The bible made me submissive

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by Proud to be chaste, Dec 31, 2021.

Random Thread
  1. antos

antos Member

Local Time:
    7:34 PM
    Error. For example we Christians Catholics also know the purgatory and other. :)

Don't worry, all your assumptions are foolish. :)

Proud to be chaste likes this.
  2. Proud to be chaste

Proud to be chaste Active member

Local Time:
    8:34 PM
    Of course there are lots of rational, respectful and well thought through atheists! I am lucky to be a friend, family member and collegue with quite a few of them, and I have been greatly enriched by our discussions on religion, philosophy, ethics, etc.
    Let's not generalize, neither one way or the other. We are all individuals :)

3. JaySaysYes

JaySaysYes I identify as someone that is always right

Local Time:
    You have misread.

I actually said "You aren't the first relgious adherrent to use the bible to justify deviant or antisocial behaviour, nor will you be the last."

I didn't say "Chastity is deviant or antisocial behaviour".

But I think most people would say locking your pecker in a penis prison is sexually deviant behiour.

Rampaging across the world to violently teach people your sky daddy is better than theirs is indeed antisocial behaviour, as is torturing and burning/drowning women because you are hysterically afraid women,

This may sting a little; I'm not an atheist.

Good call on confessing your catholicism blunder. Very brave.

I don't think catholic priests are a good advert for being chaste considering how much they have been in the news, again and again and again...

4. Nicoftime

Nicoftime The suspense is terrible...I hope it lasts

Railroad
    South of Lacrosse Wisconsin
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    1:34 PM
    @Proud to be chaste , I would like to apologize for those that won’t. You clearly stated you were not posting for a religious debate, some people just like picking a fight even when one is clearly unwarranted.

I myself am not a religious person, although I’ve read the Bible, and translated versions of the others. I do not share your faith, but do believe that the written word has much to say about submitting.

Quite frankly in each one the tone and underlying theme is to submit. Yes it is referring to god, but submitting is submitting. Accepting things you have no control over, changing your behavior for a higher purpose, following rules to live by, and sacrificing part of yourself. Yes, I can see how there could be a strong inclination between faith and submission. The whole act of prayer is kneeling before god. None of the books says it expects perfection, only faith, forgiveness or atonement. Sounds like a dom/sub relationship to me.

It certainly doesn’t mean faith in religion leads to being submissive, it’s not a long trip though. It’s just a question of widening who they are willing to submit to.

5. antos

antos Member

Local Time:
    #30 antos, Jan 2, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2022
    JaySaysYes, only for you:

But He talks about Chastity, and your reaction is: "You aren't the first relgious adherrent to use the bible to justify deviant or antisocial behaviour, nor will you be the last."

He talks about Chastity, therefore, your reaction is nonsense. You're probably taking some drugs or you're sick, your logic and reaction is out of context. But you probably don't understand. In the main all your texts are crazy. :)

Wow, not atheist, so you're in a religious sect... But the name of that sect is probably a top secret. You're so cool... :)

And catholic priests are in the news..., don't worry, also negative advertising is advertising, all is cool... :)

6. Proud to be chaste

Local Time:
    Thanks for your thoughtful and well written response. I agree with everything you say (and I don't at all mind other people not sharing my faith, on the contrary I welcome different perspectives).

"It certainly doesn’t mean faith in religion leads to being submissive, it’s not a long trip though. It’s just a question of widening who they are willing to submit to." I like that way you put it, and I think you are spot on.

I still regard biblical passages on sexuality as the more decisive factor for me personally, especially the ones portraing selfless love as both central to God and to sex. I am sure you know what I refer to as you have read the whole bible. But the idea of submissing to God might certainly have contributed as well.

7. true42

true42 Owned member

Local Time:
    2:34 PM
    You're on a kink forum, and you're making fun of someone for being religious in their experience?

You're not just being unkind ... you're being ridiculous.

In fact, you're being nasty enough to qualify as an American fundamentalist evangelical "Christian", despite your Anglican spelling problems.

8. Nicoftime

Nicoftime The suspense is terrible...I hope it lasts

Railroad
    South of Lacrosse Wisconsin
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Lol, yes I’ve read it but I certainly couldn’t quote it. Quite honestly I find the majority of it to be unimaginatively repetitive. Lets just say if I was the editor, I would cut a lot out lol.

9. Proud to be chaste

Local Time:
    Definitions matter. What I mean with "submissive" is something like having strong romantic and erotic feelings about making sex more about my wifes needs (in and outside the bedroom) than about my own needs.

For example I don't have any particular interest in my wife to do kinky (dom/sub) acts with me. My interest is in making her happiness (in or outside the bedroom) the very purpose of my sexuality. That is what turns me on. And yes, I believe this attitude in my case was inspired by studying the bible. (I honestly don't understand how that could be so controversial to anyone familiar with the bible.)

So whenever I use the word "submissive", I refer to a certain attitude towards sex. I don't talk about bdsm-stuff or chastity cages, that has obviously nothing to do with the bible. (Not to say anything against chastity cages, I have one and use it occationally - it sure can be fun!) This mindset can be expressed in many ways of course; in my case it seems like practicing chastity fuels and amplifies the mindset (and it indeed makes my wife happier - so she says, anyways).

I tried to explain all of this in my OP, but it seems like few people got it so I try to say it one last time for those genuinly interested in understanding.

10. Proud to be chaste

Local Time:
    To be completely honest with you, it would as well :D

11. Proud to be chaste

Local Time:
    Typo: I would (shorten the bible) as well.

12. isekor

isekor Member

Local Time:
    Okay, on the topic. As a Catholic, for understanding, I will give some texts and then I add my opinion.

Catechism YOUCAT, by Pope Benedict XVI (selection):

"404 What is chaste love? Why should a Christian live a chaste life?
    A chaste love is a love that defends itself against all the internal and external forces that might destroy it. That person is chaste who has consciously accepted his sexuality and integrated it well into his personality.
    CHASTITY and continence are not the same thing. Someone who has an active sex life in marriage must be chaste, too. A person acts chastely when his bodily activity is the expression of dependable, faithful love."

"[2238] Chastity must not be confused with prudishness. A person who lives chastely is not the plaything of his lusts but, rather, lives his sexuality deliberately, motivated by love, and as an expression of that love. Unchaste behavior weakens love and obscures its meaning. The Catholic Church advocates a holistic-ecological approach to sexuality. This includes sexual pleasure, which is something good and beautiful..."

"... every Christian should be loving and chaste, whether he is young or old, lives alone or is married. [2348-2349, 2394]....
    The unchaste person is torn and not free. Someone who loves authentically is free, strong, and good; he can devote himself in love. Thus Christ, who gave himself up completely for us and at the same time devoted himself completely to his Father in heaven, is a model of CHASTITY, because he is the original model of strong love."

(BUT)
    "If anyone thinks that Christians regard unchastity as the supreme vice, he is quite wrong. The sins of the flesh are bad, but they are the least bad of all sins . . . For there are two things inside me, competing with the human self which I must try to become. They are the Animal self, and the Diabolical self. The Diabolical self is the worse of the two."

13. isekor

isekor Member

Local Time:
    #38 isekor, Jan 2, 2022
    also Catechism YOUCAT, by Pope Benedict XVI (selection):

"One form of loving surrender to God is to live as Jesus
    did—poor, chaste, and obedient. Someone who lives in this way has head, heart, and hands free for God and neighbor. [914-933, 944-945 ]...
    This life according to the EVANGELICAL COUNSELS in poverty, CHASTITY, and obedience shows all Christians that the world is not everything."

"Poverty, chastity, and obedience are the counsels given in the Gospel..."

---
    For us Catholics these are not commandments, but counsels. Only it is very right to implement this in our lives.

My opinions and views:

Poverty, chastity, and obedience. I see also in this forum, many men try to live by this pattern in marriage and for it are very happy:

Poverty
    - Many men on this forum say: Only wife has a business, men are at home and they have no money, but if they work, have some business, they all money give to wife. In real it is not full of poverty, but it is also a nice effort to be closer to poverty, live modestly.

Chastity
    - We know. Honor system or cage.
    For us christians-catholics is ideal honor system - self control.
    But the cage is also not forbidden. (It can be alternative for men who have a weak self-control.)

Obedience
    - Men try to be fully obedient to wives.
    The Catholic Church today recommends for marriage mutual obedience.

“Submitting to one another out of reverence for Christ.”
    (Ephesians 5:21)

Pope JOHN PAUL II:
    ” But the challenge presented by the “ethos” of the Redemption is clear and definitive. All the reasons in favour of the “subjection” of woman to man in marriage must be understood in the sense of a “mutual subjection” of both “out of reverence for Christ”. ”
    (APOSTOLIC LETTER – JOHN PAUL II – MULIERIS DIGNITATEM)

mir152 and Proud to be chaste like this.
  14. isekor

isekor Member

Local Time:
    And also some text for Denial orgasm for men:

The Catholic theologian Christopher West:

Orgasm for wife

"An important point of clarification is needed. Since it’s the male orgasm that’s inherently linked with the possibility of new life, the husband must never intentionally ejaculate outside of his wife’s vagina (unintended ejaculation involves no moral fault). Since the female orgasm, however, isn’t necessarily linked to the possibility of conception, so long as it takes place within the overall context of an act of intercourse (husband and wife), it need not, in any absolute sense, be during actual penetration.

In fact, John Paul II, in his pre-papal reflections on the matter, exhorted husbands to learn how to control their own orgasms in order to bring their wives to climax... Doing so with altruistic motives, he said, was a husbandly virtue at the service of marital harmony."

mir152 and Proud to be chaste like this.
  15. Proud to be chaste

Local Time:
    #40 Proud to be chaste, Jan 2, 2022
    This was a good read. I really enjoyed those quotes. I am not a catholic, but to me it seems like those passages indeed expand on biblical thought on sexuality. (Though I don't see anything wrong (morally or biblically) about ejaculation outside the vagina; still interesting though.) I also like the possible connections to male chastity you point out. Thanks!

16. Dr MBogo

Dr MBogo You heard the lady! In you go.....

Local Time:
    LOL!

17. L-u-c-y

Staff Member Owner of Chastity Mansion Administrator Verified Female

Oxford, England
    Local Time:

Banned for 1 week for being an arsehole.

NM Lori, Chaz69, SubSnuggler and 5 others like this.
  18. Dr MBogo

Local Time:
    Bingo-Clearly, St Paul felt that a married couple should be devoted("submissive") to each other. And just as clearly, society functions better if married couples are monogamous and committed to uplifting each other. It's more of a stretch to suggest that wearing a chastity cage is somehow a function of Pauline philosophy. But, it's ok if someone wants to use that logic to make themselves feel better about wearing a cage. More power to you.

19. Dr MBogo

Local Time:
    Thanks, Lucy!

L-u-c-y likes this.
  20. Proud to be chaste

Local Time:
    "
    "It's more of a stretch to suggest that wearing a chastity cage is somehow a function of Pauline philosophy. " I agree, and that's not what I tried to say.

21. Locked_Up_Tight

Locked_Up_Tight Active member

Indianapolis
    Local Time:
    I'm getting mixed messages here

22. isekor

isekor Member

Local Time:
    The biblical story - Onan.
    The Bible says that whenever Onan slept with woman, he spilled his semen on the ground. And it was wicked in the God’s sight; so the God put him to death.

23. Proud to be chaste

Local Time:
    I don't want to get into a theological debate here. I respect your view, but I don't believe that's the lesson of the story.

NM Lori and homebody like this.
  24. Hubby&Missy

Hubby&Missy Love keeps us together

Machine shop owner
    Local Time:
    @Proud to be chaste bravely told his story of how his faith and some words from the Bible have been his motivation to becoming a better man and a better husband.

@JaySaysYes and a couple others in more subtle ways have Hi-jacked his thread. The OP made it clear he did not want this to be a debate about religion or the Bible. The thread is about how his spirituality has led him to this place and I believe he is seeking positive support on his journey. A few like, @Xileh, @Nicoftime, @Dr MBogo in particular have offered him some help on his journey in a positive way, reminding him to make sure he and his wife are on the same page and showing an understanding of how his faith was helping him to accept some long held beliefs.. Unfortunately the hi-jackers just try to make him feel like what he is doing is for the wrong reasons. If you do not find Christianity reasonable that is your right. No religion can ever be proven or disproven. That is not what this thread is about. I ask you if his faith actually helps him to be a better person is it any skin off your back. I doubt it. Please stop hi-jacking his thread and let those here that might actually care about him and his goals help him find his path. Quit making it about religion and the Bible and let it be about his path to being a better husband.

@maid_carrie expressed perfectly what makes this site different from and better than any other site out there. The administrative staff members have managed to maintain this site as a safe, supportive place where we can all come. @L-u-c-y Showed us how she keeps this site friendly and supportive for all of us.

Many of you may be aware that Missy and I are both Christian and share a deep faith. It is our faith and we don’t expect you to join us in our faith. I happen to believe that God did play a role in guiding me to choose this site to talk about our problems. We have found many friends here who helped us. I believe God gave us these friends that helped me grow and deal with not being able to have sex and get through the difficult times. A couple of very special friends here gave Missy the strength to stand up to her mother. This site has changed our lives for the better.

My advice to Proud to Be Chaste is to trust your faith, ignore the naysayers, and find direction from those people who can help you understand how you got here and where you and your wonderful wife want to go. I believe if you let some of these people become special friends it will only make your journey easier and more successful. We found it was good when Missy started to express her feelings on the site too. It helped us talk about things that were hard to say face to face.

Good luck on your journey and if I may, “God’s speed.”

25. Ulex_

Ulex_ Active member

Health and Safety
    Sussex, England
    Local Time:
    What about if your wife told you one day 'know what would get me really turned on? Peeing all over your naked body'? Would you do it, knowing it fulfilled a deep need in your wife?

Genuinely curious!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice