We're All Pawns in an Enormous Financial Experiment

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by MtnViper, Oct 4, 2022.

1. MtnViper

MtnViper Long term member

Currently resting mind and body
    Arizona
    Local Time:
    6:56 AM
    Not for the faint of heart, proceed at your own risk:

The financial world has become so convoluted no one actually knows what it is going on, including the organizations reportedly in charge of them. Everything is now governed by "whats breaks next." It is a guessing game, or should I say betting game.

"All I can say is re-read what I have been saying all year about this being about more than just data; and I am told every goldbug, cryptonite, bond-bubble boy, equity enthusiast, derivative devil, property shill, and commodity compere is sitting on the side-lines --bleeding out-- and is waiting for the Fed to pivot in order to go all in on the next inflationary everything asset bubble...

"Can you imagine a world where savers get a 4-5% return and banks lend to firms making physical goods, generating decent returns for all? Is this science-fiction possible again? Not if we get a Fed pivot, of course. Then we fire up the everything bubble again instead."

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/u...-rate-hikes-and-switch-price-controls-instead

Those of us who are expendable pawns in the financial arena, which is 99% of the world's population, are left to wait for the sheeple and zombies to suddenly wake up and charge mindlessly to the four corners of the globe, leaving death and destruction in their wake.

This freaking sucks!!!

Meanwhile, politicians continue buying our votes, expecting a steady diet of "free money" to do it with. And voters will continue to vote for whomever promises the most "free stuff."

Out of frustration, voters will increasingly vote for nut jobs who promise something "new and different," which will be something (very ugly) we have seen before. I don't know a lot about history, but I am guessing the world is looking a lot like it did before WW2, post Great Depression.

The downfall of democracy is democracy, as voters will always, always, vote their own doom. It is human nature.

We all have to decide which liar to vote for, knowing no one is telling the truth, while not wanting to hear the truth.

Time for popcorn and a movie, with the movie visible outside our windows!

Pray, history doesn't repeat itself once again. Perhaps aliens will come to our rescue! ;-)

2. CagedJohn

CagedJohn Long term member

Missouri, USA
    Local Time:
    8:56 AM
  3. Jessica Alexander

Jessica Alexander Trans woman not a mistress or Dom

Houston
    Local Time:
    2:56 PM
    No one wants to think about this. They would rather dance to the music as the Titanic slowly slips beneath the icy waters. The US has about 18 trillion of bonds that mature in the next two years and more will have to be sold to maintain that debt. The problem is, they will have to pay WAY higher rates to attract buyers for those bonds and the cost of interest on debt is already the second largest expense that the govt has behind defense and it's possible that the govt may have to pay 3-4x more to refinance that debt. This could be absolutely catastrophic as interest payments could exceed tax revenues.

If the world experiences something as bad as the Great Depression, I think it will be far worse and billions around the world will perish from starvation alone.

4. Lazlo Toth

Lazlo Toth C/D on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale: 9/9

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    I agree. Financial Armageddon will fell us all before they can kill enough with the Covid shots.

A useful illustration is to take the current CBO (Congressional Budget Office) Numbers for the USA (tax receipts, expenditures, debt level, unfunded liabilities, etc. and SCALE them by removing 8 zeros.

Now imagine these scales numbers are your family’s financial situation. As you will see, bankruptcy is a certainty.

This party WILL end. And it’s gonna be extremely painful/deadly. The only question is when.

MtnViper and Dianna1395 like this.
  5. Dianna1395

Dianna1395 Long term member

IT
    Boston, Mass
    Local Time:
    9:56 AM
    Partly tied to the Covid 19 scam, but New South Wales has mandated cows be vaccinated with mRNA tech "Vaxxines" - and we have seen reports the mRNA transmits through breast milk of nursing mothers. (and that's bad for the child - might be fatal.)

https://www.nsw.gov.au/media-releases/nsw-fast-tracks-fmd-vaccine

So - we will all be vaccinated, like it or not. Just more Elites playing God.
    Anyone else play Halo? The original is enough: Think of The Flood.
    Recall there is historical evidence of Noah's Flood.
    Funny parallel, in a sense.

We might face the same problems here, these people are ruthless and egomaniacs, and we are just numbers to them.

Lazlo Toth likes this.
  6. MtnViper

Arizona
    Local Time:

There must be a total news blackout down there.

Lets see, we rushed through a vaccine(?) in an emergency, so now we can always shortcut the process?

They aren't letting the dust settle on the current vaccine, yet running full speed ahead with the technology. They want to make as much money before anyone finds a problem.

The mRNA vaccines don't prevent you from getting the disease, so how does that work with preventing livestock from getting infected?

We are getting back to they way it was before all the (costly) safeguards were put in place, forgetting why they were put in place. This has never happened before. /s

The polio vaccine has certainly proven itself, along with similar vaccines, but this new technology???

Lazlo Toth likes this.
  7. Jessica Alexander

Houston
    Local Time:
    MtnViper and Dianna1395 like this.
  8. CagedJohn

Missouri, USA
    Local Time:
    to all you conspiracy people who think covid is being used to kill us all, Id love some proof

or any proof of any weird claims. I dont believe anyone who cant give specifics

cause 'they' dont want you to

if youve ever dated a schizophrenic, you realize all conspiracy theorists talk just like people with schizophrenia

9. JaySaysYes

JaySaysYes I identify as someone that is always right

Local Time:
    The best known conspiracy theorist, Galileo Galilei, should serve as an example to us all.

Also, all those people that didn't believe Iraqi soldiers were throwing babies on the floor to steal incubators, or a decade later didn't believe that Iraq had WMDs and could strike London with just 45 mins notice were conspiracy theorists too.

Let's not queastion things because doing so ruins our reality, let's stick to the narrative since the science is always right and never changes.

As holiday season approaches, don't forget to stock up on fake snow...don't listen those conspiracy nuts that say it is harmful...

[​IMG]

remyruff and Dianna1395 like this.
  10. Dianna1395

IT
    Boston, Mass
    Local Time:
    More recently, Bill and Melinda Gates foundaiton killed and sterilized people in India using Psalk's vaccine. They were thrown out and sued, I don't know the resolution.

11. CagedJohn

Missouri, USA
    Local Time:
    wtf are you talking about?

Im not trying to be mean but you sound crazy

true42, MikeLocked and maid_carrie like this.
  12. CagedJohn

Missouri, USA
    Local Time:

or possibly the whole story

true42 and MikeLocked like this.
  13. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    John, the specific phrase “they are trying to kill us” might or might not be true. I, too, don’t recall any proof of that INTENT.

However there’s abundant truth and proof that the hastily implemented injection program has killed tens of thousands.

So was this criminal negligence or homicide?

I feel that is a debatable question.

But for me, intent matters little if I am killed by someone else’s action. If I die because someone is trying to help me or trying to kill me makes no difference.

So I acknowledge your point. But can you acknowledge mine that people are dying as a result of the injection program and that there is NO proof anyone was saved because of it?

14. Jessica Alexander

Houston
    Local Time:
    I don’t think Covid is a conspiracy to killl anyone but the WHO, NIH,US govt and pharma have done enough shady stuff to look very shady. The vaccine is still experimental as they are still learning new things about it and they they didn’t even know how many doses it would take when they started forcing it on people. They claimed it would stop the spread but all three times I got it, it was from a vaccinated person. My entire household is fully vaccinated and we all got it 3 times. Sure, it helps prevent serious illness but that is NO reason to force it on people in the name of public health.

This has caused a lack of confidence in the govt and the “experts’, which could be tragic next time we are in a pandemic. Not only has there been a lack of transparency, there has been an active campaign to suppress information that is inconvenient to their agenda.

SubSnuggler, Lazlo Toth and MtnViper like this.
  15. JaySaysYes

Local Time:
    Back in 1990 Iraq invaded Kuwait, and this girl gave testimony about her experience. A lot of people said it was bullshit, and it was.

A 15-year-old girl named “Nayirah” testified before the U.S. Congress that she had seen Iraqi soldiers pulling Kuwaiti babies from incubators, causing them to die. The testimony helped gain major public support for the 1991 Gulf War, but — despite protests that the dispute of this story was itself a conspiracy theory — it was later discovered that the testimony was false. The public relations firm Hill & Knowlton, which was in the employ of Citizens for a Free Kuwait, had arranged the testimony. It turned out that she had taken acting lessons on request of the CIA and was actually the niece of a major politician in Kuwait. Nayirah was later disclosed to be Nayirah al-Sabah, daughter of Saud bin Nasir Al-Sabah, Kuwaiti ambassador to the USA. The Congressional Human Rights Caucus, of which Congressman Tom Lantos was co-chairman, had been responsible for hosting Nurse Nayirah, and thereby popularizing her allegations. When the girl’s account was later challenged by independent human rights monitors, Lantos replied, “The notion that any of the witnesses brought to the caucus through the Kuwaiti Embassy would not be credible did not cross my mind… I have no basis for assuming that her story is not true, but the point goes beyond that. If one hypothesizes that the woman’s story is fictitious from A to Z, that in no way diminishes the avalanche of human rights violations.” Nevertheless, the senior Republican on the Human Rights Caucus, John Edward Porter, responded to the revelations “by saying that if he had known the girl was the ambassador’s daughter, he would not have allowed her to testify.”

Back in 2003, Iraq was invaded because they had WMDs and there was what is now known as the "dodgy dossier", which claimed Iraq could strrike London at 45 mins notices.

All lies.

Anyone that disagreed with these lies was dismissed as a conspiracy nut.

Even more recently, at the start of the russian/ukraine dispute, if you said it was a USA proviked proxy war then you were a conspiracy theroist, or if you said NATO was training Ukrainian Nazis, or even if you said there were nazis in Ukraine.

Now of course, with all these things, we know the conspiracy theorists were right to doubt the narrative.

remyruff, Lazlo Toth and Dianna1395 like this.
  16. CagedJohn

Missouri, USA
    Local Time:
    yes, never trust the media unless it agrees with you

true42 and MtnViper like this.
  17. JaySaysYes

Local Time:
    You should have left it at "yes, never trust the media".

Most are just government mouthpieces, they all have an agenda, and none can be trusted.

Joost Meerloo, before his time, told us this in his fantastic book "The Rape of the Mind". Even advertising is, as he said, just there to make us unhappy about what we already have.

I stay away from conspiracy theories, but I don't trust a damn thing the media or my government tell me.

Heck, if I didn't consume media I wouldn't know people were dying from a deadly pathogen or that there is a war thousands of miles away.

18. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    While we apparently disagree John, I have to like this point. The media are not to be trusted any more. Even if I agree with them.

How sad is that?

SubSnuggler, corsac and Dianna1395 like this.
  19. MtnViper

Arizona
    Local Time:

I recall decades ago at presidential press conferences, a reporter would ask a question, the president would decline to comment, and the next reporter would ask the same question, maybe using different words, with the same response. This would happen multiple times during a single press conference.

Are most reporters not particularly bright, or were they all reading from the same script?

We see now, that we have access to multiple news channels, that they all follow the same script, down to the words and phases they use.

I can't watch any news, because they try to make everything a crisis or shocking.

20. Dianna1395

IT
    Boston, Mass
    Local Time:
    "Funny" conspiracy theory bit, the Masons and Illuminati are fighting a millennia long war in the shadows. Illuminati believe only the Illuminated ones (Them) can "save" humanity. Masons supposedly wanted freedom - the "right" path for humanity. (We know "Freedom under the boot heel" as a concept... ;-) )
    But that's why you see things like the All-Seeing Eye on our currency (Back of $1 bill - on the pyramid.)

IDK if any of it is true, save that the organizations were real, did exist, and are part of the modern world in a few ways, like banking has its foundations with the Knights Templar, who are associated with one or the other group.

Knowing such things were real, it's easy to believe the Matrix is real. I mean, there's Harry Brown's book, "How I found freedom in an unfree world," for a "recent" example (1990s or so?)
    But ... We don't need no machines, it's just how things work.

The old legends of the Ninja come to mind, too - a threat to the right person, a blade in the right back, a bribe here and there - Not like this is hard to understand.
    All you need to do is start the avalanche, and the individual snowflakes do the damage. It's a "mass hysteria" of frozen water. ;-)
    And when it ends, who knows what's left?

So in comparison, humans might exist after all this dust is cleared - but what we will be, and why, and how we got there - too many variables for multivariate calculus, even. There's NO guessing, without the whole board visible.
    So you MAKE the whole board visible... Control ALL the media. Control ALL "The $cience!" ALL the education. Given the boom we had back around the early 1900s, it makes sense.
    Now, can we predict it? We only know people will follow the easiest path: Path of least resistance. We're on this ride until it ends, or we end. Can't take the responsibility of molding the world for the next 100 years; I often have issues with the next 100 SECONDS. "Quarter mile at a time."
    But some people can spin 100 plates at a time!
    And they are the dangerous ones, because they put a word in someone's ear, and - things happen.

"Will no one rid me of this cursed priest!" And so, the King's words carried, and knights went and killed Thomas Abecket, I think it was.... Which was a capital crime, and they were executed. But it wasn't a command on the King's part - people acted.
    Notice how actors command people well outside their sphere of expertise? Whereas, I'm an expert in computers, and yet - I know VERY little these days. My father, an expert chemist in fire and explosions, would testify on accidents - and not give any opinions outside his field. A Podiatrist shouldn't opine on gynecology details, for that matter.
    But we still likely know more than the actors.... "I'm not a doctor, but I play one on TV!"

Sorry, Rambling, it's been a day, and it's good to let the mind ponder things. there's just no final view to things, though, ruminating on a few puzzle pieces that are all upside down won't give you the picture you're trying to assemble. Probably why it's so frustrating to see this: The people in the Ivory Towers think they have all the answers, cannot think beyond that voice in their ear (Be it angel, devil, assassin, or dollar, or ego, or fame, or love, or ...)
    You cannot force a man to see something, when his income, love, position, depends on his NOT Seeing it.

corsac, Lazlo Toth and MtnViper like this.
  21. LockedTower

LockedTower Long term member

Corporate Stooge
    Minnesota, USA
    Local Time:
    Throughout history there have always been people who say the world is going to end, but it never seems to happen. Why would this time be any different just because you're the one saying it? Yawn.

Lazlo Toth likes this.
  22. Jessica Alexander

Houston
    Local Time:
    Throughout history, societies and empires have risen and crashed over and over. No one is saying the world is ending but if you are aware of the trends in de globalization, demographic collapse, unprecedented debt and rising world wide inflation, it’s a recipe for instability and very hard times.

We have had a long period of sustained prosperity and peace and too many people have forgotten or lost sight of how bad things can get.

23. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    You make a good point. But I think Jessica’s reply to you is a good answer.

Many people have no idea how bad even “the good old days” used to be.

Dianna1395 likes this.
  24. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    A few days ago I mentioned scaling down the USA economy to household size. That was lazy of me. So I did it this morning for us.

Imagine YOU have simply the same financial situation as the USA. Here is what May 2022 year to date CBO figures say.

You make $40,470 a year
    You spend $68,220 a year
    You owe $222,284
    You PROMISED to pay someone $2,050,000*

* unfunded liabilities like social security, etc.

What are your chances of avoiding bankruptcy?

Financially? We are fucked.

25. MtnViper

Arizona
    Local Time:
    But it's different this time, from all those other times when governments spent too much, or printed too much money. /s

People are thinking wages going up rapidly is a good thing, but that means prices must continue to go up to compensate.

People are/were more than happy to pay more than asking price for homes and vehicles. Talk about FOMO. bulbs anyone.

Politicians are spending money like they can't possibly run out. All they care about is buying the next election.

This further drives inflation as people are not motivated to reduce spending, just the opposite.

corsac likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice