To ring or not?

Discussion in 'Chastity device reviews' started by switchling, Aug 28, 2023.

?

With a piercing to secure the cage, should I get a ball-trap or shaft only cage?

1. Keep with the base ring and trap those balls.

25 vote(s)
    69.4%
  2. Live free, hang low, and go tube only.

11 vote(s)
    30.6%
  1. switchling

switchling Long term member

Senior management
    Porirua, Greater Wellington, New Zealand
    Local Time:
    1:04 AM
    So, question is, with a piercing should I get a cage with a base ring, or shaft only?

I'm going to be getting a reverse PA soon, which will be put to use work when mature with a job in security. Now, having not had a piercing I've been focused on ball trap devices, and have my eye very much on a Ti BA-28.

Then, yesterday, I though "Hey, wait a minute..." do I need a ball trap?

Regarding ball trap devices, my main concern is getting the base ring size and spacing right. My experience is, particularly the latter, can be finicky. I've had Chinese knock offs and now a cherry keeper. On the plus side, I know what wearing one is like etc., etc.

In the blue corner, the shaft only designs seem to offer a lot more freedom. It seems likely that activities such as cycling etc. would be far less likely to be impacted by the cage. Also, sack burn and cleaning hassles may be one distant memories. But, I've no experience with this sort of device, so have no real understanding of the potential trade offs.

So... over to you fellow Mansioners. What are your experiences and recommendations? I'm especially keen to hear from long term users of shaft only devices with their insights.

TIA s

Iron78 likes this.
  2. Iron78

Iron78 Long term member

Engineer
    Denmark
    Local Time:
    3:04 PM
    I have been thinking about the same thing, as another upside sleep should be much better.

But the downside is that erections are possible, it is a big downside for me at least. Not sure what to prefer.

bondinchas and Rectrix like this.
  3. The Queens consort

The Queens consort Long term member

Retired
    Central Indiana
    Local Time:
    9:04 AM
    Using a ring to trap the balls while pierced seems redundant. If you are using a ball trap design, a piercing is a waste of time. Choose one or the other.

4. switchling

Senior management
    Local Time:
    I'm working on the basis that even though erections are possible, stimulating and orgasms are just as effectively deterred.

5. switchling

Senior management
    Local Time:
    Kinda my thinking too now. Although, adding a piercing to a ball trap device makes it actually secure which is a big psychological benefit.

6. hardbodysub

hardbodysub BrokeTheMold

Pennsylvania
    Local Time:
    I strongly disagree. A piercing makes a BTD secure. A device without a ring can put the weight of the device on the piercing, and risk migration/tearing. And personally, I don’t entirely understand how some of the little shaft-only devices even prevent masturbation, leaving much of the shaft completely uncovered.

7. littleguy3

littleguy3 Adoring husband

Bondservant to my wife
    USA - Virginia
    Local Time:
    I've never had a piercing, but with a ball trap, doesn't that limit your erections severely? That seems to make longer term chastity that much more of a challenge, especially when you're caged even during play time.

8. LockedScott

LockedScott Active member

Local Time:
    Agree....a shaft only (actually a head only...when you have an erection) leaves a lot of room to play

Californiaswitch and Iron78 like this.
  9. boo

boo Long term member

Local Time:
    8:04 AM
    I'm a shaft only fan. I wear a MCN glans armor and it works well. Light weight easy to clean and definitly good for permanent wear. Yes erections are possible, which is nice. But to be hard and straining and not being able to gain relief i find more frustrating than the ball trap. I'm also a big Lori tube fan, yes they are heavy.The key is to get a small enough diameter to snug the penis and therefore carry the wieght. A big plus for me is being able to pee standing up. Plus like i said erections are maddening

switchling likes this.
  10. switchling

Senior management
    Local Time:
    They do, yes. The only issue I've found is that straining to be erect can put a lot of pressure on the scrotum and cause a serious case of ring burn.

Whether that's a plus or a minus will depend on your perspective! I, personally, don't like it. Wrong sort of discomfort to be fun...

11. switchling

Senior management
    Local Time:
    Now that's interesting and sounds like it could be a real "advantage" of going ring free. Are you able to elaborate more?

Also, to @hardbodysub's point, is the Glans Armour effective still at preventing orgasm with the shaft exposed?

12. boo

boo Long term member

Local Time:
    8:04 AM
    hard. straining and unable to get relief pretty well sums it up! It's different in a ring device which prevents erection. In the shaft device it's oh my look at that let's do something, but the fact is you can't very frustrating vs no erection. It's just a preference. I can play with the shaft all day, and do at times but not enough stimulation to get anywhere. It's that old so close yet so far away kinda thing, which i think we all crace in one fashion or another.

Iron78 likes this.
  13. switchling

Senior management
    Local Time:
    That does sound like "fun", well for one of Mrs. or me at least :rolleyes:

14. corsac

corsac Long term member

Spokane, WA
    Local Time:
    6:04 AM
    My wife noticed a big difference when I was in the shaft only device long term. At first it was quite effective and we loved the tube! I highly recommend them if you plan to unlock at least every month or so. For longer term, I adjusted to the tube and it became completely ineffective as the months went on.

I will also state that it was effective in the beginning because it was too uncomfortable for me to continue trying to achieve orgasm, not that it wasn’t possible. My wife definitely prefers the effect of the base ring and a small cage that allows me no room for growth. Far more frustration on my end!

15. switchling

Senior management
    Local Time:
    Thanks, that's interesting. Is it the tube in your gallery you're talking about? I'd wondered about that style, since it leaves the glans exposed, how it could work. I guess the answer is it doesn't really?

TBH that design never even occurred to me when I was asking the question. I'm thinking of a device that encloses head at least in bars.

16. anasyrma

anasyrma Long term member

Engineer
    Virginia outside Washington, DC
    Local Time:
    I would vote to stay with a ball trap device for better coverage and to prevent erections. I'm quite interested in a PA myself and would do the same, but my wife wouldn't be.

Iron78 likes this.
  17. corsac

corsac Long term member

Spokane, WA
    Local Time:
    The Steelwerks tube, beautiful device! It wasn’t even the exposure up front, I’m a grower so the tube can only be so long or it causes issues with the piercing. So I guess I can see that style working well for someone who isn’t a grower.

I haven’t had a lot of luck finding a perfect fit with the piercing. I had a Malechastitynow that had a perfectly placed piercing attachment but the design is a bit bulky and caused trouble when riding my bike. I don’t own a car so I have to be able to ride comfortably! So I have a Contender from Malechastitynow without a piercing and it is great. I rarely wear anything in the piercing these days.

In my opinion, skip the piercing unless you really want one just because. It gets expensive quickly trying to find the perfect fit. If you’re up for that, go for the piercing! Take the time to heal and find the right device. It does feel amazing to have that level of security!

switchling likes this.
  18. switchling

Senior management
    Local Time:
    Thanks. I think I may be in the "just because" camp, amongst other camps I may frequent :cool:

Steelwerks is eye wateringly gorgeous. Really sad for you it didn't work out.

corsac likes this.
  19. Iron78

Iron78 Long term member

Engineer
    Denmark
    Local Time:
    3:04 PM
    I agree, I have no clue how a tube like the one in the gallery could prevent anything??

20. switchling

Senior management
    Local Time:
    There's another member with a similar device with his KH name engraved on it. They scare the willies out of me (pun intended) because I imagine my head exploding the first time I got excited. Like a too small cock ring but moreso.

Scary.

21. IB-Chaste

IB-Chaste Chastity Superman.

Local Time:
    2:04 PM
    I think you should be mindful of the ‘healing time’.
    They say it doesn’t take so long, sometimes as short a period of 4-6 weeks, but realistically when I had my nipple done it takes much longer to heal fully. It’s ok to change jewellery etc after a few weeks or so, but to really be ingrained it takes way longer!

I wouldn’t be adding extra weight to the piercing immediately. I’d stick to the ball trap as support if nothing else. Maybe a year down the line I’d start experimenting with other options.
    I’ve just started pierced chastity and no way would I consider my piercing healed and it’s a much less drastic piercing than a PA.

corsac likes this.
  22. switchling

Senior management
    Local Time:
    Healing times do vary massively. Nips take a lot longer as I can testify. PA is supposed to be one of the quickest. Reverse PA is apparently longer than nips. I'm preparing for the long haul on that front ... Until you're fully healed (as I understand it) any aggravation is a no no. :confused:

23. IB-Chaste

IB-Chaste Chastity Superman.

Local Time:
    2:04 PM
    I’m currently experiencing a lot less aggravation on my piercing whilst ball trapped in a cage than when I was free to have erections. It’s tooled away securely. So I don’t know how long the hail will be if you’re willing to cage up and go the long yards without removing constantly. Food for thought.

switchling and corsac like this.
  24. Rectrix

Rectrix Long term member

US East Coast
    Local Time:
    Stay with the ball trap. Erections themselves are the problem for men and I at least can always find a way to make one spurt. The very reason for piercing is so you cant pull out and get erect.

25. Lockedinpanties

Lockedinpanties Long term member

Local Time:
    Everyone here has valid points. We have been in a FLR chastity relationship for a long time now and my devices have changed and also my mindset.

We like most everyone started in a ball trap device and used those for a long time. Always searching for a better fit and comfort for longer wear time. It seemed like a constant battle. We finally settled on an HT that I wore for about two years and it was fairly comfortable.

About two years ago we switched to a tubeless device secured with a Frenum piercing and it has been life changing. So much more comfortable. I can do pretty much anything in it. Like Boo mentioned above it does not prevent erection but does make them more physically and mentally frustrating. I suppose if I really try I could achieve orgasm.

So I mentioned my mindset, While struggling with fit and finish of my device we were still very much evolving and refining our relationship. By that I mean now I would not let myself have an orgasm without her permission that is just the way it is. The device now is more a symbol of my devotion to her than a preventative measure now.

Bottom line is it comes down to what is best for your Wife and you and your relationship and how chastity fits into it. But I have to vote ringless.

DavMan and switchling like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice