Covid-19 and Life

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by Hubby&Missy, Jan 30, 2021.

1. true42

true42 Owned member

Local Time:
    1:12 PM
    Strange guesses; I guess you're just going with the odds on those, but you'd probably be wrong. But any wealth I might have doesn't make me any better than anyone else, just as any lack of wealth doesn't make me any worse. And whether I were conservative or not would similarly make no difference to my intelligence, realism, etc.

While it's hard to believe these days, the Republican Party in the US wasn't the anti-vaxxer party until Trump. It was pro-education, pro-science (except for climate change and creationism?), pro-business, anti-book-banning, ... something odd seems to have happened a few years back.

Yeah, it was all over the news. Not exactly quiet. The "emergency" status was ended.

I've never felt that the government of the US was out to get me.

upload_2023-5-15_20-53-45.png

She may have been talking to you, judging by your profile photo? :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

2. Lazlo Toth

Lazlo Toth C/D on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale: 9/9

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    10:12 AM
    True,

You missed my point entirely. I was not referring to your worth or talents. Rather, the interest your govt. has in YOU—for good or for bad.

As long as you continue with your professed “live and let live” (from the leftist viewpoint) the govt sees you as an N95 wearing good soldier.

Please face it. You are precisely the spokesman for the narrative that they want. They will never “come after you”. True(ly) the Good Soldier.

Stay obedient. Stay in their good graces. Don’t get canceled.

You play the role well.

Wheat production is up 8%. Oceana is gaining ground in the War. And I am holding up four fingers.

Laz

3. Servus

Servus Long term member

Germany
    Local Time:
    7:12 PM
  4. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    Dianna1395 likes this.
  5. Servus

Servus Long term member

Germany
    Local Time:
    7:12 PM
    I only use them at work to desinfect my sonograph.
    At home we capitulated because of the special abilitoes of our kids to clean properly more often than twoce a month.

They could work as demolitionist in a mine. Destroyed in seconds.

Lazlo Toth likes this.
  6. Fit To Be Tied

Fit To Be Tied Long term member

Retired
    Whidbey Island, Washington
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    YOU’RE NOT SUPPOSED TO KNOW THIS

***But***

U.S. Non-Profit Hospitals (And Their CEO’s) Laughed All The Way To The Bank - Thanks To The Scamdemic

Lazlo Toth and L-u-c-y like this.
  7. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    Well, it’s about as official as it’s ever going to get.

It was a lab leak.
    The CCP covered it up
    The CCP tried to profit by it.

Forgive my harsh language, but FUCK all of the stupid sheep who defended (and still defend) the greatest crime against mankind in history. Now it is OUR turn to wish all of you rot in Hell.

From Senator Marco Rubio, an official govt. publication:

(Text on next messsage)

Fit To Be Tied and Dianna1395 like this.
  8. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    POLITICAL CHRONOLOGY OF THE SARS-COV-2 OUTBREAK IN CHINA Executive Summary
    This study draws on English and Chinese sources to examine the origins of COVID-19. It indicates that a serious biosafety incident occurred at the state-run Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV) of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) during the second half of 2019.
    BACKGROUND
    Chinese scientists have been studying coronaviruses since around 2004. The WIV is the center of this research. The WIV opened China’s first Biosafety Level 4 lab in 2017 or early 2018. A Chinese firm likely tied to the PLA built the lab using a modified French design after Beijing reneged on its agreement to let a French firm carry out the construction.
    In March 2018, the WIV and the EcoHealth Alliance requested DARPA funding to create a coronavirus clone with a furin cleavage site, an important molecular feature that is present in SARS-CoV-2 but no related viruses. DARPA declined the proposal, but that same year, the PRC approved state funding for at least two WIV research projects involving unspecified coronaviruses.
    EARLY WARNING SIGNS
    In April 2019, the deputy director of the CAS inspected the WIV and stated the need for a facilities upgrade. Throughout the year, the WIV pursued costly projects on its Biosafety Level 3 lab, hazardous waste treatment system, boiler room, ambient air disinfection treatment system, virus storage system, central air conditioning system, unspecified “security services,” and air incineration device.
    In July 2019, the CCP secretary of the WIV spoke of “current shortcomings and foundational problems in the construction, operation, and maintenance” of the lab complex, and the director of the WIV called staff to “prioritize solving the urgent problems we are currently facing.”
    GOVERNMENT COVER-UP
    On September 12, 2019, the WIV unexpectedly shut down its online virus database in the middle of the night. Six days later, the WIV advised the Wuhan airport on a drill for the outbreak of a “novel coronavirus.” On September 21, a Wuhan resident known only as Su died from what a Chinese biostatistician believes may have been COVID-19.
    In October 2019, the Chinese legislature reviewed a draft biosecurity law, noting that “currently the biosecurity situation in our country is grim” and listing “laboratories that leak biological agents” as one of several threats.
    In November 2019, the Chinese government documented several cases of COVID-19, but kept the matter hidden. CCP officials at the WIV published a report that said: “Once you have opened the stores test tubes, it is just as if having opened Pandora’s Box. These viruses come without a shadow and leave without a trace.” Seven days later, a Chinese official traveled from Beijing to the WIV to deliver

“important oral and written instructions” from Xi Jinping in response to “the complex and grave situation currently facing safety work.”
    INTERNATIONAL DECEPTION
    As early as January 2020, Chinese scientists determined that the Wuhan wet market was likely not the origin of SARS-CoV-2. This remains the official position of the Chinese CDC. Meanwhile, in February 2020, the PRC launched a campaign to strengthen biosafety at the WIV and other labs through inspections, stricter regulations, and elimination of unauthorized research. Just as Beijing was denying the possibility that COVID-19 came from a lab on the world stage, it was warning its own officials of such risks and rolling out new measures to prevent lab accidents.
    Chinese scientists affiliated with the PLA filed a patent for a COVID-19 vaccine on February 24, 2020. Their research methodology indicates they began work on the vaccine no later than November 2019, nearly two months before Beijing disclosed the existence of SARS-CoV-2.
    LAB LEAK CLUES
    Finally, it is worth noting that from December 2019 to October 2021, WIV researchers filed patents for inventions meant to address problems with the lab’s differential air pressure system, biocontainment equipment, and waste handling process. Any one of these problems could have allowed a pathogen to escape the lab complex. WIV researchers confirmed this by explaining that their inventions were designed to prevent precisely such a scenario.

9. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    Here is the documentary also published by Senator Rubio.

Fit To Be Tied likes this.
  10. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    One excerpt proving the cover-up:

(Oh where is New York Slimes boy today?)

“What else happened in 2019? Chinese scientists were working on a vaccine, with their own research methodology indicating they began working on it no later than November 2019, almost two months before the virus' existence was even disclosed by Beijing.”

11. Dianna1395

Dianna1395 Long term member

IT
    Boston, Mass
    Local Time:
    One thing to consider, if you're doing things right (and who in any organization EVER does something right? :p )
    You never make the disease before you make the cure. Not for bioweapons. You want to ensure YOUR people are immune to a disease you'll unleash to remove your enemies. So you make the cure and reverse engineer a disease from the proposed cure.

Because if you're engineering the virus, and don't have the Cure, and it gets free - you're giving away your research directions; your top creators and most knowledgeable may all be dead before you know the leak occurred; your enemies have the chance to respond; YOU may be the loser in the war you didn't even mean to start, as your people, even today, are more likely to get infected. (And the more protean, i.e. spread in any medium, fluid, air, from solid substances - the harder it is to slow or stop the bug. You could render the human race extinct by accident. Think Apocalypse, NO survivors, no zombies or anything, just rotting and infectious corpses as people die, all water sources contaminated, food contaminated, air contaminated...)

Now, even assuming the government there Effed up - and let's face it, it's government, and Project Managers everywhere, always, are ONLY interested in schedule and costs. Their bonus, emotional or monetary or status, is all that matters, and that means delivering on or under budget, on or before the schedule. So they might say, "Don't waste money on making the cure before the disease, make a disease and see how deadly it is, THEN make a cure if it's needed, or fudge one," if it's a fake plague. So they'll make a disease to please their masters, and get their bonus, and the potential devastation of a real plague escaping never gets considered. (Don't ask how many times bugs are found in Production software - but you're a Beta tester for Windows. Always. You want some fun, check your system logs - you might need to turn them ON, first - see how things ACTUALLY "work," they just handle the errors now. Worked on one web app, the error WAS the response - it was EXPECTED, they just handled the critical error by wrapping it in a "successful" HTTP 200 response. The error broke the system, and they just wrapped it, and quietly handed execution to the other node, and reset the node... WTF?! In a chemical plant, would it be "fine" if the plant blew up 10 times a year, and we just clean up, because, "It's manageable." Uhh, NO.)

Most likely, they were looking to create a "plague" at direction of the CCP, paid for by The Esteemed Elf St. Fraudci, and "leaked" as a test case - to see how it spreads. And Fauci did and will clean up from the forced introduction of mRNA technology (now going into chickens, beef, pork; proven to travel through mother's milk and through ingestion of the flesh of treated animals - Another WTF?!) - and the WHO got power, the sovereignty of USA (and everyone else) was damaged (pushed towards One World Government), and people were tested for Compliance - how will they respond to being ordered around, will they kneel? - the pharma companies cleaned up, and the mRNA is being used for tons of new things - BECAUSE IT WAS ALWAYS GENE THERAPY. It doesn't leave the body, it DOES change your DNA in liver and brain, and will change the foetus in utero! We are being blatantly engineered into a new life form! You never wondered why ALL THE GRAY ALIENS look identical? Consider what would lead to the outcome shown: You can watch it in the Stargate TV Show, the Asgardians are the Gray Aliens of legend, and they're genetically engineered clones, going extinct (you can't clone forever, but they'd lost the ability to procreate.)

But then there's Patent law. You cannot patent natural DNA. They tried to patent mother's milk, it failed. (Also why Marijuana was outlawed, BTW, and the Rastafarian religion using MJ - racial overtones there, as well. Also, the paper industry was once Big Paper, and Hemp makes better paper than wood. It's never just one thing.)
    HOWEVER, there was a Monsanto case, which IIRC, was Supreme Court. There was a farmer who had a field of corn, and Monsanto claimed patent violation, as he had "their" GMO corn growing. He claimed his farm had been cross-pollinated from surrounding farms, but that seems unlikely: the corn was like 99% a match for the Monsatan GMO corn. (I mean, Monsanto is evil, but - I can't see how you could have a 99% similarity, AND be contaminated from other farms. Random samples suggest otherwise. A Skew, maybe, likely, even; but even Student's samples would suggest that's "impossible.")
    POINT IS, it is established law that the corporations can claim patent infringement, and destroy you. That's ESTABLISHED LAW. What happens when you BECOME a GMO yourself? HOW is irrelevant; you have become a PRODUCT to be sold.... No longer a free human, now an artificial life form.

Suddenly those "Sovereign Citizen" discussions take on new meaning... But we really just need to remember the "Golden Rule": He who has the gold, makes the rules.
    Hope everyone is hedged against the Digital Dollar they're advertising on Bloomberg TV. "To keep up with the pace of the Internet..." Also, offline means you can't buy anything. And the dollars expire if not used by a certain date. And the sales can be denied per item, when the system is online.

If you haven't seen it, look up, "Enemy of the State." Contrast the story with David Brin's take on permanent, omnipresent, surveillance, FROM THE 1990s! We can be targeted as a scapegoat (Think: Innocence Project; Lynch mobs) and "removed" without any real conspiracy; just tell the Enforcers, "This bad person did something, find out what." AKA, "Show me the man, and I will show you the crime." (Russian Communist, I forget who. Not Stalin or Lenin, one of the other bigs.)

To paraphrase from Pirates of the Caribbean, "Best start believing in High Tech Dystopias - You're living in one!"

AND IT'S ALL LEGAL....

Fit To Be Tied and Lazlo Toth like this.
  12. ChasteJase

ChasteJase Long term member

Local Time:
    I’m glad we are talking about the Lab Leak because I would like to tie this to our recent conversations with @true42, especially given his jabs about us loonies not trusting the government. So here is my sincere question to @true42 and I respectfully ask for a sincere response.

Regardless of our disagreements about masks, vaccines and the handling of the pandemic, let’s just focus on the origins of Covid. To me, it was always crystal clear that the virus originated in a lab. There was a lab in Wuhan, it was performing gain of function research, the Chinese were being less than forthcoming about information, the virus started in Wuhan, there was information about the lab redoing its ventilation systems in late 2019, there was so much information to make it apparent that the virus originated in that lab.

I understand why the US government may have wanted to not point fingers and offend the Chinese (I totally disagree with it, but I at least see a motive). But why did the everyday American get so up in arms about the suggestion that this originated in a lab? Why was this ever “conspiracy theory”. Was it simply because the Orangeman and conservatives were pushing the theory and no one on the other side wanted to associate with those theories? Or was there a more logical or rational reason that I am blind to? I remember Jon Stewart making a comment about it on Steven Colbert and he got crucified by the media for his suggestion. It really seemed to be a matter of "be a good soldier and follow the party line - the virus came from natural origins!"

I really want to know this one.

[I’m hoping you don’t just respond that you always believed it came from a lab]

13. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    Diana,

Only three short years ago I would have dismissed your post (and obviously mine above it) as crazy talk and would have dismissed YOU (and me) as a crazy talk purveyor.

NOW I would view you as an HONEST journalist!

Dianna1395 and Fit To Be Tied like this.
  14. Fit To Be Tied

Retired
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    WHO WANTS TO SIGN UP - ANY VOLUNTEERS ?
    as

NIH Begins Testing of Clinical Trial of Universal Flu Vaccine Based on mRNA
    D93EF3CF-A3CA-4C8E-BBE1-4F0A9D82C8DC.jpeg

The National Institutes of Health (NIH) announced on Monday that enrollment for volunteers has begun for a Phase I clinical trial testing of universal flu vaccine based on mRNA technology.

Messenger RNA, or mRNA, is the same technology behind the widely used Covid shot from Moderna and Pfi$er.

“A clinical trial of an experimental universal influenza vaccine developed by researchers at the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases’ (NIAID) Vaccine Research Center (VRC), part of the National Institutes of Health, has begun enrolling volunteers at Duke University in Durham, North Carolina,” according to the news release.

C’mon man ... what could go wrong? It’s the government and BIG PHARMA after all. They’ve got all the answers. Calling all sheep - Calling all sheep ... and lab rats, too!

See:
    https://www.nih.gov/news-events/new...-universal-influenza-vaccine-candidate-begins

Dianna1395 and Lazlo Toth like this.
  15. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    Great find. I sent this to my oncologist buddy (who is coincidentally busier these days with a sudden increase in cancers) who hates that giy from Ascension Health.

16. Fit To Be Tied

Retired
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Johnson & Johnson Chinese Coronavirus Vaccine Becomes Unavailable in US
    One of the four Chinese Coronavirus vaccines authorized in the United States is no longer available, the nation’s public health agency says.

The Johnson & Johnson Chinese Coronavirus vaccine “is no longer available in the U.S.,” the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) stated in a recent update.

That’s due to the vaccine expiring on May 7. Health care workers were advised to dispose of any remaining doses in accordance with regulations.

The CDC and Johnson & Johnson didn’t respond to requests for comment.

Too bad the others haven’t expired as well!

See:
    https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/info-by-product/janssen/index.html

https://www.theepochtimes.com/johnson-johnson-covid-19-vaccine-becomes-unavailable-in-us_5266681.html

Dianna1395 likes this.
  17. Dianna1395

IT
    Boston, Mass
    Local Time:
    If that was to me? Sorry, I didn't consider origins at first, just had a panic attack. I'm robust, so sickness is terrifying, especially as I watch my mother decay mentally....
    Covid was the first time I was sick in like, 15 years.

But as soon as I heard about Fauci signing the check to Wuhan, I was certain it was lab created. That aligned far better than a natural origin story, black plague and Spanish flu notwithstanding.
    Black Plague was carried by rats, spread by fleas. We shouldn't have such a problem again, if we maintain sanitation (don't ask some of what I've seen, just understand there may be a reason some food tastes like shit.)
    Spanish flu was just a particularly virulent strain of flu. :shrug: Flu is, so far as we know, natural....

Though given what we've seen... I begin to wonder - has this cycle happened many times in the past, where "high tech" was discovered, then lost, over and over? Which gets into all sorts of nutty tinfoil hat stuff that I cannot Disprove, but there's little information to support - just "theories."
    Hollow Earth, for example. People make up theories to support what they see, based on what they understand. They can be idiots doing this, of course. The old Gods, like Apollo pulling the sun across the sky each day: Where does the sun go at night...? (I.E., why did people believe the earth was flat? Socrates should've been able to mostly confirm a curvature to the earth; the pyramids were created somehow, and some research suggests they might've had some form of electric light, even. But it's too big for a person to comprehend, really; the only thing that would make sense is, "God destroyed the world by flood," type of thing (which, BTW, we know from geological records: that HAPPENED. HOW it happened, IF it was God, we don't know. But the Flood, as described in the Bible or Torah, happened. So... A flood from unknown source, for unknown reason, happened. And Atlantis maybe happened, then, too? And maybe... And Maybe... Etc.)
    But like I said, too much to try and process, with too little bearing on my life. I need to focus on code, and where the money goes - conspiracy and "ancient aliens" and such is just speculation.Most of the things I've read and know come from the first 27 or so years of my life - just too much going on now, in terms of responsibilities and problems (Like the company disables our tools, and it takes a week to put it back into functional condition - and we STILL lose functionality, because "SECURITY!!!") - That must take priority, and takes days, weeks, months, to sort out. E.G., my mom went into assisted living because she's having issues. It was an independent villa. She hated the idea of the help they had, so she won't let them clean or cook for her... turns out she has dementia. May have had for decades. And now, 8 months later, she's hallucinating and cannot articulate anything, and needs full-time care... but thinks she's fine. LOTS of time there, going to see her, talking to her, dealing with (badly, at that) the emotional fallout - E.G., the phone lines disconnected the other day, couldn't keep a call going - she left a voicemail dripping with nastiness and emotional blackmail. And I realized she's done that since I was a child, so since a baby... The progression makes one wonder about life, the universe, everything...

Let me ask a question, though, for the outlandish stuff: Is Alchemy real?
    If you said No, you're WRONG. We think it's impossible, based on common knowledge... But in the atomic age? It can be done. ;-) Now, could it be done in the 1300s?
    Well, IF someone found a way - think Radium, let's say - Would we even know? Would the researcher tell us, or just make gold and stockpile it?
    For fun, let's pretend that family name was Rothschild....

Just a few minor foundational steps, and suddenly, DOZENS of things CAN BE (not ARE) true...

What if we've been lied to, same as we're seeing now, for millennia?
    And then, we get a phone call, or an email from work, or need to cook dinner for the family, and it all gets shuffled aside. ;-) No knowledge gained, no confirmation, no wisdom, just - Get back to it, more pressing things to consider. ;-)

Speaking of which, my script fucked up somewhere, somehow, again. Back to work...

18. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    Seriously, I am not a man of science training. But doesn’t something sound fishy here?

mRNA tech is supposed to be “laser focused” on “exactly” the problem that we are supposed to have. So how can there be a “universal” flu “vaccine”?

Sounds like an oxymoron to me.

More likely, it’s even more sleight of hand by pharma and govt. universal in this case probably means a bi or tri or quad-valent shot that supposedly covers a little more ground than the next expected flu bugs.

The mRNA shots couldn’t keep up with covid variants (right Slimes Boy?) hence the need for boosters.

Even the IDEA of a universal quack-cine sounds insane.

19. Dianna1395

IT
    Boston, Mass
    Local Time:
    Hmm, like the UN passing a resolution not long ago, "There is no secret cabal who mostly rules the world..."
    I sense a true Extinction Event is coming. And if my understanding is right (may not be, PRAY I'm wrong!) - this will end life as we know it, over time... A Global Reset.
    Maybe prepping for the Badlands TV show, only with megacorporations the ruling powers, and all of us "products" of the company, akin to "Incorporated," where they can essentially destroy your brain as an NDA. (Non-Discolsure Agreement.) They "erase" the brain, quite literally, though I forget how - radiation, magnetic resonance, injected toxins, whatever, irrelevant.

We will bow to Moloch, or be unable to conduct business of any sort (except in Florida, DeSantis signed a bill blocking digital currency, I believe.)

20. true42

true42 Owned member

Local Time:
    I read a fair bit. I have yet to see any information that the COVID virus that we know originated in a lab. If you read my previous responses, I plainly state that such a thing is possible, but Occam and shaving and all that tells us to not use that as an explanation.

So yes, you're being irrational. It doesn't meant you're wrong; it just means you're being irrational. You're neither the first nor the last to be afflicted with that malady.

It's simply about rational thought. It's irrational to make up complicated explanations for things, when there are simple and obvious explanations that already exist. Don't blame politics for Occam's razor. This really isn't that complicated, and while there is a great deal of opposition to the previous president, which probably does irrationally color many people's view of COVID, it is still possible to look at this topic without a political lens.

And I have a really hard time believing that anyone with any political stripes would avoid blaming China for this if that opportunity existed. Even relatively stupid people (Rubio for example) clearly understand that concept.

21. Dianna1395

IT
    Boston, Mass
    Local Time:
    This is literally the plot of Deus Ex Game of the Year edition, where you come to find out, it's an artificial virus (biomechancial). There's no vaccine, just a nanotech "off switch" medication, for the machines inside the Wealthy... And they could make the "cure" for pennies, it's just a power grab and wealth transfer.

I'm not convinced of much anymore. (Except that my code doesn't work... )

22. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    Breathtaking arrogance! And ALL criticism, no answers. You make the weakest argument of all: “We can’t be certain, so mask up and be reasonable.”

Worthless empty rhetoric. And you fool only the already foolish.

23. ChasteJase

ChasteJase Long term member

Local Time:
    Wow. I really wasn't expecting an answer like that. Because you like to reference Occam a lot, I thought I would Google Occam and Covid origin. I found this article, which you would think I had read before my post on here, but I had not. Please read this and intelligently tell me how everything in the article is incorrect. I was thinking of Occam in my original post to you, so I find it fascinating that you can use the same idea to argue the complete opposite of the lab leak theory. I'm quoting a small part of the article that references Occam but please review the whole article, even the part about how the US Government has essentially declared the lab leak theory to be the most likely answer.

https://www.inquirer.com/columnists...mic-coronavirus-media-tribalism-20230306.html

Quote from article:
    No one among Trump’s opponents wanted to be seen to agree with him on anything, but the lab leak was always the most obvious answer as the likely source of the virus. That is not to say that it could not have been disproved, only that it wasn’t disproved.

Occam’s razor is the name philosophers give the principle that the least complicated answer is usually the right one. Not always! But usually. Comedian Jon Stewart — definitely not a Trump fan — summed up how Occam’s razor applied to the viral outbreak in Wuhan back in 2021: “Oh my God, there’s been an outbreak of chocolatey goodness near Hershey, Pa. What do you think happened?”

The explanation always made sense, but we are easily blinded by partisan tribalism. Had things gone a different way in 2016, we might have seen President Hillary Clinton pushing the lab leak theory and private citizen Donald Trump taking to Twitter to say she was lying. The madness is not just on the left.

24. true42

true42 Owned member

Local Time:
    That seems to be true.

25. L-u-c-y

Staff Member Owner of Chastity Mansion Administrator Verified Female

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    6:12 PM
    Maybe wear one of these over the N95, to be safe.

FHn4w0wXIAQOZe7.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice