Ring Sting

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by ChasteJase, Mar 24, 2022.

1. ChasteJase

ChasteJase Long term member

Local Time:
    6:29 AM
    I'm hoping to hear from guys who experienced ring sting/ ball burn and managed to solve it in some way.

I'm still very new to chastity but continue to dive deeper into it. My personal situation is that I would love to bring my wife into this and have her be my KH, but for now I am doing this in secret. Part of my excuse for holding off on talking to her is that I haven't found something that I can wear longer than 1/2 a day or so. I don't want to get involved in something that turns out to not be something I can even do because of physical issues.

The primary problem is ring sting or burning on my scrotum which shows up as red irritated skin. This is not in the ball gap but under the base of the ring. I have a cheap Chinese cage that has caused it. I also have a white resin Mamba/Cobra style cage that causes it. Sometimes it is better than other times - in fact, yesterday I wore the white mamba for many hours without issue, but now I am wearing it with burning.

Here are some of my findings:
    - a larger ring results in less burn but a larger ring has the problem that I can slip out the back.
    - conversely, the smaller ring seems to be the better fit but causes more irritation.
    - yesterday i used a water based lubricant (less burning). Today I tried a skin lotion (more burning).

I am wondering if
    1) I just need to get use to wearing the ring and burn will get better (I don't think so though)
    2) if an oval ring would be better for my anatomy (I think a 39mm high, 41mm wide oval ring would be my best fit)
    3) if a high quality perfectly smooth ring would make a difference
    4) if a larger ball gap would make a difference.

Ultimately, I do feel like an oval ring and a larger gap would help. The only way to get that is to go custom. I don't want to invest that much only to have the same problems. I guess I am wanting to hear that the investment will be worth it and solve the issue.

2. jemima

jemima maid for my Mistress

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
    11:29 AM
    a lot of folks has what you got when they start and i think that it go away after you get use to have it lock on you for a long time. my one dont hurt me now but i have been lock in one for a long time now and i forgot if t hurt first really but i think that some hurts more than other ones. and the best rings i think am round metal ones.

3. SheMastersMyDomain

SheMastersMyDomain In continuous chastity since 1/1/19

Queen City, USA
    Local Time:
    I suggest you try other lubricants. Without them, is when I get similar burning. The two you tried are not long lasting. I use silicon lube (my fav is pjur, but others should be similar). I have also seen baby oil gel recommended here often.

I apply after each shower and at bedtime and that takes care of it for me.
    Good luck

Tarknassus likes this.
  4. Hig4s

Hig4s Long term member

Local Time:
    Are you clean shaven where the burn is happening? I was getting some burn on the bottom and found, when the cage was removed for cleaning, that I wasn't fully shaved there. Touched up the shaving and it was much better when the cage went back on.

5. slavefox

slavefox Active member

Manager at Tech Company
    Las Vegas, USA
    Local Time:
    3:29 AM
    Conversely I found that not shaving at all in that area helped.

Tarknassus and Hig4s like this.
  6. Lady&sub

Lady&sub Active member

Norway
    Local Time:
    12:29 PM
    First of all I want to say you have a stupid excuse. What use is it if you find the perfect cage and she hates it? or feels absolutely bad that you have kept this from her? or are you gonna lie about it?

I have had trouble too with the ring.
    I have tried 14 different cages over (around) 3 years and still got problems with the ring.
    The best is absolutely smooth and a little to the large side - but also the cage is a factor.
    As long as the gap is kept small you cant escape anyway.
    Havn't tried much oval so cant say much about em.
    Applied some lube/cream many times during the day helped - but still a problem most often at night times.
    Custom - you can try CherryKeepers or something alike which is not so expensive.

Sorry but dont have a solution - I'm going PA too see if that works for me

7. ChasteJase

Local Time:
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I will try silicone lube and sanding my rings down to 1500 grit sandpaper.

Lady&Sub - perhaps it's a stupid excuse, but my thought is that if this isn't a sustainable venture, then I just need to ditch it and there's no reason to involve the wife in a fail fetish.

Lazlo Toth likes this.
  8. Guest 2271

Guest 2271 Active member

Local Time:
    5:29 AM
    Also the more you wear the tougher your skin will become. I don’t now how many cages it took me to find one that works wonderful and it is a cheap one from Amazon

9. starflyer

starflyer Junior Member

UK
    Local Time:
    i use with johnsons baby oil to lube up the ring, stopped my burning

Hig4s likes this.
  10. Alceste

Alceste Chaste Member

United States
    Local Time:
    Sounds like a pressure sore. Try using some oil based lubrication on the bottom of the ball sack.

I use some antibacterial ointment, which has a petrolatum base.

11. Hig4s

Hig4s Long term member

Local Time:
    I haven't had much burning issue, just starting and haven't gone more than a week, but I've been using gold bond radiance oil infused cream. It is also what I use to give my wife massages.

12. CuriousAndy

CuriousAndy Long term member

Australia
    Local Time:
    8:29 PM
    I find with a 40mm ring (steel or resin) I can get burn behind the balls. Lubrication helps. I sometimes find the skin is folded against the ring, stretching it out flat against the ring makes the burn go away.

I usually wear a 45mm ring because it is a lot more comfortable. Burn is very rare, but can happen with an attempted erection.

My ideal size is probably in between, around 43mm ish. Though I have not found one that size yet and I've not tried a custom ball trap device.

My most comfortable device was a custom full belt (I need to get a new one).

I'm clean shaven.

13. ChasteJase

Local Time:
    Thanks all for the replies. I like the idea of a ring that I can only get one finger under b/c it seems close to impossible to pull out the back. Once I can get 2 fingers under the ring, I can pull out. I will try some of these different lubricant ideas and will also sand smooth. I took my Chinese steel ring and put it in a vice to make it slightly oval. I'll test out all of those edits and see what happens and let anyone who is curious know the results.

14. CuriousAndy

CuriousAndy Long term member

Australia
    Local Time:
    8:29 PM
    Definitely post the results!

Always good to hear ideas on tighter fitting and comfort.

15. boisub

boisub Inaccessible member

Northwest US
    Local Time:
    4:29 AM
    Where exactly is the burn?

If it’s at the base of your testicles, you may just need to increase the gap slightly.

Remember that there are two layers of skin there that are basically being pressed together with the base ring on one side and the lower side of the penis tube on the other. Having too little room there can pinch the skin on the underside of the scrotum. Of course, too much room allows for the boys to pop out, so it takes some careful adjustment.

Otherwise you seem like you’re doing the right things. Keep experimenting, and take it as slowly as your body tells you to.

16. ChasteJase

Local Time:
    Thanks boisub. The irritation is at the base. I definitely think ball gap makes a difference. I have bent my cage to open the gap to >1/2" and I have now bent the ring to a little more oval shape. I still have a little bunching on the balls and I think a little wider on the left to right part of the oval could help more. I want to dial it in on this cheap cage before I think about shelling out hundreds for a custom. I may try the hair plucking trick someone mentioned as well.

17. Lazlo Toth

Lazlo Toth C/D on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale: 9/9

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    I agree. Never let anyone tell you how to run your marriage. YES, clear communication is essential. But so is good preparation.

I did the same thing years ago. Prior to bringing up chastity with my wife, I determined whether or not I could/would wear a device.

18. ChasteJase

Local Time:
    Thanks Lazlo. I'm definitely a "planner" and don't jump into things, especially when they are as important as my marriage relationship. I am 46 and have had many fleeting fetishes. Is this one? I don't know, but I don't think so. This fetish checks every box of my past desires and also has the real potential (if done right) of making my marriage even stronger and making my wife happier. I consider that a win-win. It could also blow up in my face, so I don't want to take it lightly. Every marriage is different. Mine is very strong except for one thing - sex communication gets an F, so this is uncharted territory for me.

littleguy3 likes this.
  19. bondinchas

bondinchas Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
  20. ChasteJase

Local Time:
    Thanks. It sounds like plucking is the secret in your book

21. ChasteJase

Local Time:
    So, reporting on a second day of no ring sting after having tweezed the hair on my sack. I am hopeful that this strange trick was ultimately the big fix. I also started using avocado oil on the ring when I put it on. No redness, itching or sting 2 days in a row (both time wearing about 3-4 hours). Big thanks to @bondinchas

bondinchas likes this.
  22. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    I’ve found that a good moisturiser works best for me.

23. ChasteJase

Local Time:
    Small update. I have gotten the ring sting again. My sack was pretty tight this morning when I put it on. I'm thinking that may have something to do with it. I'm going to see if I can warm it up and try again later.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice