Religion?

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by Reverend Chastity, Dec 30, 2018.

1. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Sheffield. South Yorkshire UK
    Local Time:
    1:37 AM
    It is not wise to declare whether or not you have a religion or indeed which one if you do.

If you understand why I say this good perhaps you have awoken.

If you do not understand why I say it then you are probably still asleep.

And.... No ..... don't ask me to help you wake up.

2. KliwonBinKlingon

KliwonBinKlingon Active member

Local Time:
    7:37 AM
    I'm a Protestant Christian, sometimes I feel kinda guilty after masturbate.

3. smalldick_tom

smalldick_tom Member

Retired
    Denmark, Aarhus
    Local Time:
    2:37 AM
    I was born and baptized as a Christian. However. I came to this world with a couple of disabilities, and I lost a good friend at the age fo 13, which has strongly effected my 'beliefs'.

I was discussing this with a friend this summer, and explained him how I view religion and so on, as it is not a thing I put much time or thought into - He explained that I was prolly what people would call an agnostic. Fine with me.

I don't believe in A or B, and no, it has no impact on my denial, chastity or submission to anyone. I did explain myself to him like somthing like this.: "The Religious people mock the Atheist for not being able able to prove that God does not exist. The Atheist mock the Religious people for not being able to prove that God does exist - I have placed myself in the middle, waiting for the battle to end. Why should I rule one of the two out?

I do believe in people, hope, and that my life and death has a purpose in the grand scheme, and it will be alright when I end - Or start a new.

Maybe I did think a little about it after all.. ;)

4. Achedlock17

Achedlock17 Long term member

Local Time:
    I don’t think that’s odd at all. In fact I think it’s essential. In fact what you say here is odd is in fact a link in your perspective to the point about morality (howsoever determined) made by @Billus.

I share his view about the importance of morality and would develop it the other way around-so one should apply morality to prevent the risk of putting the dimension of enjoyment ahead of broader social/political concerns. In my view that would be an abrogation of responsibility.

In vanilla terms it would be like ignoring the bad behaviour in broader society of a hot partner because one enjoys them. Not good!

The contemporary philosopher Zizek has written extensively on the political importance of not being seduced by enjoyment itself as the only criterion guiding behaviour, going so far as to label enjoyment as a symptom of a broader political pathology.

In answer to the spirit of the original question (pardon the pun) whilst not personally religious I do apply philosophy (of morals; aesthetics; politics) to questions of how to behave in the kinky lifestyle.

5. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Local Time:

Douglas Adams... Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy
    and
    Terry Pratchett... Small Gods

Between them handled this sort of thinking some time ago

In Small Gods the book is based upon this premiss. a god's existence whatever the religion is based on faith the more faith the more powerful the god and the less people that follow a particular god the smaller and less significant that god becomes.

Douglas Adams.. mentioned that as people believe in god and that the belief in god requires faith so were that god to prove it exists then there would be no need for faith in it and without faith it would disappear.

Food for thought if you are ever contemplating your own faith in whoever or lack of it.

spider203 likes this.
  6. Ma’am M

Ma’am M Wife/KH of Ma’ams Slut, and the F in our FLR
    Verified Female

Healthcare professional
    Pennsylvania
    Local Time:
    8:37 PM
    Raised in a Roman Catholic household. Church every Sunday. Sex was not discussed and premarital sex was a sin.

I think I’m fairly agnostic now. Sometimes i believe God exists, sometimes I don’t. Sometimes I envy those who have a strong faith. It’s my opinion that organized religion is a mere human construct.

jack2802, OscartheTurtle and Billus like this.
  7. Sissy_Denise

Sissy_Denise Active Sissylander

Local Time:
    And one designed to control the masses. It has existed in one form or another all over the globe, from the European to the middle Eastern to the South and middle Americas. All provide some reason to be "good".

8. DonnaSue

DonnaSue Long term member

Retired
    Southeast US
    Local Time:
    7:37 PM
    Raised Catholic, now Southern Baptist. Mistress assures me that being in our FLR is perfect in that it keeps me fully committed to Her, faithful, and not straying in any way. Being caged and not being able to wank also keeps me honest.

9. collegeslave

collegeslave Junior Member

Philadelphia, PA
    Local Time:
    I'm not going to try and debate the impact of religion on the morality of the population, but what you state is simply not true for the United States at least. The rate of violent crime in the US has decreased almost every single year over the past 25 years.

Source: https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-...olent-crime-some-still-well-historical-highs/

The first graph shows this.

boisub and Billus like this.
  10. smalldick_tom

smalldick_tom Member

Retired
    Denmark, Aarhus
    Local Time:
    2:37 AM
    I bought and read Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy years ago. I love it, but I can't remember it to well to be honest. I do remember towels are the most important, thing in life. Something about chasing a couch over a field, and that the trick to learn how to fly, is not to fall and hit the grund when you take off.

With that said, I think we all comtemplate faith, life, and so on, now and then. I am no exception.

11. Jinkyu

Jinkyu Long term member

Seattle area
    Local Time:
    5:37 PM
    Raised episcopalian, it didn't stick after childhood.

Baptist in the last decade (Pacific Northwest style) when deployed in the military; wife/KH found a great church community while I was gone and we've stuck with it.

Ma’ams Slut likes this.
  12. RhiannonT

RhiannonT Long term member

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    10:37 AM
    I'm technically a Catholic - Roman Catholic. I was christened when I was a baby. That was the last time I probably set foot in a church (I'd probably spontaneously combust if I got anywhere near one these days!). I'm not in the slightest bit religious and I'm a fan of what religion is used for these days. I understand why people are religious, but it's certainly not for me.

13. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Local Time:
    Allegedly its because of all the fluoride in the water or the added chemicals they put in food and drinks

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice