Signs of Top/subspace

Discussion in 'Female led relationships' started by Breathe, Jul 8, 2018.

Random Thread
  1. Breathe

Breathe Be true to yourself

United States
    Local Time:
    10:29 PM
    I'm curious about what signals you've noticed in yourself or your partner when the respective Top or subspaces occur.

For Me, I've noticed My hands get twitchy. I also grit My teeth sometimes. My voice gets a bit deeper and My words more explicit... soft, yet commanding and firm. My breaths become regimented and I am laser-focused on what I'm doing and how I'm doing it. Almost like runner's high. The entire world stops and nothing else is on My mind other than using him for My pleasure and doing whatever the hell I want. It's a wonderful 'alternate' reality.

For him, I've seen his facial features soften... yet furrowed brows are common when he's fighting the edge. His breaths hitch where Mine become more regular. There have been times when I actually had to tell him to breathe because he's so overcome that it just kinda stops, ha. My favorite sign, however, is the way his pupils dilate when he bottoms out. There's a moment every time we have sex where the dynamic takes hold so strongly that I can literally see evidence of endorphins coursing through his body. Seeing his pupils flush wide open gives Me a satisfied grin every time I see it happen. There's no faking that.

What are some signs you've experienced?

2. Mistress Jules

Mistress Jules Professional Dominatrix and Owner of Lockit
    Staff Member Administrator Verified Female

Company Director and Professional Dominatrix
    Scotland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    5:29 AM
    I remember well the first time @lockit and I played at Club Pedestal. I knew about subspace, I didn't know about Domme Drop.

What a great night we had, it was just perfect. Then on the way home in the car I started feeling woozy and desperately needed a drink. I was crashing like a stone.

Thankfully because I was so new to this, @lockit had not suffered any ill effects that time. Bless him, he screeched to a halt beside the first shop that was open. What we hadn't realised is that the shop also did a nice sideline in recreational drugs. He ran out and got me water and chocolate and hurried back, running the gauntlet of dealers offering him all manner of things.

Luckily we know how to deal with both drops much better now lol.

Mark Owen, Allen1987, slave_m and 3 others like this.
  3. Breathe

Breathe Be true to yourself

United States
    Local Time:
    I know what you mean, @Mistress Jules. The first time Topdrop hit Me was exhausting - and very confusing. It's been rewarding to learn My personal triggers and implement aftercare regimens that keep us both cozy afterwards. I am interested to know more about your thoughts on drop in this slightly vacant thread, if you're game! Chocolate sounds like a lovely remedy to start, by the way.

As for this one, are there any particular sensations or physical signs you two associate with your Top/subspaces? lockit sounds well-trained so I'm sure you two produce some nice music when together. :D

I'm rather curious about the way other people feel regarding the mental and physical manifestations of those moments where the power exchange is in full force... even if it's subtle.

Another one for us would be the tiny twitch of a smile he gets when his deference is clear in conversation. There's this oh-so-slight head tilt that comes with it and for some reason it gives Me a little rush to see him swirling like that

Digital likes this.
  4. PouchPantyLover

PouchPantyLover Long term member

Hawaii
    Local Time:
    6:29 PM
    I'm afraid I'm not aware of the terminology so I'm not sure if my comments are part of the discussion you are looking for. I found the moments where she was most in her dominant head-space and I was in my most submissive head space were punishment spankings. It's why I have a kind of love-hate relationship with them. It's hard to describe but her wrath and fury were real and when she embraced them she was wickedly effective at punishment. I would have my fight/flight reflex screaming in my ear to get up and stop her or run away. Resisting that urge when it's all you want is hard and part of what made me feel most submissive. When she was done and I would crawl to her and apologize/thank her she was supremely in control and I was completely under it. Whatever she demanded in that moment would be hers. I never really experienced a drop afterwards, I'm not sure if she did. She never mentioned it.

Breathe likes this.
  5. nikkel

nikkel Long term member

Calgary Alberta
    Local Time:
    While I have experienced sub space , yesterday was the first time I had heard of sub drop. I googled it , and found it fascinating. I realize I have felt it several times.

I'm still learning about all it's effects.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice