What makes it an FLR/M?

Discussion in 'Female led relationships' started by Consensus, Mar 26, 2019.

Random Thread
  1. Consensus

Consensus Long term member

Working with vulnerable people
    UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    4:19 PM
    Forgive me if I missed a thread on this, I did look. But what, if anything, makes an FLR an FLR as opposed to, say, a vanilla relationship with a pushy partner? Or is the latter merely an unrecognised FLR?

Thanks in advance and, as I say, apologies if I missed something obvious.

LotionBoy likes this.
  2. Maid Denise

Maid Denise Maid for my Goddess

Retired
    New Port Richey, FL
    Local Time:
    11:19 AM

3. Maid Denise

Maid Denise Maid for my Goddess

Retired
    New Port Richey, FL
    Local Time:
    In a true FLR/M the Key Holder is in charge of everything from financial to your orgasms. You have given control to her. Every day is about keeping her happy . Not you.

4. Consensus

UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    So, a partner who has no interest in kink, nor in sex, nor in budgeting but holds the purse strings, would rather you didn't masturbate and whom you wish to impress, that's enough?

5. Unlucky

Unlucky Long term member

Local Time:
    8:19 AM
    The words 'true' and 'real' should be heavily restricted on this site since it seems like a vast majority of their uses are in fantasy bullshit or casually insulting everyone who doesn't agree with you. (e.g. this post)

Do you know what the letter 'L' stands for in FLR/FLM? Hint: It isn't "dominated". 24/7 D/S relationships are FLRs but not all FLRs are 24/7 D/S Relationships.

Dfberns and cagedjon like this.
  6. KittensProperty

KittensProperty Kitten's Happy Property

Retired (Twice) 20 yrs Marine and 22 yrs Mail Man
    Texas Hill Country
    Local Time:
    10:19 AM
    We are evolving into an FLM in most ways but I control the finances. She has short term memory problems simply will forget to pay the bills. We are retired and her Social Security is hers to spend as she pleases. My retirement pay from all sources goes into the general household budget and I don't spend anything not a necessity without her permission.

The chores are all up to me and she controls our day to day life including sex.

cagedjon, Maid Denise and Consensus like this.
  7. Consensus

UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Thank you to both of you for your insight, @Den737 and @KittensProperty - thank you also @Unlucky for your input.

My question is genuine, and borne of the fact that a few times now my relationship has been likened to an FLR. If it is, then I need to know that, so I can respond better. But if not, then there are big decisions to make.

So, yeah, does an FLR/M require some form of sex (or conscious and consensual denial thereof) to be so or not?

8. maid julie

maid julie Long term member

service tech
    NJ
    Local Time:
    I believe that would be up to her, Female Led, In my thoughts mean that she is the one to say what happens or is allowed and what is not.

Consensus likes this.
  9. Consensus

UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    So, @maid julie kinda if She says it isn't an FLR then it isn't but if She says it is, it is?

Sorry to be obtuse.

10. Ms Amanda

Ms Amanda Member

Person In Charge
    UK
    Local Time:
    I think this is a really interesting question. And I think the only real answer is that it's subjective. The main difference I suppose to a vanilla relationship with a pushy woman is that you have both agreed, I would expect at least verbally if not in writing, that the woman will be in control to varying degrees. That in itself also makes it a dominant/submissive relationship. I don't think all female led relationships have to contain a chastity element, just as any d/s relationship doesn't have to have s and m as a defining feature. I'd say it's mainly about control.

Consensus, Rectrix and cagedjon like this.
  11. Ms Amanda

Ms Amanda Member

Person In Charge
    UK
    Local Time:
    Sorry... I just re read the original post.
    An unrecognised flr is unlikely to contain all the elements of an flr, even with a pushy female. The majority of the world lives within a partirchal society and its hard to break away from the expected norms of how a man and a woman are supposed to perform those roles. After all, thats what makes it a bit kinky to begin with isn't it?

Consensus and Giles_English like this.
  12. Ms Amanda

Ms Amanda Member

Person In Charge
    UK
    Local Time:
    Predictive text? Wtf!

13. Unlucky

Unlucky Long term member

Local Time:
    8:19 AM
    To answer this question, I'd say probably respect and intent. In an FLR/M, the woman should understand that she's being granted control and she should use it for what is best for both of them. A pushy woman just selfishly wants her way.

14. maid julie

maid julie Long term member

service tech
    NJ
    Local Time:
    I believe that there are many different ways it can be a flr, but as I see it there are basically two different versions of it. The first being where it is talked about and agreed on between those involved and the other is where she just is naturally being the leader or top and doing things her way as she wants and the sub just lets things happen. Makes me think of the old remark that people would say, "We know who wears the pants in that family" Then there can be any mix of this in between. Another saying that this made me think of, " I chooses my battles".

Consensus likes this.
  15. Giles_English

Giles_English Chaste slave

Slave
    UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    3:19 PM
    There are no fixed definitions! However, I think that the main distinction is that in an FLR, the dynamic is openly recognised by both parties: "I'm in charge"/"Yes you are". This enables her to give instructions without pushing, nagging or bullying or feeling bad about it, and him to take instructions knowing that she respects and values him.

Having a pushy partner to whom you yield puts you in what I call an implicit FLR. This has all sorts of dangers and moral hazards for both parties, not least because of the issues around respect.

Specifically,

partner who has no interest in kink, nor in sex, nor in budgeting but holds the purse strings, would rather you didn't masturbate and whom you wish to impress, that's enough?​

I'd call that an implicit FLR. That doesn't make it a good thing. I will say that one advantage of an FLR is that the woman can explore her way to the kind of intimacy she actually enjoys.

Rectrix, GoddessG and Consensus like this.
  16. Consensus

UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Yes. Thank you. Implicit. And not necessarily a good thing. That.

This is why I was asking. I didn't always have the vocabulary, nor quite understand when I did, but having read stuff here I realised that I have been looking for an FLR/M all my life. With my wife I have an implicit one. One that, were I to raise it, would be refuted vehemently and would likely lead to a nasty altercation down the line if not divorce. No, not a good thing, but thank you for the definition, insofar as one can be made!

17. Giles_English

Slave
    UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    You are (a) making the assumption that she doesn't value the dynamic you do have, and (b) giving it away for free.

What you have at the moment isn't normal or reasonable. If she wants abnormal and unreasonable, that's great, but it should only be available through kink.

Consensus likes this.
  18. Consensus

UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    #18 Consensus, Mar 27, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
    Indeed. On (a) I know that she doesn't value it. She's said as much. I do too little, care about her needs too little, want too much from her and am too hard to live with due to what we now know is my ASD coupled with the fact I am a crossdresser (I dress very infrequently, last time was August last year while she and the children were on holiday, I was working).

We aren't divorced so far because she lacks the emotional energy to look for someone else and we lack the finances for me to move out. Oh, and we make good room mates, she says.

On (b) not quite. In return I get evenings free and the occasional meal when I get in from work. And the odd hug with a semi sympathetic ear for work stresses. And the children.

19. Giles_English

Slave
    UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    So actually, you aren't giving much away! I'm not sure it is an implicit FLR if you are not giving her things you want. It sounds awfully to me as if you have the kind of impasse that takes a positive decision to resolve.

Consensus likes this.
  20. Consensus

UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Heh, if only because I don't know how else to care or do more. I suspect an element of unrealistic expectations in terms of household chores, for example, and her needs are never explained. The best I ever got was back last October when we were discussing divorce when she said: "what if all I want is someone to do the pots, make the lunches, provide child-care and do the hoovering now and again?" I do all that and more. She doesn't really want what I have to give and, as you correctly point out, that's not much anyway.

And yes, an impasse. Not sure what positive decision I can reasonably hope for, to be honest. I hate making mistakes, they tend to make things worse. And every time I try to fix a mistake, or learn from it, I make a worse one that just sends everything going worse. Back in the day the magic of moving educational level helped in wiping slates clean and starting again. Adult, normal, life lacks such a mechanism.

In which case, I'm not in an implicit FLR either. Great.

Basically, I'm a bit shit really. Apologies for raising the thread, I'm not sure I've helped anything here and just learned something I kind of already knew. Bugger.

21. Ms Amanda

Ms Amanda Member

Person In Charge
    UK
    Local Time:
    Why don't you suggest an flr to your wife? Sounds like there's not much to lose?

Consensus and GoddessG like this.
  22. Consensus

UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I kinda used up my 'kink' talk points in December 2017 when we compromised that I could underdress provided she didn't have to see it. That was rescinded in April 2018 because her thinking about it made her too angry. It was briefly mentioned as something that was a bit too much in our discussion on divorce in October 2018, along with her displeasure that I kept going on about sex (last raised in November 2017). I'm not sure I can just 'bring up' an FLR. At least, not without losing everything.

23. GoddessG

Verified Female

Goddess and Keyholder
    UK
    Local Time:
    #23 GoddessG, Mar 27, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
    I feel for you, I am coming out of what was a loveless marriage (going through a divorce, will be final soon). We tried time and time again to make it work for the sake of the children. It got to a point for us whereby I said enough is enough. We weren't compatible in the bedroom and that is important, even though life gets in the way - the initial wow and connection should bubble even if even quietly.

My new partner (9 months however known hima long time/over a decade), I suspect he wants to cross dress and I've asked him as much. I've even sent by post a pair of my knickers to keep as his. I have a bag of clothing at his as he said to leave bits there; I've told him that he is welcome to wear what he wishes. If it makes him happy, I am happy. He says he isn't into cross dressing and just wants to be humiliated and controlled. If he wanted to cross dress I wouldn't think twice in offering to do up the bra for him and trying out makeup.

Life is too short. Be happy. Be you. Be your true you. Think about what you will gain, not what you may lose.

I hope I've not spoken out of turn and I apologise if I have :oops:

24. LotionBoy

LotionBoy Member

Local Time:
    OK, so here.....my sex is totally at the mercy and permission of my MRS. All else is mutual, or controlled by me.
    We aren't a bossed around husband couple. I love her for her strength, as she loves me for mine. Sexually.......she can grab my nuts and squeeze til I scream, turn me around and peg my ass. All good. We share power, it is good for us. I wish she were more powerful, but I am loving every minute of what I get. She just bought me a new, stainless steel cage! Will post pics when allowed.

25. sixofthebest

sixofthebest Long term member

In Early and Well-Earned Retirement
    Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
    Local Time:
    Consensus, Do a bit of an inventory on the comments you've received here. They should sound familiar to you. Not deciding, regardless of the fear of failure that haunts you, is only making you more miserable. Decide! Be true to yourself.

Jamie

Consensus and Rectrix like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice