Getting to 40mm

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by CuriousAndy, Mar 29, 2022.

1. CuriousAndy

CuriousAndy Long term member

Australia
    Local Time:
    5:48 AM
    I've been wearing a 45mm ring for a while and have gotten used to it. The fit now feels very comfortable. Maybe too comfortable. I've had a couple of occasions where one ball has escaped when I'm relaxed, which seems really bizarre as the whole package looks really tight when I put the cage on.

The other night while in bed one ball escaped. While I was debating if Goddess would be more angry if I woke her or didn't wake her the other ball escaped! The whole cage slipped off!

One challenge I have is that I'm a grower. I only just noticed another challenge, one ball is smaller that the other.

I have 40mm rings but in the past when I've tried them I found there was quite a lot of ring burn. But I've decided to try and change to 40mm full time and dee if I can adjust. I see lots of lube in my immediate future.

I find I always get ring burn with a 40mm ring while driving, something about the position. Sure enough this morning while driving the ring burn started, but I discovered something interesting. As I was squirming and gritting my teeth I reached between my legs to try and re-position. As I tried moving things I noticed pressure on the skin between the balls and anus (perineum?) felt good. I started firmly massaging there with a couple of fingers (closer to the balls). The ring burn went away! I'm guessing it released blood pressure or maybe relaxed muscles.

Straight away the 40mm seems more secure. It's really hard to get the ring on. I think it would be difficult but not entirely impossible to pull out. I'm certain it would be impossible to get back in. To get my penis through I have to squeeze the tip under the ring then pull the tip from the other side while pushing from the back, with the cage locked that's not possible.

Will see how I manage over the next few days and nights.

TheGenericDL and AllySiss like this.
  2. Lakeman

Lakeman Long term member

Australia
    Local Time:
    Good luck, hope that works out well for you. I’ve found even a couple of mm can make a difference, so if you find the 5mm change too much, you may need to try something in between the two.

3. Hig4s

Hig4s Long term member

Local Time:
    3:48 PM
    If the 40 feels good wouldn't getting a smaller gap with a 40 be better?

Donn likes this.
  4. Lady&sub

Lady&sub Active member

Norway
    Local Time:
    9:48 PM
    If your balls escape it's gap size as main problem.
    Ps. having balls a bit different in size is normal.

Burn_e and Donn like this.
  5. CuriousAndy

Australia
    Local Time:
    Phew! I'm so glad different sized balls is normal! I've never noticed before.

I'm making the leap from 45mm to 40mm because non of my current cages have a size in between, which is a bit annoying. More shopping required ;)

Out of my small collection I'm starting with the holy trainer v4, just because at 45mm it was the most comfortable to sleep in. Going down to 40mm also reduces the gap size at the same time. The four rings have quite different shapes.

If it goes well I'll try some of the metal ones at 40mm. The metal ones have posts on the cage that are non adjustable, but the holes for the posts seem a little deeper on the smaller ring, marginally decreasing the gap.

I had an attempted erection earlier and got the beginning of ring burn. I tried the massaging the perineum again the the erection went soft. Is this a thing or is it just me?

AllySiss likes this.
  6. bemfem

bemfem Long term member

Indiana, USA
    Local Time:
    It looks like gap problem not the base ring. The base ring has to tight, and yes it might be a chore to get it on. You should have 0 pain when wearing your cock cage. I wear mine 24/7. I sleep in it, go to work in it to gym, do all stuff with absolutelly 0 pain. When my penis tries to get hard, I just feel a lot of pressure. Now my skin adjusted and I need less and less oitment around the ring too. I still use some oitmet, if i feel slight discomfort, but it usually goes away immediately. When I do normal activities, I don't even know I have a cage most of the time now.

It was miserable at the begining before I went with a custom cage. Problem is that all domensions are coupled, ring size, gap, cock tube length. It is almost imposible to get off-shelf device that fits. I wrote a simple guide if that helps you. I would sugeest custom cage. Good luck.

https://www.chastitymansion.com/for...xpectations-for-24-7-cock-cage-wearing.45079/

7. CuriousAndy

Australia
    Local Time:
    That's a great guide! I'll try the index finger ring trick next time I'm unlocked.

Yes, for all my off the shelf devices the ring size and gap go up and down together. So to get a smaller gap I have to go with a smaller ring. I think an ideal ring size for me may be around 42-43mm, but the off the self rings seem mostly to be 40, 45, 50. Might have to investigate a custom cage at the end of this experiment.

So far it's not been too bad. I had two ring burn issues yesterday and they went away fairly quickly.

During the day while everything is flaccid the 40mm ring feels very comfortable.

Last night when I went to sleep it felt nice, snug, almost sensuous. I then kept waking up with bladder induced erection attempts, very annoying. I woke up four times, peed, reapplied lube and went back to sleep. So today I'm very sleepy. I'd gotten to the point of sleeping through with a 45mm ring, the 40mm ring is different enough to wake me.

I'm hoping this is just going to be another sleep adjustment phase. I've been through sleeping adjustment phases before, after a while the erections seemed to reduce and I don't wake up. It seems that any change in device or taking a rest resets erection patterns. Must remember to drink all my fluids in the morning.

Goddess has been giving me this stern "no sure I approve" look, she doesn't like it when I don't sleep well. She's may order a mandatory unlocked inspection and rest period, but so far she is allowing the experiment to continue.

8. bemfem

bemfem Long term member

Indiana, USA
    Local Time:
    yes, if you want to be comfortable and locked 24/7, I believe that well fitted custom cage is needed. I really love my Jail Bird

9. CabanaJack

CabanaJack Long term member

Retired
    USA, Denver CO
    Local Time:
    1:48 PM
    Just to make sure you're aware, the Cherry Keeper line available at Shapeways can provide a lot of options as far as cage style, ring size and shape, and ball gap. If nothing else, maybe that's a learning step towards a fully custom device.

Milo66 likes this.
  10. collaredhubby

collaredhubby Long term member

Local Time:
    2:48 PM
    I don’t know if this is something you want to try but I’m going to say it anyway because as I understand it the HT devices are plastic. Sandpaper in grits of lower to higher order used in succession can help you to sneak up on the right ring size if you feel you need it to be a 42mm and you’ve got a 40mm. It would require a good bit of sanding and smoothing and maybe even another ring so that you don’t mess up your good ring if this was something you wanted to try. The drawbacks to this are that you are physically modifying the device as a whole but if done well and carefully you may be able to achieve your perfect fit with what you have. I would recommend some way to hold the ring while you do this because it would be easier to be able to hold the sand paper in a strip with both hands and move it back and forth for some of it. I wouldn’t recommend a dremel for plastic unless you have a really steady hand and an adjustment wheel or slider instead of a set switch so you can use slower rotation with a sandpaper wheel. Following it with a scotch Brite pad in green (about 600 grit) and higher grades of sandpaper (consider wet sanding too) like 3000 and up for polishing and you’d have a smooth ring to your size requirement. The great thing about plastic it’s really easy to modify with really simple tools and requires less than metal to work with if your goal is customization. Just some thoughts to consider if you have an extra 40mm ring lying around. Also, you might even be able to find a 42mm off the shelf for that style if you look in the right eBay shops. Hope this helps.

11. Kiesela

Kiesela Long term member

Local Time:
    8:48 PM
    I had a new smaller ring fitted a few months back.
    It's taken ages to get used to.
    It burned as you mentioned. I found that applying Vaseline around it seemed to work best. Once in the morning and once before bed.
    There's no burning anymore now but I still feel a bit like I started from scratch again. Like the early days of chastity.
    I seem to get turned on still by the slightest thing. Even if I hear a dog bark or a bird flies past.

Aspire02 likes this.
  12. CuriousAndy

Australia
    Local Time:
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions on custom cages.

collaredhubby, sanding the 40mm HT ring is a great idea! I'm definitely going to try that. I'm in the middle of a kitchen make over, so next trip to the hardware store will include some non kitchen supplies :) I've been looking for a HT 42 ring on-line, but no luck so far.

Kiesela, I know what you mean, it does feel like the early days all over again! I'll try vaseline and see if that's better than the water based lube I've been using.

Yesterday the day went really well, no ring burn at all, though I was flaccid all day (being a grower there is a big difference). I tried an easy 20 minute run and it went really well, no discomfort (I like to be able to exercise without bothering Goddess to unlock me).

Last night was again not great. The third time I woke to pee and was re-lubing I noticed that Goddess had left the key next to the lube, her subtle hint. I gave in and unlocked to get some sleep. I apologised this morning for not asking permission, again I didn't want to wake her. She'll probably punish me, but that OK, it's something she enjoys.

This morning everything got thoroughly showered. No sign of skin irritation, bruising or tenderness. While I was unlocked I tried the index finger test from bemfem, while flaccid I could get my index finger into the 40mm ring up to the first knuckle (I can get the whole finger into the 45mm ring).

Today I'm back in a 45mm ring with a steel open bar cage design to let the skin breath and rest, I'll probably go back in the 40mm tomorrow. If goddess approves I'll try sleeping in the steel 45mm tonight for a back to back comparison.

MtnViper likes this.
  13. collaredhubby

collaredhubby Long term member

Local Time:
    Cool piece of information. Due to the fact that the skin of the scrotum and genitalia is thinner than other skin types on the body (except for the nose which is the same kind of skin as the aforementioned area) it absorbs creams and medicine put on the area more readily and immediately into the body. It means that you need to be careful with what you use there and know that it will be absorbed almost directly into the bloodstream very quickly. It also means that anything used on the area will be highly effective with a smaller quantity than you would need to use elsewhere. Just fun facts.

Shellysboytoy likes this.
  14. CuriousAndy

Australia
    Local Time:
    collaredhubby, that’s interesting… for some reason my strange mind went straight to rubbing in ground coffee beans :D I suppose water based lube would be healthier than petroleum jelly, I'll have to do some research. Having said that I tried the vaseline suggestion from Kiesela and it was more effective and lasted longer.

Yesterday in the 45mm ring while sitting to pee I realised how loose it is. While totally flaccid there was a noticeable gab from the back of my penis to the ring, the cage was just sort of hanging on my balls. So I swapped over to the 40mm steel ring. Again it was comfortable during the day with no ring burn (I was flaccid all day again). An interesting difference I'm more aware of in the 40mm rings is that the HT is more oval and flat at the bottom, while the steel ring is round, so quite a different feel.

I was mentally preparing myself for attempting to sleep in the steel ring when Goddess stepped in and ordered a cage free night so I could catch up on sleep, so no back to back comparison :( but I do feel refreshed :)

I'm back in the 40mm steel ring today. It feels good and I'm about to hit the gym. With Goddesses approval I'll try sleeping in it tonight and see how it compares to the 40mm HT.

MtnViper likes this.
  15. MeLovelysSub

MeLovelysSub Member

Rocky Mountains, USA
    Local Time:
    1:48 PM
    I recently went through the same exercise. I lost some weight and felt like my 45 mm ring was getting too loose, and my jailbird was hanging too low. Like you, fortunately, I had a 40 mm ring. I spent one week in the 40 mm and ultimately returned to my 45mm. The days were comfortable, and I liked the tighter fit. However, the nighttime erections were ultimately what made me go back to my 45 mm. They were too painful and I could not get it down without getting up to pee. Between the sleep deprivation and the pain I had to switch back. My 45 is extremely comfortable, but I think my ideal ring size would be a 42.5 mm.

When you apply the math, the 45 mm ring has an area of 1590 square mm. The 40 mm ring is 1257 square mm. The 40 mm is a 21% decrease from the 45 mm, which explains why it's so difficult to downsize, even if it's just 5 mm.

Good Luck!

16. MissyB

MissyB Long term member

maid, (I wish)
    Tennessee hills
    Local Time:
    i had a very similar experience with cages that offer standard ring sizes. The 45 was too loose and the 40 was too tight. With larger one, i would have one ball slip out all the time. So i did as another poster suggested, and switched to Cherry Keeper. I finally found a 42 mm ring, that is angled to reduce gap, solved my problems. With the right size cage, a Short, i can now wear continuously. Because the CK line offers so many options at affordable prices i was able to make it work. Good luck on your search and hope you find what works best for you. Enjoy.

CabanaJack likes this.
  17. CuriousAndy

Australia
    Local Time:
    Thanks MeLovelysSub and MissyB, I'm gradually coming to the same conclusion. Those Cherry Keepers look very reasonable. My next experiment is to try the sanding suggested by collaredhubby. After that I might try more shopping :)

Goddess decided I needed more sleep and had me unlock last night, so there have been no further attempts to sleep in the 40mm. This morning while going back into the steel 40mm I noticed some skin tenderness, I'm guessing that's from the round shape of the steel ring, so I switched into the 45mm HT for a rest, it's weirdly comfortable.

The funny thing is now my smaller testicle has figured out how to escape the 45mm it keeps doing it, it's like it has a mind of it's own! I've worn the 45mm HT for a while and not had any issues, but now that little testicle has seen the light there is no going back. It escaped three times this morning! I gave the little guy a thorough talking to and it it seemed chastised... groan ;)

This is the first time in my life I've wished I had bigger balls.

MtnViper likes this.
  18. Jessica Alexander

Jessica Alexander Trans woman not a mistress or Dom

Houston
    Local Time:
    It’s common for the left testicle to be smaller. If I remember correctly, blood pressure is higher in the left (or maybe lower) causing the difference. If you can’t get a new cage, you may want to just switch to the 45mm at night for a while and wear 40mm during the day. Taking it off at night let’s it streatch out with multiple night time erections and it will make it harder to get used to the 40mm and will make you have to readjust back to sleeping in a cage. It’s so hard to get used to so I’d highly recommend not sleeping cage free if it can be avoided. Good luck!

dcagedguy, good2fun and Peter Rabbit like this.
  19. CuriousAndy

Australia
    Local Time:
    Thanks Jessica Alexander, I definitely will do that. I noticed when sleeping uncaged I seemed to have a raging erection all night long, like a giant f*** you to the cage. Goddess is happy with my level of sleep after a few nights unlocked, I'm anticipating she will like your approach.

I'm locked back in the 45mm HT while I sand the 40mm ring to a lager size (I got the sandpaper suggested by collaredhubby on the weekend). I started by measuring the rings and discovered why the HT is so comfortable. The rings are sort of oval, when they say it's a 40mm ring it's actually 40mm high but 45mm wide, so there's more space than the equivalent round steel ring. The 45mm HT ring is actually 50mm wide.

I realised how the smaller testicle was escaping. While wearing the 40mm ring I was excessively moisturising and lubricating, so the little guy was really slippery when I switched back to the 45mm. The first night he escaped the 45 I'd also been lubricating to try and make sleep easier. As long as I don't excessively lubricate everything stays in place.

20. katiesissy69

katiesissy69 Junior Member

Local Time:
    So I had the same problem. It really sucked when I was locked up, with the key in a time lock safe and one ball got away. It could really be kind of painful! Plus I love wearing thongs but hate PinkPosse3.PNG the balls hanging out the side. So I bit the bullet, took my stimi check and gave it to evotion chastity for a custom chastity device. It took a few iterations, but I found some modifications that solved both problems, and it looks pretty good under a bikini bottom! It's a custom cage, and was very pricey, but I'm very happy with it. The problem was the ring. What I did was change the shape of the ring, to more of a 'key' hole. Further, I 'twisted' the sides and made the bottom part thicker so when worn, the 'ring' fits under the balls, kind of like having a half spoon shape on either side. Since then, no ball escaping! Further, I moved the lock from the top to the bottom so it's less visible under clothes and it keeps the balls held on either side of the tube, so they don't hang down. I'll upload a bikini pic so you get an idea. Can't take better pics as I'm currently locked, and the key is safely in a time lock vault.

21. jemima

jemima maid for my Mistress

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
    i wish i was a bit bigger really cos i need small rings now and only some am maked in 36mm and Mistress had one maked special for me but its good cos some cheaper cages fit it ok.

22. DonnaSue

DonnaSue Long term member

Retired
    Southeast US
    Local Time:
    After struggling with those same issues and all of the discomfort, I wound dental floss around two opposing sides of a 40mm ring and tested it, over and over until I found comfort 24/7. (This is like the high school girls used to do with a class ring so they could wear it on their finger.

Once I settled in on the shape that worked the best, I put a 40mm ring into my vise and bent it to match that shape. I've had that ring on continuously for more than 2 years now. The cage comes off for cleaning, etc, but the ring never comes off.

23. ChastityNut

ChastityNut Active member

Your mom's box
    Local Time:
    Concerning the HT devices. If you have a 45mm ring, I think you have less than 45mm of space once the tube is attached. That might mess you up when buying other designs.

I wear a 40mm in others but I recently became determined to get the stainless HT copies to work and I've just realized that I might need their 45mm rings.

24. CuriousAndy

Australia
    Local Time:
    Oh that's a good point! I didn't factor in the tube, which pushes you down lower in the ring, so the 45mm would be a bit less than 45 high... no wonder the 40mm get squishy.

25. CuriousAndy

Australia
    Local Time:
    I sanded the HT 40mm ring height to between 41 and 42mm (using a tape measure so not very accurate).

Goddess just locked me back in the 41 (and bit). Seems comfy and still snug, will have to see what happens when there is an attempted erection.

I've been sleeping in the 45mm all week. I'm waking two times a night to pee. It's not too bad. Last night I only just woke up, feels like I'm getting closer to sleeping through.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice