Do You Show Interest In Things Your Mistress Enjoys?

Discussion in 'Female led relationships' started by Mistress Jules, Sep 9, 2017.

Random Thread
  1. Mistress Jules

Mistress Jules Professional Dominatrix and Owner of Lockit
    Staff Member Administrator Verified Female

Company Director and Professional Dominatrix
    Scotland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    8:58 AM
    Have you found that you have become interested in something because it is something that pleases your Mistress? Or has it just been a chore that you have put up with because you had to?

I ask this because I watched all the new Dr Who episodes with my daughter as she was growing up. We are not exactly what you would call Whovians but almost. Due to the fact we use Dr Who quotes quite often in daily conversations there are some who have not watched the program who just don’t get what we are talking about. @lockit is one of these.

There is a thought that the next time he is up here I sit him down with a box set and we make a night of it. Footrubs, popcorn etc. Not sure if this would be classed as a punishment as he has no interest or something that he should do to please his Mistress. What do you think?

2. tomf_22033

tomf_22033 Long term member

VA USA
    Local Time:
    3:58 AM
    I'm currently single. But yes I tend to enjoy things my partner enjoys. Not because I'd normally choose them, but more because they bring us closer. Now that doesn't mean everything they like or do, I'm thrilled about, but I have many interests and am pretty easy going so I can usually find many common things.

Mistress Jules likes this.
  3. SubVerity

SubVerity Still the mansion's fairy godmother. ;)

London
    Local Time:
    Wonderful has maybe 3 things she enjoys that I join in with.

One of them is south east (and north east) asian food. The odder the better as far as she's concerned. If it looks like it shouldn't really be edible she's up for trying it, and will often decide we're going to one of many odd eateries in London. I'm a little more fussy about what I eat and often find it hard to even look at some of it going into her mouth as I'm a bit squeemish about beetles and things with too many legs. As food products anyway. So accompanying her and even suggesting new places would I think count here.

Another is ceramics. She got into hand-building at home some years ago and goes with a chum to ceramics fairs in various parts of the country. I now occasionally buy small pieces of ceramic art from upcoming artists separately to these trips, so there are these pleasant surprises for her as and when.

Lastly I would mention going for walks. I enjoy them too of course, but given an amazing location and a weekend I'd rather ride a bike through it, while she would rather walk.
    I've very much been unable to walk for the past 5 years due to an arthritic hip, but this was replaced with a bionic one 6 months ago and I spend quite a bit of time improving my strength with a view to walking with her in places I would otherwise want to cycle. I'm taking her to Shropshire's Long Mynd next weekend for instance. True we're cycling there along Wenlock Edge from Telford, but once there it'll be a walking weekend. She's done a huge amount for me in those 5 years (and not done) so I really want to be able to take her to some amazing places on foot - camping out at the top of hills in remote places, and I'm building up to being able to do this next year.

4. SubVerity

SubVerity Still the mansion's fairy godmother. ;)

London
    Local Time:
    As for making Lockit sit through an evening of Doctor Who, some might consider this a strange and unusual punishment.There are doubtless European laws against it and I'm sure it's covered by the Human Rights Act.. You should do it. :)

5. Anonoman

Anonoman Long term member

Local Time:
    We're married so I/we have to at least pretend to share some interests ;)
    Dr Who is good general entertainment so it's not going to too much of punishment unless he really hates all si-fi!

6. Jamie's-Locked

Jamie's-Locked Long term member

Memphis TN
    Local Time:
    2:58 AM
    When it comes to TV/Movies it's hit or miss with me. I introduced Ms. K/H to Dr. Who back when Tom Baker was the Doctor, so that's not a problem. I do have to admit that, while I'll supply her with movies and TV shows that she can stream, I'm not always there to watch them with her. Crocheting is something she can't really share but she does a lot lately.
    You do have to take into consideration that we've been married for 38 years which means we want to be together enough to compromise when it counts. I have and will help her when I can in whatever she wants to do. Too bad her being wheelchair bound prevents her from cuckolding me now. :mad:;)

7. jemima

jemima maid for my Mistress

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
    I likes doc who so it wud not be a punishment for me but Mistress does has thingys on the TV that I get bored with a bit. they usual are one with folks doing a lot of talking about stuff. I do like watching the new Doctor Foster one with her tho and She likes it and I doea as well.

8. Nicoftime

Nicoftime The suspense is terrible...I hope it lasts

Railroad
    South of Lacrosse Wisconsin
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I watched sweet home Alabama...the horror...the horror!

9. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Sheffield. South Yorkshire UK
    Local Time:
    It rather depends on understanding the dynamic of their relationship when you are invited to comment or make a suggestion if you want to do so from an informed perspective.

In the past both my partners and myself have had our own outside the scene/lifestyle TTTWD interests as well as shared ones.

I do think it important to have some awareness of your partners interests and hopefully they will reciprocate. Then at least you have extra topics of conversation ..life is not all chastity play ... and of course some knowledge is a potential source of useful information when looking for appropriate gifts .... and useful for helping you notice appropriate gifts when you are not looking for one.

10. Nicoftime

Nicoftime The suspense is terrible...I hope it lasts

Railroad
    South of Lacrosse Wisconsin
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Seriously though, we have enough shared interests that we don't need to necessarily do everything together. Like everything I guess it's compromise.

I am pretty good at darts, at the pub she might ask me to play. That's for me, there isn't a doubt about the outcome and I doubt she likes getting beat. She knows I enjoy playing and makes the attempt. I will watch a crappy movie, knowing I'm going to hate it because she will fall asleep with movies I pick. We go out on my boat and normally while drinking a few beers I would wet a line. She doesn't care to watch me fish, so we will pull up to a sand bar and relax and have a swim.

It's funny, our first date getting to know each other I thought she was stalking me or something. She liked the same sports teams and liked literature....she was even familiar with and could understand Shakespeare....I was like "get the f$&k out of here, have you been spying on me?"

But as much as I like discussing literature with her(except moby dick, she thought it was too boring to finish), and having someone to watch and root for my favorite team with, most our everyday life revolves around compromise.

Certain things I hate and just won't budge on, I'm sure she has some too.
    1. I won't go on a hike. I could never understand walking away from transportation just to turn around and walk back...every step toward your destination is also a step away from your car!

2. A parade...I just hate parades

3. A funeral or wake that I don't know the person at all. Minus her family.

Other than that we both enjoy each other's company to give a little on the activity.

11. PouchPantyLover

PouchPantyLover Long term member

Hawaii
    Local Time:
    9:58 PM
    It's funny you mention a TV show as punishment. My wife likes those horrid reality shows. At my weekly punishment two weeks ago she made me watch one for 15 minutes while getting spanked intermittently. It was this show about wedding dresses. The whole damn show was about different brides to be trying to pick out their wedding dresses. They have episodes and episodes of this. The spanking was easier to take than the show. I couldn't imagine having to watch hours of that.

I have warmed up to watching tennis with her. Couldn't stand it when we first started dating. She also loves the funny home video show. I don't care for it, but I love to watch her laugh so I've become a sometimes fan. So yes, I've embraced some change, but not the reality shows. A whole night of that would be worse than icy hot on the scrotum. Not that I've done that, but at least it would be over sooner. :confused:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice