For those in therapy ...

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by tightlockup, Feb 8, 2023.

Random Thread
  1. tightlockup

tightlockup Junior Member

Local Time:
    7:45 PM
    Have you ever told your therapist about your chastity situation , or for that matter about your BDSM lifestyle? I'd like to tell mine but I
    a) don't want that stuff going into my medical record
    and
    b) don't know if she will judge me or not

How have you handled this?

Thanks

2. Renee DePlume

Renee DePlume Active member

Southeastern US (Georgia)
    Local Time:
    8:45 PM
    While I have not been in therapy, I didn't think that the therapist was supposed to be judgey.... It would seem to me as if they would need to know all of the information to help you....
    Kind of like being afraid to tell the doctor "I have really bad dandruff" because they would be judgey... you have to give all the details to give them an idea of what needs addressing.

3. Deleted member 90943

I haven't told my therapist about my chastity, but I have told her about my foot fetish. Reason for that was because I felt very ashamed of it, and needed to not feel that way about something that is totally normal.

If you feel the need to tell your therapist then go for it, but only once you feel comfortable enough.

If you have a good therapist, they won't judge you at all. If they do, then you might want to find someone else

Isopropylforyou and tightlockup like this.
  4. tomf_22033

tomf_22033 Long term member

VA USA
    Local Time:
    I have PTSD and get treatment for it. When I was looking for my current therapist I asked her if she was LGBT and kink friendly. We had a good talk about it and what I wanted from treatment and what I needed.

The first few weeks I spent giving her a primer on BDSM, poly relationships etc. I didn't go into my specific kinks except that I am sexually submissive, bisexual and poly. She said she's interested in the lifestyle but her SO isn't so she has to just deal with it. She also said she had a few other clients in the lifestyle and it was nice to learn from our discussion. And she said it was very helpful. Ironically, every now and then we laugh about when I interviewed her and why I asked her the questions I did. She thinks it's a good thing and wish more did. So I offer this....

When looking for a therapist ask them questions before the initial visit. Or ask at the visit. Make a list. Be sure to have a pen or pencil and mark off the questions and jot notes if needed. The more you ask the better fit you'll find. In my case it took about 3 months to find the right therapist. But OMG she's helped me so so much!

Moving a few years forward, we seldom talk about kink but more broadly about relationships and how they impact my PTSD.

My suggestion for anyone reading this is to not be afraid to talk to professionals (e.g. doctors, nurses, therapists, lawyers, etc). They work for you. So if they judge you, find someone else. That said, don't dump on them more than what is necessary. For instance, I didn't go into chastity, specific parties etc. I did however discuss bondage, crossdressing, and other kinks at a general level. But if chastity was relevant to a discussion then I wouldn't hesitate. It's just being respectful and relevant.

One final thing. I'd suggest folks make an outline of what they want to discuss in sessions. I've found that coming prepared helps make me get so much more out of the session. It also keeps us on track. And it's something that my therapist and I also laugh about. She kids me about it showing my management and organization skills!

5. Caged for life

Caged for life Long term member

Sheetmetal mechanic
    USA
    Local Time:
    That's their job, is to listen and be objective not judgmental, and you have doctor client privilege they are not to discuss you outside of talking to you

Deleted member 90943 likes this.
  6. R2002

R2002 Long term member

Attorney
    USA
    Local Time:
    YES!

Both my individual therapist and the couples therapist my Wife and I see (both of whom specialize in sex therapy)

7. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    1:45 AM
    totally agree!

8. SubSnuggler

SubSnuggler Owned by Mistress2and4you

USA
    Local Time:
    Yes, and ironically I asked my therapist at the time specifically about cuckolding, as my Mistress Wife had asked me to consider it. After doing some testing (which also involved some homework for my Wife), the therapist said she thought I might be a good candidate for a cuck! She didn't think it would hurt me. She said my Wife and I both had the correct mind-sets to introduce that play into our marriage. She was right.

She was aware of chastity, impact play, the whole nine yards. Scenes, particularly 'high impact' scenes, have huge positive influences on your mental health, particularly if your dominant is good at after-care. It only makes sense that you share these episodes with your therapist because they have big impacts on your mental health!

I later moved on from that therapist, but only because of an obnoxious billing dispute, not because of anything she did as a therapist.

9. Isopropylforyou

Isopropylforyou Long term member

Seeker of Truth and Knowledge.
    Texas
    Local Time:
    Only if you feel it is relevant to what you are in therapy for.

If you think it will help, then yes

If it's not related to why you are in therapy, then no.

Iso.

10. Fatkid1

Fatkid1 Unquestionably devoted

Local Time:
    FLR very vaguely, basic level, but not the chastity part.

Isopropylforyou likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice