Returning to the Neosteel 'The FUN' after trying other belts

Discussion in 'Full Belts' started by travel joe, Apr 28, 2019.

Tags:
  1. travel joe

travel joe Active member

Melbourne Australia
    Local Time:
    11:07 AM
    Hello and welcome.

My name is TravelJoe and this is my review of the Neosteel ‘The FUN’ chastity belt, but first a brief background

I’ve been in and out of chastity belts for the past 5 years. As with most people who are interested in chastity, I started with a CB-6000 and upgraded to a holy trainer about a year after. I continued to experiment with the holy trainer for another year and found that while the holy trainer was a step up from the CB-6000 I still suffered from a lot of the same issues: trouble sleeping, difficulty keeping everything clean, and pain while exercising. After testing the waters for 2 years, I’d had enough and decided the only way forward was a full steel belt.

After researching full belts and steel cages with piercings for what felt like decades, I finally placed an order with Dr Mende at Neosteel and received my belt in December 2016. Now I understand that December 2016 is a lifetime ago, and you might be wondering why I decided to write a review 3 years later. Simply put, I initially struggled with the fit and adjustments with the Neosteel belt and decided I wanted to try other full steel belts to see if my struggles were the same across multiple belts or specific to Neosteel. Basically, I didn’t feel like I had enough experience to accurately review the Neosteel belt and I didn’t want to rush to any conclusions.

In the end, I ended up ordering/wearing full belts from Behind Barz (link) and Fancy Steel (link). Both belts had their strengths and weakness, but after wearing them off and on for a year, I ultimately found myself preferring the Neosteel for a variety of reasons which I will detail below.

Starting off, anyone who is interested in Chastity knows that Neosteel is synonymous with quality and security, on these points this belt does not disappoint. Dr. Mende’s work screams quality, sophistication, and attention to detail down to the little screw post used with his locks. It is very evident that all of the pieces are machined with great accuracy and everything has a purpose. Needless to say, once locked on this belt will not be removed without the key. However, this accuracy and security does have some drawbacks especially while you are getting used to/adjusting the belt.

When I initially received my belt, I found the belt became uncomfortable after only a few hours. Many people, and reviews, point to the adjustment period being a bit of a challenge, so I was ready to diligently bend and shape the waist band while also experimenting with the different sizes (the belt does allow for small changes to the waist size and distance between the legs. Despite my best efforts, and easing into everything (started with small increments of time and slowly built up to longer wear times), I still ran into problems with my hips bruising and the area between my legs getting very agitated.

One thing I would like to note for anyone considering purchasing a Neosteel belt is that the bending process is considerably trickier than other belts due to the fact that the waist band is thicker (3mm). Bending the waist band in some directions is possible, for example if you bend the belt along the flat side. However other bends such as along the end, or twisting the bottom edge out/in are near impossible (unless you own your own machine shop). I did get there in the end, but as others have said, you will spend a decent amount more time bending with this belt than other belts.

Moving on, I began to suspect the issue was related to how short the length of the wire was that connects the penis tube to the waist belt. I came to this conclusion mainly due to the bruising on my hips as it felt like the belt was constantly getting pulled down as well as the difficulty, I had with bowel movements (I was not able to pull the rear cable aside at all). After emails with Dr. Mende we agreed the cable might be a bit tight, likely due to errors with my measurements (yes - I did order the measurement kit, but it still takes some practice), and I sent the crotch module back to Dr. Mende to have it elongated by 1.5 cm.

After receiving the crotch module back with the slightly longer rear cable, the fit was significantly better. The longer cable solved the issues I was having with the abrasions between my legs and allowed for much easier bowel movements without losing any of that security that we all love. The only remaining issue I had was my hips bruising. The longer cable helped significantly but did not completely eliminate the issue. While it is not totally eliminated, I believe it is just a matter of my body adjusting at this point.

One of the other benefits I noticed following the adjustments was sitting. I’ve seen other reviews other there post about difficulties sitting for extended periods of time in full steel belts. Prior to my adjustments I too was in this boat. More specifically, I found it quite troublesome to sit on a sofa, whereas desk chairs were more comfortable (likely due to the fact that I naturally sit up straight). That said, I still found myself wanting to get up and go for a brief walk every 45 minutes or so. Once the crotch module was extended, I was able to sit in desk chairs for hours and was much more comfortable on my sofa.

The only area that I don’t feel like I have touched on, but think is very important is the suitability of the Neosteel belt for those of us who are active. As an avid running, gym goers, and generally active individual one of the most important areas when considering a full steel chastity belt was how it felt during these activities. At this point I have put all of my belts (the Neosteel, Behind Barz, and Fancy Steel) through various runs and workout sessions at the gym. All of the belts have their pros and cons, but in the end I found the design and precision of the Neosteel belt is best suited to those of us who are active. I found that the thicker waist band of the Neosteel belt helps to more evenly distribute the weight while also minimising abrasions on the hip.

Additionally, the design of the Neosteel locking system is very slender making it easy to hide under clothing. This was one area I found myself paying particular attention to when laying down on a bench (say for the bench press) or when leaning over (say when doing a dead-lift). I also found that the Neosteel sat marginally lower on my waist than the other belts making it slightly easier to conceal while out in public.

The model that I purchased was the one with a rear cable which I find very comfortable and well suited to my active lifestyle. It doesn’t hurt that it also feels like you’re wearing a thong . I have heard others recommend a solid rear cable, as opposed to standard rear cable (which is flexible) and while I don’t have firsthand experience, I definitely think this is something to consider. The standard rear cable is a little thick and can make using the bathroom a little challenging. Thus, presumably a solid and thinner cable might make things a little easier in that department.

To wrap it all up, the design of the Neosteel belt is truly unique and something that sets it apart from the rest of the other players. Of all the belts, the Neosteel was one of the highest quality/craftsmanship and easily one of the most beautiful. While I talked a bit about the need to conceal my chastity belts in public, I have no issues showing this off while out at events as it really is a piece of art. Functionality wise, the Neosteel belt also scores high marks with its unique ‘squeeze method’ (I admit it is very effective). My only complaint would be the design of the penis tube which could be a little more open to allow for slightly better hygiene). When it comes to security, there is simply no question, Neosteel all the way. Once everything is properly fitted, this belt cannot be removed without the key (as they say, be careful what you wish for).

Thanks for reading, and if you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out.

PS: shout out to @Andrew K and his review which prompted me to write this one.

PSS: I have uploaded a few photos but they are still going through moderation. I will add a link if everything is approved.

2. ChastinRubber

ChastinRubber Member

Local Time:
    9:07 AM
    Thanks for your review. It must be helpful for me to select full belt. Now I am hesitating to buy rear cable band or anus hole band. Do you have any recommendations?

Several years passed by, do you wear full belt (Neosteel or others ) 24/7 now? If so, I guess you must enjoy very much.

3. travel joe

travel joe Active member

Melbourne Australia
    Local Time:
    Looks like the photos were approved, so for anyone interested you can find them here.

Ellie40 likes this.
  4. travel joe

travel joe Active member

Melbourne Australia
    Local Time:
    Hi there ChastinRubber. Glad to hear the post has helped you.

As for you first question (rear cable or anus hole band), it is difficult for me to answer as I do not have the anus hole option. The solid rod option I mentioned in my post is an option that is different from what you are describing and it is not listed on the website (last time I checked). Having said all of that, I remember reading various reviews on this topic and the general consensus was that the anus hole band is very secure but also limiting in terms of movement. I am generalising here, but it seems to me that in general the anus hole band is more practical for shorter periods of time where as the rear cable can be worn however long you please. As I DO have the rear cable, I can confirm that the rear cable is comfortable for extended periods of time. So if you are planning on wearing your Neosteel belt for long periods of time (ie multiple days/weeks) I would suggest the rear cable.

Either way you decide, you can't go wrong - so don't stress about it. Maybe start with the rear cable and if you feel like you want to experience the other option, you can always order it later.

As for your second question I do wear my belts often yes, but not 24/7 like some of us on here. That is still something that I am working up to at the moment. Currently we do lockups of between 1 - 2 weeks at a time (sometimes a month) with breaks in-between. On that topic, I'm hoping to visit Neosteel in the coming months to check that my bending and adjustments have lead to a good fit and see if any other changes need to be made. So yes, you could say I love the Neosteel belt (though I will say the Behind Barz is a close second).

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Timbek likes this.
  5. latexbound

latexbound Locked

Wales, UK
    Local Time:
    2:07 AM
    Great review. Thanks for sharing.

6. KnotNamed

KnotNamed New member

Local Time:
    6:07 PM
    Hey travel joe,

I've had considerable difficulty getting chastity devices to fit and work properly for me in the past, and am hoping a Neosteel FUN belt will finally provide an effective solution. (It's sort of a last, best hope.) I have a measuring kit and have been working with it and the accompanying instructions for a while, but still find I'm running into a few points of doubt/uncertainty. I notice that you and I seem to have a reasonably similar build, and I'd prefer not to get things wrong, or have to go through an extensive game of adjustment-tag if I can help it, so I hope you (or anyone else with some insight) might be able and willing to answer a few questions and/or clarify a few points for me. (Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get any sort of response back directly from Neosteel/Dr. Mende on the matter.)

1. I find that there are two different states where I can get the recomended "light tension" on the measuring kit's rear/snap strap that goes directly between the legs and buttocks: one where the tape is sort of resting on the surface, over the top of the bum crack, and one where it has slipped down into the bum crack. Based on your experience, which one of those would you say is the correct arrangement for getting the proper measurement?

2. I can tell the difference between the waist and hip positions easily enough in a more general sense, but I'm still a little uncertain about exactly where on the hips the measuring belt should go. Should it be more around the upper iliac blades/crests of the pelvic bones, or a little lower down, more centred right over-top of the anterior points/spines? (I.e. should it rest just above (skyward), or directly on top (forward) of the frontmost pointy bits of the hip bones? I've attached a few image diagrams for reference. Should the measuring belt be more in position A/blue or position B/red?)

3. I've had some inconsistent results trying to determine the optimal/correct measuring belt tightness/length. I have one wider leather belt (about 3.5 cm wide) that seems to roughly match the size of the belt shown in the instruction video, but it has very sharp/angular sides/edges. I've also tried some narrower (but still sturdy) leather belts (2.75 cm wide) that have more rounded edges/bevels. I find that the wider, sharper belt starts to cause pain and cut/dig into my skin quite strongly on the bottom edge after wearing it for a little while at a length/tightness where the narrower/rounded belts remain quite comfortable and cause no issues. As a result, I don't know if it's the sharpness or the tightness of the thicker belt that is causing the issue, or if I should trust the result given by the narrower/rounder belts instead. Is there any guidance or insight you could give on how to resolve the discrepancy/conflict?

4. I'm fairly slender and bony, and I've found that when I lie down on my back, my lower abdomen and pelvic wall fall quite far, even going lower than the edges of my pelvic bones. This creates a lot of space under the measuring belt (it's easy to fit my whole hand underneath, even up past the wrist), even when I've tightened the belt snugly following the measuring kit directions (making it snug while standing, then tightening another notch while lying down). If I force the belt even tighter, I can make the space smaller and more snug, so that my hand has to press flat, and there is at least some resistance to slipping under (though it still can), but then the belt is too tight to wear for very long without getting painful or digging into my bones/skin once I sit or stand up (even using the narrower/rounded belt). Did you find you had any sort of similar experience when you were doing your measurements, and do you know if this is something that the finished belt somehow accounts for and addresses (or was there something you had to do to overcome the issue)? (I feel like, if the finished chastity belt behaves the same way, I'll just be able to lie down, reach under and pull myself out of it, even if the belt otherwise remains locked around my hips. For me, that would significantly defeat the purpose, and is currently something of a concern.)

Any help on all this would be appreciated with much regards and thanks. Sorry for going on so long.

Attached Files:

McSlavey likes this.
  7. travel joe

travel joe Active member

Melbourne Australia
    Local Time:
    Hi @KnowNamed.

First, please accept my apology for the extremely late reply. I've had a lot going on in my life recently and it has been difficult to keep up.

Second, while I'm super late I'm hoping I can still provide useful information (even if you have already purchased your belt - super excited for you if you have).

1. When I measured, I measured 'into the bum crack.' That ultimately for me was too tight so I got an extension, but I think that resting over the crack would be too loose. If you go too loose, then you end up pinching your butt when you sit, so I would suggest a happy medium. Measure loosely 'into the crack' but don't pull it taught.

2. Position B for sure. Just note, that it will take time for your hips to get used to it. Mine still get sore after a week, so while 24/7 does exist for me, it is in limited windows even today.

3. With this one, I did not follow Dr. Mende’s advice of using a belt, making it taught, then going a notch tighter. I simply used a belt that had the same height as the Neosteel belt, and made sure that was snug. When I was doing this, the belt never dug into my hips uncomfortably, but I can tell you that the Neosteel belt most certainly will - hence I didn't go a notch tighter on the belt when I was measuring. So for you, I would go with the narrower belt assuming it is of similar dimensions to the Neosteel waist band, or perhaps get a new belt that doesn't have sharp edges. Note that the Neosteel waistband edges are rounded which helps, but does not fully alleviate the problem. It is just something that you have to work up to as mentioned in Andrew K's review from my original post.

4. I have the same thing happen to me, but even still, I can't get out of the belt or slip out of the crotch module. There is a little gap between the waist band and my stomach, but the crotch module remains quite snug, even snugger lying down than standing up. That said, I would not try to tighten your belt to minimise this gap as I don't think you will be able to do anything with it anyway once the belt comes.

I hope this helps answer your questions and if you need anything else just shout - I'll try harder to be more prompt.

Xxendra and Chadstallion like this.
  8. f2p468

f2p468 Junior Member

Local Time:
    8:07 PM
    Hey. @travel joe I am really considering getting the fun. I just have a couple of questions, that I hope you can help with. I was wondering how large the hole at the end of the tube is? Can a finger get in it? Also I am uncut, is there a chance of my foreskin popping out and getting pinched?
    Thanks for you help!

9. travel joe

travel joe Active member

Melbourne Australia
    Local Time:
    Hi @f2p468

The hole at the end of the tube is pretty narrow. I just measured it and it looks like it is 6-7 mm in diameter. From that perspective, I really doubt you could get a finger in there (they would have to be really tiny).

As for your other point, I'm afraid I can't help you as I am cut. One thing I can say though, is that the head of the penis does push right up to the end of the tube (if you measure correctly), so it is possible some foreskin could protrude. Perhaps measure the length a bit longer, or just see what Dr. Mende recommends.

Best of luck on your adventure.

10. Ellie40

Verified Female

Manchester, England
    Local Time:
    2:07 AM
    Very very sexy. Thank you for sharing. It is my dream to be able to lock up a cock in this belt one day. I especially like the idea of his erection being squeezed and everything so tucked away plus the security of course. The full frontal pic is lush. Please do share any more especially a rear view.

11. ccontrol

ccontrol Active member

Local Time:
    I thought @travel joe was crazy when he said Position B based on @KnotNamed's diagrams, but then I put my hip band on and checked. He's absolutely right. If the hip band is sitting correctly, it passes over the prominence of the iliac spine in front. (there's a reason Dr. Mende calls it a hip band and not a waist band).

I did not believe Dr. Mende when he said that I had the hip band sitting too high, and I did not believe that it could go lower.

So the first rule in the Art of Bending Your Steel Chastity Belt should be: if you can, work with the belt's maker on how to make it fit right.

The second rule should be: pay attention to every detail of their instructions about how to fit and adjust the belt.

When I finally did pay attention to what Dr. Mende had told me, I found I could not get the hip band to bend at the points where it needed to bend in order to follow the contours of my hips. Recently I bought a pipe/bar bending tool and at last the hip band fits! Just where Dr Mende said it should.

Next problem: the 4mm rear bar that I insisted he make 5cm longer is now too long. Just like he said it would be. I've reached out to him for help with that.

12. ccontrol

ccontrol Active member

Local Time:
    The hole at the end of my Fun tube is 12 mm in diameter. I can get the tip of my pinky finger in. If there are different size options there, I would definitely ask for 6 mm -- especially if you are uncut.

The rim of hole is very smooth, which is nice. I definitely sit up and take notice when my dick reaches the edges of the opening at the end of my Behind Barz cage!

13. travel joe

travel joe Active member

Melbourne Australia
    Local Time:
    Been there and done that with the behind barz, haha.

14. FetishTools

FetishTools Manufacturer

Switzerland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    3:07 AM
    Anyone would love to co-develop with me a new belt meeting our requirements ?

Timbek likes this.
  15. travel joe

travel joe Active member

Melbourne Australia
    Local Time:
    It sounds like a cool idea, and it is honestly something I've considered in the past. Sadly, I don't have the means to do so - no workshop, no space, and no experience working with metal. The best I can contribute is knowledge from previous experience.

Let me know how you go if you do decide to whip something up.

16. FetishTools

FetishTools Manufacturer

Switzerland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I have knowledge - skills - 1/4 of the tools and experience working in metal. If we do a group buy of the missing tools and raw material I could build something for each member of the group. :)

lockmeup4life and Timbek like this.
  17. KnotNamed

KnotNamed New member

Local Time:
    Hey @travel joe. No worries. I understand about the life part. Besides, late is still infinity better than never (and how can hold something against the person who's graciously doing me a favour?). In any case, real thanks to you for providing such detailed and cogent (and patient) answers. (Thanks to you too, @ccontrol, for the confirming input.) It will hopefully be helpful. I sometimes find that my mind is so analytical and detailed focused that it gets a little tangled up in things, so this helps me sort everything out a bit more definitively (and also helps give a bit more peace of mind). Regards and be well.

travel joe likes this.
  18. travel joe

travel joe Active member

Melbourne Australia
    Local Time:
    I appreciate the offer, but will pass on this round. If you do get something up and running make sure to put up a blog post and tell us about it - I'd love to give it a read.

All the best.

FetishTools likes this.
  19. shieldingmatrix

shieldingmatrix Junior Member

Fort Bragg, CA
    Local Time:
    @travel joe This is a very valuable thread. I've been thinking about a NeoSteel a lot lately. I have always wanted a full belt, but I'm struggling with how to accommodate it to real life and a 24/7/365 wearing schedule. I really appreciate your detailed work here. Thanks.

Did you ever get to visit with Dr. Mendes? I guess with Covid-19 that puts a kibosh on such things. I hope that if and when you do you will write something about the experience.

20. Tamed Male

Tamed Male Active member

Local Time:
    I’m curious whether anyone with the FUN can comment on whether the ‘funnel’ end works to suppress elections the way it is intended, and if so, how effective is it and what is it like?

Thanks!

21. Fetish

Fetish Junior Member

EU
    Local Time:
    Tamed Male likes this.
  22. travel joe

travel joe Active member

Melbourne Australia
    Local Time:
    I can agree with @Fetish above. The funnel design, combined with a tight fit, is definitely effective at preventing erections.

Tamed Male likes this.
  23. Tamed Male

Tamed Male Active member

Local Time:
    Thanks for the answers, this is very helpful!

24. Marc Anderson

Marc Anderson Active member

Retired Firefighter, now “Gym Rat”
    Eastern Seaboard, US
    Local Time:
    9:07 PM
    Thanks for your review. I too lead a very active lifestyle. What about doing a spin class with it on? In addition, I travel extensively on motorcycles - how would your belt feel on a motorcycle?

25. Fetish

Fetish Junior Member

EU
    Local Time:
    Motorcycle: Not a problem.
    Spin class: I have no experience, but riding a bike is possible (no chaffing, etc)

Marc Anderson likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice