When is a cage too tight?

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by Deleted member 114215, Nov 1, 2023.

1. Deleted member 114215

So I’m new to this - trying a Cobra Nano which is 65mm long and quite a squeeze for me - I’m usually around 100mm soft… but when really “relaxed” can be as small as 70/80mm.

I knew the 65mm would be tight… but I thought worth it. Short is better right?

So I can get it on… and without too much difficulty. But I’m kind of scrunched up in there! I can see folds in the skin in my length… and also slightly bulging into the outer edges of the cage!

so when is small too small? It’s not uncomfortable… and I’m only wearing for daytime - today 14 hours. But wondering if too small is a thing? Or if I just need to “grow into it”

thoughts please!!

2. LockedinNH2

LockedinNH2 Active member

New Hampshire U.S.A.
    Local Time:
    8:16 PM
    I haven't gone smaller yet but was told when I do go 1/4" short and 1/2" wider.

It gives it somewhere to go.
    I do t think you want folds
    I am still new so hopefully someone with actual experience can explain.

Deleted member 114215 likes this.
  3. Deleted member 114215

I guess I’ve gone a little over 1/2” shorter… and I’m not sure about the width!! Maybe that’s the thing of your first cage!!!!

4. Fisherman

Fisherman Long term member

Local Time:
    If you can get it on without too much difficulty, you are probably going to be just fine. Wear it progressively longer and monitor for problems. If you are lucky, you have saved yourself from buying many cages to get to where you are now.
    Best wishes.

5. Deleted member 114215

Are you thinking I’ll “shrink” to fit the space?

It’s not uncomfortable at all - in fact quite the reverse. It just looks tight. Both with length scrunched up and width pushing against the cage. Perhaps I’m still just too excited to be inside it!!

Mickdrizzle likes this.
  6. JaySaysYes

JaySaysYes I identify as someone that is always right

Local Time:
    1:16 AM
    To get your true size, masturbate 5 times to orgasm and then sit in an ice bath for 60 minutes while watching Joe Biden trip up stairs.

Then measure.

7. Fisherman

Fisherman Long term member

Local Time:
    No, I don't think you'll shrink to fit it better. I think you may have found your perfect size.

It took me years to figure out just how small a cage I can fit in comfortably. In the beginning of chastity play I started with bigger cages that seemed to fit, but found that sometimes I would have extra room. I kept downsizing. Now I have a Titanium cage that's quite small, and comfy.

Time will tell. Good luck to you.

Caged4Sazz likes this.
  8. harddenial

harddenial Member

UK near London
    Local Time:
    In my experience getting the base ring shape and size right and the base ring/cage ring space correct is much more important than cage length. I started with a Jail Bird with a 3 1/2" cage length (roughly my flaccid length) but I now wear a micro Jail Bird which has a 3/4" cage length which is extremely comfortable, partly because erection attempts are completely stifled.

Caged4Sazz likes this.
  9. Deleted member 114215

That sounds such fun! I’m sure there must be a better way!

10. Deleted member 114215

Well I’ve yet to find I have any room at the end… my glans push up against the end and sometimes under pressure squeeze a little through the piss hole at the end… and much to my surprise given it’s all lines up I can actually piss standing up too… bit awkward- but doable!!

so basically having everything a little squished is OK as long as I’m not uncomfortable

11. Deleted member 114215

So in your view the ring size matters… but the length I can go as small as I want as long as it’s not uncomfortable? No down side to squeezing into a shorter cage - however much shorter?

Going from 3.5” to 0.75” is a hell of a size reduction!!! I’d have guessed I’d needed a 3.5 if I went for my actual length! But I knew I needed to go shorter… but didn’t really know how much shorter!!

12. IB-Chaste

IB-Chaste Chastity Superman.

Local Time:
    Without advising on your fit as I personally believe it’s all about personal preference, the most important factor you should be mindful of if you are squeezed into a cage is hygiene.
    If I know my cages correctly, I think the cobra is quite an enclosed design, it has breathing holes but these will become irrelevant to the skin that is pressed against the cage.

Pressing your skin against a cage wall or squeezing the skin together in such a way will create a warm moist environment. Basically, you’re going to get infected skin follicles; little white spots on the penis. I mean, they’re not life-threatening and are actually quite fun to squeeze if you don’t mind the pain… but it’s a little off putting if your coming straight from your cage to intercourse.

I don’t know how you interact with your cage. Timescales etc. I would just advise that you find a way to keep your skin clean and dry if you aim to stay in for long periods.

13. harddenial

harddenial Member

UK near London
    Local Time:
    For me the cage size reduction was gradual, over years. As @IB-Chaste says, hygiene can be an issue. In the open design and steel JailBirds it's pretty easy and I've been able to wear them for several months without any removal.

14. Deleted member 114215

Thanks - makes sense. So am probably OK as long as I clean say once a week. And move to a metal cage if I (Or the wife!!) wants me locked up long term! Got it!

15. littleguy3

littleguy3 Adoring husband

Bondservant to my wife
    USA - Virginia
    Local Time:
    You can / should clean with a q-tip and squirt bottle or spray wand daily. Remove and check it weekly. If that's working, you can go longer without removal as long as you clean daily.

16. Deleted member 114215

Sorry - I meant take off for “deep clean” once a week!! Shower every day and wash as thoroughly as can in shower was my plan.

Caged4Sazz likes this.
  17. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    As long as it’s not causing you any pain or discomfort, and there is no change in temperature to your penis, then you should be fine. If the skin feels cold to the touch then your compromising circulation and you should stop wearing it and get a larger device.

18. Deleted member 114215

Actually… since “wearing it in” this week a few days… I’m beginning to feel like I’m getting a little space in there!! Maybe my solid cage is stretching a little!!

19. Ackwon

Ackwon Active member

Local Time:
    I think most of the ‘standard’ size cages are way too big for most of the people out there. They are great for a newbie to try things out or use as a foreplay tool for a few hours, but if you want to wear them long term, finding a cozy but tight fit would be essential.

Your normal ‘relaxed’ length is not in fact the true length as it can shrink easily during cold weather, or like the others said, watching any US president play dumb. Based on what you have described, it sounds like you have found a good fit for now. As others said, look out for any circulation problem but you should be good overall.

20. jemima

jemima maid for my Mistress

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:

well you can ask your KH if you cud have another one and then when you takes it off for cleaning you can put the other one on and you wont have to not be caged then.

21. VinnyDfl

VinnyDfl Active member

Local Time:
    Maybe. Short can wake you up at night when your penis starts to grow. I have had cages so big that you could hardly see my penis as it was mostly inside my body. That was 100 lbs ago. I am now much lighter and my penis is no longer at about 2.5" or less. My cage size is called "Baby" size. What works best for me over the last decade plus, is when the tip of my penis during normal state (most often size) almost touches the end of the cage.

Too small and it irritates the tip of my penis plus I have bled a few times from breaking a blood vessel when my penis tried to get erect. Too long is not a physical problem but more of a where Waldo issue as my penis can retreat so that you cannot even see it in the cage at times. Right now my cage is slightly longer than my penis which is perfect for comfort and no waking up in pain from an erection without a little room to grow.

Yet there is more than just the cage size. The gap is important too as I learned with my first custom cage and my current 3D printed one which is the most comfortable one yet. The smaller the gap, the closer the cage is to your body and that of course affects how much room your penis needs.

In short, my opinion is that the cage should be slightly longer than your penis at normal size. Smaller is better for hygiene too as your urine is mostly going out the front of the cage. If cage is too long then it splashes all over and you have to work harder to keep it clean. My cage basically allows me to pee out the front and leaves very little mess to clean up. Squirt bottle of water and mouth wash. This is a good tip someone gave me. Add about 10-20% mouthwash to a bottle of water and it will kill the urine smell and is antiseptic too. Go lightly with it or too much can burn. Then I just use a swab to clean the head of my penis and front of the cage because that is all that gets wet.

So short, but not tight is best for hygiene and comfort.

22. Deleted member 114215

There is always that!! But I was actually referring to it coming off for me to have a proper clean. Guess the cage could have a good clean at the same time.

23. tightlockup

tightlockup Junior Member

Local Time:
    7:16 PM
    Kink3d makes cobra cages of varying widths (small , standard, wide starting with the N. Might be worth a look.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice