Waking up from morning wood

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by Nathaniel Burgundy, Apr 4, 2021.

1. Nathaniel Burgundy

Nathaniel Burgundy Servus Perpetuum

London, UK
    Local Time:
    5:02 AM
    Is there any solution to being woken up by morning wood? Will a belt fixing the device in place help? A bigger or smaller device?

I’d be perfectly happy to be unlocked at night but my keyholder is strongly against it. I want to please her but I don’t want to endure sleep deprivation since it has a knock-on effect on work, mood, health etc.

durango_o likes this.
  2. jehuty

jehuty submissive sissy

IT
    Moscow, Russia
    Local Time:
    7:02 AM
    The first few months are always problems. Then you get used to it. Small devices help you better, they prevent you from getting up at all and help you adapt faster.

durango_o and Nathaniel Burgundy like this.
  3. Nathaniel Burgundy

London, UK
    Local Time:
    @jehuty when you say “you get used to it” do you mean you get used to the cage and enjoy a full 8 hours sleep or that you get used to never getting a full 8 hour sleep?

As for smaller cages helping, do you recommend tighter cages, shorter tubes, smaller gaps, smaller base rings or all of the above?!

4. cshorts

cshorts Locked in love for SL

Bay Area, California
    Local Time:
    9:02 PM
    Many of us have found that we get used to the cage within a few weeks to months and then only rarely are awakened by morning wood. As for a smaller cage to prevent partial erections, I think a shorter tube is the most important thing. My shorter cage definitely prevents an erection from even beginning. However, I've had some difficulty with it for long term wear: the skin of the penis being scrunched together tends to lead to raw skin, even some bleeding, which of course could lead to infection. So I have to take it off for cleaning and drying more often.

Nathaniel Burgundy likes this.
  5. elias

elias 7/7 on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale

Local Time:
    6:02 AM
    Fully agree with @cshorts , you may need some time to get used to it. When waking up at night by wood, I just go to toilet and the erection will disapear quickly, so I can get back to sleep. Recently, I also experimented to shorten the cage. The effect of this was for sure that erections will not be established and this gave a rather comfortable feeling. However, as I was rather "stuffed" in the short tube, I could hardly maintain hygiene. So, for the time being I decided to move on with my present cage and accept "love and hate" of wood during nighttime.

All the best!

durango_o and Nathaniel Burgundy like this.
  6. Anonoman

Anonoman Long term member

Local Time:
    I go for a wee most mornings around 4-5am - I’m sure my wife must think I’ve got a prostrate problem!
    Also adjusting the ball sack though the ring can give a little relief if it’s getting over stretched.

7. NZSenator

NZSenator Long term member

Local Time:
    4:02 PM
    Your morning wood wakes you up (most likely) because your erection is forming inside the tube, which is pulling forward / down on the ring behind your balls and creating pain / discomfort.

A shorter cage limits the ability for your erection to form in the cage and reduces the pull on the ring behind your balls, the downside is as above, hygiene. If your KH allows, this could mean removing the device entirely on a regular basis for proper cleaning.

You can do things like reduce fluid intake at night (reducing the need to pee) as well as lubricating the ring / your testicles with something like a silicon lube prior to sleeping.

8. 24-7Chaste

24-7Chaste Member

Ex-Military
    Local Time:
    12:02 AM
    I usually just turn on a cyber podcast and that distracts me from the wood.
    Also, my main cage is so comfortable, it doesn't morning wood doesn't hurt so much.
    It works out.

The longer you're locked up, the worse it is with morning wood as you're probably aware.
    Luckily, my keyholder loves sex also so we just knock one out together. Sweet.

9. MissyB

MissyB Long term member

maid, (I wish)
    Tennessee hills
    Local Time:
    I don't find the brief interruption from a morning wood any more of an issue in a cage than when i'm free. Only difference is, i can stroke it and get some enjoyment when i'm uncaged. I see the morning erection in the cage as a good reminder of why i need to be controlled and that it is better if my Domme decides when or if i'm allowed to enjoy my cock.

10. jemima

jemima maid for my Mistress

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
    you get them cos of be a man and if you want to stop it then you has to stop be a man.

gary170 and Jail Bird like this.
  11. Jarad

Jarad Member

Lithuania
    Local Time:
    4:02 AM
    PA cage and no problem...

durango_o likes this.
  12. alxmosley

alxmosley Active member

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Local Time:
    1:02 AM
    Been wearing a Nub for a few weeks now and I honestly have not gotten used to it. I have to wake up and free myself bc the pain is too much (I am a grower and have foreskin). I am starting to think that in my case, having space to grow will help me get better sleep (especially in the early hours of the morning).

13. Peaches

Peaches "kinky guy"

Business owner
    South Carolina
    Local Time:
    I'm coming up on a year in chastity. I think I have averaged one unlock a month, the duration of that unlock is about 30 minutes.

So I have spent every night and morning in my cage. You will get used to the morning erections and sleep though them. Just takes time.

I used to wake up and have to adjust or go to the bathroom. Now I just sleep though them. Like others have said a shorter cage will help. I have reduced by half an inch in length and a 16th of an inch in diameter. I noticed a big difference in the intensity of morning wood.

14. Alana

Alana Long term member

California
    Local Time:
    In my case, the morning wood alarm is almost always caused by a full bladder. I got used to falling back to sleep quickly after visiting the restroom

15. Unlucky

Unlucky Long term member

Local Time:
    PA cages are literally no different in terms of morning wood.

16. alxmosley

alxmosley Active member

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Local Time:
    1:02 AM
    More than a month in chastity now and I am still struggling with morning wood. I am a grower and have foreskin. So suppose I go from one inch flaccid to six inches erect, there is no way the cage will contain it while I am asleep. I guess there is something in my brain during the day that stops me from getting erect and feeling pain. But at night, my erection wants to tear the cage down. Too much pain...
    Gonna keep at it tho (bc I am a bit masochist lol).

17. Nathaniel Burgundy

London, UK
    Local Time:
    thanks for all the replies! I love how popular this topic is! Keeping it coming :D

Update: I am now wearing a chain tethering the cage around my waist (inspired by the Red Chili “discipline belt”) and this makes morning wood much less painful, as it physically prevents the er, wood, from growing much. Without that, the ring just got pushed forward with the growth, squeezing my balls painfully at the end - that’s now impossible.

(another option would be a much tighter ring I guess, but that tightness was also very painful with an erection)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice