Freedom of speech in the forum.....again.

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by Mascara^Snake, Nov 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mascara^Snake

Mascara^Snake Banned

Scotland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    1:38 PM

"Your post in the thread Behind Barz Introduction was deleted. Reason: Mod hat on. Hi Amanda, I've deleted your comment and those that followed. Please - do not continue to comment in this way on any thread of Behind Bars, or Slave-Stroppy"

11:21 AM

Above is a copy of the message I was sent via my "notifications" today.
    It was sent anonymously and there is no explanation for it.

Discuss please....

2. Mascara^Snake

Mascara^Snake Banned

Scotland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    How the darker forces always seem to have so much more influence.

3. slave_m

slave_m Long term member

slave
    Santiago - Chile
    Local Time:
    9:38 AM
    RIDICULOUS AND ABSURD.
    IS ABUSE OF POWER !!

4. spider203

spider203 Long term member

Local Time:
    I could agree with you if I knew the reasons you tuck that action. I think a more detailed reason why you tuck that action would be helpful.
    yours in the mansion spider203

5. scottishsubby

scottishsubby Chasing ghosts...

Professional
    Scotland, Glasgow
    Local Time:
    Without knowing what was said it's impossible to form an opinion on this incident.

That said, short of outright abuse, I struggle to see why any post would or should be deleted. It does seem rather heavy handed.... perhaps a somewhat lighter touch from moderation wouldn't go amiss?

S.

6. Mascara^Snake

Mascara^Snake Banned

Scotland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Basically, I critiqued behindbarz products because I think they look a bit clunky and unergonomic. I mentioned it before once and was suspended as a moderator. I'm sorry but I do think they look a bit clunky and angular. That's my honest opinion.

7. SubVerity

SubVerity Still the mansion's fairy godmother. ;)

London
    Local Time:
    Hi all - my apologies, but there is age old history between Slave Stroppy and Miss Amanda, and time worn history of her posting negative stuff on threads about the Beyond Bars belt.

She made a comment - negative in intent - on a thread serving as Beyond Bar's intro post solely with a view to wind up Slave-Stroppy, and this she did quite successfully as she must have known she would. Slave Stroppy responded, and it quickly become these two members bickering, just like old times. Now this is not fair on anyone's intro thread, and unfair in my view on ANYones thread. As far as I'm concerned there was only one victim here - and that was Beyond-Bars. As such I called the thread to order, and then with agreement of Beyond Bars I deleted everything upto the post that started the wind up - Amanda's.

My first post on the thread was along the lines of

"This will stop here - thank you"

But then I had to go to work, and decided that deleting the bickering and the cause of it was better than leaving it for a day and an evening.
    So I deleted about 7 posts.

Not to censor anyone - but to keep the peace.
    I did leave a reason for deletion - but Amanda is correct that I forgot to leave my name on it, I'd assumed that would happen automatically.

My apologies to all for the upset, but it would be nice if Beyond Bars could have a thread one-day without anyone choosing to get a rise and a wind-up out of anyone else and mods having to step in.

Thanks for your understanding

RGL likes this.
  8. Mistress B

Mistress B Mistress B

Business Owner
    United Kingdom
    Local Time:
    I do hope that pointing out one's opinion on a product isn't taboo on the Mansion. One could think that Behind Barz had shares in the Mansion. :)

9. SubVerity

London
    Local Time:
    In the usual run of things no - but this was not just that. It's almost the same comment as she used on 'another' thread earlier this year about the same product.
    You might start to wonder if someone had a phobia of this particular brand of belts.

10. Nicoftime

Nicoftime The suspense is terrible...I hope it lasts

Railroad
    South of Lacrosse Wisconsin
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    7:38 AM
    I'm certainly glad I didn't respond to that thread. The person who was giving his review of the belt went through the steps to put it on...sounded like the steps for deactivating a warhead.

I thought it was pretty cool that a local merchant went out of his way to cater to a special need. I did look at his product however, and I too thought it was a bit bulky for everyday wear, or removal.

I thought moderators were to keep spam, ads, internet hookers out, and leave people actually interested in the subject and site alone. I've never been bothered and I don't even have an opinion on whether someone "deserved" to be punished for their actions or not. Isn't this a bit of a stretch to the general purpose of a site moderator?

It is a site moderator and not a member moderator correct? I'm not being a smart ass, I am not tech savvy or know the actual work involved with being one. Heck I still don't know what hashtag means.

I do know that people have opinions and not everyone will like everyone's. Sorry it just stings of a politically correct "be nice or else" attitude. Did you know people can actually get a ticket now for calling someone a name? My brother has a neighbor that was warned by him a dozen times to control her dog...finally after attacking his dog more viscous than usual he called her a cunt. She pressed charges of assault.

Guess I'm just ranting but thought the function of a site moderator was to keep the site free from people trying to take advantage, bots, spam etc. Do the moderators really need to be the argument enders, voices or reason, or even be involved in conversations at all as an authoritative figure?

11. frankie teardrop

frankie teardrop Long term member

Service Industry
    Oz
    Local Time:
    The word 'criticism' has, unfortunately and undeservedly, taken on negative connotations over the years. Criticism in its purest sense is rarely meant to be negative. Indeed, its main purpose was to highlight areas where improvements could be made to make the product, whatever it might be, even better than it perhaps already is. Unfortunately there is now a tendency to take criticism the 'wrong' way, to regard it as a personal insult - a put-down - or as a rubbishing of the product itself. Often nothing could be further from the truth. When you think about it, without some form of critical analysis (even if you can be objective enough to self-critique your own product) things don't improve much. It's often one person's opinion, although usually that person has a high degree of interest and knowledge in the subject. There's nothing scary about it and it can just as easily be interpreted as being incredibly helpful.

I got good at what I do because I took on board the criticisms (and early on there was an avalanche of them) from the experts who were teaching me. If I'd made a determined decision to be insulted and offended I think progress would have been far slower.

And if everything is perfect already then by definition criticisms can have no effect whatsoever, positive or negative. There is literally nothing to get upset about.

12. SubVerity

London
    Local Time:
    The argument between these two is as old as the hills though, and the 'criticism' was not really criticism of the product as much as one asking the other for a fight.

Standard actual and real criticism is fine, but when it's a member speaking just for a wind up as this was (again) then it is not fine.

If people want to fight on the internet, take it to the Facebook or someplace. It isn't cool, or clever or productive, and it only creates divisions as people end up taking sides. For that reason mods here will generally seek to reduce fighting. Of course, it doesn't always work, as some are really very committed to a fight.

13. TitaniumChastiTi

TitaniumChastiTi Custom Bespoke Manufacturer

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Its becoming quite clear on here, and I have been here since 2008 that there is conflict between certain, Members, Moderators, Ex Moderators and even the Admin himself, I was advised that Ms Amanda, was in the process of been banned last night, has that occurred ? Having had the "Terms and Conditions" quoted to me last night by the Admin of membership here as with most things in life "I should have been more careful in what I wished for" Good bye all.

14. richard

richard Just me

Local Time:
    All we are doing is trying to stop the fights. Critiques are good but sometimes the comments are beyond critique and are personal attacks.

We cannot allow personal attacks in the forums and I doubt any of you would want to be subjected to it yourselves.

Freedom of speech does not equal freedom to cyber bully in my opinion.

spider203 and SubVerity like this.
  15. TitaniumChastiTi

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I had a chuckle at this, for a Forum of this nature, and having had the "Terms & Conditions" quoted to me in a PM last night by the Admin, I advise all who post on here, and like me in the distant past or like any piece of software we install simply "Tick" that box to go back and read those terms & conditions. The last ones I saw like this were in Mein Kamf.

16. SubVerity

London
    Local Time:
    #16 SubVerity, Nov 17, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
    Really? As far as I can tell they're the same as on any forum anywhere, that's how forums operate. Show me a forum that allows it's members to cut swathes of empty posts and broken threads through it when members decide to leave and I'll eat my words. If you were ever looking for a forum to join would you join the ones that had great chunks missing from threads? I don't think you would.

17. TitaniumChastiTi

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    That wasnt what I was referring to actually @SubVerity but as that is exactly what happened in that post you appear to have nullified your post and there are a mass of Forums where this occurs if you take the time to look but that's not what I was aiming at, my post was to advise people who post Here not other forums to simply read the Terms & Conditions, if they can actually find them Here having had them quoted to me by the Admin last night.

18. SubVerity

London
    Local Time:
    Not quite the same thing, but I see where you're going with it. I agree with you though, it's always good to read the Ts and Cs.

19. TitaniumChastiTi

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Perhaps, a link to them with a sticky in the Foyer would be helpfull and a reminder to those who have signed up to something they probably did in haste and 99.9% will never have read in the first place, they do read very much some thing taken from a Dictatorship.

20. Dumb1

Dumb1 senior member

trade
    UK
    Local Time:
    Well once again it seems a hornets nest has been stirred up over a simple request to prevent an escalation of another members posts. I suppose i had gotten used to avoiding making any comments and replies to a certain members posts for a while as there has been certain confrontations between us in the past but when this latest post was added to the behindbarz introduction page i felt that our personal dislike for each other should not have an impact on their post and asked a Moderator to prevent it from going further and spoiling someone elses thread, it was not as has been blown out of proportion a freedom of speech issue! just someones attempt to get a thread back to its original purpose. I am not connected in any way to BehindBarz i merely approached the owner a couple of years back and made a suggestion that he might be able to come up with a chastity belt using his numerous skills and helped in the eventual chosen design that is all, i post pictures as and when i have them of me wearing the belt as like a lot of other members here and on other sites we like the belts and have actually taken the time to seek them out and actually try them on unlike some folk who in fairness choose not to and i agree that is their choice. I am quite happy to remove the albums and pictures etc if it might cause issues to arise that would impact on the success of BehindBarz due to a silly and misguided feud between this member and myself all i wanted to do was prevent collateral damage from occurring to someones future business. Personal preference is great we all choose to like or dislike both objects and others however i still feel this personal reflection was not actually done in the correct place. To the moderator i involved i apologise for causing this outcry against you.

maid_carrie and richard like this.
  21. SubVerity

London
    Local Time:
    Well I'm sorry too, I like Amanda.

Back to the T's and Cs - they're never fun reading are they? Always look utterly like corporate gibberish. Ever used an Adobe product? *shudders*

22. TitaniumChastiTi

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    They are, but I think its in everyone's interest to know just what a totalitarian set of Ts & Cs they have accepted !!, anyway besides that its very sad to see that out of all this, and bearing in mind the posts are no longer there its very sad to have been advised by Ms Amanda that she has been removed from the Forum. My final words, Good bye.

23. Jens

Jens CO-Owner of CM
    Owner of Chastity Mansion Administrator Moderator

Art director, film producer
    Denmark
    Local Time:
    2:38 PM
    Well, You know as well as I do that This is not the first time that Amanda trickers a fight over this. As I have stated elsewhere - I have no problems with concern or critic - but honestly, why keep going at it, and why never back down from adding more and comments that will lead to the inevitable result, that hell brakes loose? Why would she never learn...?

24. steviepie

steviepie inferior and unworthy male

Manager
    the States
    Local Time:
    8:38 AM
    Ms Amanda is one of the most original thinkers and tolerant women I know on or off the mansion.

Any curtailment of her thought leadership is a dis-service to this community.

Also - as males - I think it wise that we should always listen carefully and try to learn when we don't understand something rather than lashing out and being disrespectful.

I say this in general terms and with no actual knowledge of this incident and mean no disrespect to anyone on this board.

To be fair, I'll now go see what BehindBarz has in my size :)

Obedience and love my friends......and patience.

25. thundar

thundar Member

Professional
    East Coast
    Local Time:
    8:38 AM
    We all know the answer, that's Amanda

SubVerity, frankie teardrop and Jens like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice