We're All Pawns in an Enormous Financial Experiment

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by MtnViper, Oct 4, 2022.

1. Lazlo Toth

Lazlo Toth C/D on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale: 9/9

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    6:30 AM
    Thank you!

2. L-u-c-y

Staff Member Owner of Chastity Mansion Administrator Verified Female

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    2:30 PM
    PayPal walked back its threat to fine people $2,500 for disinformation... but it still fines people $2,500 for whatever it deems as "discrimination" and "intolerance."

The policy is active NOW.

Bye bye paypal. I am cancelling my account.

Fe0XPRSVIAAcE1S (1).jpg

Dianna1395 and remyruff like this.
  3. expsubcpl

expsubcpl Member

Local Time:
    7:30 AM
    Man this is a cheery thread - I’m not quite such a conspiracy theorist, am firm believer in science but do believe that since the time of Reagan / Thatcher and probably we’ll before - there has been an implicit and explicit drive to transfer wealth from less wealthy to the more wealthy. The epitome of this is that fact the three richest families in the US own more wealth than the bottom 1/2 of the country and that during the last year (well maybe discounting the last couple of months) the top 1% gained something like $6.5T.

The country is continually less of a democracy and more of a corporate oligarchy with politicians just being complicit in both ensuring the wealth transfer continues and we are continually distracted from caring / noticing by culture wars, media frenzies, scare tactics and the prospect of an extra dollar here or there. We continue to be taught that economic success should be measured by the DOW (when it’s influence is heavily skewed to the wealthy), that tax cuts benefit us (a when it’s influence is heavily skewed to the wealthy). As somebody pointed out if we were a household budget we’d be bankrupt anytime soon - and as most people who are into chastity seem to be in there 50’s - we should realize that the major cost saving left that contribute to the transfer of wealth to the rich are the entitlement programs of medicare/medicaid and social security - so you can expect to see them twisted into some private equity program for your ostensible benefit but ultimate loss.

The vast majority of politicians are caught in this and until there is some very significant overhauls - which are very unlikely - you can expect we’ll mainly be below decks as the ship sinks under water

corsac, MtnViper and Lazlo Toth like this.
  4. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    I am immeasurably grateful you made this distinction. I freely admit I thought their recanting of the “disinformation” fine was the end of it.

May this company rot.

5. L-u-c-y

Staff Member Owner of Chastity Mansion Administrator Verified Female

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    I don't get why people always say this. Everyone believes in some conspiracy or other.

Conspiracies are a normal part of business and politics.

Lazlo Toth likes this.
  6. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    I, for one, am glad you joined this thread.

That the Mansion is revealing a swelling of TRUE freedom loving speech, I’m loving it more than ever.

As for conspiracy theories: We here are not espousing them. We are destroying them.

Be a joyful part of freedom good couple.

Laz

remyruff likes this.
  7. expsubcpl

expsubcpl Member

Local Time:
    I did say “not quite” - there are degrees to everything :)

L-u-c-y likes this.
  8. MtnViper

MtnViper Long term member

Currently resting mind and body
    Arizona
    Local Time:
    You mean the top 0.1%! ;-)

US-wealth-effect-monitor-2022-09-26-category_per_household_.png

https://wolfstreet.com/2022/09/26/m...-bonds-reduce-outrageous-us-wealth-disparity/

Most of the relatively "wealthy" are in the same boat as us. That is why I cautioned about listening to those who want to divide us by economic status.

The democrats have been trying to create class warfare, when Obama owns a $12 million vacation home, Nancy Pelosi net worth is stated to be $120 million, if accurate.

I believe it was on MarketWatch yesterday someone making six figures was living paycheck to paycheck; obviously living beyond their means and trying to keep up with the Jone's.

Dianna1395, Lazlo Toth and expsubcpl like this.
  9. expsubcpl

expsubcpl Member

Local Time:
    Pretty much all the ‘old guard’ politicians are very well off compared to the people they represent (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_members_of_the_United_States_Congress_by_wealth) - how they can neither restrict their ability to profit on insider stock trading (I think Pelosi portfolio went up 67% last year) or think they understand how the remaining 95% have to balance their budget. Conservatively if you are sitting on $40M you have income of around $2m without lifting a finger.

The continuous movement of wealth has been sponsored / enabled by both democrats and republicans- they all profit too.

You have to sit back and ponder the enormity of the statement that the 3 wealthiest families have more wealth than over 150 million other people in the US

10. JaySaysYes

JaySaysYes I identify as someone that is always right

Local Time:
  11. locked_sheila

locked_sheila Long term member

Local Time:
    Yep, a slippery slope. The problem comes from who defines what intolerance actually is, and what is acceptable one day can very quickly become unacceptable the next.

Disinformation is easier - you just need to show that something isn't true so there is a right or wrong, and most acts of threatening / hate are dealt with in other ways.

Being able to be fined by someone else for putting out an opinion if 'they' deem it unacceptable is the start of stopping someone being able to speak.

Dianna1395 likes this.
  12. Dianna1395

Dianna1395 Long term member

IT
    Boston, Mass
    Local Time:
    9:30 AM
    Heard it on Reddit... Under "In the News" - the headline was, "Republican Tulsi Gabbard leaves Democrat party."

Now, I know we get a LOT of partisan BS, but this is an insane take, and underscores the Dem's view that anyone NOT in lockstep is "The Other," and a valid target.

Amazing to me they cannot see that a centralized power, demanding compliance, using force to gain that compliance, marginalizing anyone NOT in lockstep - is LITERALLY a Fascist regime.
    They should just get i their little Dalek tanks, and admit what they are...

13. Dianna1395

IT
    Boston, Mass
    Local Time:
    Excellent video.
    Sadly the process will be too far gone before the sheeple realize they need to do something. Henny Penny always gets eaten by Foxy Loxy.

Worst part is, history shows us it's not IF these rules will be misused - only WHEN, and BY WHOM. Those who wish to rule are all of the same type, all the same animal, in a sense. ISIS members are no different from Democrats or Republicans in USA. I'm sure the Brits would see the same of the Tories and the Labor party, if they peel the skin of the onion... They're both Ogres, one has green skin, one gray, but they're still OGRES.

How people can either NOT SEE, or NOT CARE, I do not understand.

And now, there is no place to run to. No countries are safe from the lunacy.

14. Dianna1395

IT
    Boston, Mass
    Local Time:
    Who decides what is "misinformation?"
    CD says masks are important, then they're not, then wear TWO masks, then only one... Quarantine for two weeks, oh - one is OK, or 5 days...
    One vaccine and done!
    No, need a follow-up dose.
    No, need a booster for the "new" type.
    No, need TWO boosters because of "breakthrough"
    No, need a REGULAR VACCINATION every 4 months...

Giant Meteor 2024. "You're my only hope..." :p

15. Dianna1395

IT
    Boston, Mass
    Local Time:
  16. Dianna1395

IT
    Boston, Mass
    Local Time:
    Sadly, the people who MOST NEED this lesson, won't listen.

17. Dianna1395

IT
    Boston, Mass
    Local Time:
    Yeah, it's all in the "2a" section, all insane.
    Can't get estrogen with PayPal. Let alone Testosterone, which is OTC in Mexico, I'm told. It's all about CONTROL. Not our health.
    Like outlawing Marijuana, it wasn't about people getting high. It was about stopping blacks from getting high, and protecting US manufacturing: Hemp is useful. Blacks were going to become monsters while high! ("Reefer Madness." SOB KNEW he fudged his story, and when the troops ion Vietnam refused to fight because they were high, we got the "Gateway Drug!!!" BS. Such "moralists" - in quotes because they're absolutely IMMORAL - should be held accountable.)

ALWAYS relevant:
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. They may be more likely to go to Heaven yet at the same time likelier to make a Hell of earth. This very kindness stings with intolerable insult. To be "cured" against one's will and cured of states which we may not regard as disease is to be put on a level of those who have not yet reached the age of reason or those who never will; to be classed with infants, imbeciles, and domestic animals.”

― C.S. Lewis, God in the Dock: Essays on Theology (Making of Modern Theology)

18. locked_sheila

locked_sheila Long term member

Local Time:
    I've tried reading Ts and C's, but always love it when there is one that says 'we reserve the right to change the Terms and conditions at any point in the future'.

It's a shame individuals can't identify conditions they can opt out of.

I've also been caught out by my reading of a condition, which read one way meant something completely different to how they then said it.

Dianna1395 likes this.
  19. Dianna1395

IT
    Boston, Mass
    Local Time:
    Had to break out several lines for easier reading. ;-)

As many of us are capable and Dominant, as demonstrated by real life positions and families, we need to be aware of the ramifications of what is happening in Town Hall, and the world is now Town Hall... We cannot take care of those who trust us, if we aren't paying attention.
    It is damn near impossible to be worthy of such trust these days, when we have already seen the banks "switch off" people's accounts.
    If you haven't read the Bracken trilogy, look it up on Amazon. "Enemies, Foreign and Domestic" is the first book.
    Short summary: We ain't seen nothin' yet.
    And people trust us with their lives...

Yes, there's a word for the merger of state and corporation...

Not sure about this. Income taxes affect middle and lower classes. Easier to fleece people earning JUST OVER BROKE (Job) money than those who are wealthy, anyway. People with real assets? The assets reflect the value someone will pay for them. Land, metals, facilities, communications networks - these aren't taxed like income. So the tax cuts might seem to help those earning more, but that happens almost regardless of what happens to the middle and lower classes.
    And with the tax rate cut, people on the lower ends have the potential to invest and get out of their bad situations. Whether it's an investment outright, or education or trade skills, is irrelevant.
    But if you're taxed or inflated to the point of starving - That was the Jizyah tax, it's so much you cannot afford to leave... Why might someone want people taxed so heavily?

I expect to see euthanasia come about, honestly. Need to ration who has care, only those IMPORTANT, like a GWBush, would be WORTHY of the limited resources... This was a plot point in "The Purge," "Utopia," "Brave New World," even back to "Logan's Run." Such economics apply on the battlefield and in a hospital, especially after a disaster. Who can be saved, at what cost? You can save a person's life, and legs, at a cost of 18 hours of surgery and months or years of therapy... But there are 15 other people who will die if you do this. They need time in the OR, too. You need a triage to find out who needs pain killers, and who needs to go to surgery. And this is persona, as my father was drowning in his own blood for several hours, while they saw to others who needed to get their splinters seen to... Because the ACA was going into effect, "had to" prioritize those who were on public assistance. Loss of one Republican voter, against 15, 30, whatever, Democrat voters? Well, he lived in a Blue state. They're GOOD at deciding who is and is not WORTHY of care... (Now, in their defense, he was also in his 70s, and a lifelong smoker, BUT you don't leave someone vomiting blood for HOURS, on a gurney, unchecked, no blankets, in winter, because of fucking DATES AND TIMES. You falsify records, maybe - give people the necessary care - but you prioritize those with severe illness and injury. Morristown Memorial ain't so good a hospital.)

Honestly, has worked this way since Chief Ug had Thack "deal with" Ung for the chance to pound Ung's wife... Prostitution is the oldest profession. Murder for hire is the second oldest, and differs only be a few degrees...

How do we improve the Human condition, though? So far, the BEST has been religion, with threats of eternal damnation... and it has a lot of, umm, "Drawbacks," as well... All sorts of "baggage."
    Without the idea of someone who will see what you do in private, though, and hold you accountable - you're limited to only what you can get away with.
    Note that video above on John's money, and how - without (or even WITH) God in the equation (which god is mostly irrelevant, Satanism a little Sus), the state will assume that role of God. Read the First Commandment, the important part for this being, "There is no God but God." Take it in philosophical sense; as Christ said, "you cannot serve two masters. You will love on and hate the other."
    Those on Government serve Government; THAT is their god. Aspects of Control, Acquisition of Wealth and Position and Power - all fungible one to the other - all for the sole purpose of RULE, controlling others.

THAT is their god. And they serve with a Zealot's fervor.
    And I don't see a way to change it,. I quoted C.S. Lewis above, I'll insert it here, too, and for the same reason...

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. They may be more likely to go to Heaven yet at the same time likelier to make a Hell of earth. This very kindness stings with intolerable insult. To be "cured" against one's will and cured of states which we may not regard as disease is to be put on a level of those who have not yet reached the age of reason or those who never will; to be classed with infants, imbeciles, and domestic animals.”
    ― C.S. Lewis, God in the Dock: Essays on Theology (Making of Modern Theology)

Remember that the empty barrel makes the most noise. I.E., those with the least to say, talk the most. I'm all but mute in real life...
    You can make your own decision here.
    But - the politicians, the pundits, the talking heads - they LOVE to make noise! And when you strip it down.... They've said almost nothing. Sometimes, absolutely nothing...

It's all smoke and mirrors, noise, fluff, pablum...

20. Dianna1395

IT
    Boston, Mass
    Local Time:
    This describes ME, actually. While the situation has changed, housing was selected on housing two families in a decent house. Four adults, one child arrived while here. Half my income goes to housing. Two of the adults didn't work...
    We don't eat out. Don't order out. I was the one doing all the cooking, so I'd know. Not clothes horses, not driving fancy new cars (One new jeep, now two years old), and we're heated by oil - the last winter was brutal, this one will be worse. I'm main earner. Got wiped out once already taking care of these people... We're pushing off the jeep payment, the rent, and we just refilled the oil for heat... Payday is Friday, I believe. The woman can't earn more, I can't earn more, the infant and her dad are gone now (Family squabble, the other half is bipolar.) The girl has had more jobs at 27 than I've had in the last decade. She gets fired a lot... But there's such a squeeze on housing in the Boston area, we can't move and spend less (even ignoring the lease issue: We're here until July.)

But when people talk about "the rich" - they're talking about me. And I cannot explain to my coworkers that: They've got TWO incomes in the 6 figure range; that second income is ALL GRAVY. It just doesn't register to them, that when renting a ROOM is $1,000 a month - renting a HOUSE for $4,000/month, with a growing family, isn't out of line. And two bedroom apartments are still $2,500 or more.

We're being squeezed into being one big class of Proles, and it cannot continue - unless you get a SIGNIFICANT population reduction. A Purge. Something to hide the problem... Like a war.
    Almost like we're living that right now...

21. MtnViper

Arizona
    Local Time:
    I wasn't able to wade through this long and technical article, but the bullet points at the start caught my attention.

The website is trying to sell you precious metals, so there is a bias of some kind. That doesn't mean the information is automatically false or inaccurate.

This article identifies the principal elements leading us into a global financial crisis. Behind it all is the threat from a new trend of rising interest rates, and the natural desire of commercial banks everywhere to reduce their exposure to falling financial asset values both on their balance sheets and held as loan collateral. And there are specific problems areas, which we can identify:

• It should be noted that the phenomenal growth of OTC derivatives and regulated futures has been against a background of generally declining interest rates since the mid-eighties. That trend is now reversing, so we must expect the $600 trillion of global OTC derivatives and a further $100 trillion of futures to contract as banks reduce their derivative exposure. In the last two weeks, we have seen the consequences for the gilt market in London, warning us of other problem areas to come.
    • Commercial banks are over-leveraged, with notable weak spots in the Eurozone, Japan, and the UK. It will be something of a miracle if banks in these jurisdictions manage to survive contracting bank credit and derivative blow-ups. If they are not prevented, even the better capitalised American banks might not be safe.
    • Central banks are mandated to rescue the financial system in troubled times. However, we find that the ECB and its entire euro system of national central banks, the Bank of Japan, and the US Fed are all deeply in negative equity and in no condition to underwrite the financial system in this rising interest rate environment.
    The problem is that global central banks have basically been providing free money to their primary borrowers, to-big-to-fail financial institutions, for a decade(s). This created the Great Financial Crisis and the current Everything Bubble, with the latter beginning to collapse.

You and I, if we have used a credit card for example, haven't had access to this free money, far from it.

Now all these institutions have to adjust to having to pay for the money they have borrowed, while finding new ways of making money on their investments. Actually, adapt back to the way things were before interest rates were near zero.

Those who put money in savings have been losing money at the rate of inflation for the past decade. If you saved $100US in 2010 it is now effectively worth less than $84US, in purchasing power. (The calculator only goes up to 2020, before inflation started spiking. This webpage has chart for 2000-March 2022)

Lots of companies and governments have piled on dept over the past decade, and now that money will become very expensive. There are a lot of companies that are only still in business because they could borrow money cheaply; commonly called zombies. Others relied on investors to access this cheap money and invest it in their company that has never made a profit, and in some cases never sold a product.

A lot of companies have been borrowing lots of money to buy back their own stocks, making their stocks more attractive to investors. Now these companies owe lots of money, and/or blew their profits on these stock buy backs.

So increasing numbers of layoffs are possible, if not likely. I hope not, but...

Is this a conspiracy? Was it done on purpose? All I know is, people have been forecasting this event for several years; I've assumed it would occur for the past decade. Sooner or later, printing too much money always comes back to bite you.

Did the powers that be really believe this time would be different?

At a minimum, the powers that be have likely harmed us all.

The UK is likely an example of what is in store for many governments. If you don't know, the UK government recently decided to spend more money and collect less money, while borrowing more money, and investors said NO. This caused the UK government to do a 180, change plans, and fire someone.

The US is and will increasingly be spending more money on debt than it spends on most of it departments.

What are we to do? Cut expenses and save money. You can stock up on food, but if your neighbors know you have it... Read up on cold weather survival; how to keep warm with little or no heat. Forget the idea of everyone sleeping in their own big bed and room; it is my understanding we didn't before the days of central heating.

I've been fortunate to have been through military style cold, not Arctic, weather training several times. I've spent long periods of time in a summer rated tent without heat with temperatures below freezing, and not suffered frost bite. I did have a good cold weather sleeping bag, but blankets and layered clothing also help. A house has much more insulation than a tent. (Especially with children, ensure good ventilation around face.)

I am presuming governments haven't been advising people in Europe how to deal with loss of heat, not wanting people to panic and revolt.

An interesting side note. In the book Memoirs of a Geisha the other brothels figured out the main character's brothel had extra food not by what they did, but by what they didn't do. Everyone but them was digging through the trash piles for food. This was during the later part of WW2. That is why I have mentioned the desirability of invisibility, which isn't an option for 99.9% of us. (The book is historical fiction, and this part seems very believable if you think about it.)

Dianna1395 and expsubcpl like this.
  22. expsubcpl

expsubcpl Member

Local Time:
    Just for clarity the ‘fire someone’ - Kwasi Kwarteng has been sacked as Britain's Chancellor of the Exchequer - the equivalent of the Treasury Secretary - after 38 days - the PM is looking on very rocky ground.

I suppose one view of what happened in the UK is the private banking institutions swayed (caused a u-turn) in elected government policy - so where does the power lie…

Dianna1395 and MtnViper like this.
  23. MtnViper

Arizona
    Local Time:
    Here is an insightful and informative look at our current Western world from a monetary and social perspective.

Spoiler alert, the following paragraph is the summation of the article!

"The transition from fantasy to reality is going to be extremely painful, not just financially but psychologically for a whole generation that imagined they could live a life untethered from all norms and rules of the past. The truth is that the dollar-based world has been living a 14-year lie. That truth is going to be a hard pill to swallow, harder to digest than Adderall, more difficult to play than League of Legends, but much more in keeping with a sustainable prosperity in the long run."
    The title doesn't do the article justice: The Age Of Easy Money Is Over

SubSnuggler and Lazlo Toth like this.
  24. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    I agree that the party is over. What cannot go on forever—won’t.

To me it’s a matter how you want to label the party’s end: Collapse? Reset? Too much debt? Easy money supply?

I feel sorry for future generations. The group in charge right now—who are claiming to do things for our own good and saving the planet—have done the most to destroy it.

The hole is too deep I’m afraid.

Dianna1395 likes this.
  25. SubSnuggler

SubSnuggler Owned by Mistress2and4you

USA
    Local Time:
    8:30 AM
    Years ago, I gave a pile of cash to an money manager. I told him, this money comes with a few expectations. One, that you understand I will never give you another dime unless I sell some assets (it's happened twice in 15 years). Two, you will pay yourself out of this and never send me a bill. Three, I will never call and ask you what the balance is. And four, when I call it will only be to tell you how much money I need for my kid's tuition.

I've got... lots.... of kids now and each year I call for a Corvette's worth of money and he sends it. That is literally my only expectation from him.

All my disposable income goes to assets: houses, cars, guns, more cars, land, tools, tractors, etc. If someone extends me low-interest credit, I immediately take it. It's better than parking the money in the bank and losing it in inflation. Nowadays I have a huge house and lots of land to be paid off in a couple of years, multiple other houses paid off and generating rental income, and my daily driver car is worth more than my first house (which was a two story with a 5 car shop, a pool, and land). Yes I was fortunate to get an inheritance but I've always been a high earner and so has my Wife. But my philosophy has always been to understand the future value of money and use inflation to gain wealth. Hopefully the FED will be abolished and the US gov't will adopt sane spending philosophies, but I don't believe in the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy either. In the meantime I will continue to leverage inflation in my favor as it's worked so far.

Dianna1395 and Lazlo Toth like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice