Silver Key DIY Project

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by SheMastersMyDomain, Nov 8, 2019.

Random Thread
  1. SheMastersMyDomain

SheMastersMyDomain In continuous chastity since 1/1/19

Queen City, USA
    Local Time:
    10:43 PM
    IMG_1377.JPG
    The keys to the standard integrated type lock are so unattractive. The most reliable one i have (out of about 10 lock/key combos from various devices) says BDSM on it, which does not exactly fit our relationship or vanilla outward lifestyle. She currently wears that ugly key on a long chain where no-one sees what hangs at the end. I gave her a symbolic silver Tiffanys key a couple years ago and she wears that sometimes on a shorter more visible chain. I really wanted to present my wife(KH) a key she could proudly wear (on a long or short chain) that would be more jewelry than key. There are not many options. However, when i found the 3D printed key that JosieLynn of Cherry Keeper had made for sale, the idea to create my own (at a more reasonable price) became set. One of the reported difficulties with the 3D printed key is that it needs to be cut to the lock you want to use. Several have reported having a difficult time finding a locksmith that has the older type of "slot cutter machine" for cutting the key. I didnt really want to deal with that and am pretty handy, so decided to figure it out with a little google research and DIY it. I am documenting my project for anyone else that wants to jump in and recreate any parts of it. I just finished the key and am planning to give it to her soon, the next time we have the chance for a date night. The main items i purchased:

Total cost = $119

The Key: ($78)
    Purchased in "fine detail polished silver" - $67.95 (all costs in USD), with handling shipping etc.= $78
    https://www.shapeways.com/product/X...-pendant-chastity-key-blank?optionId=82754594

The Lock: ($25)
    I decided since i was spending so much on the project that it would be worth starting with the best lock cylinder that i was aware was available.
    https://www.steinlock.com/burg-wachter-me2-lock-blocker-for-furniture.html

The diamonds: ($9 for a dozen)
    Shhhh - its really a CZ stone (one on each side). Had to buy 2 sizes to figure out what looked best, but in the end 2.0 mm worked great and are pretty readily available. I found name brand Swarovski CZ at a jewelry supply store called Otto Frei that sells to the public. Only problem is they have a $25 minimum. It wasnt a big deal for me because i found some small tools i could use, but for the sake of my DIY, Im only showing the cost of the CZs and shipping. You could easily get these somewhere else if you shop around.
    https://secure.ottofrei.com/Round-S...location=1&quantity=1&custcol_of_xc_size=2848

The Bail: ($7)
    Just wanted a pretty simple design which will keep the key facing forward
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Sterling...794731&hash=item2f1bab1298:g:2~8AAOxyRhBSqsTX

I had the files and buffing wheel, so didnt need to purchase anything else. If you dont have these items, might need to purchase some small files at a hardware supply and a buffing wheel / buffing compound to use on a dremel type tool.

My opinion is that for anyone that is a reasonably competent home project DIYer, this is only a medium difficulty project. However, the consequences in misfiling the key blank could result in a $78 loss.

So here goes:
    The main part of this DIY is hand filing the key. I had the new key from the Burg Wachter lock as a comparison. After googling how to copy keys and trying a couple methods, i settled on the carbon and tape method. Light a candle, hold the key in some pliers (it will get hot), hold the key above the flame until the key turns black:
    IMG_1296.JPG
    Then take a piece of clear packing tape and place on the key, lift the tape off, and you have an impression of the original key:
    IMG_1299.JPG
    A little fine trimming on the tape and you can place it on the new key blank:
    IMG_1300.JPG
    I used a digital caliper as a double check on some of the measurements, got the tape where i wanted it, and put the key in a vice for filing. The file set i used looks like this:
    IMG_1309.JPG
    The silver is very soft and files very quickly. After just a little while it looked like this:
    IMG_1306.JPG
    A few minutes more of filing and it looked like this (almost done):
    IMG_1307.JPG
    A little more filing and i started inserting the key in the lock and it soon started working. So is ended the filing and switched to sanding the edges smooth:
    IMG_1311.JPG
    This is what it looked like after sanding in a closeup (i filed the two old fashioned looking key tabs also to make them look a little more worn and unique):
    IMG_1313.JPG
    At this point, the key was done in a functional sense. I buffed the entire key on a buffing wheel with an appopriate compound for soft metals and that smoothed things up. Be careful here, the silver is soft and i removed a little metal from the key part unknowingly during buffing, which made the key a little harder to operate, but it still works fine. I researched how to glue the CZ stones, and while there are special glues for this, I found evidence you can use instant glue as well (cyanoacrylate). Since i had that lying around and extra stones if the they fell out, I used it. I put a little dab of glue on a piece of paper. Held the stone in a pair of tweezers, dipped into the glue just a little, and then pressed into the key. After cleaning the key with some silver polish, it was all done (and the picture at the top):
    IMG_1376.JPG
    I hope perhaps this inspires someone else to take on a similar project for their KH. I'd be happy to answer any questions about it.

2. KittensProperty

KittensProperty Kitten's Happy Property

Retired (Twice) 20 yrs Marine and 22 yrs Mail Man
    Texas Hill Country
    Local Time:
    9:43 PM
    i wish I had the ability to make a key head like that and attach it to the MM security screw key.

carlayoung likes this.
  3. tecolote

tecolote Long term member

Government
    California
    Local Time:
    7:43 PM
    This is awesome. Thanks!

4. Dogtanian69

Dogtanian69 Long term member

Produce aclerk
    East Texas
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    That is wonderful, I wish I had your talent

Susanstoy91 likes this.
  5. Dr MBogo

Dr MBogo You heard the lady! In you go.....

Local Time:
    Very nice!

6. MissyB

MissyB Long term member

maid, (I wish)
    Tennessee hills
    Local Time:
    Nice, but beyond my skills.

7. CuckeldBull

CuckeldBull Long term member

Retired
    Florida
    Local Time:
    Only gold for my wife. Anything less n she might get angry n we dont want that! Lol
    She wears an 18k gold skeleton key on her neck chain. Real key stays back at home. Im comfortable wearing my cage 24/7 n change only to go to a different cage for various whatever reasons

sis_nikki likes this.
  8. Guest 8203

Guest 8203 Guest

Local Time:
    8:43 PM
    That's great.

9. SheMastersMyDomain

Queen City, USA
    Local Time:
    Thanks to all for the comments and glad folks seem to like the post. My hope is that at least one individual finds the inspiration and successfully completes such a project. If that’s you, please respond some day.

sis_nikki likes this.
  10. Subhub101

Subhub101 Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
    3:43 AM
    Really nice work!

11. SheMastersMyDomain

Queen City, USA
    Local Time:
    Found a nice black velvet/leather box that ups the first impression factor! Its wrapped and ready to go. Tomorrow night's the night.
    2019-11-22 10.16.40.jpg

12. Miss stacy

Miss stacy New member

Local Time:
    4:43 AM
    Wow, wonderful :) My boyfriend would like me to wear his key around my neck too but it is the default one, way too large and ugly.

This one, I would wear! Well done!

MsCynsSlaveBoy likes this.
  13. SheMastersMyDomain

Queen City, USA
    Local Time:
    @Miss stacy - thanks for your comment. I wanted to share with you that my wife has been wearing the "too large and ugly" key all year since she locked me in January. She wears it on a 30 inch long chain such that it is well below her cleavage and no-one ever knows what hangs at the end of the chain (except me). For our dynamic, it is symbolic and important. For her, it is her reminder of our closeness and that she is in charge of my erections and she knows i will be ready for her at any time she chooses. When we are apart, I think it makes her feel a closer bond to me. For me, I love to see the chain, knowing whats at the end and knowing that she chooses to wear it and be committed to our adventure together. For me, especially when we are apart, knowing she is wearing it also makes me feel a closer bond to her, knowing she chooses to wear the key and be reminded constantly of our bond together, similar as i feel while i wear the cage.

In soon giving her the new key described in this thread, while i suspect she will continue to wear it on the same chain for daily wear, i am hopeful she might feel comfortable to wear it out on a shorter chain sometimes, like on date nights. She knows it drives me crazy to see it, but the "too large and ugly" one is just a no-go that way for her.

I just wanted to share these thoughts with you as you continue in your adventure.

sis_nikki likes this.
  14. Doug Scibor

Doug Scibor Long term member

Technical
    Atlanta, GA USA
    Local Time:
  15. SheMastersMyDomain

Queen City, USA
    Local Time:
    She said yes. She said she would be my KH.

I admit this was not a big surprise because she is already my KH, and has been doing it part time for almost 5 years and full time since January.

But, with this new key and the presentation I made to her, it’s different now. It feels more real. It has more significance. The feeling is like getting engaged or married but for keyholding, like there’s a serious bond and commitment to do this together.

I’m excited to continue on this adventure with her and am very much looking forward to building our future together.

16. tecolote

Government
    California
    Local Time:
    Just a suggestion for anyone considering this project, a ~30 inch adjustable chain would allow your keyholder to wear it hidden in her cleavage, or pulled up like a choker at a whim.

Imagine the unspoken messages she can send just by making adjustments to her chain.

anomalous1 and sis_nikki like this.
  17. SheMastersMyDomain

Queen City, USA
    Local Time:
    @tecolote - so funny that you wrote this because we were talking about the same thing about an hour ago.

I put the key on a short chain, which she had to unclasp to use. It would be easier to have a sliding adjustable chain she could lengthen and then remove over her head.

Off to the web to shop for a new chain........

18. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
  19. tecolote

Government
    California
    Local Time:
    Anyone considering this as a Christmas gift needs to order the key asap.

20. Puffball

Puffball Member

Executive
    Singapore
    Local Time:
    10:43 AM
    Hi, are you able to make the key even smaller? Like those normal key necklace

21. SheMastersMyDomain

Queen City, USA
    Local Time:
    @Puffball you would have to ask @JosieLynn Jewell it they could make the key blank smaller. As it is today, it’s only available in one size.

I’m not sure what you mean by “normal key necklace”, but if you look at Tiffany’s website, they sell a whole bunch of jewelry style keys in all shapes and sizes.

While I was initially concerned that the key might be a little large, it really is a nice size on her neck and it is smaller than the original key. I don’t think it needs to be smaller. And on the bright side, my Wife must feel comfortable with the key as jewelry because she has been wearing it outside her clothing.

22. Puffball

Puffball Member

Executive
    Singapore
    Local Time:
    10:43 AM
    My keyholder is wearing her 21st bday necklace. I am looking to customise that kind of size. she doesnt like to wear a chastity key because its too big and obvious

23. JosieLynn Jewell

JosieLynn Jewell Long term member

Michigan, USA
    Local Time:
    So glad to see she likes it and is comfortable wearing it - I see the avatar picture - very nice!

sis_nikki likes this.
  24. sissyfifi68

sissyfifi68 Active member

Local Time:
    Wow that's great! I hope that won you some brownie points.

25. bondinchas

bondinchas Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
    Which is a really good reason for her to not use it too often, you really don't want to wear that key out. :rolleyes:

sis_nikki likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice