Probably won’t be hanging around here too much anymore

Discussion in 'Journals and blogs' started by Shepherdsflock, Mar 29, 2018.

Random Thread
  1. Guest 3729

Guest 3729 Long term member

Local Time:
    8:44 PM
    I'm glad to hear that things are much clearer to you now and I'm sure you and your wife must be much happier with you both having the truth out. That must have been very difficult but I imagine a major stress lifted off you and now to figure out where you go from here. The Mansion will still be a good place for you given a lot of the other TG women here. So there really is no reason for you to leave, stick around you are well liked! I honestly think that life will change for both you and your wife drastically but in a very good way and the two of you will connect like never before. I wish you both the best!

Panda2010 likes this.
  2. MareeK

MareeK Crossed and Confused

New Zealand
    Local Time:
    2:44 PM
    I am glad you are still here and posted this update. I must have missed your initial post and must say that your situation seems very familiar, and I'm going to approach my doctor for HRT advice. Not to actively transition but to suppress my libido and hopefully assist me in feeling more settled.

Would you be prepared to share what you have been prescribed, so I know a bit more about what sort of thing to discuss with my doctor? Feel free to PM details if you don't wish to post.

Please stay around and keep us updated on your experience.

M x

3. demale

demale Long term member

Semi-retired
    Massachusetts
    Local Time:
    10:44 PM
    Am very happy for you. My wife has been feminizing me from the inside out for a year now and it has been a wonderful experience. Since she doesn't want me to appear female to family and friends she has transformed me into a soft male who looks a bit effeminate on the outside but is a woman beneath my pastel clothes, all silky smooth with clear lipstick and nail polish. The changeover has made me much more docile and submissive. I do dress en femme among her friends, whom I service orally as directed. I'm more content than I've ever been. Best of luck to you and your wife.

4. Shepherdsflock

Shepherdsflock Long term member

Local Time:
    9:44 PM
    I will share most things, but there are some details I will not.

I was prescribed Spirolactone as an androgen blocker, and Estradiol as an estrogen. I will not discuss dosage, because there are people searching the Internet for dosage information so they can obtain medications illegally and self medicate (which is very dangerous and I don’t want to be responsible for).

My experience so far has been far beyond my expectations. In fact your comment about feeling “settled” makes a lot of sense to me now. I feel SO much better even on the initial low dosage that I question whether I really need to go much further. I feel so close to “okay” for the first time in my life that I am wondering if I would be happy just to present as a somewhat feminine man and not go all the way with transitioning to female.

At the same time, though, I am not ruling out that the improvements in emotional and mental stability could strengthen the desire to go further. I don’t know yet, I am less than two full weeks into the journey.

Physical changes have been mostly minimal. The biggest change has been a decrease in eating and a corresponding weight loss of 4 lbs. I attribute this to me being a “stress eater” and my huge drop in stress levels. I feel so much calmer, and my wife really notices it. I have also seen my eczema clear up entirely, something that has not happened in the 17 years that I have suffered from it.

My muscles, especially large muscles like quadriceps, sometimes feel a little weak like I have been exercising when I haven’t. Nothing terrible or debilitating, but I think I am starting to lose a small amount of muscle mass. Nothing that I can notice visually yet.

There are a few spots on my body where I can tell my skin has softened just a tad. Not huge differences, but I discern a very small change.

The best change, though, is a very noticeable drop in libido. It’s not gone entirely. If my “normal” baseline libido is 100%, I would say I’m around 50% right now. Most of the time I’m not thinking about or interested in sexual things, but can get there if I want to. I feel like I have control over my libido, rather than the other way around.

Spontaneous erections have stopped except for occasional nocturnal erections. I can still get hard, but it takes a bit longer. I was curious yesterday how much my ability to get an erection had changed and decided to do something I normally avoid: I tried masturbating. It took probably 3 minutes of continuous stimulation to get hard. A couple of times along the way I was losing interest and thought about stopping. The urge to keep going just wasn’t there. But I pressed on because I wanted to know if anything else had changed. It probably took another 5 minutes of stimulation to reach orgasm. The orgasm felt normal, no reduction in intensity. The level of fluid output seemed about normal, no reduction there yet.

I will say that you will have a tough time getting anything if you say you have zero interest in transitioning. Before I came out to my wife, I actually tried to just get androgen blockers and no estrogen. I told the clinic that I just wanted to reduce libido and not transition. Their response was that I didn’t meet the WPATH criteria for HRT and they referred me to a urologist. That got me nowhere.

If you don’t want to transition, I would recommend saying that you are non-binary or gender fluid or something like that. If you say you identify as male and just want reduced libido, you will get nowhere.

One thing you need to do immediately if you really want to pursue HRT is get yourself a therapist who specializes in LGBTQ stuff. Not only will they be able to guide you to the doctors in your area who are most likely to support your HRT efforts, but you will also likely need a support letter from a therapist before any endocrinologist will prescribe you anything. And most therapists will either want to see you for six months before giving such a letter, or you will need to demonstrate to them an urgent need (such as suicidal behavior due to gender dysphoria).

Once you receive a prescription, I recommend having it filled at a pharmacy that you normally don’t frequent. I wouldn’t say that I am ashamed of being transgender, but keeping people out of your business helps make life smoother. You don’t want to walk into a pharmacy where you know the people and they go to hand you a prescription for androgen blockers and estrogen and just stare at you in disbelief. I have my prescription filled at a Walgreens on the opposite side of town and use the drive-thru window.

Also, you do need to understand that you need regular blood checks, probably every 90 days. Spiro can cause potassium levels to increase, and certain forms of estrogen can be hard on the liver. So those things will always be checked as long as you are on the medications. You are also at increased risk for blood clots on some estrogen medications, and you need to consult your endocrinologist before scheduling any surgical procedures. If possible (non-emergency surgery) they will likely want you to stop HRT for a period before and after surgery.

Lastly, be aware that everyone’s body responds differently to hormones. Some people can be on full dose HRT for years and experience almost zero feminization, and others can be on a low dose trying to avoid feminization and still experience a lot of feminization. You must be prepared to deal with whatever happens. You might end up with C-cup boobs pretty quickly and not be able to do anything about it other than have surgery to remove the tissue.

So, there’s my long winded answer. Hope it helps. Don’t be afraid to ask any other questions. I will never be rude, but if you ask something I won’t discuss (like dosage) I will let you know if it is off limits.

5. MareeK

MareeK Crossed and Confused

New Zealand
    Local Time:
    2:44 PM
    Wow, what a well thought out, sensible and totally incredible reply to my questions. I'm pretty much near tears reading your experiences as you have described how I feel and what I desire in myself.

I'm not offended at all by not discussing dosage and specifics of medication, if anything it increases my respect for you.

Thank you, you have made my week.

M x

6. Shepherdsflock

Local Time:
    No problem. Just keep in mind that it’s more of a marathon than a sprint. Getting anywhere medically is a slow moving process. Whether we are talking about the process of getting an HRT prescription, or the effects of the medications. Keep a right perspective about time and progress, and you get where you need to be.

7. Petey

Petey Active member

Canada
    Local Time:
    10:44 PM
    Hi Shepherdsflock,
    I'm wondering if you have a support group around you out in the 'real world'. Any close friends you have shared any of this with?
    I fear you are getting only one-sided advice from your own research and therapists who are encouraging you down this path. Are you getting any advice / support for the opposite side? Anyone who is encouraging you or helping you to see yourself as you were created? A man / husband / father / friend who has far more value and influence to those around you than your sexual desires alone.
    I mean no judgement, but I fear you are making huge life changes at the possible expense of emotional / spiritual / patriarchal influence to those around you. Most imminently your children.
    I'm just expressing my concern and another viewpoint since I haven't seen it yet on this thread. I wish you the best in your decisions regardless.

8. Shepherdsflock

Local Time:
    Hi, Petey,
    I understand your concerns, and believe me when I say that I wrestled for many years with whether or not to come out as transgender. For the very reasons you listed.

It really came down to my wife demanding to know what was bothering me so much for so long. She knew for years that I was miserable, but didn’t know why. She told me that I needed to deal with whatever it was because it was preventing me from bein the person God wants me to be and hindering me from reaching the people God wants me to reach.

It came as a bit of a shock to her to learn that being transgender is what was bothering me. Having to live with the secret of living a fake life to prop up a gender identity that wasn’t really me was killing me emotionally and spiritually. I was suicidal a lot, but hid it somewhat well. She knew I was very depressed and angry, but she didn’t really know the true depth of it.

At this point I haven’t committed to full transition. You rightly point out the impact on marriage and family. This is a huge concern for us. My wife claims she would stay with me no matter what, but I really worry about the impact on our kids and the long term effects on her if she had to live with me as a woman. I also worry about the effects on me. While I would love nothing less than to be the woman I am internally, living externally as a woman while married to a woman would put the label of lesbian on me. I am not ready to live with that, and am not sure I ever would be.

If I were to ever fully transition, I would likely choose to remain married to my wife but abstain from sex. She has told me repeatedly that she would be fine with a celibate marriage and had even wanted to be celibate for most of her life before marrying me. Since getting married and experiencing great difficulties with sex, she has said she would be happy to be celibate and live out her old dream.

So, from a sex standpoint, I think we would be okay. But I do worry about being viewed as lesbians. I really don’t consider either of us to be lesbians. Though my wife has confessed to some same sex attractions, it really isn’t a big part of who she is. And I have struggled to enjoy any kind of sex using my penis, and as my male hormone levels and sexual functions fade away, I am finding that I am not strongly interested in anything sexual. It is mildly interesting, but I could live without it.

Our kids are what I worry most about. I worry about them feeling like freaks or outcasts. I worry about them feeling confused or angry if I told them I should be their mommy instead of their daddy. They have only ever known me as daddy and it would be very difficult to understand and accept a change like that.

However, since starting HRT, my mood and emotional state has stabilized so much that my wife and kids both can’t believe the difference. My wife, of course, knows why I am easier to live with. She just tells the kids that I have been taking some medicine that makes me feel better. Which is entirely true, but she doesn’t tell them what the medications are.

For right now, I am going to try to live as best as I can without changing a lot. It’s a really difficult road. On the one hand I know that full transition would offer me the best emotional and mental health and make me feel “right”, but at the same time it exposes my family to so many risks. So, for the time being I am working with my endocrinologist to try to keep feminization to a manageable level and present socially as a man. It’s kid of the worst of both worlds, but offers the best overall compromise for my family and I.

Panda2010 and Love&Passion like this.
  9. Nicoftime

Nicoftime The suspense is terrible...I hope it lasts

Railroad
    South of Lacrosse Wisconsin
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Although I am not on medication, my hormone levels are slowly going towards female dominant. There is a medication that would block this, but I am choosing not to. The depth of changes to come are unknown yet, but no matter how much it does, I will not present as female when it happens.

I have a child, I have my parents, I have work and friends, and quite frankly my partner wouldn’t care to be known as married to the he/she in our small community. I think I can be perfectly happy with whatever happens, and what ever changes take place without telling the whole world I am more girl than boy.

I hope you to can find a happy medium.

Panda2010 likes this.
  10. Shepherdsflock

Local Time:
    Well, I think this going in a direction I don’t want. One of my nipples has become so painfully sensitive it is nearly unbearable. Just walking around and the fabric of my shirt touching it hurts. Not just a little soreness, but a stabbing pain.

Going to stop the hormones until I can see the Endo. I might see about staying on androgen blocker, but I think the estrogen is going to be hard to live with long term. We were hoping the feminization would be minimal or very slow, but it seems that things are happening pretty fast for me relative to other people.

Given the other stresses I am dealing with in life (wife is pregnant again, work stress is very high right now, money has been very tight, etc.), I think I need to either give this a rest for a while or just give up on it. I will never stop knowing who and what I am, but there are practical limits to being true to who I am. Being in pain and distraction from the needs of daily life for my family are two things can’t let slide.

11. Nicoftime

Nicoftime The suspense is terrible...I hope it lasts

Railroad
    South of Lacrosse Wisconsin
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Been hiding mine for years, and painful nipples is not new for me, but there are some tips on coping.

During puberty I wore sport bra that pressed them down and kept them from moving around. If that wasn’t practical, a couple bandaids did the trick. When they were growing back then it was a phase that would come and go as my growing spurts did. It didn’t last forever, although I still have sensitive nipples, they no longer hurt like crazy.

Good luck

12. Shepherdsflock

Local Time:
    I find it odd that even though I now only get erect when intimate with my wife, I have been thinking it would be nice to start wearing the cage again. My wife has gotten comfortable with me having erections, and yet I find that I miss having the cage suppress them. I have never liked having erections and I found the cage supplied a level of comfort during intimate times that I now miss. I don’t miss the inconvenience and discomfort of it during regular life activities, though.

13. Shepherdsflock

Local Time:
    My foray into hormone therapy has halted. I had a bad allergic reaction to one of the medications and stopped. It also coincided with a career focus shift that has a very good chance requiring me to have high security clearance for military projects in the future and if I go much further there is a good chance that I may be limiting my future.

I am sad about this, as it is hard to live as I am, but I feel I have no alternative. My body simply doesn’t agree with the medications and my future ability to provide for my family is at stake.

I stopped all hormone treatments about three weeks ago. The first two weeks I still felt calm with low libido. However, this week the testosterone has come back very strong. Very strong libido. Very aggravating. Glad to have the cage or I would be masturbating multiple times per day. The one thing I am happy about is that the soreness and sensitivity in my nipples is starting to go away. That was not fun and I won’t miss it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice