Covid-19 and Life

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by Hubby&Missy, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Lazlo Toth

Lazlo Toth C/D on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale: 9/9

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    4:20 AM

Somehow my reply to your scenario description got pasted in the middle of your text. Likely my touch pad was over sensitive.

Here is my reply:

"A most plausible explanation of the last two years Lucy.

What's most interesting, to me, about your description is that you outline what happens in most disasters--like airline crashes--a series of consecutive bad decisions that snow ball into a disaster. Any ONE single decision may not seem so bad. But add them all up.....and boom! The single worst collective mistake in the history of mankind."

Dianna1395, subrick and L-u-c-y like this.
  2. winstonmacgregor

winstonmacgregor Long term member

Local Time:
    7:20 AM
    It is fascinating and terrifying at the same time to witness it all unfold so fast. It does not matter what any of our personal opinions are of lockdowns, mandates, etc. The fact that it has happened is the story. Just two years ago, everybody on all sides of these debates would tell you that it would be to far fetched, never would happen, and that you are being ridiculous for bringing up these as potential scenarios.

Dianna1395 and subrick like this.
  3. WillieBDenied

WillieBDenied All men should be locked

Software
    San Diego, CA
    Local Time:
    One thing I have noticed is that all of this chaos has revealed some true personality traits of people, not often for the good.

Dianna1395 and winstonmacgregor like this.
  4. L-u-c-y

Staff Member Owner of Chastity Mansion Administrator Verified Female

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    12:20 PM
    It's a funny old deadly pandemic, I don't know anyone who had anything worse than a cold, I don't know of any celebrities who died, and I've gone the whole 18 months without seeing 1 sick person.

Not what I expected a deadly worldwide pandemic to be like.

Dianna1395 and subrick like this.
  5. mr_newbie

mr_newbie Long term member

Professional nerd
    Swansea, South Wales
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    If you've not encountered it then you're definitely one of the lucky ones.

I've had it. It was mostly quite mild for me but I haven't been able to smell anything since January. Whilst the short term symptoms were much like a cold no illness has ever robbed me of one of my senses before.
    My mother was on the verge of being hospitalised when she had it and my brother is still suffering the effects of long covid.

The issue isn't really that it'll deadly to a majority. The issue is that it's deadly to enough people to overwhelm healthcare systems if everyone was just allowed to go out and get it.

corsac and lockit like this.
  6. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    I'm suffering from long covid and I haven't had it.

7. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    Winston you make an excellent point. I think the "oh my, get the shots" folks are still thinking of this as a pandemic. The "fuck no, I am never submitting to medical tyranny" types have moved well past that.

This is now truly a matter of human sovereignty. It's not a vax vs no vax. It's a matter of can you see the next holocaust coming or can't you?

If it were about your health, the governments wouldn't be actively BANNING actual treatments. It's the jab, or we let you die.

Dianna1395, subrick and L-u-c-y like this.
  8. winstonmacgregor

Local Time:
    Personality traits like celebrating the suffering and deaths of people who don't agree with whatever your position is on vaccines and such is one big one.

Dianna1395 likes this.
  9. winstonmacgregor

Local Time:
    The vaccine definitely isn't as safe as we are being told. The first step in ending this madness would be to honestly come forth and admit that while giving people the option to decide weather or not to take it or not, to allow them the dignity of weighing the possible proc and cons instead of shaming.

Lazlo Toth likes this.
  10. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    The "tin foil hat loonies" were right all along. 0.2% death rate, and probably a lot less.

No one needs the useless vaccines, except maybe the vulnerable and over 70's. We didn't need lockdowns, we didn't need masks. This is the biggest blunder in the history of mankind.

A lot of people have shown their true colours, and by god there is going to be a reckoning for what they have done!

Lockdown supporters have been the selfish ones, all they have thought about is themselves and their own situation, they have thrown millions of people into poverty and caused their deaths. Poor people in countries like india and brazil couldn't make a living, they couldn't feed themselves and they died! It wasn't covid that killed them!

And all because lockdown supporters couldn't take the hit of a virus with 99.8% survivability.

E_vGv-PUcAQjsm7.jpg

cov1.jpg

E_zxbZNUYA0eqjC.jpg

11. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    The world was lockdown down for a virus with a death rate lower than the flu. All the other deaths were caused by the effects of lockdowns.

ukp.jpg

Lazlo Toth, Suewiang and subrick like this.
  12. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
  13. winstonmacgregor

Local Time:
    What I wonder is, would we have had a better result if we approached contracting covid with the same philosophy as we have done in the past as far as trying to get children infected with chicken pox to build their immunity. Just accept that it is something we all unfortunately need to get in order for global immunity while setting up temporary medical facilities to monitor you when it is your time. Would be over this by now?

corsac likes this.
  14. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    Anything would be more successful than the debacle that happened.

It looks like cases are going up everywhere that has rolled out the jabs. If they roll them out slowly the cases go up slowly, if they roll them out fast the cases go up fast.

Something is not right with the jabs.

15. WillieBDenied

WillieBDenied All men should be locked

Software
    San Diego, CA
    Local Time:
    The reason cases are rising is not because of the un-vaccinated, it's the vaccinated... bear with me on this. As more and more people get vaccinated, they get a sense of invulnerability, so they go out more, gather more, and pay less attention to their surroundings, and since we know that vaccinated people can still GET and still TRANSMIT the disease, they are passing it along to ALL others on an equal footing, but only the un-vaccinated will show strong symptoms, which lead to testing, which leads to increased numbers in who? - the un-vaccinated. It's not rocket science.

Also, the reason for the variants is also the vaccinated, not the un-vaccinated. Why? Simple. As vaccinated people obtain the virus, the virus will "fight for it's life" so to speak and will mutate to get around the vaccine. Then that same vaccinated person can transmit the mutated virus to others. Again, it's not rocket science.

The media like to blame the un-vaccinated for everything, but it only take common sense to understand that this is simply not true.

The bottom line is we will all get it one way or another (either naturally or thru vaccination), and just like the flu, it will never go away.

Lazlo Toth likes this.
  16. winstonmacgregor

Local Time:
    The new rubix cube of covid mandates is the stadium conundrum. To be admitted in many places be it a auditorium or workplace, the options are show proof of vaccination or negative test within a week. So it is okay for a vaccinated person to go inside and transmit covid to the person who has tested negative? If we are going to mandate anything, why not mandate a negative test once a week for everyone and scrap the vaccination requirement.

17. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    Willie, I think you are correct on this. People make the mistake of thinking that there can be a vaccine for everything. Some disease you just can't. Common cold, flu, AIDS, etc. Same for Covid. Attempts to eradicate such disease only makes it worse.

18. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    I like your logic here Winston. Although I think mandatory tests are not the right path. Where does THAT intrusion stop? The govt. will abuse that as well. Soon you'll be tested for diseases you MIGHT get someday.....and be prevented from living your life freely. Insurance companies would love this, however. The can avoid insuring people who might get certain diseases.

Dianna1395 and winstonmacgregor like this.
  19. winstonmacgregor

Local Time:
    #369 winstonmacgregor, Sep 24, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
    A lot of the testing sites (in our country at least) are big profit makers. Many of them are run by local business owners and not health care professionals either. It is like the new version of buying a car wash because you want to own a business but don't have any specialty skill.

Lazlo Toth likes this.
  20. winstonmacgregor

Local Time:
    This one makes no sense though as it wasn't a natural phenomenon that swept though the world. The whistleblowers coming out of China are saying that it was intentionally released either though bat caves and/or an international military war games that was held in the end of 2019. We still don't know the who and why this all was done.

Lazlo Toth likes this.
  21. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    I have never heard a better and more colorful analogy!

22. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    If you haven't seen them check out the BBC and CH4 hidden camera documentaries about the UK testing labs, they are a shambles. I wouldn't trust any result from them. An expert watched them and said all the results should be thrown out. I expect all the family history DNA labs are the same.

23. OldLockedCuck

OldLockedCuck Long term member

Retired
    Australia
    Local Time:
    9:20 PM
    I have never read such absolute rubbish as that coming from the covid deniers here. I have a considerable background in science and I am amazed at the ignorance shown here. Covid is an extremely serious disease that has already claimed millions of lives and will kill many more yet. The current vaccines are only partially effective. The only way to stop covid is isolation. If everyone actually did that for a few weeks it would be all over. Anyone saying that it is okay for a few people to die either has vested interests or are such selfish divas that can't hack any inconvenience to their indulgent lifestyle, too bad about anyone else. These types of course are always so devastated and demanding of help when they or a close relative or friend gets covid.

CrossWitme likes this.
  24. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    I and everyone else in the UK isolated and wore masks for the best part of a year. It didn't help, it made things worse.

And what is our reward for complying? To be banned from venues.

You are the selfish ones, you subject the whole world to lockdowns because you can't cope with a virus with a 99.8% survival rate. You are subjecting your children and grand children to decades of debt and poverty.

25. Suewiang

Suewiang Long term member

Maid
    England
    Local Time:
    Your funny

i always love the i am superior and know everything attitude. A considerable background in science means you had a bunson burner,a test tube and a microscope does it.

You seem to miss the fact no one says that Covid doesn’t exist.

What we do say is the attitudes like yours have killed far far more from non Covid issues than ever ever will die of Covid.

And restrictions have changed nothing. Which you will soon find in Australia too.

There was far more intelligence back when the Spanish flu was doing its rounds and even then they talked of restrictions which common sense kicked in and were decided against which proved the right thing to do.

as Lucy clearly says a virus that kills less than .2 % many countries are in dire straits because of idiotic restrictions ,other health issues and economical disaster prevail all because of idiotic restrictions far far more have and will die from not getting treated for other issues

since we all know viruses cannot really be eradicated the only way is to carry on as normal and let it settle and adapt to fit in with our lives. Instead of destroying everyone’s lives

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice