new to keyholding, where to keep the spare key?

Discussion in 'Novices and newbies' started by longtallsally, May 5, 2022.

1. longtallsally

longtallsally Long term member

Video editor
    UK
    Local Time:
    4:28 PM
    Hi,
    I've just posted my latest diary entry here.
    It didn't go as planned last night but I'm hoping that My Pete will soon be locked for longer periods, including when I'm not around. When that happens, there needs to be a spare key at home. He'll know where it is but I want to make sure he knows he can't use it without me knowing. I know there are key safes and things but I'm looking for something that would be a frequent little nudge for him.

I was thinking that I could insert the key, through the foil, into a new block of butter in the fridge and poke it into the centre with my nail file. I was especially pleased with that one as he'd have a little reminder every time he makes a cup of tea. I don't think there's any way he could remove it without me knowing.

Any other things that would be frequent reminders but suitably inaccessible without me knowing?

As always, thanks for the ideas and your help on our journey.

Sal.

2. Guest 6019

Guest 6019 Long term member

Local Time:
    I have laminated a key, it sits in my glove box. There is one around her neck, and the bathroom access one by the bed.

bondinchas likes this.
  3. Shellysboytoy

Shellysboytoy Long term member

Energy Industry
    United States, East South Central
    Local Time:
    11:28 AM
    I work from home, this is what my wife did for me.

The strategy also works for longer term unattended lockup. My wife is on a 10-day vacation. She left me three of these plastic locks, and we recorded the numbers.

Still don't have a solution for if I'm out and about. I had a really close call earlier in the week when I actually got called into my office for the first time in a year. I left my badge at home and had to go through the metal detector. I thank the Lord the security guy just assumed it was my belt buckle. Helps be nice to the security folks.

Attached Files:

ugams likes this.
  4. longtallsally

Video editor
    UK
    Local Time:
    Useful picture, thank you! Your solution is a bit more practical than my butter one. I'd like to find something that's more meaningful though - a reminder of me perhaps. Sal

5. Shellysboytoy

Energy Industry
    Local Time:
    Let me think about this. You want him to see it pretty frequently and it be secured. Doesn't need to stay around the house, or does it need to be mobile with him when he's out?

Before our current solution my wife told me that she hid the key in her jewelry box. I wouldn't go in there, but her jewelry box is in my line of sight from my desk where I work all day. That was kind of hot. Something like that?

6. longtallsally

Video editor
    UK
    Local Time:
    Thank you. And well done for reminding me he'll need an emergency one to have with him too?! I'd forgotten that. The one with him, I'm thinking needs to be really secure except in emergency and it can just be a thing he has in his briefcase. Maybe inside a pen or something. Ideally I just want him to forget about that one. The one at home, I'd like him to see from time to time and ideally be reminded of me too. Sal

ugams likes this.
  7. Shellysboytoy

Energy Industry
    Local Time:
    You can always zip tie the key to the top of the cage. Mobile and a tease. However, definitely lacks sentimentality.

8. Guest 6019

Guest 6019 Long term member

Local Time:
  9. BarbCD

BarbCD Long term member

Gainfully employed!
    Connecticut, USA
    Local Time:
    One solution if you want him to have an emergency key might be a simple as sealing it in clear packing tape and then you signing it with a Sharpie (permanent marker). He could keep that in his wallet and you can always inspect the seal. Very similar to the laminated solution.

If you get very advanced, you may come to realize you really dont need an emergency key. There are many discussions here about that, and as always, whatever works best for you is the right solution.

I started a thread that led to some good discussions. I titled it something like “emergency keys and why I don’t have one”. I’ll go try and get a link while I can still edit this.

https://www.chastitymansion.com/for...mergency-keys-and-why-i-don’t-have-one.34230/

bondinchas likes this.
  10. mikecb

mikecb Long term member

Local Time:
    Yes, I think the simplest is a laminated plastic sleeve. For a touch of "you" you could sign it, or even put in a picture or something. You'd know if he cut into it, or tried to replace it. I'd love to fashion a picture frame with a picture of us in it, and the key down in the corner, and have it sealed in the back somehow such that it would be obvious if the seal was broken. The key would be in plain sight but inaccessible. I think that would be fun. Also a bit of a risque showpiece if someone visiting noticed they key tucked down in the corner. ;-p

11. ChasteCel

ChasteCel 7/6 on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale

Local Time:
    We keep the spare key in a small (coupke inches on each side) wooden box we gor from a craft store for like 2 bucks. The key is inside and rhe box is hot-glued shut.

If i ever need the key, its easy to smash this box with my foot, but short of that the key is protected. Pre-pandemic it would sit in the bottom of my work bag. Nowadays while working from home I am not sure... i think my wife hid it in the house too!

12. maid julie

maid julie Long term member

service tech
    NJ
    Local Time:
    I have had one for years in my wallet for years and forget its there. Took a piece of newspaper with the date on it then Mistress put her initials on it then I payed the key on it then covered it with clear packing tape and wrapped it around it. There is no way to open it without destroying the piece of newspaper let along try to find another with the same date. Then keep it in my wallet

Breathe, longtallsally and bondinchas like this.
  13. Alceste

Alceste Chaste Member

United States
    Local Time:
    8:28 AM
    We use a secure container with a security seal applied so that it cannot be opened without detection.

14. DonnaSue

DonnaSue Long term member

Retired
    Southeast US
    Local Time:
    10:28 AM
    Since I have had a couple of Heart attacks, Mistress wants me to always have my spare key nearby, in case of emergency. She got me a tiny gold choker chain, put the key on it, secured it around my neck and then crazy glued the clasp shut. It is always there! In an emergency, the gold necklace can easily be ripped off, but it would be quite obvious if I were to do so without the emergency.

15. Nicoftime

Nicoftime The suspense is terrible...I hope it lasts

Railroad
    South of Lacrosse Wisconsin
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I’m not really sure where it went, she hid it somewhere, but when I had the key pendant custom made, the spare they sent was in a small glass frame with a fancy wax seal.

I’ve been locking for years without need of an emergency key, so she decided to keep all the keys.

I have heard of someone putting it on a very thin chain attached to the top of the headboard. Right there yet so far away. I thought that was kind of hot. My wife prefers me not having any options lol.

Breathe likes this.
  16. Vornek

Vornek Member

Local Time:
    9:28 AM
    They sell a key safes on Etsy. Most are simple 3D printed tubes where you can secure the key with a numbered seal. So if he has to use the key then you will know and he will have to explain to you how why he broke the seal and possibly be punished if it wasn’t for a good reason.

There is also other ideas such as freezing the key in a tube of ice which takes a while to defrost. I have thought of this by buying or making a plexiglass tube and suspending the key from a string, filling it with water and freezing it.

You can hide the key and make him hunt for it such as a scavenger hunt.

You are really only limited by your imagination.

17. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    My madam keeps one set on her at all times, and the spare set is in a jewellery pouch at the back of a dresser drawer at her mothers house. might be worth explaining that I said set as I have a double lock device, it has both a internal lock and a padlock, so it has 2 different keys.

ugams likes this.
  18. asastype

asastype Service sub to Mistress AMA

IT
    Central Iowa USA
    Local Time:
    We keep my spare key in a sealed envelope which i must present to @MistressAMA weekly to show it hasn't been used. If i do need to use it (doctor, sore spot, etc) i show it to Her before opening it.

It's just a post-it not folded over and tape shut. Simple and effective.

asa

Attached Files:

Breathe likes this.
  19. longtallsally

Video editor
    UK
    Local Time:
    I like the message on there!

20. boo

boo Long term member

Local Time:
    once everyone gets used to things i doubt he'll need a spare

21. submetido

submetido Member

Sao Paulo, Brazil
    Local Time:
    I didn't used it yet, but I bought a small case that fits the key and you can lock it with a numbered plastic lock. I found it interesting and cheap. Adding a picture here.

Loved the ideas on the thread, the plastic tape seems really practical too!

Attached Files:

22. DLockeD

DLockeD Active member

Work
    Gulf Coast - US
    Local Time:
    You don't need a spare key. Once everything is fitted right and settled in, there should be no reason to take the cage off besides the whim of the key holder.

I used to keep an emergency key until i realized after over a month locked that there was no emergency to need a key for, it was more of a temptation key. The only reasons i can think of for needing an unplanned unlock are things like metal detectors at government buildings, airports and the like. I cant think of the last time i had a flight or jury duty or sporting event just pop up with no prior notice.

as for a medical emergency. I think you would be more concerned with other things at the time besides some potential embarrassment. If the device is in the way they can cut it off in seconds. So why bother planning for it?

Breathe likes this.
  23. HusbandInTraining

HusbandInTraining Active member

Eastern US
    Local Time:
    I posted on this topic back in March:

Early on, I had my emergency key in a steel tube with a security seal, in my pocket. And then it went into the center console of my car. And then I cleaned out the car, and it went in my garage. And so I have come to realize that I really don't need it. Having it was more like a security blanket than anything.. And so I have reunited it with it's sister key on Goddess' necklace.

24. Crowe

Crowe Long term member

Local Time:
    We used to keep the spare frozen in a glass in the garage freezer. Now that there's no need for an emergency key, it's locked in a biometric safe that I can't open. I have no idea where the primary key is anymore.

25. MistressMegan

Verified Female

NY
    Local Time:
    We ordered these little plastic locks that are numbered and can only be unlocked by being broken so you can't even put a new lock on it because I take a picture of the numbers. I hold onto the other spare

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice