BAW device review

Discussion in 'Badass Workroom' started by Lakeman, Mar 15, 2022.

1. Lakeman

Lakeman Long term member

Australia
    Local Time:
    8:48 AM
    I received my order yesterday, the BA-28F https://badassworkroom.com/collections/custom-chastity-cage/products/ba-28f?variant=40311444111548. You can also see videos of each of their devices on YouTube, just search for the model number.

Any comparison I make to other devices is compared to steel/titanium devices I’ve bought in the past from Mature Metal, Male Chastity Now, Steelworxx.

Quality
    Top shelf, right up there as good as other custom devices.

Custom flexibility
    By this I mean, to what extent is the maker prepared to vary from the designs offered. I’d rate this highly for BAW, what you see online can be mixed and matched, and varied. For example, I asked for a scrotum bar, although this was not shown on this model. It was done for me, at no extra cost.

He will also vary the width of the base ring, add extra bars, remove bars etc.

Uniqueness
    Why order more when you’ve already got devices that work? BAW do a scrotum bar, which as far as I know is unique to them. I wear a 54mm base ring, which means the occasional ball escape, as the gap between the base ring and cage with diameter of around 35mm is approx 20mm. The nifty scrotum ring (which is shown on some of his devices online) reduced that gap to around 12mm. It can be worn with or without the scrotum bar. It’s a bit fiddly putting the scrotum bar on (base ring first, then the bar, then the cage), is easier the more relaxed the sac is.

https://badassworkroom.com/collections/custom-chastity-cage/products/ba-04

This model came with a frenum piercing piece, again, can be worn with or without this. I got this in anticipation of getting the piercing. The way the piercing pieces fit is neat, the same way Rigid Chastity do theirs, attaching to one of the posts before the cage section goes on.

Value for money
    At $250 USD ($280 with the frenum piercing), BAW are excellent value, at the cheaper end of steel custom makers Titanium costs an extra $100.

Customer service
    Very good, responses received quickly either directly from website or email. Build and shipping times also good.

Overall
    Devices from China are usually the very cheap ones, with minimal ability to customise. BAW have changed that, and in my opinion could be the best custom steel maker around at the moment. And for all you Steelwerks Extreme fans, you may say they are better, and they may well be, but with their entry price at around $1,000 USD, that’s a very different category!

2. Lakeman

Lakeman Long term member

Australia
    Local Time:
    Here’s some photos of mine. I forgot to mention the BAW integrated lock is a bit different, not the usual brass locker, which I’ve shown in the photo for comparison.
    1EE4CE81-0991-497A-B6D1-EE0204B077BA.jpeg 7B995860-8222-4918-B2EF-A674CADDBA50.jpeg 1C8CD1E6-A5A3-4F68-B59C-DEFF1E07557D.jpeg 0E3B654C-97EE-48F5-A5B6-4B39AB68BD52.jpeg

Lockmeup1978, Iron78, Rectrix and 2 others like this.
  3. HouseboyForHer

HouseboyForHer Long term member

Nerd Techy with lots of Math
    U.S.
    Local Time:
    6:48 PM
    Your photo clearly shows the base ring has a nice curve to it, making it non-planar. Is that standard or did you request that? If the latter, how did you explain the shape you wanted? (It looks awesome.)

Also, it looks like standard cap screws hold the second ring on, and therefore it's possible to remove it anytime without unlocking the device. Is that true? Thanks!!

4. Lakeman

Lakeman Long term member

Australia
    Local Time:
    He has two options for the base ring, flat or curved. This is what you get if you select the curved option. Some makers call this an ergonomic shape.

Yes, the scrotum bar can be put on, or removed while the cage is locked on you.

HouseboyForHer and Perverspepere like this.
  5. HouseboyForHer

U.S.
    Local Time:
    Thank you! It seems a bit odd to be able to remove the scrotum bar if that's part of the overall security - such as preventing ball escapes. What do you value the bar doing in your case?

6. Lakeman

Lakeman Long term member

Australia
    Local Time:
    Yes, for that security you’d need to give the key for scrotum bar to a keyholder as well. He has another approach to this which I think is better, he calls it a scrotum pressing ring, he explains it here:
    https://badassworkroom.com/collections/custom-chastity-cage/products/ba-22

In this example, it’s part of a PA fitting, but it can be done without the PA prong, and can be requested I think for any of his designs. With this approach, it goes on over the pins for the cage, no separate screws, so works well for overall security to prevent ball escapes. It’s clever.

7. spoons

spoons New member

Local Time:
    I don’t mean to necro this post, but you’re one of the few folks I’ve seen who has this kind of bar. I’m really interested, it looks cool as heck. I’m not necessarily interested in it from a security standpoint (I have a piercing, anyway) but more as a way to help keep the cage in place/reduce “push out”.

Have you found this bar helps keep the cage in place/from slipping down your scrotum? Is it comfortable for long-term 24/7 wear?

8. Lakeman

Lakeman Long term member

Australia
    Local Time:
    Hi @spoons , I found this ring was too big and pressed too heavily on the scrotum. I replaced it with one with a smaller arc and that fitted directly onto the bar ring, like the one in this device (but without the PA prong).

https://badassworkroom.com/collections/custom-chastity-cage/products/ba-22

I’ve been wearing it 24/7 for the last month. I don’t have issues with cages slipping down the scrotum, so can’t comment on that, but for me it’s finally dealt with the occasional ball escape, meaning the device is truly inescapable, so I’m very happy.

9. HouseboyForHer

U.S.
    Local Time:
    I got the scrotum pressing ring, described above by @Lakeman, and it worked well at first. Integrated in to the design, its two holes slip over the tube's pins prior to the tube being fitted to the base ring. It started out super comfortable, but within a few hours (and one bike ride) it wore a sore in the skin at the base of my penis, right where the pressing ring was pressed into my skin. I now have a scar. Two weeks later, I tried it again under very controlled conditions, sitting at my desk, and again there was itching and burning in a couple of hours. Back to my Jail Bird.

(This is all happening because neither my Wife nor I like the look of the very prominent post on the front of the Jail Bird, where the security screw attaches the ring and the tube. Sigh.)

10. spoons

spoons New member

Local Time:
    @Lakeman @HouseboyForHer thanks for your feedback! Especially re:biking, I'm a big biker (both motor and otherwise) and not being able to sit comfortably on a saddle would be a dealbreaker. Looks like ill go without-- nbd. Thanks!

11. HouseboyForHer

U.S.
    Local Time:
    It's complicated. I ride tons (pedal-bike) with my Jail Bird. There's just something about the way the BAV pressing ring presses into my flesh as it is rapped around the ring 180 degrees. I've never had the problem with the Jail Bird. For that one the gap is bigger at 16mm and ball escape, while not possible, can be painfully attempted by the little fuckers.

But the owner and I are working on a better design. And he is making me a resin one to test.

12. HouseboyForHer

U.S.
    Local Time:
    Sometimes I wonder if the material for the pressing ring was not 304 SS, but something with some nickel in it, or the like.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice