Just wondering

Discussion in '3D printing files' started by lockedbySue, Nov 7, 2019.

1. lockedbySue

lockedbySue Active member

Retired GI
    Arkansas
    Local Time:
    1:43 PM
    Many people comment about the size/ugliness of the long key for the cylindrical locks. Has anyone had success making a key that is smaller and perhaps more attractive?

Mash2214 likes this.
  2. Mash2214

Mash2214 Locked today, tomorrow, forever

Business Owner, servant
    Canada
    Local Time:
    12:43 PM
    It can be done if you have the metal working talent. Most people don’t. This hasn’t been an issue for us as my Mistress/Wife doesn’t normally wear the key. I’m sure you could find someone to redesign your key,for a price.

3. SeltzerWater

SeltzerWater New member

Local Time:
    I have never seen those types of locks used for anything other than chastity devices. So I'd be worried someone would recognize the key, frankly.

4. tecolote

tecolote Long term member

Government
    California
    Local Time:
    11:43 AM
    The locks are furniture locks used to fit into the old fashioned keyholes. I've seen services that make more visually beautiful keys, but they are quite expensive (like $200 and up) and made of precious metals. So definitely something to think about for a nice gift for your keyholder, but only if you can get a hold of the key for a while. It would be hard to surprise her with it...

SeltzerWater likes this.
  5. tecolote

tecolote Long term member

Government
    California
    Local Time:
    Actually... It just occurred to me, for anyone who wants to surprise their keyholder, that you could buy a new magic lock and get the new key made into jewelry, and present the whole thing as a gift.

6. Nicoftime

Nicoftime The suspense is terrible...I hope it lasts

Railroad
    South of Lacrosse Wisconsin
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    This is a common question here, I myself made my avatar key from a long integrated lock key and an antique key.

My skill set is fairly limited and even I figured something out with a small amount of tools and materials

SeltzerWater and tecolote like this.
  7. JosieLynn Jewell

JosieLynn Jewell Long term member

Michigan, USA
    Local Time:
    2:43 PM
    Alana and hardbodysub like this.
  8. Alana

Alana Long term member

California
    Local Time:

Thank you so much for doing this.
    I don't currently have a keyholder, but THIS has still been on my mind.
    Most Chastity keys while functional are not exactly jewelry.
    It would make me so proud to have my future keyholder display the key to her property as Jewelry

JosieLynn Jewell likes this.
  9. CuckeldBull

CuckeldBull Long term member

Retired
    Florida
    Local Time:
    Im lazy..... I bought my wife KH an 2” 14k gold skeleton key that she wears on her chain. Much prettier than a std key.

10. JosieLynn Jewell

JosieLynn Jewell Long term member

Michigan, USA
    Local Time:
    Your avatar is quite a nice couple designs - not unlike the pendant I designed. Do you know the original source of the images? They might inspire me to do another pendant...

https://www.shapeways.com/product/MNESZJD2Y/cuckold-chastity-charm?optionId=70290023

(Check the 14K gold material - there's a great picture from a forum member there)

CuckeldBull likes this.
  11. LockedDaddyWolf

Atlanta, Ga (USA)
    Local Time:
    So, I'm going to oversimplify this for the sake of a forum post, but I did learn a few tricks about casting jewelry a few years ago because it was a hobby my ex-wife wanted to take up.

How I would do this, I would (As mentioned before), buy a new lock with new keys. Take one of the keys, and grind the fat head part off. Not too much, leave as much of it as a shaft as you can. Also, drill a couple of small (1mm) holes in the face at the end of it. This will let the casting material penetrate it so it won't pull out.

The next part, design the new head. Maybe you are good at sculpting? Maybe make a model of something in one of the cheap latex mold making kits (That's what I would do). But, you need a positive model made out of wax. Make sure that it includes working the shaft of the key into the end of it. So, in the end, you are holding the key, molded into the wax model.

Now, you need some casting sand, or casting clay. It's going to be hardened, then broken later. You also need a metal mold casing. I have seen this done in a piece of metal pipe with a cap on the bottom.

The Key template goes into the clay, use a drillbit packed into the clay, sticking out the end to make a tube. Let the clay harden and pull the drill bit out.
    put it all in the oven for a little while for the wax to melt, pour the wax out.

This leaves the hardened clay, with the key end packed into it and a negative cavity in the shape of the design.

Melt your gold or silver and pour it in. Let it harden. Then, bust the clay, recover your new piece and polish it.

And, if that sounds complicated, you now know why custom jewelry pieces are so expensive! :)

At the end of all that, what I would really do, get the new magic locker and keys, cut the key like I described, the find someone that does custom jewlery, tell them it's for a cabinet you are making your wife for her birthday and pay them to do it!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice