Freedom of speech in the forum.....again.

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by Mascara^Snake, Nov 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SubVerity

SubVerity Still the mansion's fairy godmother. ;)

London
    Local Time:
    9:33 AM
    Cmon guys - be civil, or be nothing.

More of that kind of language and this thread will be locked.

2. Thatguyontheinternet

Thatguyontheinternet Owned by Thatgirl

Florida
    Local Time:
    4:33 AM
    Holy crapola! as my grandmother would say. So much acrimony. So much inside baseball. There's a ton of members of this forum, yet the seemingly non-stop back and forth between a handful commands so much attention. A few weeks ago me and Thatgirl commented that the environment seemed somehow... different. We haven't been around long. Maybe a year. But I don't remember all this friction back then. All I know is that it's lame, boring, and honestly a bummer. When I pop open the laptop after dark to stop by and read some funny, or arousing stories whilst sitting here with my love, or to share some of my own (which is what I plan to do tonight) and am instead confronted with what are clearly the rubble of old battles, I wonder, wtf is the point? and close the computer. In that case the forum loses whatever content I may have planned to add, and anyone who has already contributed positively loses an audience member.

Everyone gets testy here and there when something triggers them. God knows I've done it. Calling people out can be satisfying. But it can't be all you're about. Thus, I think it only fair that if a member's primary role is to rabble-rouse and confront others, that they be asked to move along. The occasional testy post from a member who otherwise contributes positively is normal. It's part of human discourse. But when that member fails to balance their occasionally sharp (and sharp witted in my case!) criticisms with honest, open, and kind interaction, then they're no longer really a member of the community. There's a word the internet has for what they've become... Troll.

(Disclaimer: I am making NO judgment in this particular case - I haven't been here long enough to know the background at all. I just know that the recent, far to frequent, bitching back and forth among mods, between mods and members, and every other combo, along with the constant proclamations of "Im mad so I'm taking my marbles and going home!" is seriously not good for the health of the forum. So if a heavier hand with those who pull this shit will help, then I'm all for it).

Jasmic68, Dumb1 and SubVerity like this.
  3. richard

richard Just me

Local Time:
    What a nasty man you are proving to be.

4. frankie teardrop

frankie teardrop Long term member

Service Industry
    Oz
    Local Time:
    Well, that's a sad situation. I'm probably fighting a losing battle but the prospect of losing has never stopped me in the past if I believe in what I'm doing. I do want to support Ms. Amanda and respectfully ask that people who don't want her here reconsider their stance. Please.

I've had quite a few lengthy conversations with her throughout the year and she has never badmouthed anybody to me. Not once. I think she would probably regard it as talking derisively behind their backs. On the other hand, I'm now reading quite a few less than complimentary comments about her ... kind of behind her back. She's not here to defend herself. The phrase 'coming out of the woodwork' springs to mind.

I can't believe the CM site can't accommodate an intelligent articulate outspoken woman, it makes no sense to me. I thought supporting and encouraging strong women and embracing their feminine power was what male chastity was all about. I can't have got it that wrong!

I also support Jens and the Moderators, they do a wonderful job and we're all very fortunate to have the site, but please don't go the way of the rest of the world and become completely homogenised to the point where any view left of centre sends shockwaves through the corridors. Make room for a woman who can keep everybody on their toes even if it is occasionally uncomfortable.

seasoned likes this.
  5. TitaniumChastiTi

TitaniumChastiTi Custom Bespoke Manufacturer

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Yet again from a Moderator

RGL likes this.
  6. richard

richard Just me

Local Time:
    I am the mod that had to pick up the pieces after you cyber-bullied 2 new members off the site over avatars.

So my comment is justified.

Wendygirl likes this.
  7. TitaniumChastiTi

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    cyber-bullied, you must have led a very sheltered life ?? Im merely advised them in a polite way that there avatars were not appropriate, perhaps some thing you should have done !!!

8. richard

richard Just me

Local Time:
    Polite!? - they left the site never to return.
    I have advised many to do so and they are still members.

Wendygirl likes this.
  9. TitaniumChastiTi

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    And perhaps you should heed the advise of one of your colleagues

10. TitaniumChastiTi

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Wrong again one has posted only this morning

11. Mistress Jules

Mistress Jules Professional Dominatrix and Owner of Lockit
    Staff Member Administrator Verified Female

Company Director and Professional Dominatrix
    Scotland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Oh wow, that is such a great way of dealing with such a thing, I think Mrs Silk is my new favourite person :)

sissy_maid_melody likes this.
  12. maid_carrie

Staff Member Moderator

Local Time:
    Sadly she passed away some years ago now - I suspect @sissy_maid_melody can give you the exact date ;)
    Wonderful lady. :)

RGL likes this.
  13. Kate Medova

Kate Medova (not really)

Professional / Semi-retired
    Local Time:
    This.

My experience too. She did say to me that there was some 'history' on this site. She never once mentioned a name nor did she badmouth anyone to me. I obviously don't know the whole history nor have I read every thread but I get the feeling that she was open and upfront and honest. Sometimes brutally - but not maliciously.

I shall certainly miss her contribution to this site.

Ganymede likes this.
  14. Dumb1

Dumb1 senior member

trade
    UK
    Local Time:
    Look this is getting silly again the administrator has made a decision and the rest of us have moved on and hopefully things can and will get back to what this site was always about and it wont be constantly side tracked by constant power struggles and tit for tat actions, As for someone who has continually kept telling everyone and his dog that "thats it i am off" we all know who i mean? surprise surprise you coninue in popping your head in to carry on the argument! if you plan on leaving for gods sake show some actual balls and leave! dont just keep threatening to do it "DO IT" you are just making yourself look silly. The site doesnt need any single member that much indeed it would probably benefit from losing a few especially the ones who are constantly running against the flow of the sites "OWNER" remember him? if i felt as strongly as those who keep badmouthing him and his decision i would leave and hold my head high for making a choice but in this instance i think he was correct in what he chose to do having tried all other ways to get the problem resolved. Sometimes in life there is no easy fix and the only answer is to amputate the offending limb. Get over it or move on elsewhere and see how long it is before you fall out with that particular sites decisions as well.

Joroincharge and maid_carrie like this.
  15. Kate Medova

Kate Medova (not really)

Professional / Semi-retired
    Local Time:
    @slave stroppy

We are moving on. But we can state our views and opinions. Also I am not questioning the decision of the owner. I don't know enough of the background to do so and do not wish to know. I am aware you may not just be referring to my post.

It doesn't cause any harm for some of us to state how we found Ms Amanda and it will hopefully help provide a more balanced view.

16. seasoned

seasoned Long term member

retired
    Provence
    Local Time:
    10:33 AM
    Ms Amanda once posted this in reference to me:"...who might use entirely unrelated threads to make defamatory remarks,alienate,ostracise or seek to ignite conflict with people they don't even know." It's strong language and amusingly relevant to this thread,but I'm here to defend Amanda(after all, I probably deserved the reproach) and I'll be sorry to see her go.

However I think Jens is doing a great job running CM and I reluctantly accept his decision.

17. sissy_maid_melody

sissy_maid_melody Active member

Local Time:
    Yup, sadly she died 2nd March, 2006. What's really annoying about her legacy is that the site she founded has never acknowledged her passing. So they regurgitate photo-shopped 20 to 30 year old pictures as new material. Unsuspecting newbies get taken in and profess undying admiration, little realising that even if she was still alive she would be approaching 80.

Ok, so this is now bang off topic but it's far less toxic than some of the posts.

richard, RGL, Dumb1 and 1 other person like this.
  18. Wendygirl

Wendygirl To offer advice and keep CM safe and welcoming

gardener
    London
    Local Time:
    Lol
    Let's derail this topic completely .
    Who was this lovely old lady Mrs Silk ?

Xx Wendy

RGL and Dumb1 like this.
  19. sissy_maid_melody

Local Time:
    RGL and Dumb1 like this.
  20. sissy_maid_melody

Local Time:
    I can't believe you never heard of Mrs Silk. An absolute pioneer in catering to sissy / chastity / maid proclivities. Mad as a box of frogs, some very strange companions but it got her a house with an indoor swimming pool :cool: Which often featured in her photo shoots if you go looking.

21. Astarte

Astarte Active member

natural sciences
    Germany
    Local Time:
    10:33 AM
    In my opinion the thread title is more than just somewhat ironic as most of the trouble could be seen as a result of too much freedom granted by the sites owner.

On boards where those rules are enforced right from the beginning in a very strict way there would never be a discussion like this. You could argue that those boards might seem somewhat less personal, but on the other hand it would be everydays business if someone who broke rules repeatedly and got several warnings including a timeout got banned.

On the other hand there are boards like this where rules are (were) enforced in a less strict way. It feels more cosy, but obviously people tend to forget that they still have to play by the rules - at least to a certain degree. If if finally someone took it so far that there is no other way to enforce the rules the war of the buttons starts. People getting excited about how unfair those enforcing the rules are....

I think some people should come to realize that a website / board is no democracy. Of course it's in admins best interest to stay in contact with the community and react to it at least to some degree. But everyone should understand that's him alone making and enforcing the rules according to his agenda without any need of discussion.

Sorry to say, but from my point of view this thread as well as others regarding Mascara_Snakes behaviour, TIs penis avatar, etc. are just ridiculous.

MfG Astarte

22. frankie teardrop

Service Industry
    Oz
    Local Time:
    Where was all this vitriol when she was around to answer back?

Yes, I know she could bite your head off in an instant but at least she gave her victims the courtesy of a response.

I repeat, in all the private conversations I had with her she never had a bad word to say about anybody.

I don't find defending somebody I like 'ridiculous'. Especially when she is not around to defend herself in her own unique and inimitable style. And 'style' is what Ms. Amanda has in abundance.

Ganymede likes this.
  23. Dumb1

Dumb1 senior member

trade
    UK
    Local Time:
    Styles come and Styles go! Thankfully this one has!

24. frankie teardrop

Service Industry
    Oz
    Local Time:
    No, real style (not the fashion kind) is timeless. It stays with you forever. Check it out.

Ganymede likes this.
  25. Nicoftime

Nicoftime The suspense is terrible...I hope it lasts

Railroad
    South of Lacrosse Wisconsin
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    3:33 AM
    I dare say, if she wanted to be around here, it would not take a great deal of effort to register under a new name and a fresh start. I did that all be it for different reasons.

If she did, I am sure friends would recognize her, and some of the history and baggage of the past may fade.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice