Chastity cages and Christianity

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by Guest 3944, May 13, 2021.

Random Thread
  1. Muppet

Muppet Long term member

Local Time:
    11:50 PM

2. atxmtb

atxmtb Long term member

Local Time:
    5:50 PM
    There are many clinical terms for your behavior. I'm guessing relationship-insecurity. That's where there's a lack of confidence in oneself so they self-sabotage relationships. I'm guessing this isn't something new. I will try to be more supportive in the future.

3. Jay Sub

Jay Sub Chastity is a Lifestyle

Construction Manager
    England - South-East
    Local Time:
    Just don't say his name three times in a row!

4. Muppet

Muppet Long term member

Local Time:
    JaySaysYes likes this.
  5. JaySaysYes

JaySaysYes I identify as someone that is always right

Local Time:
    Ad hominem, yawn.

6. JaySaysYes

Local Time:
    :pray:

7. Muppet

Muppet Long term member

Local Time:
    *whispers* I think he’s gone….
    Funny thing is, he thinks I’m on his case for some reason, and I’m really not! Quite a while ago now, he irked me by attacking a third party for their sexual orientation. Words were exchanged and for my part, I thought it was done and dusted! Now every time we happen to appear on the same thread he thinks I’ve got some sort of agenda. Not so.

8. atxmtb

atxmtb Long term member

Local Time:
    5:50 PM
    No, I don't think it's personal. You do a great job of deflecting and not taking things personal yourself. I am not as well developed in that way. I'm always way to eager to defend myself or someone else. I've been known to defend someone on some topic I don't actually agree with, but I felt they were being attacked unfairly. This topic case in point. I'm a very unlikely person to defend Christianity. I've got so many doubts myself, yet I do believe there are many many good followers and that although there have been bad things committed in the name of Christianity and religion in general, there has been so much good, and so much beauty. It has inspired so many people. So I defend. Sometimes, though I take offense along the way. It is where I have things to learn from you (and God, not to equate you to God, but God does speak through you...sometimes)

9. Muppet

Muppet Long term member

Local Time:
    Christ appears to us in the form of every stranger we meet. Hence “when were you hungry Lord, and we fed you?” etc.
    So when you learn something from me, it’s not from me, but from Christ in me, and I’m just the vessel. Likewise when @JaySaysYes pisses you off, it’s Christ in @JaySaysYes pissing you off, to test you. Your task is to love him in his cantankerousness.
    And now I can hardly wait for @JaySaysYes to retort with the most offensive possible spin on the idea of Christ using him as a vessel! Tee hee.

10. Muppet

Muppet Long term member

Local Time:
    As for me “not taking things personal”, I’m glad you think I’m good at that, in real life I can easily succumb to injured pride because vainglory is my besetting sin - I’m working on it, though. And the truth is, I really AM an asshole, so the way I look at it is, if someone treats me like an asshole (even if they’re wrong in that instance), it’s something I’ve got coming to me from some past instance of assholism I got away with…. of which there are many.

11. JaySaysYes

Local Time:
    Jesus christ! You people are so focused on the self. It's all about you.

You'll do better to not take life so seriously, otherwise, when you die, Buddha will tell you "Sorry bro, one more go around for you."

Also, if you are goiong to have a psychotic break please don't involve me in it. It's creepy as fuck.

12. Muppet

Muppet Long term member

Local Time:
    Au contraire! It’s all Jesus, nipping about the place in a never ending dance. Hence the song.

13. Muppet

Muppet Long term member

Local Time:
    Actually I think there IS a sect in Buddhism where they deliberately fuck up to have another go round, like a sort of cosmic theme park ride.

14. JaySaysYes

Local Time:
    Does jesus also take over the bodies of the other animals, or are humans the only animals that are special enough?

It's easy to test. Let us know how you get on.

15. Muppet

Muppet Long term member

Local Time:
    It’s not so much “take over” as “share”. I think it’s a bit like how the Chinese Communist Party can share your Huahwei phone and all the CCTV equipment western governments have bought from them to increase security and protect against foreign espionage. Oops!
    Oooh and I only just realised that Huahwei rhymes with Yahweh. Doh!

As for your second point: not easy to test at all. If I were to deliberately ride the wheel of karma and become a woodpecker, then find you and peck out “hey it’s me, muppet” on your head in morse code, you’d still have some skeptical argument why it wasn’t true.

16. JaySaysYes

Local Time:
    Both are delusions. Nicely done.

17. Muppet

Muppet Long term member

Local Time:
    Thank you

18. littleguy3

littleguy3 Adoring husband

Bondservant to my wife
    USA - Virginia
    Local Time:
    6:50 PM
    From Romans 7: 15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law (CAGE) is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

The battle within. Nothing is new under the sun.

Muppet likes this.
  19. JaySaysYes

Local Time:
    Classic delusional nehaviour, and denial of responsibility for one's own actions. The dude needs to get his meds upped. Next he'll call a man in a dress to say some gibberish to expel the demon.

Typical modern human oxygen thief, can't stop scrolling on social media and lacks the self-control that his hunter-gatherer ancestors earned for him.

Nowadays we call is laziness and lack of self control. The author needs to sort himself out.

20. Jay Sub

Construction Manager
    England - South-East
    Local Time:
    15 to 19 are the battle within, and I would like to delve into those verses more. A bit convoluted, but I can get on board with those as a good start. Verse 20 is a problem. As JSY says no responsibility,.if interpreting it too literally. However, in the time it was written, most believed earthquakes were punishment from on high. So it is understandable that it reads that way.

21. Muppet

Muppet Long term member

Local Time:
    That entire chapter is Paul wrestling with paradoxes that his mind can’t grasp, since he was previously an ultra-zealous Pharisee and his entire worldview has been upended. He lurches from one extreme to another line by line, stating one thing then the contrary. You have to take the whole thing as a whole to follow his journey. So you and the Dark Jay are kinda correct, except that what Paul is doing here is not asserting a dogma, he’s navigating psychological rapids. That’s what’s so beautiful about Paul, his head is all but exploding! And Christians of each new generation have to traverse the same turbid waters.

littleguy3 likes this.
  22. Jay Sub

Construction Manager
    England - South-East
    Local Time:
    This doesn't explain the verse

23. Muppet

Muppet Long term member

Local Time:
    #1373 Muppet, Feb 8, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2024
    The verse in itself doesn’t need much unpacking: Paul is just describing the tension between the intentions of the conscious subject and their being overcome by bodily appetite, force of habit, strong emotion, addiction, mental illness etc. Centuries later, Kant will assert that “Freedom consists in doing one’s duty” as he sees the war between a rationally derived law and animal instinct as a furnace in which the moral agency of man is forged, whilst Freud will wrestle with the same complexities and offer his own “trinity” of Id, Ego and Superego in an attempt to explain what produces human subjectivity.

littleguy3 likes this.
  24. Muppet

Muppet Long term member

Local Time:
    #1374 Muppet, Feb 8, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2024
    In fact, Pauline Christianity is radically more insistent than these later models on human responsibility for evil, by asserting that the Fall from Eden is an original choice to abrogate our potential for moral sovereignty, taken by Adam but repeated in each generation by every individual, and that it’s this choice which binds us to sin…. and even that the very fabric of the universe is thrown into a state of contradiction by our collective and individual decision - with repentance and imitation of the crucified Christ as our way out. The Law of Love (actualised in self sacrifice) is stronger than the Law of Death.

littleguy3 likes this.
  25. Sherrie’sPleasure

Sherrie’sPleasure Long term member

Retired
    Southern USA
    Local Time:
    6:50 PM
    The question is, does the chastity cage help us better surrender to it or does it take us away from that goal?
    It’s my belief that the chastity cage can help me to better serve and surrender my sexuality to my Goddess & Wife. I am a man saved from the wilderness and totally surrender to her and God.

littleguy3 and atxmtb like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice