An uphill struggle

Discussion in 'Journals and blogs' started by hopefulhubby, Sep 28, 2022.

Random Thread
  1. littleguy3

littleguy3 Adoring husband

Bondservant to my wife
    USA - Virginia
    Local Time:
    1:56 PM
    Have you been tempted to suggest to these women that they put their husband in chastity and then tease & deny them to get them motivated?

IB-Chaste likes this.
  2. knightly

knightly Long term member

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I'm the same. My wife wants me to stop trying to please everyone and do everything. To express my desires.

The couple I mentioned in my previous post. from Felicitas and Rama. Rama's mantra was "Happy wife, Happy Life", This nauseated Felicitas. She wants a strong man who knows what he wants, isn't trying to please and takes charge to get it.
    I'm likewise strong, responsible, cook, clean, all that stuff, which is handy, but isn't what lets a woman feel safe and embrace her feminine.

IB-Chaste likes this.
  3. littleguy3

Bondservant to my wife
    USA - Virginia
    Local Time:
    So Acts of Service are not her love language. Maybe pursue daily words of affirmation / compliments, occasional gifts, and companionship (work on stuff together, take her on dates, go for walks together, talk about how she's feeling about (life, her job, your relationship. the kids, her family, her friends, etc), engage in the eentertainment, TV programs &/or social media sites she watches).

IB-Chaste likes this.
  4. hopefulhubby

hopefulhubby Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
    6:56 PM
    Yeah, I've tried all that.

I tried working out her love language and I honestly believe she doesn't have one. After I gave up trying to work it out I mentioned the love languages to gauge which one she might respond to. She thought it was all nonsense so I am none the wiser.

I think I am just going to have to stop being so subtle and just ask her what I'm supposed to do and who she wants me to be.

littleguy3 and IB-Chaste like this.
  5. IB-Chaste

IB-Chaste Chastity Superman.

Local Time:
    Noooo…. I mean, yes, you could do that… but being open has seemed to have worked so far, so why not do more of that?
    Now this might sound really stupid! As all of my brilliant ideas often are, but have you thought of being really open? You know those little events, those little interactions you have with other people. The ones you’d never tell your wife? Why not mention those?
    I told my wife of one the other day, just some girl (who’s young enough to be my daughter I will add and doesn’t appeal to me in that way), she always stares at me when I’m at work. I hadn’t seen her for a while and the other day she happened to be about and made me feel, well, uncomfortable. I told my wife… she didn’t get angry, she told me something unrelated but in the same vain. It all got a little hot and rather quite passionate…
    After, I felt a little daft that I thought I should hide this from my wife. I’d never cheat, but why shouldn’t she know I’m still desirable to others?

littleguy3, ChasteJase and knightly like this.
  6. ChasteJase

ChasteJase Long term member

Local Time:
    Thanks for that extra info. You sound a lot like me in that regard, so we can definitely remove the lazy husband issue from this. It sounds like IB-Chaste has summed her up well.

At this point, I think you just need to let her walk in on your masturbating a few times until she tells you to cage up. Just kidding, but that always seems like it should be the quick fix.

You said "I think the dislike of the cage is related to this control of me she needs exert. In that sense it isn't my body - it's hers, as in she owns it." If that is true, then it seems like she should want to keep her penis nice and locked up until she wants to play with it. Perhaps she just has a hangup about you wearing a sex toy - which may be the most likely issue with the whole thing.

7. littleguy3

Bondservant to my wife
    USA - Virginia
    Local Time:
    YES!!! Brilliant!

IB-Chaste likes this.
  8. knightly

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    ChasteJase said:
    At this point, I think you just need to let her walk in on your masturbating a few times until she tells you to cage up.

Funny thing...pre-chastity, I decided to do this in bed one morning while my wife was downstairs. Then decided to be right on edge of orgasm as she walked in on me. She loved it! (I did not get to have an orgasm).

I think it was a moment of honest vulnerability...we talked about it, and ultimately I think it helped enable chastity. Because I became more comfortable talking about it, and she appreciated that I was able to do that in front of her.

9. Arlentia2

Verified Female

Local Time:
    Also some women don’t care about their partners masterbating. Do we know that @hopefulhubby’s does? (This thread is too long to read back through it all). She seems like the type of person who wouldn’t be bothered.

10. Arlentia2

Verified Female

Local Time:
    One of them I did - basically right after my husband and I started because I couldn’t stop thinking about how it could fix the parts of her relationship that bother her. She did ask her husband if he ever fantasized about being locked up and he said he “didn’t think he would like that.” She also is so unattracted to and “disgusted” by his body that the idea of teasing him is unappealing. The other friend I casually mentioned that she should Google FLR and she responded as I mentioned above - that she doesn’t WANT to make all the decisions, that she wants him to have an opinion, to help direct their etc. It’s frustrating to me to hear them respond this way and I would love to push it but I also don’t want to foist my kink on them - as I have learned from all of you is a big no-no.

I think what @knightly has been talking about might be what is going on. Maybe I’ll recommend that TV show.

I am pretty flummoxed by @hopefulhubby’s wife - maybe he should have her read this thread - she might get a kick out of seeing everyone trying to figure her out and then just tell you what the deal is.

11. hopefulhubby

UK
    Local Time:
    I was actually going to ask her this at some point. I was going to ask if she minded and if I needed permission each time. The fact she read the article which says all men do it means she knows I do it too and that she hasn't indicated any displeasure about it means she probably doesn't care too much and it takes the pressure of her to provide sex.

As with all these things I'm waiting for the right moment and pacing so she doesn't think I have a one track mind. (Which of course at the moment I do!)

Arlentia2, littleguy3 and IB-Chaste like this.
  12. hopefulhubby

UK
    Local Time:
    My wife's opinion is FLR is what she wants but should take no effort on her part. Tease and denial is definitely off the table with her - she told me so. My opinion is valued but she always has the final say. So I am lucky in this regard.

13. littleguy3

Bondservant to my wife
    USA - Virginia
    Local Time:
    My wife has breakfast with a group of friends once a month. They all complain that their husbands don't help them out around the house. She is very reluctant to tell them about our dynamic because she doesn't want to brag and hasn't been comfortable sharing why our situation has changed including chastity. But she is getting a little more comfortable talking about sexuality with them now. I think it would be great for her to tell them about the effects of tease & denial on a husband.
    Yeah, I agree! It's hard to know. There are so many things that can factor into a situation like this. What are the factors that put the "brakes" on your libido and cause you not to be interested in physical intimacy with your husband?

Arlentia2 and Stephplayswithyou like this.
  14. littleguy3

Bondservant to my wife
    USA - Virginia
    Local Time:
    I think that's the difference between your wife and mine. Although mine doesn't want to have to do much to motivate me to love her, please her and attend to her needs, she does realize that it takes tease & denial to get my motor running. And for her, it becomes very arousing and gets her in the mood much more often for sexual pleasure herself.

15. hopefulhubby

UK
    Local Time:
    #165 hopefulhubby, Jun 21, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2023
    The frustrating thing for me is that she won't do any of the things which might help her arousal. She just doesn't see it as important.

I'm now at 2+ weeks since we last had sex and her behaviour has gone from touchy-feely and words of affection to indifference again. This is exactly the pattern that happened almost a year ago to the day. She makes an effort to appease me then can't be bothered any more.

I'm afraid I don't interact with other people. Yep, strange as that may sound I never go anywhere and therefore never speak to anyone. I have nobody to speak to. No family, no friends. I'm trying to relate what you are saying to anything else I could do but I'm coming up with nothing. She has never done sexy talk. I called her pussy, well, a "pussy" once and she told me off and said I had to call it a vagina because "that word" is disgusting.

We spend 24 hours together every day. The opportunities for a little sexual contact are limitless and she can't be bothered. I try so hard to be positive and nice to her and I get nothing. I offer foot rubs, massages, to run her a bath and so on, and she nearly always refuses. And if I tell her how disappointed I am she just tells me I should manage my expectations better. It's been another week since I asked her if I could just have some intimate time with her to learn what turns her on and make it as enjoyable as possible. The only reply she gave was she will let me know when she's ready for that. I know from experience it's never going to happen. I just cannot work out what makes her tick. All the things you're supposed to do like make a nice atmosphere, ensure all the chores are done etc. I do and she is never in the mood. All that happens is she uses that time to play video games. I just don't think I'll ever fix this. Communication is supposed to be key but that just annoys her: "Oh god do we have to talk about that again?"

I know she loves me and she is actually a very affectionate person despite what I've said. I just feel more like a brother than a husband. Maybe I have set my expectations too high. Perhaps reading journals on here I'm getting a very biased view of couples' sex lives.

Sorry for the rant - I'm having a bad day.

EDIT: I've just spoken to her about something mundane and she is being a bitch. It has to be hormonal - I can't think of anything else.

Hornman3 likes this.
  16. IB-Chaste

IB-Chaste Chastity Superman.

Local Time:
    This cracked me up!

No, I think it’s pretty clear that there’s an issue more deep rooted than if she will accept a cage or not.
    If I’m being brutally honest, part of the problem maybe that you are looking to her to fulfil your need for something more than you currently have. I’m not suggesting that you don’t have a good or life and I’m not suggesting you have a neglectful partner, but maybe in the absence of anyone else you look to her to fill your time. She may view chastity as just another example of this.

I don’t know the ins and outs of why your both spend so much time together, but i did a quick google search (proper relationship counsellor and all that) and it’s recommended that you spend at around 30% of you time apart. Giving each other time and space to pursue your own interests.

This maybe wasn’t supposed to be that way, but I think it highlights a little that you feel resentment towards her for having her own hobbies. My relationship is different, but when I see my wife playing video games I find it quite appealing. She’s so bad it’s funny! I guess part of me knows she will put it down at some point and find time for me, so that makes it easier, but if we’ve been together all day she may not feel obliged to create more time for me.

I personally believe that maybe you use the ‘power of chastity’ to harness your motivation… but away from your partner. Use it to create a better lifestyle for yourself, get out and see other people (not on a sexy way!) and look forward to seeing your wife rather than accepting it as a routine. Do something that you enjoy, but with a purpose. For me, I need a purpose to be somewhere as social interactions just for the sake of them make me feel uncomfortable, but something along the lines of volunteer work that had a reason/requirement for me attendance would create that opportunity to interact with others.

littleguy3, hopefulhubby and knightly like this.
  17. Arlentia2

Verified Female

Local Time:
    Yes, I agree with this 100%. She doesn’t try because there is no reason for her to - she knows you’ll be there every hour of every day from now until eternity. She doesn’t need a sexual partner so yeah, you are a roommate - a roommate she likes, of course.
    If you spend some time out of the house doing something like volunteering it would at least help take your mind off of it and maybe give you something else to talk about.

18. littleguy3

Bondservant to my wife
    USA - Virginia
    Local Time:
    I couldn't agree more with the previous two comments.

If she's really into video games, she's getting her stimulation and dopamine fix that way. Physical touch is entirely undesirable when engaged in a game because it interferes with her pleasure / fix.

Chastity should increase your need for connection with other human beings. Emotionally, intellectually, spiritually & physically. I agree.... lock yourself up so that you can't pleasure yourself. If she complains, tell her you need it so that you can learn self-control. Tell her you need it for better emotional health. Then start getting out of the house and building relationships.... volunteer, go visit a variety of churches, join a hobby club, enroll in a language class. You don't have to get romantically involved with anyone else, but you will be happier and begin to enjoy the company of others. Maybe this will be what she needs to see you in a different light and begin to desire you for more than a comfortable roommate. Eventually, she'll get tired & bored with the status quo of your current relationship. But if you get out and developed other relationships that are fun, stimulating & exciting, she'll start to react. Your current existence is unhealthy for both of you. Do it because you have her best interests at heart and not just for yourself.

19. knightly

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    A visual way to depict the dynamic of what is going on (with craving dopamine, dynamic of chastity/orgasm control, pleasure/pain balance):

hopefulhubby and IB-Chaste like this.
  20. littleguy3

Bondservant to my wife
    USA - Virginia
    Local Time:
    That's really good! It sounds like I need to stop engaging with CM so much and start taking frequent ice baths! :eek:

knightly likes this.
  21. Arlentia2

Verified Female

Local Time:
    Me too

knightly likes this.
  22. knightly

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    My wife has been reading Dopamine Nation and recently reached this section and wants to talk about it. I am curious to learn more. Polar bear club here we come!

It's interesting to think about all of the areas of our lives that are out of balance, leading towards quick fix dopamine hits to sustain a false sense of happiness and push away/deny the pain aspects and striving to achieve. The journey is the reward (which ties in great to chastity and orgasm denial. :)

hopefulhubby likes this.
  23. hopefulhubby

UK
    Local Time:
    I apologise for my previous post - I was having a bad day and it seemed like there was no hope. I expect her mood was partly down to my negative mood so I'll take the blame for it.

Anyway, we've talked and intimacy is still on the cards but she's got other priorities at the moment which I completely understand and am fine with. They're not things she wants me to help with so I'm content to give verbal support to her instead.

I probably won't post for a while since I think things are progressing at a slow pace and MC is probably not going to be part of my journey for some time - at least the enforced type. I will be sure to post again if there is a significant shift in our dynamic.

There have been some great insights on this thread and I've taken on board each one of them so thanks to everyone who has contributed. Feel free to add to this thread whenever you like - the debate and advice have been immensely useful to me and likely to others also.

littleguy3 and IB-Chaste like this.
  24. bitslinger

bitslinger Active member

Jack of all trades, master of none.
    Southwestern United States
    Local Time:
    11:56 AM
    That was very enlightening. Thanks for posting the link!

knightly likes this.
  25. Arlentia2

Verified Female

Local Time:
    Good luck @hopefulhubby. We’re rooting for you and hope things turn out well for you. Xoxo

Hornman3 and hopefulhubby like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice