Question for those who’ve “downsized”

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by Echo321, Apr 14, 2023.

Random Thread
  1. Echo321

Echo321 Long term member

United States
    Local Time:
    12:19 PM
    My wife has expressed interest in shortening my cage. I’m a grower, just under 2in flaccid and almost 7in erect. My current cage is 1.75in but she noticed a bit of room when I was “shriveled” and said she’s thinking I should go down to 1.25in. Her reasoning is that I should have absolutely no ability for growth unless she allows it which, as she puts it, “is the whole point”. It’s been brought up again so at this point I feel it’s an inevitability.
    For those of you who have gone smaller, is there an adjustment period? I’ve read smaller is preferable and sometimes easier but I really don’t have any issues now after being predominantly 24/7 for about a year so I’m wondering what I can expect, good or bad, physically and mentally (if anything).
    Just for clarification we’re not in an FLR or feminization situation (no judgement, just not our scene) and she’s not looking to shrink or make my penis invisible, she just doesn’t want it functioning sexually without her involvement.
    Thanks in advance for any replies.

2. Deleted member 100175

I was skeptical but have just downsized a similar amount / proportion between previous Jailbird & new BAW cages (of my own volition).

to my surprise it *has* made caged erections more comfortable - or more accurately less uncomfortable - nipping things in the bud & I realise now I likely could've gone smaller still.

width has been a comfort issue for me previously in off-the-shelf cages & needs to be right, but I'd have no hesitation going shorter & then probably a bit shorter still than that!

3. IB-Chaste

IB-Chaste Chastity Superman.

Local Time:
    5:19 PM
    No, as soon as it’s locked it’s like wearing any other cage. In fact, the temporary pressure of being tightly enclosed is kinda arousing.
    i had issues with the design so make sure you think about pee hole placement. When you don’t have any room at the end at all it can spray everywhere if there is any obstruction.

4. OwedbyJM

OwedbyJM Long term member

Local Time:
    I started with a 3 inch tube in my belt and went to a 2 inch funnel tube in my behind barz belt. I like the shorter one better and find it more comfortable. If they where not expensive I would look into a shorter tube.

Lazlo Toth and Echo321 like this.
  5. starflyer

starflyer Junior Member

UK
    Local Time:
    Well i went down to a nub, but my foreskin got in the way, kept trapping my foreskin, so ended up binning it

6. Echo321

Echo321 Long term member

United States
    Local Time:
    It’s a Jailbird I’m already wearing that we’d just get shortened so there’s no obstruction. If anything I think it’ll keep things aligned better so at least there’s that to look forward to.

I’m cut so hopefully that won’t be an issue.

Deleted member 100175 likes this.
  7. lockedforfun

lockedforfun Long term member

Local Time:
    9:19 AM
    I have a Mature Metal Queen's Keep, so similar bars at the end. Smaller was great (I'm a grower too), and the shorter cage is all around more comfortable. One really annoying thing with longer cages was the tip would hit the seat of a chair or car seat and push everything up. The shorter cage eliminated that problem.

But I will say, even with a short cage, if you're not pierced to hold you at the end of it, you can still slip out the back, or partway out.

John likes this.
  8. Kylara

Kylara Happy feminized sub owned by Mistress PHEBUSA

Office work
    Belgium, Brussels
    Local Time:
    6:19 PM
    I really think that downsizing was a myth in past but after years I realize it happens, thus not a lot.
    Once you have a cage tah tsize perfectly your flascid state you can reduce it after some time (months) and then you began to downsize. It tages time and it won't disapear.
    I guess it is quite different for all of us (I am a grower 2" flascid too) but after months you will reduce a little and maybe reduce when hard (I loose 2 cm on 18 cm before).
    But to be in control you don't need smaller cage, as long she has the key and she is the one that unlock you, why do you want to reduce?
    A cage when you never grow is the most confortable for sure.

9. meuk85

meuk85 Active member

Netherlands
    Local Time:
    May I add a question about this as well?

For a futher cage I am considering going for a smaller size diameter as well. Not a lot, just a little. The RC no5 I use does not prevent me from getting hard, it just pulls my balls.

So does this work? The RC website recommends against it.

10. smallboi069

smallboi069 Member

Local Time:
    11:19 AM
    2 to 6 inch grower here. My jailbird is 1.25" and it's skinny enough to be tight when I'm shriveled. This makes me able to actually sleep through caged erections. In fact, I'd say width is probably a more important thing to get right than the length. If there's room to grow sideways your body will grow no matter what and it will chafe and hurt. With very little room, any growing stays contained in the carts lodge that's within my body rather than getting into the shaft so it doesn't do nearly as much as far as pulling and rubbing.

guodor and Sherrie’sPleasure like this.
  11. Queens servant73

Queens servant73 Long term member

Midwest
    Local Time:
    Same situation here too, I’m about 2.5 flaccid and just under 7 erect, wore a MCN 2.25” Adaptus for a year, been in a MCN 1.75” Amicus this past year and we’ve been looking at some titanium cages. My Wife said she wants one around 1.5” maybe a little smaller. I was amazed how much better my sleep was going from the Adaptus down to the Amicus, hopefully another reduction won’t be a problem.

12. Echo321

Echo321 Long term member

United States
    Local Time:
    Appreciate the replies everyone. From what I gather there doesn’t seem to be much to be concerned about. In retrospect I’m not even sure if it was a question that needed asking; if my wife decides she wants it shorter then no matter what it would be like for me (physical injuries aside) I’m going to have to accept life in a smaller cage. She’s definitely embraced the lifestyle. Be careful what you wish for indeed…

13. cogman

cogman Long term member

Business owner
    Australia - Sydney
    Local Time:
    2:19 AM
    My current cage is quite a bit smaller than when I started. It is the same size as I am flaccid, indeed it needs to be because the tether keeps the cock within a few mm of the front of the cage.

Its a lot more comfortable than one that allows you to grow because your body stops you from getting hard before it really gets to establish itself. Also find the fully enclosed is far better than bars that let you explode out through them.

current device modified steel heart 2 with tetherspout, last device I’ll need

14. MtnViper

MtnViper Long term member

Currently resting mind and body
    Arizona
    Local Time:
    If you have an open cage design like the Mature Metal Jail Bird, your penis can overfill it, causing tissue to project out. This can expose tissues, especially the glans, to frictional irritation.

Using a support strap with a device that was measured for a relaxed hanging flaccid penis can have the same result. The same if you wear underwear that holds the cage close to your body.

Your current cage may not be too large if it is supported and held against your body.

Sherrie’sPleasure and Echo321 like this.
  15. cshorts

cshorts Locked in love for SL

Bay Area, California
    Local Time:
    @Echo321, no one else has mentioned this so maybe I'm an odd duck. I'm very similar to you (2.75" - 7.25"). I'm in an MCN Contender (open bars, bird cage style). I went down to a shorter cage (2.75" down to 2"). It *feels* great: I'm much more contained, can't even start to get a chubby in the tube, and I like the feeling of being closely held.

However: I have consistent problems with skin damage on the underside of my cock. I'm 24/7 ... if I go 2 weeks or more between breaks to clean and dry, the skin starts to get raw and quite sensitive (very unpleasant if my KH *does* play with me ... which is rare :). I think the problem is that, even with the open bars, it often doesn't get fully dry after a shower, and the wet skin scrunched up in the shorter cage is unhealthy.

I'm okay as long as I get released for wash-and-dry once a week. (If I don't, it's not a hygiene problem -- I can wash it well enough when it's caged, it's just the drying that I think is the issue.)

So, if you go shorter, and if you do extended wear, be careful!

16. Queens servant73

Queens servant73 Long term member

Midwest
    Local Time:
    I get the same issue, so I am allowed out to wash the cage and penis really well every 3-4 days normally, get it completely dry and re-cage.

Sherrie’sPleasure likes this.
  17. Servus

Servus Long term member

Germany
    Local Time:
    And again the shrinking fantasy takes place.
    The best shrinkage I have, is after cycling. Even if warm. My willie then retracts completely into my pelvis.

It looks like i had a foreskin then, even since I am circumsized.

18. Echo321

Echo321 Long term member

United States
    Local Time:
    @cshorts I’m generally out once weekly for shaving/deep cleaning and my wife really, really likes to orgasm with me inside her so I’m also out fairly often for her to enjoy that as well. I will definitely keep it in mind though once Locktober rolls around.

@MtnViper neither of us like the idea or look of a strap but I do wear very supportive boxer briefs with the ball hammock so my stuff is kept very snug.

I have to say this community continues to impress. One of the hardest parts of chastity for me is not having anyone to talk to about it but the fact that I can come on here, ask a question and get a bunch of helpful honest answers from people that are experiencing similar things is great.

19. Sherrie’sPleasure

Sherrie’sPleasure Long term member

Retired
    Southern USA
    Local Time:
    In my opinion based on experimentation, a slightly smaller cage than my flaccid size works the best. The denial of any growth inside the cage is the goal in finding the perfect cage. We have HTv4 Nano with a 40mm ring.

MadameJs_boo, Muffleduk and Echo321 like this.
  20. NowIveDoneIt

NowIveDoneIt Long term member

Finance
    Northeast, USA
    Local Time:
    I use a blow dryer on low setting to get everything completely dry- it just takes a minute.

21. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Sheffield. South Yorkshire UK
    Local Time:
    Downsizing ..well for me in the long term its proven to be more comfortable if there is minimal room for growth so over the years we have tried different cages and as we have done so we have reduced the length

Yes over time I have lost length. I used to wear and fill a Curve (a version of the cbXXXX range) 5 years ago I was substantially reduced to about 5" when erect there has been no noticeable change to my flaccid length but we have not bought cages that restrict that only erection length. The downsizing process will be prevented or slowed or not at all dependent mainly I think on how often you are permitted erections. I'm not which also means my actual size now is unknown.

22. WillieBDenied

WillieBDenied All men should be locked

Software
    San Diego, CA
    Local Time:
    I have gone pretty small, The cage is shorter and narrower than my flaccid size. Because of that, my skin is bunched up and my penis is being squeezed against the bars of the cage. It is an open design, but there is no way proper cleaning is possible under those conditions. There are too many hard to reach nooks and crannies to ever get all the sweat and urine completely out.

So I take it off every morning for a shower that lasts less than five minutes. I can get perfectly clean, and my penis gets to have a morning stretch and adequate blood flow. No masturbation and no erections are allowed. Although I do fluff up while soaping - that's hard to prevent completely.

All in all it works fine. The benefit of being clean and safe far outweighs the minuscule time out of the cage.

Echo321 likes this.
  23. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    same here, my Madam unlocks me every 5 ish days for a good wash and dry, more often in the hot weather or if I’ve been to the gym.

24. Sherrie’sPleasure

Sherrie’sPleasure Long term member

Retired
    Southern USA
    Local Time:
    I think for us who have a fully enclosed cage or bar style cages cleaning every 2-3 days under a supervised release is the safest way to go. Having the exact fit or as close to it as possible and cleaning as described gives the best result.

Echo321 likes this.
  25. archie

archie Active member

Mid Atlantic USA
    Local Time:
    i have a Mature Metal Queen’s Keep that fits perfectly, and is just the slightest bit shy of snug. the closer fitting cage IMHO is more manageable all the way around, no pun intended.

lockedforfun and Echo321 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice