Long initial lock-up - did it work for you?

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by littleguy3, May 1, 2022.

Random Thread
  1. littleguy3

littleguy3 Adoring husband

Bondservant to my wife
    USA - Virginia
    Local Time:
    6:54 PM
    I agree.... "initial" is throwing most people off.

I reached out to the author to ask how she came up with the consensus of 3+ months milestone lockup after the initial break-in is complete (i.e. comfortable with longer term wear). She said it was based on reading what others were saying on the internet.

I game across a mistress who has a podcast called The Obedient Love podcast that had a segment on long-term chastity. She said that she requires "submissive devotees" who enter a D/s relationship with her to complete a 108 day orgasm denial period because it allows them to complete about 4 hormone cycles in order to get accustomed to change their focus from their orgasms to their D's pleasure. I'm not sure what "hormone cycle" she's referring to but it would be helpful to understand.

Littlejt1 and Lazlo Toth like this.
  2. Burn_e

Burn_e Long term member

Local Time:
    12:54 AM
    I think for gay doms and subs this is working as the Dom can still fuck the sub, only question is then why then not immediately go for permanent.
    For hetero Doms and subs it is only working if the female Dom is going for Cuckolding or is not interested of piv sex.
    We were very frustrated in week seven because my wife got bored of only teasing me while she wanted sex and could not. As a consequence we had a bad mood and I felt completely lost. We then ended on week 7 frustrated.

JaySaysYes likes this.
  3. Lazlo Toth

Lazlo Toth C/D on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale: 9/9

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    3:54 PM
    Thanks for comments. I not only think the "milestone" wordage makes more sense, I think many around here agree in principle that a longer-term milestone is very helpful.

An aside: Notice how so many of these experts out there are simply copy/pasting and not adding anything new. I've read from several sources the "after the initial lock-up" or whatever the quote was. So please know, there isn't a ton of new thinking on this. Suffice it to say, longer lock ups such as 90 days really do bring about perspective changes.

I believe the 108 day period is related to ........uh....a woman's period. If you take 108/4 you have 27. Roughly the duration of a woman's menstrual cycle. I also feel there is SOME connection for the male. The problem is that most men masturbate far too often to really get a feel for any sort of natural cycle they might have.

4. Andy88

Andy88 Long term member

Local Time:
    6:54 AM
    I take it tat yr wife likes piv.. but wat is d whole purpose of d male chastity for u both? To cut down d frequency of male orgasm..? To improve sex eventualy? wil she be open to climax thru oral or a strapon..? At least som substitute while d male is undergoing som training/therapy..? Asuming cuckholding is out of d pic.. I mean som women can only climax with a real penis.. if tats where u r coming frm.. my wife loves oral.. but only at d surface.. she dislikes but not hates penetration by tongue.. ok she doesnt work with toys either..

5. Chaz69

Chaz69 Long term member

IT
    Midwest, USA
    Local Time:
    5:54 PM
    I agree with Lazlo that the word "initial" may confuse some, but for me personally, what I understood it to mean is, once you've decided that this is the life for you and once you've sorted out a cage that fits, etc, once you're ready to get serious, then do the "initial" 90-day lockup. I did notice that the article calls for a 90-day "lockup" rather than just orgasm denial, like I think they want you locked up and not let out of the cage at all for 90 days. What I ended up doing was just 90-days of orgasm denial.

ugams likes this.
  6. Sexycuckoldcpl89

Sexycuckoldcpl89 Cuckold/Slave of MistressMegan

New York
    Local Time:

Why did you get into chastity? When the whole goal is just her teasing you whats in it for her? Do you perform oral or use toys on her? The whole tease and denial thing should only come after she's been taken care of. I always thought to be chastised was to take your satisfaction away so you can focus on her. Once shes satisfied maybe you can get out or be teased. There has to be something in it for her otherwise its just a chore and you're still the center of attention.

7. Rpf

Rpf Matrix score 10,8

Local Time:
    8:24 PM
    We started chastity with a “see how it goes” attitude. Between my high libido and her long term menopause our marriage was getting unsatisfactory for both of us. That was 470 something days ago. She’s averaging about an orgasm per day now, I’m averaging a ruined orgasm every 100 days or so, and I’ve been locked 24/7 except for device changes and hygiene. Our married life has never been better.

MadameJs_boo and Chaz69 like this.
  8. sonhee

sonhee Long term member

Local Time:
    11:54 PM
    I know what you mean. My wife prefers PIV and doesn't really like oral sex or vibrators or any other toys. I think a 3 months initial denial would be frustrating for her as well. Although the website suggests to use the 3 months for experimenting without Piv that assumes the wife is interested in experimenting lol

Burn_e and JaySaysYes like this.
  9. Chaz69

Chaz69 Long term member

IT
    Midwest, USA
    Local Time:
    Keep in mind there are no rules, except those you make yourselves, so if she doesn't want to follow the 90-day thing, then she doesn't need to. The main thing here is this is supposed to suit the woman's needs, so if she needs PIV every day, then you will get unlocked for PIV every day, that's her decision. If she's willing to go without PIV for 90-days to re-wire your brain, again that's her choice. She could also decide to have PIV but not allow you to cum. There is a large number of women that don't O from PIV, so switching to oral only for a while for them is not that big of a sacrifice.

ugams likes this.
  10. Andy88

Andy88 Long term member

Local Time:

11. Andy88

Andy88 Long term member

Local Time:
    i think nothing is clearer from how u hv put it.. her needs 1st.. piv being insisted? yes, d male shal perform acordingly.. if d male has shortcomings.. one may need to consider her high sex drive.. incldg securing partner(s) for her.. extra-marital afairs but purely for sex alone... ive threaded along tis line carefuly, slightly reluctantly but stil submisively.. not tat im advocating it.. sory if i sound crude..

12. littleguy3

Bondservant to my wife
    USA - Virginia
    Local Time:
    I messaged the mistress and she says the 108 days is roughly equal to 4 lunar cycles which she thinks affects behavior patterns somehow. Not sure I believe that but....

13. littleguy3

Bondservant to my wife
    USA - Virginia
    Local Time:
    I can see where it would be difficult if the wife is used to piv only. If the male can't learn to satisfy her in other ways, maybe consider desensitizing cream on the male and go for the piv as long as it's not pleasurable for him

ugams likes this.
  14. jchar

jchar Active member

Local Time:
    I didn't think she would do it, when my wife and I talked about a break-in period she thought a month was sufficient. I earned 5 more days on that for cheating when I was taking a break from wearing my Neosteel. It has taken me some time to get used to my belt, only just reaching the point where I can keep it on continuously or with short supervised breaks. Anyhow, she found out that until the supervised breaks started just last week I was still masturbating regularly. She changed her mind about 3 months being too long in fact it will be 98 days for me at the end of which I only have a chance of having the belt off for play time, no guarantees of anything else. I am really glad shes finally seeing the effectiveness of keeping me in chastity and being firm with me though I am terrified off learning how to cope with my belt for that long with no chance at relief or even playtime with the belt off.

ugams, littleguy3 and JaySaysYes like this.
  15. littleguy3

Bondservant to my wife
    USA - Virginia
    Local Time:
    My wife and I haven't had piv sex in a number of years because it's too painful for her. She has reached a point where she's lost flexibility so a long initial milestone / break me lock-up won't negatively affect her from her personal physical perspective. She's able to get off from manual or oral stimulation. She does get really turned on when she gives me an orgasm especially at this point with weeks of denial and my inability to control myself when she does. She does tease me almost daily usually from nipple stimulation. I've found when it's especially pleasurable that if I moan and whimper, she's most likely to get wet herself and very ready for her own orgasm.

Rectrix and Chaz69 like this.
  16. littleguy3

Bondservant to my wife
    USA - Virginia
    Local Time:
    How many days are you in to your 98 day lockup? Do you expect to have any releases during that time? Does she tease you with any regularity? If so, how?

17. littleguy3

Bondservant to my wife
    USA - Virginia
    Local Time:
    I was in chastity with no orgasms for 2 1/2 weeks before I "came out of the closet" and shared what I was doing and why with my wife. It was a shock to her but I carefully explained the reasons and she has quickly been coming on board with the new lifestyle, especially after experiencing the benefits for herself and our revitalized marriage.

We stretched that 2.5 weeks out to 4 weeks before she popped the cork and gave me the best orgasm of my life... nothing had ever come that close. She then gave me 2 more orgasms after another 2 1/2 weeks between each one and they were equally as good if not better. But I began to crave them more, found that the urge to masturbate was too great without the cage that I needed to get back in it when we had left it off to allow an irritation to heal, and then snuck in a ruined orgasm by vibing my cage one afternoon when she was away. My behavior had also deteriorated... I got grouchy a few times.

It was after these difficulties that I found the website in the OP. I told my wife I needed to go a lot longer than 2.5 weeks the next time. We haven't pushed the discussion of just how long the denial period needs to be since I agreed not to bring up the topic of chastity more than once a month unless she initiates the conversation. Tomorrow will be 3 weeks since my ruined O and the clock and calendar seem to be moving SOOOOO slowly. The 3 O's she gave me via handjobs were so incredible, I can't imagine giving them up forever but I also don't want to lose all the benefits we experienced during that first 4 week lockup. I really need to press on one day at a time with a plan to remain faithful. I agreed to be accountable to her daily that I haven't looked at visually stimulating images, haven't teased myself (which would include masturbation), and aren't struggling with thoughts of tempation. 3 weeks but I really want to get to at least 3 months!

Rectrix, JaySaysYes and Chaz69 like this.
  18. MichaelAlan

MichaelAlan Long term member

West, way west
    Local Time:
    Hello!
    How do you define initial? No removal except cleaning an maintenance? Or removal for tease and denial too.

Do you achieve the same pyschological benfits with after 90 days orgasm free which includes lock up combined with uncaged edging, tease and denial, or any teasing must be with the cage on? No orgasm, no edging no unlock except for cleaning etc?

Thanks for the help?

19. Littlejt1

Littlejt1 Long term member

Texas
    Local Time:
    4:54 PM
    Many recommend a 90 day to 6month “initial” lockup, to fully get the man in the mindset of denial. Effectively that doesn’t necessarily mean “no release” for any reason but it could. It mainly should refer to no orgasms during that time and with as few cage releases as possible, but again hygiene and checks for any medical issues should be done.

bondinchas and jcesarsk like this.
  20. littleguy3

Bondservant to my wife
    USA - Virginia
    Local Time:
    I agree with Littlejt in my understanding of what an initial lockup refers to. The author of the Secret to a Happy Marriage suggests that you should not remove the cage to stimulate the male's penis. Sexual addiction therapists also recommend this approach because of the need to "rewire the brain". My wife has happy to receive multiple orgasms a week from manual & oral sex and didn't need PIV. But she really wanted to tease me which she was able to do without removing my cage and touching my penis. This effectively trained me to become very aroused from touch to other parts of my body. The goal is to not slip back into masturbatory habits if and when she decides to "free the bird".

MichaelAlan, Littlejt1 and JaySaysYes like this.
  21. MichaelAlan

West, way west
    Local Time:
    A long initial lock up period WITH edging and teasing would seem to be normal for some in chastity.
    Did you try the long period? If so what were your results?

Thanks!

Littlejt1 likes this.
  22. MichaelAlan

West, way west
    Local Time:
    So it sounds as if you saw a benefit.

So, if I understand you correctly, the goal is to be able to live a chaste lifestyle without the cage?

23. littleguy3

Bondservant to my wife
    USA - Virginia
    Local Time:
    When we started out, a chaste lifestyle without the cage was definitely a goal of my wife/KH. I had my doubts that was possible. In my OP, we were just coming to the realization that my masturbation habit was an addiction and we knew we needed to change that and get control over it. My behavior had also changed dramatically for the positive and we wanted that to become the norm. We had experienced 6 weeks of extraordinary intimacy thru practicing chastity and tease/denial. My addiction took over and I cheated and our journey stalled briefly. That's when I came upon the website suggesting a 90 day minimum initial lockup.

We are on the other side of the 90 day lockup. I'm still in chastity. I'm more in control now and can handle the urge to cheat with the help of the cage. But as I laid here in bed in the wee hours of the morning reading your post, my little guy was staining hard to get erect as often happens at this time of night. The urge to touch and play is strong and I'm glad I can't. I'm in an addiction recovery program based on a neuroscience foundation that is telling me it takes 2-5 years to fully heal from an addiction. So I have a ways to go.

I'm a perfect world, being chaste and uncaged would be ideal. But that may be an unrealistic goal. Our sex life which was dead completely is now extraordinary even without orgasms for me. I'd like to be uncaged for our morning cuddle time when the fireworks normally happen but don't know if I can control myself when my frontal lobe shuts down. We'll see. We also like the idea I can only get an erection from our mutual intimacy so we have to decide if that should be a goal because my will power won't be enough to achieve that.

I think we're in this for a few years at least and maybe for the rest of our lives. As long as we both have our health, that will still be a very good thing!

24. IB-Chaste

IB-Chaste Chastity Superman.

Local Time:
    11:54 PM
    I now think it strange that someone writes 90 days and so it becomes an important milestone… even in the happy marriage they say it’s a negotiable time dependant on circumstances. It even states optional. They literally give no evidence that it does anything.
    I asked my wife if she wanted an initial lock-up period. She asked “why would I do that?”…
    I then questioned why we would do that?
    Then we started chastity…

25. littleguy3

Bondservant to my wife
    USA - Virginia
    Local Time:
    Maybe you should look at the neuroscience of compulsive / addictive behaviors. Your brain is trained to follow the same neural pathway that's been forged from many years of acting on urges. You see pretty women, view porn, feel a negative emotion, etc and your middle brain leads you to acting on it compulsively. 90 days gives you a break, but in order for it to be effective, you also need to start creating alternative response pathways that promote healthy behaviors; i.e create new coping mechanisms. The old pathway doesn't go away; it's still there but disuse reduces the brain's dependence on it to seek pleasure. I'm no expert but I've been reading and listening to a lot of podcasts on the subject and that's what I'm hearing.

Chastity in and of itself is a tool to help curb the problem but without other behavior modifications, most guys will likely figure out how to defeat the cage and pleasure themselves.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice