Dick Cage vs Birdlocked

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by avidwood, Dec 9, 2014.

Random Thread
  1. avidwood

avidwood Member

Local Time:
    6:07 PM
    Hi guys,

just got my new Dick Cage and thought I would compare it to the Birdlocked, which I have had since about 2011 or 2012. This is my first impression, which will be confirmed here as time goes on. I plan to wear it at least two days on my first trial period. As full disclosure, I have not had an orgasm for 60 hours...poor planning on my part I am sure, but I was excited when I saw the new package on the front porch.

Overall fabrication seems good on both devices. They seem well made, with careful tolerances. Both are
    esthetically pleasing. Somehow though, the Dick Cage seems to have some nice curves and careful attention to how it fits together, so I rank it a bit higher. Maybe it is just new.

The ring on the Dick Cage works the same way as the Birdlocked, i.e. push the ball sac though it first making sure both nuts are well out in front and through it, then push the cock through from the top. Both about equally hard to get in. I only needed some warm water with both devices. Lube on the Birdlocked made it hard to pull on the balls, hard to get ahold of them, so warm water is better - no problem with the Birdlocked (or the Dick Cage), just the lube itself.

The ring the tube on the Dick Cage is harder to get into and definitely needed lube, vs the Birdlocked which worked OK with warm water, but that may have been because I was a bit aroused. On the other hand, I was also aroused with the Birdlocked. But as their product literature says, the tube on a Dick Cage extends backwards beyond the ring, and it has a pronounced downward angle to it. So, yes, it takes some work to get it on the cock all the way, and lube was needed the first time. I expect it to get easier with practice, but that remains to be seen. I do think the Dick Cage tube may be a bit narrower than the Birdlocked, I will know better after my first in-device erection attempt. But once it is on, it seems to be fine, the cock seats all the way down to the tip on both devices.

After I put the Dick Cage on, I took a shower and washed up, using a rubber ear syringe to wash through the holes, same as the Birdlocked. The Dick Cage has less holes, but still has enough to allow washing this way. No feedback yet on pissing with the Dick Cage. I could on occasion stand with the Birdlocked, with a bit of care on cock tip placement vs the hole. But the safe bet was to sit down. I expect the Dick Cage to be the same, although the front hole seems just a bit bigger.

Comfort seems better with the Dick Cage, the ring holds the balls out forward just a bit, which is also what their literature states. Feels like this will keep the balls outwards and not get jammed up between the legs. First impression is the Dick Cage design is well thought out and promotes comfort. The key test is after a couple of days, that was the time the Birdlocked started pinching my balls at the juncture of the ring and the tube. It was not acceptable and rendered the device more of a toy than a long term device.

The Dick Cage does not have the ball separator, which seems to make it more comfortable. Again, remains to be seen, and not sure how that will affect security. Although the Dick Cage design is supposed to not need it.

The lock pin on both of them are not incredibly strong, although I never had a problem with the Birdlocked, and Dick Cage seems fine so far. The Dick Cage does have a ring that slips over the pin with kind of a hood on the upper half. I think it kind of keeps the lock from shifting, so maybe it is more of a lock-straightening device, to keep the lock pointed down. It is a good fit though, machined to exact sizing for the lock.

And the second unknown is if the balls will escape by themselves at night - I had that happen a couple of times with the Birdlocked and again that turned the device into a toy.

I do not yet have any experience about how secure the Dick Cage is. I know the Birdlocked can be defeated, then put back on with no evidence. All it takes is a bit of lube or oil and a bit of privacy and time. A private orgasm can be had with no one the wiser. So again the Birdlocked is a toy. I plan to give the Dick Cage a couple of days so I am well inspired and then see if it can also be defeated, although my first impression is that the Dick Cage will be a tougher nut to crack.

No knowledge yet about wearing under clothes. It seems to fine under the PJ's - same as always, I know it is there, so I can see it, but probably it is pretty well hidden. I wore the Birdlocked a number of time in public and it seemed fine. Based on the PJ test, the Dick Cage is probably the same.

Summary:
    Dick Cage is slightly favored on esthetics.
    Dick Cage is harder to put on, but the end result is fine.
    Dick Cage seems more comfortable at first. But a couple of days is the real test.
    Dick Cage seems more secure at first. But a couple of days is the real test.
    No knowledge yet on pissing standing up.
    No knowledge yet on ball "blowout".
    Discreteness under clothes seems the same, but a test under street clothes is needed

Let me know any questions or comments you have.

Regards

2. avidwood

avidwood Member

Local Time:
    First overnight update. Slept overnight with the Dick Cage. Complete erection control with no undue discomfort; did not wake up due to night erection, so I would say it is comfortable. Did not have any ball "blowout", although that did not happen every night with the Birdlocked. Washed and rinsed fine with rubber ear syringe and warm soapy water.

Did develop some sensitivity on the bottom/backside of ball sac where it come out of the ring, where it drapes over the edge of the ring so to speak. An acute burning feeling. Applied some sweet almond oil, which I use as a skin lubricant in different locations. Seems to have reduced the problem. Will wear the Dick Cage to work, but will bring the key just in case.

The device is moderately discrete under normal clothes. It does make a change in how my jeans fit, but I think it is due mostly to me knowing there is something there. Mostly, but not completely. I will keep an eye on it. I do sit under the desk most of my work day, so I do not expect any problems.

Was able to piss standing up, but did get some deflection at times. No real way to adjust the tip of my cock, so I will probably sit to piss while at work.

Regards

3. avidwood

avidwood Member

Local Time:
    The irritation on my ball sac continued to get worse throughout the day, so I took the Dick Cage off in the late afternoon. I put it back on when I got home, but could only leave it on for a hour or so. It was however easier to put on the second time. I used a few drops of sweet almond oil to lube the tube.

I decided to see if I would escape from the Dick Cage, so I got into a nice warm shower. It took a couple of moments, but eventually I figured out how to slide my finger into the tube from the rear. There was a little residual oil left inside, and once it mixed with a bit of warm water, it was quite easy to pull my cock out from the rear. After that, I had to flatten the empty tube, but once i did that, I was able to remove my balls from the ring. I did not try to get back into the assembled device. I think it would be pretty tough to do, but may not be impossible.

I guess what everybody says is true. If you are serious, get metal. The prices for the good custom ones are too high for me right now, so I will remain uncaged at this time.

Regards

4. Guest 2914

Local Time:
    1:07 AM
    A very informative review, thank you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice