Spares for CB6000 range

Discussion in 'CB Range' started by paulsavin1701, Jan 6, 2010.

1. paulsavin1701

paulsavin1701 Chaste In Berkshire

Computer stuff
    Reading
    Local Time:
    10:23 PM
    For some bizarre reason the most comfortable ring of my CB6000 (the slightly larger than middle one) broke last night. This was REALLY bad. I had only just explained to my wife about my CB and she had accepted it.

She let me wear it all night. But this morning the hole had split.

I wouldn't trust superglue as it's unreliable under stress so I changed to the smaller ring which REALLY pinched even though I perservered all day. I'm now in the largest ring but it's too loose.

Is there a supplier in the UK who sells just the rings?

Alternatively is there a kind soul who wants to swap.

2. jaimelynn

jaimelynn Senior Member

Local Time:
    4:23 PM
    Did it look like this? I contacted A.L. Enterprises at mailto:amiller143@aol.com If you have had it for less than a year, they will replace it with a copy of the receipt. I also sent a copy of the PayPal receipt and they had me send the broken ones back. Check you other rings fro stress cracks in the pin hole area, too. I had been wearing my CB6K for 7 months, before the bottom seam on the cage split OUCH!!!! After sending the cage in and getting a CB6000s cage in return the ring split. With the Holidays slow mail system I received the new parts on the 29th of December so now my counter has been reset on New Year's day.

In the meanwhile, try a longer pin and spacer that might get you by.

Attached Files:

3. paulsavin1701

Computer stuff
    Reading
    Local Time:
    That's EXACTLY the problem - But I didn't by mine direct. I bought it from a company who had bought a load of bankrupt stock. Do you think that'll matter?

4. jaimelynn

jaimelynn Senior Member

Local Time:
    Well, the only way to tell is to contact them @ amiller143@aol.com If anyone can help you they will. If you don't have a receipt maybe somebody could make you one. It just has to be with one year.

5. paulsavin1701

Computer stuff
    Reading
    Local Time:
    I've emailed them a nice letter telling them how much I love the device. (I really do).

I've asked them if they do spares or replacement. I only bought the device a month ago so my PayPal receipt is still in date, should they require it.

Many thanks for your advice. I hadn't thought of going straight to the manufacturer

6. jaimelynn

jaimelynn Senior Member

Local Time:
    There ya go, they are located in Utah in the United States so, they will get back to you later today. The only time I didn't receive a answer back the day I emailed the was over a weekend. They have real good customer service. When mine broke, I went to PayPal and copied and pasted the receipt into the email. As being a truck driver and out of the state alot, it was about two week before I got back to send it in. I emailed them again, and they wrote back:
    even after 2 weeks had past!!!

7. paulsavin1701

Computer stuff
    Reading
    Local Time:
    I've been in contact with A L Enterprises about my broken Ring. I've also noticed that the moon shaped parts appear to have a couple of hairline fractures.

Agghhh, disaster, though. After AL E were really nice to me I sent PDFs of my paypal receipts and they have come back to me and told me that Greens-Shop isn't a authorised or recognised reseller.

They believe that greens-shop may be selling knock-offs.

I've just sent an email to greens-shop to ask them whether they can supply me with a replacement ring or device. They've been really helpful in the past, but until I get a response I would suggest being careful, just in case they're a little dodgy.

Attached Files:

8. jaimelynn

jaimelynn Senior Member

Local Time:
    Ouch, sorry to hear about that, but you have a PayPal receipt, you could use them to get a solution for you. They have a resolutions center, have them go after Green's shop, they have more lawyers.

9. paulsavin1701

Computer stuff
    Reading
    Local Time:
    I would be really surprised if it was a fake. It's exactly the same packaging and parts as they appear on the cb-2000.com website.

The only funny thing was that the only instructions which were in the package ( about fitting and cleaning ) were on a small piece of card (about 3 inches by 4 inches). Every part was in sealed celophane. I have the Master Lock, the KH tags, groovy "designer" CB6000 bag etc....

Realistically, I bought my CB-6000 for 47 pounds. I bought a second one and sold it for 60 pounds - 13 pound profit (minus ebay/paypal fees)- so realistically it's only cost me 34 pounds. So I'm not really hard done by, but would prefer not to buy another one (from an official authorised reseller) when all I want is a new ring!

I'll wait to hearing what greens-shop say tomorrow.

Nightly night.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice