Male hierarchy

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by L-u-c-y, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Yelehiah

Yelehiah Active member

Civil services
    Spain
    Local Time:
    3:46 AM
    I think beta males don't tell everybody how they feel or how they act. Just are betas (like me) that dislike to be the centre of attention.

In my life I have had a lot of females friends since I was a teenager. When I liked a girl I never had courage to aproach her and tell what I felt by her. So, the Alpha of the group or the other group came and hang out with her just for sex and he forget her later. Then I consoled my friend until she met other Alpha man.

I have been always the best friend of my females friends. Very kind, funny but nothing else. But I'm very happy and very proud to be the person who help them to superate their bad moments.

cesso_leccapiedi likes this.
  2. Beck

Beck Banned

Local Time:
    8:46 PM
    Ha ha alphas! Yes, somebody needs to die first... a title can be an effictive piece of propaganda, no?

Pee on me so i can feel warm again.

3. Peter Rabbit

Peter Rabbit I'm her bunny

USA
    Local Time:
    9:46 PM
    It is the most common scenario for someone to submit to another person. My submission is personal, and to my wife. It just clicks between us.

I do not need a term “alpha” or “beta” or “gamma” or “omega” to describe my interactions with the rest of the populace.

Alphas pose. Betas angle. If I were a woman, I could imagine being turned off by someone introducing themselves either as an Alpha or a Beta male, and therefore such and such happens by their own rules. It sets up expectations.

In various situations outside of D/s I will dominate the conversation or interactions. In others I won’t. I viewed the Adam Ruins Everything video, and the conversation about the “authority” being relational / relative is spot on.

Alpha/Beta is a way to tag yourself when you’re looking to “play” with the field of prospective mates. Or in chat for fun. It’s a game. Reality sets in.

Some female dominants get annoyed when a “beta male” approach them and immediately assume they will get their D/s fix without effort just because they affixed beta to themselves. Like that’s enough to get attention.

Some “alpha males” have approached me in private messages assuming we have some cuckolding relationship. Some “alpha females” have done the same trying to get me into some findom arrangement.

Some “beta males” have confused my posts elsewhere with me being a woman that will dominate them. That amuses me more than the Alpha people pushing to assert dominance over me.

4. squier

squier Junior Member

tech consultant
    Germany, the wild south
    Local Time:
    2:46 AM
    Dont know if I am Alpha or Beta.
    I am more kind of domme in job and to other males, more kind of sub to all Ladies in general.

Of course the exeption proves the rule. And of course to my Lady I am not "kind of sub" but sub.

Sometimes that becomes quite tricky when Ive got to do with females in my job.
    But I always find a solution to handle with.

5. L-u-c-y

Staff Member Owner of Chastity Mansion Administrator Verified Female

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
  6. winstonmacgregor

winstonmacgregor Long term member

Local Time:
    I'm probably 85% listener and 15% talker which theoretically falls in to the beta category but is more alpha than you think. There is a difference between a successful beta and a whimpering coward. When you pick the right people/situations/ideas to be in a supportive role, people will be naturally drawn to you because they view you as a non-judgmental friend and thoughtful person. It is like a form of soft power that inadvertently makes you a secret alpha. You need both alpha and beta doing what they do best for the best to happen. Just like in comedy, you can't have a legendary comedy routine without an amazing straight man or straight woman. Same thing.

7. Max 86

Max 86 New member

Local Time:
    I'm not sure if I'm a beta or not but most likely I am, I am a premature ejaculator with a below average package so to make up for it and to not be embarrassed about it, I put the women first and try and please her first in bed. I've tried using two condoms numbing cream and everything.
    If you have any suggestions I welcome them and would appreciate it.

8. JaySaysYes

JaySaysYes I identify as someone that is always right

Local Time:
    Sounds like you need to buy a BMW and punch yourself in the nuts every time you trry to use the indicators.

9. Mr_anonymous

Mr_anonymous Long term member

Local Time:
    I wouldn't go as far as the whole alpha thing statement. As far as work and life goes though I imagine I'm presumed as one out of necessity. I do fall under the category of only submissive to my wife however. Though I try to go out of my way to be respectful to women in general. Honestly don't think my wife would like if i was generally submissive to all women. It would ruin what makes it special in her eyes.

M@rcellus and filltee like this.
  10. Max 86

Max 86 New member

Local Time:
    Use the Indicators?

11. Slutty Susan

Slutty Susan Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
    What indicators? Aren't they an optional extra?

12. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Sheffield. South Yorkshire UK
    Local Time:
    But if the BMW is a bike
    Do use the indicators
    The simple minded car drivers don't need excuses to not see you

JaySaysYes likes this.
  13. CagedCucksWife

Midwest, USA
    Local Time:
    This is such a fascinating topic to me, a friend of mine and I discussed this not to terribly long ago. My husband is one of the men mentioned that would describe himself as submissive to me but alpha in vanilla life. However I feel like this is a description that some men use to make themselves feel better?

Make no mistake I love my husband and he provides for us very well, but he is a worker bee for sure. He is great at his job but never really pushes for advancement, does not lead a team or anything like that. In social settings he is a very "go with the group consensus" type of guy. To me all these would be hallmarks of a beta. But to Lucys point, i don't think he would ever just by default call himself a beta.

14. JaySaysYes

Local Time:
    None of us is the same in the perception of any two people, and since all we are is a bunch of perceptions about perceptions, it is perfectly reasonable for your husband to perceive himself to be one thing over there and another thing over there. It's a persona.

Maybe reflect on the oft-observed quotes from people who find out their neighbour, brother, son, lover, husband, etc., are serial killers or worse. "But he was so lovely with me, I had no idea."

To say that a person is one thing or another is to suggest that we are simple automatons who must follow our programming and never deviate from it.

e.g. Most people consider Hitler to be a bad person, but clearly, he wasn't from the perspective of millions of clear-thinking Germans.

Don't pigeon-hole people.

M@rcellus likes this.
  15. CagedCucksWife

Midwest, USA
    Local Time:
    I understand what you are saying but I don't believe I was pigeon-holing anyone. My point is that even though he displays all the stereotype characteristics of what most would consider a beta, if you asked him how is perceived in the vanilla world he would say Alpha.

So to the original question in the post, do many men actually refer to themselves as beta's, and it seems like the answer to that is rarely.

16. M@rcellus

M@rcellus Long term member

Local Time:
    #41 M@rcellus, Apr 23, 2024 at 9:02 PM
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2024 at 9:13 PM
    Your alphaness drips from every word you write. I don't have enough silverback gorillas around me and I would love if an alpha male would fill that hole in my life. I do have females in my management chain but we don't talk about them. I would so love to be an alpha if anyone would be willing to teach me.

JaySaysYes likes this.
  17. JaySaysYes

Local Time:
    I totally understand in your sample of one, you can say "But he was a beta with me, I had no idea."

18. Mr_anonymous

Local Time:
    Not tolerating nonsense or speaking your mind is a human trait. Not alpha,beta, omega or anything in between. Pigeonholing anyone as thing in is kinda silly anyway. I'm different things to different people. I can be submissive to my wife and not put up with others people bullshit at same time.

19. M@rcellus

Local Time:
    "I wouldn't go as far as the whole alpha thing statement. As far as work and life goes though I imagine I'm presumed as one out of necessity."

You called yourself an Alpha Male, superior to all other males and with mating rights to all females. Not only have you bought into the caveman concept, you proclaim you are an Alpha, leader of men, conquerer of females. We could definitely do with more of your type leading nuclear superpowers.

20. Mr_anonymous

Local Time:
    I quote literally did not call myself an alpha male, reading is fundamental. Keep that butt hurt up though.

21. M@rcellus

Local Time:
    But the herd just need you to be their Alpha. As both women and men need an obnoxious, narcissistic male in their lives.

22. Mr_anonymous

Local Time:
    I'm management in a male dominated industry hence perception. Not that hard. Now I'm off to make dinner and clean, you know Alpha male shit. Please feel free to argue with yourself though.

M@rcellus likes this.
  23. aussie_chaste

aussie_chaste Active member

Central Coast, NSW, Australia
    Local Time:
    11:46 AM
    Alphas just like alpha release software, isn't fit to be released to the public.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice