to guess what's on her mind. She just tells me straight.

I don't really know what "vulnerable" means (part of the problem I guess). To me it means weakness and she is far stronger and thick-skinned than me. I've never seen her vulnerable in that sense and I don't think she would ever want to be. If anything I'm the one who is more emotional and vulnerable.

I guess I just have to work out what she wants.

Rectrix likes this.
  9. captivatedbyher

captivatedbyher romantic want to be

Farmer
    Northern NY
    Local Time:
    Maybe she had some walls built for her protection before you even met her? I think I know the type you describe, hard outer shell, but your wife is still a woman, probably a hurting woman. She has been hurting so long she and you thinks it's who she is.

What kind of childhood did she have? I wonder if some understanding of why she is this way might be due to her relationship with her dad?

Most men have to learn what it means. For me it was risking my emotions, an example of this would be when I have taken her on a date and told her in depth how I'm feeling. I risked being told "that's the stupidest thing I ever heard!". It is a risk. Perhaps for you it might be asking her to go to a professional counselor together? It could mean courting her, just asking her to spend time with you is being vulnerable.

Don't give up! I tip my hat to you for the effort you have put in. I'm no expert just a humbled man who almost wrecked his marriage and am still, after many years, still working hard to help my wife tear down walls she built for her own protection.

littleguy3, hopefulhubby and Rectrix like this.
  10. hopefulhubby

UK
    Local Time:
    Firstly I want to say thanks for all the positive support. I'm humbled by the all the responses and advice.

A brief update: I was making idle conversation with my wife this evening and I got round to asking her if I was ok for for her and if I needed to improve in any way. She told me I was doing more than ok and I was a wonderful husband. I nearly blushed! After a pause she said "What about me? Am I doing ok for you?" For a split second I thought about saying I needed more physical expressions of her love if not asking for sex outright but the higher part of my brain reasoned this would cause her hurt so I replied she was amazing for me. Then I tried to get the my original thought over by saying how fit and sexy she looked and that I still found her extremely attractive which elicited a big grin from her. I think small steps like this are progress, well I hope so anyway.

11. Queens kept

Queens kept Long term member

Machinist
    Minneapolis, MN
    Local Time:
    1:26 PM
    Again, IMHO i think the article is fantastic and was very wise to show it to Her. It will take time of course. You two didn't get to this point in 2 days, 2weeks, 2 months, or even 2 years! Am i right? So, it will take a while for a new way of thinking/living to occur. my Queen is still surprising me often with "new things". Things She says, does, and new thought processes still happen, but it can be slow at times. That is part of the journey...i guess. Sounds very positive about the foot rubs! i often do my Wife's feet as She is on them a lot during the day and i know She really does appreciate it (see my pics for a photo of me kneeling before my Queen while doing Her feet). i am proud to be an obedient husband and i bet you are too! You are on the right track, keep doing your best and it will be beneficial for your marriage. You'll see!!

hopefulhubby likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice