Waxing, shaving, lube...

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by StableBoy, Sep 28, 2019.

1. StableBoy

StableBoy Member

Washington DC
    Local Time:
    4:31 AM
    I thought i would pass along a few things I have learned as I continually experiment to ensure that I can wear my devices long term. I have all the devices and prefer metal for reasons explained at length in this Chat topic. I tend to wear my cherished Steelwerks Tiffany (Titanium). I'm generally a shaver. When my spouse wants to me really cruel she does not allow me to shave at the 10-14 day mark. Ouch! I tend to lubricate then because I think it helps the base ring pass over the hair.

Recently, I had a few problems with that. Excessive lubrication caused the scrotum to slip unusually much and then, just at overnight erection attempt, locked the scrotum in an unnatural and unnaturally tight position, leading to temporary lesions. I stopped lubricating and they stay in touch better and I am sleeping through to 5 a.m. or so.

To address the problem of a capricious and unpredictable KH, I convinced her to allow me to take key in hand and go get waxed when we were on a family visit in FLA. I started at the logical place--a Brazilian salon. No luck. The girls smiled knowingly though, and passed me a recommendation. Nope. The chinese would only do the back, with gauze and heated wax--ouch!!. Finally, on the fourth try, hiding in plain sight: European Wax Center. The "clinician" could not have been nicer! She explained that they have a proprietary wax made just for them that applies straight on the hair and takes it off much more pleasantly and effectively than gauze! They also explained that the "full brazilian" is not legal in all states (they operate in most of them). The trick, they said, is to check the website and locations in your state and pull up the clinicians. If their name is followed by * then they do this. I now feel like a million bucks and I am much more at home in my device. I would ride my motorcyle 300 miles (round trip) if I had to in order to get the next treatment in whatever state will take me!

Rectrix, Dogtanian69 and Charles3451 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice