Every damn time - the same place, same problem. Any thoughts appreciated.

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by Tarknassus, Mar 27, 2022.

1. Tarknassus

Tarknassus Wordy chastity nerdery.

Dog Walker
    United Kingdom
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    1:11 AM
    Feeling quite bummed out this morning. Had to spend the night unlocked after what felt like a very successful week. I'll need to give a little history before addressing my issues. (For reference, when I refer to right/left, it's usually from the point of view of me looking down to my testicles/whatever).

When I started, I bought a knockoff CB6000. It helped to figure out the sizes of the base ring, because trying to wear that for more than 6 hours it would cut into my skin round the base... Then I'd have to wait to heal up, start again. This will be a theme.

I bought some cheap Chinese cages, I'd manage longer in some of them, but would always end up with pain in the same point. I experimented. Ergonomic rings, thicker rings, squared-profile rings. Every single one caused me pain and issues at exactly the same point every time, usually around 1 week to 3 weeks wear times (and that includes removals for cleaning, or work). I've highlighted a few of the ring types I've tried below. I experimented with different sizes as well, often the 50mm was the most comfortable and longest lasting in this regard. Sizes above would cause testicle pop-through, and going down a size would result in either extremely dark balls requiring me to remove asap, or stretch/pain within a couple of days rather than a week at the least.

31weAeb3hHL_grande.png
    The squared profile ergonomic ring provided a lot of 'stability' - by which I mean the cage stayed 'upright', but after a week the flat profile caused major tears along the marked area.

31r2QY6OIcL_1024x1024.png
    The hinged ring. Pinched at the bottom to the point one time it bled, and again, the right side caused stretching and tearing to the point of abandoning once more.
    chastity-devices-base-ring-snap-ring-accessories.jpg
    These rings were the devil. How anyone can wear these is beyond my comprehension. Pain and discomfort within hours of use. The only positive I found with these rings was I could not move them, so no chafing at all lol.
    HTB1ktWDQXXXXXX3XpXXq6xXFXXXy.jpg_.png
    Holy Trainer. The ring was moderately successful, but overall the cage was a nightmare. Edema formed very quickly thanks to my abundance of foreskin at the end, the back of the cage would dig in to my pubic area, and yes, even this ring would cause the dreaded stretched, torn skin.

I tried some custom cages, after following measuring guides. My first 'cage' caused edema issues, much like some of the metal open design ones. I tried another, and eventually after much research I finally opted for a Steelheart by Steelworxx - and it works brilliantly, until it doesn't (but don't get me started on the PA loop, that thing chafes like nobodies business and I can't get on with it at all). But I don't think it's the cage, it's my bloody testicles and retractive forces that can tear me apart.

I've got two main problems:
    1. My skin is extremely sensitive to edema. Traditional cage types, even when fitted, can cause edema from the straining of a single erection attempt. My experience with the Holy Trainer, or other semi-vented designs caused the same at any point the cock was potentially exposed to 'outside'. Even with my much-loved Steelheart, if a little foreskin pokes out of the pee hole, it can puff up like a balloon. But it's been the most successful in terms of wear, despite the massively annoying pain of keeping everything nice and clean too...

2. My right testicle is a lot stronger at retracting than my left. As such, I hate pictures of me in my cage a lot because I get wonky balls. Not just in the context of natural wonkiness people have, but my balls will sit at completely different angles and heights. I've tried to illustrate this.
    IMG_3718.jpg

My (probably correct) assumption is that during periods where the testicles would naturally retract, my right one pulls so hard that it can (and has) torn the skin where the ring meets my skin. This is also possibly exacerbated by movement, as such my job involves a LOT of walking. I've photographed yesterdays discovery, to find the stretching taking place. I've tried to minimise this, by doing my work uncaged, using some Palmers cream (which has been brilliant). I've not got to the point of any tearing yet, but it's really really close to ripping apart again. When it does rip, I've got to rest it for at least a couple of weeks, then starting lock times from the beginning again. The one shot shows the area that gets affected every damn time marked by the red line. No other area has issues (apart from burning at the base of the ring, but I can live with that).

IMG_3714.jpeg IMG_3715.jpeg IMG_3717.jpeg

I'm at my wits end. I love being locked (as does my wife), the ball trap device is a thing of beauty to me. I can ill afford another custom cage, and the combination of a PA/uncut is causing me a nightmare. I could not get on with a full belt, my body shape just won't allow me to put anything that tight on (I can barely keep trousers up given my waist shape - I am a freak in these regards). Evotion designs look good, but seems to be too much where edema can form for me. I'm tempted to try the Kink3d cages just to see how their rings perform, and there was another one from Canada that had a very unusual ring design which looked promising too. People often suggest the Glans Armour, but I'm uncut, the PA part won't work for me, and again, any foreskin putting pressure on the cage is gonna puff up and look hideous. If only there was a titanium Steelheart shell with a PA device that could accommodate foreskin... Argh

I can't afford to keep doing this though. I wish something would work, that could be pretty guaranteed. At the moment, I am now unlocked but doing things honourably for my wife - and it's really really hard to remain committed like this. Having immediate access is a huge problem in chastity for me, something I need to rectify.

So, has anyone else experienced this kind of issue? Where your balls are so strong that they threaten to tear your sack open? Or does anyone have any insights into what I could do that is on a reasonable budget?

2. Disciplined Boyfriend

NE Scotland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Hmmm, quite a few problems there especially with the skin Edema.

Couple of suggestions:

* Have you tried a good quality stainless steel - just to eliminate the cheap grade chrome plated steel which can cause skin issues and allergic reactions? Maybe try some cock rings first.

* Don't underestimate the size of the base ring. You should be able to get a finger (or two) between the ring and your cock. The gap between the cage and the ring is what holds it all in place.

* Do you use any lube? You might be experiencing friction burns, especially with the plastic or silicon cages. Got for a silicon based lube, and avoid anything with glycol, glycerine or similar as they'll basically ferment with the heat and sweat and you've got enough problems on your plate.

* There's open designs which basically work from within, i.e. a ring and a straight bit of bar with the urethral tube bent to keep you pointing downwards. Personally I've never tried one, but I do know of a fellow kinkster that had to wear one for at least 18 months.

Hope you find something that works for you.

A

3. Tarknassus

Dog Walker
    United Kingdom
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Thanks for the reply.

To answer the questions:

Yes, I've experienced everything from cheap Chinese stainless to custom made stainless devices. Regardless of material (I react with plastics the same way) my skin puffs up under any form of pressure after a short while. It's really annoying. I do have sensitive skin issues, can't use certain soaps (as they burn/irritate me), and I wonder if that's a factor in this particular issue.

Yes, I use Pjur Silicone lube, it's been the best performing and longest lasting for me. During 'off' times I've used Palmers Cocoa Butter Stretch Mark cream which has helped keep things at bay for longer. It's unfortunately still inevitable that I'll get to the point of having to stop - again, the end result is still the same, regardless of metal or plastic cages. I tried a silicon one once and that was a joke - birdlocked I think it was. The ring was so huge!

I've seen the urethral ones, heck I even tried sounding a few times (great experience, but tricky for me) - and it's not something I'd consider wearing on a daily basis given my work and riding a motorbike - the vibrations/movement from those two things would be "interesting", and probably a cause for irritation on an internal level.

My current thought is a PA piercing based design, but one that can eliminate pressure on my skin by being a tube like my Steelheart (without the weight to put pressure on the piercing).

The "out there" thought is circumcision, but seeing as my KH loves my dick the way it is, and I like the sensations from it, that's not an option.

4. Hig4s

Hig4s Long term member

Local Time:
    8:11 PM
    SlaveBoy73 likes this.
  5. MT206

MT206 Long term member

Adelaide, South Australia, AU.
    Local Time:
    9:41 AM
    I recall experiencing similiar discomfort to what you've described above.

I found that placing a bit of duct tape over the bad spot (on the ring) reduced the pain significantly. But it was due to burning caused by cold conditions.

6. MtnViper

MtnViper Long term member

Currently resting mind and body
    Arizona
    Local Time:
    5:11 PM
    Have you considered wearing only a cock ring, to train your testicles and scrotum?

This is basically what I did using the Mature Metal plastic sizing rings, though I recommend stainless steel once you know your size, within one or two sizes. The plastic rings have mold marks that need to be smoothed away with fingernail buffers or something similar.

The penis cage adds whole new dimensions to the wearing experience, potentially.

7. Tarknassus

Dog Walker
    United Kingdom
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I had seen this, but my assumption is I think this will just keep the balls further away and cause even more tension. I must admit I don't fully understand the full physics of how this device works, but even from looking at this setup I'd have to be VERY relaxed to even consider putting this on... Need to look into how this works more though, so thanks for the mention!

In a sense, yes I have. I've done the cock-ring approach, and also spent time doing ball stretching, both of which have helped the 'relaxed' part of my physiology down below - in a totally relaxed state they can hang comfortably low enough, but when they wanna retract, my right testicle must be on steroids or something because it retracts with a heck of a lot more force than the left - which I have zero issue with. In fact, putting a base ring or any cock ring on is always done with the left ball first. It's always there and available :D I've also seen 'Possession Rings' which are basically ball-trap without the cage, but again, it's the stress my right ball puts on everything as it pulls which is the problem.

There seem to be some Steelwerks Extreme models that might work, but if my quote enquiries from the past are anything to go by, I'd have to sell my kidneys for one of their devices!!

8. bondinchas

bondinchas Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
    #8 bondinchas, Mar 27, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2022
    Over more than a decade of wearing chastity devices, I've had all those problems.

Without going into too much detail, here's my recommendations:

Forget plastic cages, they cause more skin problems than steel cages, they're less hygienic, and the surfaces being porous are much more difficult to keep spotlessly clean.

Use a solid base ring. Hinged and any other type of ring will always pinch when skin under tension is pulled across any join. Yes, you will be able to get in it, as it's easily possible to get into a ring that is far too tight for continuous wear.

Use a short cage with closely spaced bars, close enough that foreskin can't poke through.
    The downside is you'll really want to take it off to clean, but the benefit is much less odema and it eliminates pinching. If erection attempts are a problem then your cage is too long! It should be short enough that most of the time your flaccid tip touches the end of the cage.

As for the problem with getting raw around the ring...
    Pubic hair is not soft and silky, it's hard and rough!
    Pubic hair under the ring is like wearing sandpaper, it's no wonder that you're getting tender.

Pluck or wax all those hairs from the ring area. It's not as bad as it sounds, and the advantage of plucking over shaving is it removes the hair root, which means the new hair that grows is much lighter and softer. Maintenance plucking is much easier once it's done, a good tip is to do it under a very strong light, you'll find that once you've finished, you'll inspect it and find a whole new layer of hair that you missed! Then do it again for that perfect smooth finish.

You can use lube, I used to quite a lot, but keeping the hair near the ring under control means I rarely need to now.

The odd testicle problem is annoying, the best advice is to work on the device gap, very small adjustments can make quite a difference, depending on the design you might be able to bend the post on your cage so that the gap becomes slightly wider one side that the other to compensate. It only takes millimetre adjustments to make a difference, so don't overdo it!

9. Hig4s

Hig4s Long term member

Local Time:
    I haven't tried this style either, but as I understand it with this you can user a bigger base ring that can sit back further, when flaccid.
    I noticed, for me, when I get in my hot tub, everything loosens up. Maybe daily hot baths while caged would help.

10. boisub

boisub Inaccessible member

Northwest US
    Local Time:
    6:11 PM
    Came here to say this. Find a comfortable ring size, then work the gap down (to the degree allowed by the cage design) to prevent ball escape. It really is a matter of millimeters making the difference.

bondinchas and Tarknassus like this.
  11. ChasteJase

ChasteJase Long term member

Local Time:
    Question for those responding here. Many say to go bigger with the ring size. I can wear a 40mm and a 45mm without ball escape. However, I can easily pull my penis out the back of a 45mm but cannot do so with a 40mm. Are people suggesting that the only way to have a comfortable fit is to ignore the 1 finger rule and potentially wear a ring that allows for pulling out the back?

12. Hig4s

Hig4s Long term member

Local Time:
    I don't know about others, but even with the smallest ring I can get on, one so small I cannot keep it on very long, I can still pull my penis out if I really try. So for me I might as well use a little bigger ring that is comfortable. I am working on upping the gauge on my PA. I figure that will be the only way a cage would actually be secure on me.

Also seems to me, if someone really wanted to cheat it, they could. Any non metal can be broken, it's not that hard to figure out how to pick or break a lock. So a comfortable fit that stays in place and at least isn't easy to slip out of should be sufficient for anyone that actually wants to participate in chastity.

boisub likes this.
  13. boo

boo Long term member

Local Time:
    7:11 PM
    Get a P A and a tube like MCN

14. Tarknassus

Dog Walker
    United Kingdom
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Some sound advice here - yes I only use solid rings now with my custom cage. I'd love to get to a point where I'm not having to remove the cage nearly every day to clean and would massively love to get a 'cage' cage with bars again as it's something my KH loves. We disagree on the aesthetics a little, I love the minimalism of my Steelheart, she loves seeing my cock behind bars... I'm going to give a barred cage another go, there's a BAW one with extra front bars that I've heard good things about for us foreskin types. I did have a cage with double-floor bars which worked okay, some painful pinching so the extra bars could work in my favour here... Alternatively there is the dense bars version, and another with a PA add-on (also with foreskin s-curve option) which could work too. Argh, decisions, decisions. At least I know I have an underwear choice that really supports everything well, even the heavy weight of the Steelheart (170g) in normal activities that I do. I think I could boil it down to the BA-21 (extra front bars) or the BA-25 (dense bars with PA attachment). Hmm.

I've got an awful 3d-printed cage with an 8mm gap (the biggest I've got) I'm going to measure and test later, to see how everything sits. As the BAW ones are 10mm by default, I may pick up a cheap cage from somewhere with these measurements (we really need an erect-a-set type cage where you can dial in settings and see if it works lol) and see how that works over a couple of days.

I had tried shaving to reduce irritation, but the regrowth of pubic hairs is super itchy and irritated massively. Silicone lube helps the most regardless of the amount of hair I have there. However I'm going to go with the suggestion to pluck (or even wax) everything from the top of the penis to bottom of the sack, particularly around the ring zone. At least right now I can see where that is! Heck, I'm sure my KH would love to do some plucking on me - she's that kind of woman! We'll be discussing that aspect later I'm sure
    ☉_☉' especially as she is wanting to take more control and start supervising my showers, an additional dynamic I'd not thought would be part of our relationship. But here we are and I'm loving this idea of my wife taking control in ways I've never anticipated she would.

Last night I had posted elsewhere for advice too and people began pointing to the cage gaps. I has somehow gotten it into my head that "closer gap = better", and instead I should have been relaxing the gap. Going to be doing some fresh measuring to help determine maximum gap size by going ball size. I know my ring is pretty good, the tube diameter is spot on, length is a little tricky given the foreskin/PA but with my Steelheart I've been in the right ballpark. Ball gap on this cage is tight (5mm top, 15mm base according to spec, mine is 5mm top, 16mm base).

At least these replies have given me new options and possibilities. All is not lost.

bondinchas likes this.
  15. Lisa43

Lisa43 Long term member

Retired
    USA,Maryland
    Local Time:
    I wish I could provide the perfect answer. For me a larger base ring and the use of a steel waist belt made the stainless steel Nub very comfortable. I regularly remove all hair with a rotary Norelco body shaver and apply body lotion. Everyone is different . Take care, Lisa

16. ChasteJase

ChasteJase Long term member

Local Time:
    I think ball gap is definitely a factor in this and I think the bigger gap is better for this issue in my own limited experience. 1/2" to 5/8" (12.7mm - 15.8) is probably the right range. I have smallish balls (I think) and that gap still works for me with my 40mm ring. I bent my Chinese cage to open up the gap to about that range. If I go custom, I will probably specify a 14mm gap. By reference, the standard 3/8" gap is about 9.5mm. Big difference.

Tarknassus likes this.
  17. Fatkid1

Fatkid1 Unquestionably devoted

Local Time:
    I have battling gap issues and the same irritation as you for 4 years. I have noticed that tighter pants are an issue for me. The fabric of the fly inside pushes thing the same direction constantly which gives me irritation on the opposite side as you. Shorter cages help this. I have found regular round rings work better for me than the anatomiic square bar rings. Also, the gape is easier to manage with a plain round ring. Just what I have found.

18. pseudonym of the sea

pseudonym of the sea Active member

Local Time:
    fwiw on shaving,
    for me I kept with it for a year or so and then the irritation from shaving just stopped.

19. Tarknassus

Dog Walker
    United Kingdom
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I doubt I could ever get to this stage. Spent a few hours yesterday sat there plucking away with tweezers, got some wax strips to finish the job tonight. I'm gonna see how that goes - amazingly smooth skin still. My hair grows fast when shaved, I'd be itching away right now if I'd shaved last night...

This is an interesting thought. I wonder if it's related to the side you naturally fall on (usually referring to "what side do you dress on?" in tailoring). I dress on my left, and the irritation always occurs on the right. Maybe it's an increased natural stress on the skin as well as my superhuman testicle! Another example is if I'm on the motorbike, the cage is often pushed to the right, into the affected area - could be adding to the pressure, and partly why I'm unlocking for work especially in the colder weather. But thankfully Spring is springing, and it's been getting warmer on average.

I'd be a 50mm ring at the minimum given a deep posterior scrotal area - I tried a 45mm and it all went a really funky colour so that was that. I've been racking my brains trying to find out if there's a way to calculate a rough ring gap between the lower part of the ring and cage for different tube/base ring diameters and gaps. I 'experimented' by setting my Steelheart to have a 10mm gap (instead of it's 5mm) and still gave me a still comfortable 19mm lower gap. My balls seem to measure around 26mm at the widest points - kinda weird putting a digital calliper to them this morning! I've been looking at returning to a "cage" cage, in particular the BAWR BA-21P with the PA attachment, and may go for an extra base ring, getting the typical 50mm I'm used to, and maybe a 52mm to see if that makes a difference too. The default gaps are 10mm on their cages, which is effectively double what I've got now. A wider tube than my Steelheart to accommodate the glans and foreskin as well. And finally to measure all the PA settings too - setback, foreskin, PA depth.... Argh!

A heck of a lot of factors to reassess in trying to get this right... I could have a doctorate in this stuff by the time I'm comfortably fitted!

20. MtnViper

MtnViper Long term member

Currently resting mind and body
    Arizona
    Local Time:
    I noted last night that I am fortunate that my scrotum folds neatly around my penis. Everything is smooth down behind.

My body found this alignment on its own.

Using a good lubricant may help others experience the same.

If the base ring is too big, perhaps folds and creases may form, resulting in rubbing and chaffing.

I obviously have much smaller anatomy, my base ring is only 1 5/8 inches (41.2 mm).

I didn't ignore chaffing but I did ignore MILD burning sensation, especially when everything was cold and tense, especially after first putting on base ring or cock ring.

21. bemfem

bemfem Long term member

Indiana, USA
    Local Time:
    You should have 0 pain when wearing your cock cage. I wear mine 24/7. I sleep in it, go to work in it to gym, do all stuff with absolutelly 0 pain. When my penis tries to get hard, I just feel a lot of pressure. Now my skin adjusted and I need less and less oitment around the ring too. I still use some oitmet, if i feel slight discomfort, but it usually goes away immediately. When I do normal activities, I don't even know I have a cage most of the time now.

It was miserable at the begining before I went with a custom cage. Problem is that all domensions are coupled, ring size, gap, cock tube length. It is almost imposible to get off-shelf device that fits. I wrote a simple guide if that helps you. I would sugeest custom cage.

https://www.chastitymansion.com/for...xpectations-for-24-7-cock-cage-wearing.45079/

In short, the ring has to be as small as possible. Ring is the base that holds everythng in place. As you try to get hard, the tissue will swell and base ring has to clamp it and hold it. Oval rings are more comfortable. Only one finger should fit in the ring in the flaccid state. If you are flaccid you should not feel the ring at all. When you get hard, your private parts can turn purple that is not a problem, don't worry about it, it will go back to normal. Gap is very important for confort, but it also has to prevent testicles from escaping. Cage has to be short !! your penis cannot be allowed to get hard, that eliminates a lot of force on the base ring. If you allow penis to get a bit hard, the muscle can put a lot of force on the ring. Good luck.

Paulwhy69 likes this.
  22. Oscarowitz

Oscarowitz Junior Member

Local Time:
    My first suspicion is that the metal in the ring is causing a galvanic reaction with the skin. A high quality stainless steel 316 or greater might be the answer.
    A magnet should not stick to any part of the device...as a rudimentary test.

MtnViper likes this.
  23. Hig4s

Hig4s Long term member

Local Time:
    I read that even high grade stainless contains some nickel and can cause irritation on some people, and titanium is reccomended.

24. Lakeman

Lakeman Long term member

Australia
    Local Time:
    10:11 AM
    Most people will be able to pull the penis out the back in any device,

25. Lakeman

Lakeman Long term member

Australia
    Local Time:
    10:11 AM
    He’s bought top quality custom devices, that’s as good steel as you’ll get. Titanium is also an option, although I think the issues are about fit for his anatomy.

Tarknassus likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice