Chastity and mental focus below 40yrs

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by vanillachaste2, Mar 14, 2022.

Random Thread
  1. vanillachaste2

vanillachaste2 New member

Local Time:
    5:19 AM
    Hello everyone :)!

I wanted to bring up a topic that I have not seen enough for my taste. To me it is very important, as it is the limiting factor for my strolls in chastity garden: If I get too horny, I get bad at focusing on very important issues like my future or my complex job. I know - it's kind of the point of being horny, but most of the time I can't afford it.

Don't get me wrong: I went without orgasm for more than 3 month numerous times and I loved the experience and my girl loved the attention - but boy did I neglect my duties. I mean I did show up, and when I was in a meeting my mind worked just fine, but I wasn't able to focus on anything but sexy stuff when alone. And I need to think when I'm alone to prepare and to sort my head. High hormone levels only helped with sports, other than that they just slowed me down a lot.

Right now I'm even struggeling with one orgasm a week rhythm for longer, as hormones are building up over time and distract me. I did add "below 40" to the title as I feel that it might be different for people of 35 (like me) and 60 for example. Anyone is welcome to answer though, of course. Also I know I have a high sex drive and additionally a mild attention deficit... so i do expect this to be harder on me than others. Still - how did you learn to cope? Or do you just make the deal of being unfocused to enjoy the lifestyle?

This is really something that takes a part of the fun for me. I hope I'm not alone and maybe some of you have a good answer ;-)!

All the best

VC

2. unicoh

unicoh Member

Spain, Bcn
    Local Time:
    Hi vanillachaste2!

I am in the same situation. :)

I'm over 40, and when my chastity period is higher than 1 month I feel that is really difficult for me to concentrate into the job tasks and important things. To develope these taks with concentration, means that I require to spent a lot of energy and time, focussing my attention on it. And at the end of the day, I'm really tired, and obviously more submissve than ever.

In the other way, after this long periods, when I release, I feel that I'm full of energy (more than usual), and obviously with less interest to my submissive rol.

To balance it, in long periods, I had a "non complete releases" with anal stimulation or similar.
    In any case is hard the mental imbalance that this status creates.

Really interesting topic!

3. Giles_English

Giles_English Chaste slave

Slave
    UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    3:19 AM
    I think there are several things going on.

First is sex drive. You were right to talk about age. I think it does get easier the older you get. I'm in my 50s and have no trouble with permanent. Doubt it would have worked in my 30s.

However, there's also novelty. It's bound to be really very exciting the first few times.

Beyond that, there's identity. 24/7 chastity forces us to integrate our kinky side with with your day to day "real world" self. That requires some processing.

As for how to handle it. Take up running. Practice mindfulness. If there's BDSM in your relationship, try to get a regular whipping.

Peter Rabbit, corsac, Rectrix and 3 others like this.
  4. vanillachaste2

Local Time:
    Thank you for your answers!

Novelty is a factor I guess. For me it's still new enough not to be a habit. It's like a half-habit. So yeah... I guess keeping at it will smoothen this out^^.

Identity is a good one! I noticed how much processing is going on, but didn't get the idea that this is distracting me... since it's got nothing to do with hornyness. But it does distract, now that you say it - big time! Thanks for bringing it up! And not only thoughts about my identity but also how all of this might fit in my relationship. However it does fit already and I might overthink this factor. But the question of what I want this to be in my/our life is a big one. Hm. Really, thanks. Any more thoughts on this xdxd?

I guess another thing is me trying to figure out wether I am missing out on something when in chastity. I wonder what you think about it as you are in a permanent situation?

Mindfulness and running... I got that. I do like a spanking - but how does it help with being horny?

5. Giles_English

Slave
    UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I think the spanking - in my case, whipping - helps because it's cathartic and perhaps some of the brain chemical involved fool the body somewhat.

The identity thing is weird. In a way, I too am still processing. We tell ourselves a lot of stories about ourselves, and ongoing chastity derails most of them. At the same time, the negative stuff goes away because you can't compartmentalise. You're no longer in the situation where you have two contrasting selves, one potentially shameful. And, you no longer have a fantasy life in the same way because you are now living it.

You've also handed over a power in your relationship that you are unlikely to get back, without losing the Femdom. So welcome to the slippery slope.

Mindfulness does work with this, and is relatively easy to get the hang of - there are even apps to help you. You may even find it benefits you beyond this particular issue.

6. vanillachaste2

Local Time:
    I guess mindfulness, sports, sleep and good food are things that can all help with coping with chastity. In my experience the distraction gets far stronger if these factors are not ok in my life at that moment. I'm already getting into meditation for many reasons and I guess chastity is one. Chastoping (term describing coping with chastity ;-)) is a task for the mind and the will and I guess if you have a lifestyle and mindset that gives you good capacity in both, you'll be far less affected by chastoping.

But I'm also sure that we all are affected. Chastity changes the way you live your days. I think it is something you simply have to have time and energy for - especially when having less experience with it and a high sex drive (because of age or good/bad luck).

Last night i couldn't sleep until 4am and was rolling chastity related topics around in my head. As I am currently self locking (the lady has other things in mind), I decided to give myself a good wank to straighten my head. I feel it was a good decision, although I sacrificed the excitement of training myself to remain locked. The thing is that I am in a high performance, high stress situation already. I can basically choose where to spend my focus on: chastity or ...well ...the rest.

When I went without orgasm for 3 months, it took up 50% of my mental energy. I always hoped for it to get less taxing over time, but there was maybe a day or two per month that was not filled with chastoping. Not that chastoping can't be fun, sometimes it is great fun - and the feeling of being horny and all... that's why we do it. But is it compatible with performing in life?

I don't want to give up on chastity completely. Actually I want to have as much of it in my life as possible, but I have to manage the cost. And it's addictive too. I'm sure I'm not alone with these thoughts.

As men in chastity, being good at chastoping is crucial for a good chastity-life-balance. It's the main thing we do all the time. Why is there so much silence about how to chastope best? Of course we are all different and there might be some that don't even want to "cope" and just dive in completely, but most of us will have to, as there are more things in life than chastity - even when being in chastity. The veterans surely found their way and might also have it more easy due to experience and age. Others might just not get distracted much by design. But generally with less experience, the importance of learning good and indivudually fitting chastoping strategies quickly gets more important. Also finding a process to prioritize and set a goal for chastity-life-balance is important - we are talking about an addictive topic. I jumped in and made good and bad decisions and am understanding all this only now. Which doesn't mean I already have answers for myself or anybody else. But I am asking the community why there isn't much talk about these important things? If there was a course that teaches me how to be more relaxed and content in chastity, I'd take it. Any therapists around that want to get into this^^? How does chastity work in our minds? Surely there are some issues most of us have - what are the best ways to defeat them? Giles English gave me some great answers from his experience (thanks). I honestly think our community would benefit from more (organised) content on how to chastope and be content. Maybe the reason why there isn't much talk about it is that we are men and not many of us are too comfortable to talk about feelings, especially if they are about a topic we struggle with. Admittng something is hard, is hard. Admitting to have given in and released can be hard. And I guess opening up about things is also something we learn over time. So I guess we don't hear a lot of voices of fellows that have less experienced and are struggeling. Or maybe it's because the topic is no sexy fantasy and sexy fantasy is just far more exciting to talk about. However I am disagreeing with myself on this - learning to cope to remain locked more while functioning in life is a sexy thought (at least for me). Plus it enables us to be locked without stealing our ladies attention because of it. So there - I'm done rambling. What do you think?

PadMech likes this.
  7. Lazlo Toth

Lazlo Toth C/D on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale: 9/9

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    8:19 PM
    I am so glad someone is helping to break the myth (in my mind) that chastity "helps you focus". Sure, it helps you focus on certain things like your keyholder, but it can be a huge distraction in other things.

My recommendation is to savor the distraction. Just like an athlete has to embrace the pain. Avoiding it leads to failure. But the pain of athletic greatness has to be managed--not avoided.

Perhaps the same with chastity. The horniness needs to be managed. Savored, managed.

8. mikecb

mikecb Long term member

Local Time:
    11:19 PM
    Agreed. I've been interested in chastity for 25 years or more. I can say that when I'm chaste, I'm MUCH more distracted. Every time I read a story saying "I use chastity to focus..." I call bullshit. My body doesn't work that way. In fact, the major draw of chastity play IS the distraction. Being perpetually horny is WHY I like to lock up.

corsac, LockedTower and Lazlo Toth like this.
  9. Elfman

Elfman Gay werewolves & martinis

Artist, photographer, bartender
    Boise, Idaho
    Local Time:
    Very strenuous exercise early in the day.

10. Kat9s toy

Kat9s toy Long term member

California (US)
    Local Time:
    When I was in my 40s, this was an issue...staying focused on things other than wanting to cum when in chastity. We were actively into BDSM at the time, and Mistress frequently used her single-tail (whip) on me. I don't necessarily recommend this for everyone. You have to be a bit of a masochist or pain slut. But....I found that the endorphins released from heavy play like this satisfied me and replaced the frequent need for an orgasm. At least for a day or 2. LOL. (Don't know whether that's useful info for you or not.)

Lazlo Toth likes this.
  11. vanillachaste2

Local Time:
    Would you say this helps you for the moment or does it help you focus throughout the day?

Very interesting, Giles said the same. Of course this is a strategy that can only work if there is a lady and she decides to inflict some pain (I guess it's not important which way). I'll keep it in mind^^.

I am dealing with the distraction that way as much as I can - as you said: if you can't embrace it, you can't go on for long. So yeah, you're right, this is the way (of the Mandalorian). However if the distraction is very strong, it takes more energy to manage it - energy I can't use on anything else. I think I'm trying to find ways to lower the distraction in order to be able to manage and embrace it with less energy. Much like an athlete would want to learn the best technique to avoid avoidable pain and make the best out of his/her power.

Rectrix and Lazlo Toth like this.
  12. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    I think you summed things up nicely. It seems there's no easy answer. But I guess we might say that if we can utterly overcome the distraction.....it wouldn't really be any fun.

13. JaySaysYes

JaySaysYes I identify as someone that is always right

Local Time:
    4:19 AM
    I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Sometimes I get so overwhelmed with horny desperate thoughts that I feel like I can't function, and all I really want to do is curl up in bed and wish time away, and I realy don't want to wish time away.

I find meditating helps, as does cold showers, but really it is just an exercise in mental self control.

Literally, all we need to do is decide which thoughts we want to accept on a moment by moment basis.

Saying it and doing it are entirely separate things though.

Being locked and denied is easily one of the most difficult things I have experienced.

Lazlo Toth and Rectrix like this.
  14. vanillachaste2

Local Time:
    Lazlo, I'm with you on that - to overcome it completely would also take away the fun. I think there is always a masochistic element to wearing a cage for longer periods - welcome or not. We want to feel caged and we want to lose power and the distraction is something we don't have power over. At least never completely. If it was gone, it'd be like being in a prison cell that is the entire world. You'd never feel trapped^^.

I know the metaphors aren't perfect, but humor me please: What I think is there are people who get out of prison after years in it and they were so distracted by it, that they forgot half of the rest of the world. And then there are guys like Nelson Mandela who gets out of prison after decades, takes a deep breath and becomes president right away. Now I would guess that he also felt trapped a lot, but somehow got less distracted and affected by it. And yes, I know, in his case having a mission to free his country might have helped too ;-).

I think how much you just want to give in is one of personal choice. It is fun to make being trapped sexually your world - been there^^. I guess I'm so focused on the topic because learning to be less affected is the only way to integrate chastity in my life in a meaningful way right now. If I can't take it more like Nelson, I just can't do it much - ain't nobody got time. It might also be about self control and how to learn it.

Yeah, right!?!?!? It's crazy difficult and taxing! Fun too, but you've got that monkey sitting on your shoulder every second of the day - and at least my monkey can be a gorilla on cocain. Still love the bugger.

Wanting to whish the time away is not a good situation. I think it is okay to say I feel sorry to read that you are there sometimes and also give a high five for writing about it. (If you're like me, that's not always easy.)

So we got meditation, sports, cold showers, pain play, acceptance (mental management) and processing identity. We are progressing :). I can add that anal play has saved the day for me too on some occasions. Same with having awesome caged sex with the lady. I guess teasing sessions are also something to lower distraction (if not over done). Sharing with others helps too. Never did it here, but sharing with my lady made it more easy at times.

What else? Any other things that help you guys?

Lazlo Toth likes this.
  15. Giles_English

Slave
    UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I think partnered chastity has to be easier than solo! Then everything is through the lens of "being owned", and there are things to look forward to.

Lazlo Toth likes this.
  16. SlaveBoy73

SlaveBoy73 Long term member

Local Time:
    What is Chastoping?

17. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    Do you guys think that maybe......just maybe......we are putting this "I get way more focused and productive" myth to rest?

Even this thread is helping me to fight the distraction. My current circumstances are making my chastity nearly permanent as of a few days ago. I am almost sick to my stomach.

I am so glad for this thread. I was worried I was SUPPOSED to be solving the world's problems as a result of my chastity.

seasoned and SlaveBoy73 like this.
  18. SlaveBoy73

Local Time:
    I know that I feel distracted by my orgasm denial. If I was only a brainless slave who simply waited on Mistress hand and foot, I could deal with my present level of horniness but I'm a professional with binding obligations.

Sometimes, I need to cum just so that I can get work done. That's my reality. I wish it were otherwise but I am incredibly distracted and horny.

I think it's better in retirement when I can focus on Mistress but alas I'm not in a position to retire yet.

vanillachaste2 and Lazlo Toth like this.
  19. SlaveBoy73

Local Time:
    Oh never mind...he said that it's coping with chastity.

20. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    I think there are TWO distinct aspects to being "cum free": The physical sensation of wanting to cum. And the frustration (or whatever the feeling is) of not being allowed to cum and not knowing when that next time will occur.

BOTH contribute to the distraction. Right now I am on about the two week mark.....and, I have no idea when "next" will be. It's about the worst time ever for me. The dreaded two week mark....and no end in sight.

21. true42

true42 Owned member

Local Time:
    You're not the only one.

Sometimes, making lists helps me when I'm caged and horny. I spend a few minutes making a list of things that I need to do, then I work through them like a robot, imagining how proud she will be of me for finishing tasks that I'm supposed to do.

22. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    I love the virtuous cycle that gets created as a result: Being locked....makes you want to do nice things....which leads to me being locked more....which causes me to want to do nice things.

true42 likes this.
  23. Headtrip

Headtrip Long term member

Midwest USA
    Local Time:
    Totally agree that Chastity screws with my ability to focus on anything but my Queen and sex. I have found that it gets easier after the 6 week mark IFF the other tasks are truly important. When my Queen had a nearly fatal event, for example, the cage instantly meant nothing. Ditto with a true emergency at work. Sex suddenly stops mattering (yes I am over 60).

However, that is exactly what my Queen loves. I am off my game and at her mercy. I truly need her. I need her attention and her discipline just to function efficiently in other things. Chastity, in this sense, is the great equalizer. My logic/left brain is neutralized. I tell her when I have something important going on and she helps me focus.

Do I like this 100% of the time? Hell no. Did she like being irrelevant to my "important business"? Equally not. For us, Chastity is far more than a game. Understanding her real control (over my mind, not just my dick) is what makes it hot, and appreciation of all that gets me through the rough times.

24. captivatedbyher

captivatedbyher romantic want to be

Farmer
    Northern NY
    Local Time:
    Everything has trade offs, perhaps a back and forth on an as needed basis? If you need to focus on you girl more put the cage on, it does make her the center of your attention. But sometimes we need to focus on work and the cage comes off for a time.

The hormones calm down at some point for most all men, and the cage can be permanent, but will likely be a few years for you.

Also, over working your body will calm those hormones down, for a few months I was putting in 90+ hours a week of manual labor, one night my wife rolled over and asked "who have you been sleeping with?" Take a second job, work work work :)

25. Elfman

Elfman Gay werewolves & martinis

Artist, photographer, bartender
    Boise, Idaho
    Local Time:
    Pretty much all day.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice