Philosophical Q: Is it Chastity if you like it?

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by downlow, Feb 12, 2021.

Random Thread
  1. downlow

downlow Junior Member

Local Time:
    5:52 PM
    For those that care to wade in, a question that I've had forever is this: Is it "Chastity" if you like it?

The way I think about it is that Chastity has two components: 1) the physical - the chastity device (or are the mental chastity for those that have pledged and honored it without a device); and 2) the mental - are you being denied something you want?

So if you want chastity, are you really in Chastity, since you are not being denied? If you are doing something you want, does it still "count" as Chastity?

Also, as a variant, what if you can no longer get erections? For example, I know an elderly submissive to a pro domme. He has said that he can no longer achieve an erection because of medical issues. He wears a chastity device and talks about how long he has been locked up. But is he really in Chastity? I mean, if you can't get it up, are you just wearing something on your penis, rather than being in Chastity? As a metaphor, if you medically can't eat meat, can you claim to be a vegetarian?

This is purely a philosophical question. I don't have a dog in this fight. I'm not advocating a position. I'm a blank slate on this. I'm just wondering what very knowledgeable and experienced people think.

Tom Allen likes this.
  2. Giles_English

Giles_English Chaste slave

Slave
    UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    9:52 PM
    I think chastity is like one of those rubber wrist bands: comforting to wear, but suddenly exciting when pinged.

So my answer is, yes.

boisub, Tom Allen, Guest 3944 and 3 others like this.
  3. StubHub

StubHub Long term member

Retired
    Central iowa
    Local Time:
    4:52 PM
    My Wife and are past future PIV sex for multiple reasons. On the other hand she has stepped forward to restart use of chastity to satisfy her needs to know intimate contact and proximity does not require or expect to lead to requirements or demands from me on her part.

For over 2 years would not even allow a massage.

If this road brings peace of mind to her and allows her to let me please her then that is our path.

downlow likes this.
  4. King Hippo

King Hippo Long term member

New Jersey
    Local Time:
    Here is the definition of chastity in general...

the state or practice of refraining from extramarital, or especially from all, sexual intercourse.

As long as this is happening, then it is really chastity...

5. Guest 6019

Guest 6019 Long term member

Local Time:
    10:52 PM
    By that definition all marital intercourse is chastity

Isopropylforyou and VeryEnd like this.
  6. Sissy Katie (ofCatherine)

Pacific Northwest
    Local Time:
    2:52 PM
    Here's the truth. Every device can be defeated, in some way. So with that understood, then it's about commitment, obedience, and loyalty. It's about unearthing the parts of you that have been hidden so you can get by in conservative society. It's about a tool, that can be used to improve service and commitment to your Domme.

7. StubHub

StubHub Long term member

Retired
    Central iowa
    Local Time:
    4:52 PM
    My chastity has ran more on honor system in past. Think future holds much more cage time. It offers her better control and knowledge nothing happens without her allowance.

8. Anonoman

Anonoman Long term member

Local Time:
    To me, chastity has to be secure. OK so nothing is ‘totally’ secure but locks keep honest people honest! But I don’t want to be able to easily pull out the back. I’d love a my wife to want me to get a PA or use a tether-spout.

Chastity also has to be about real power exchange. I don’t my wife to offer me the key because she’s second-guessing what I want. I want it to genuinely be her decision based on what she wants.

I think if I’m enjoying it or not, it’s then real.:+1:

9. ChasteCel

ChasteCel 7/6 on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale

Local Time:
    Is being tied up truly bondage if you enjoy it?

Is getting beaten truly painful if you enjoy it?

Is being forced to walk around naked with naughty things written on you in marker while in front of your wife's friends truly humiliating if you enjoy it?

I vote yes, chastity is still chastity if you enjoy it.

Tom Allen and Locked Unloaded like this.
  10. Lazlo Toth

Lazlo Toth C/D on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale: 9/9

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    Like the old joke goes: What would a true sadist do to a true masochist? Answer: Nothing.

For a variety of reasons, I emphatically say "yes" to the question. Like it or not, a locked cock is a chaste cock.

11. downlow

downlow Junior Member

Local Time:
    There's a saying that bondage isn't bondage until you want to get out. :) But I take your point. And thank you for the responses!

As for "all devices can be defeated", I think that thought has nuance. To me, in my own personal view, it would depend on ease of defeating the device and whether damage is done to the device in the process. I think there's a difference between being able to slip out and back on, and having to snip a lock. It's different from easily picking a luggage lock from having to defeat a Master Padlock. I would argue plastic is different from metal. And I would argue that a well fitting device is harder to defeat than a loose one. It depends on how far you are willing to go, and many guys would pick an easy lock or slip out of a loose device, but would not go as far as to break the device or snip a lock.

Just like there are +5 mph speeders and bank robbers; both illegal, but they are not the same.

I have a CB6000s, so far. It fits very well, and with my body, I can not slip out of it. No way. But I could easily cut the plastic pin, and could also snip the exterior padlock. But that is an order of magnitude further than I am willing to go. So some restraint is needed on my part, but much less than if it was easier to defeat.

Just my opinion. And thank ALL of you for your opinions on this. Much appreciated!

12. Xileh

Xileh Happily Serving

Local Time:
    I think it can be more than this. I think many here use chastity to practice orgasm denial - in all forms. It can also be a powerful symbol of releasing control. It is also a testament from the person being locked to the person in control of the key.

My wife has many reasons to keep me locked. When she clicks the lock shut, she knows she can trust me. Although I don’t necessarily like being locked, I will not violate that trust. It is the same trust that guarantees I don’t take off my wedding ring. It is absolute.

Rectrix and downlow like this.
  13. Suewiang

Suewiang Long term member

Maid
    England
    Local Time:
    There are some that take medication for chastity Including those that are criminal offenders rapists etc in some countries where chemical castration Is used. Though my opinion on such people is only full castration and penectomy should be required to make sure society is safe from them.
    However the question of chastity whether it’s by choice or not it is still chastity. The act of denial whether chosen or not still has the same end result and that is been chaste.

attistoC likes this.
  14. gary170

gary170 Long term member

NZ
    Local Time:
    10:52 AM
    To me chastity is when another..ie my wife has control with the use of a secure device ....simple I thought lol

15. LesterBallard

LesterBallard Long term member

Management
    United Kingdom
    Local Time:
    fetishists do what we do because it appeals in some deep mental (and physical) sense

16. Guest 3944

Guest 3944 Active member

Local Time:
    Chastity is a personal attribute, a mindset, an attitude, manifested by your behavior.

Chastity training using a locking device, is either to maintain the course or correct a contrary course using a cage behavior modification, whether you are forced, requested, or voluntarily. It is a tool designed to provide a corrective action.

I consider chastity as an inner quality of the heart and mind that manifests itself in the way you show self respect, and respect for others in a moral way.

Chastity training can get you there, the cage can keep your body there, your heart and mind that are correcting their course, is what keeps you there.

So it depends on the context of the word chastity. Do you mean, in chastity because I am locked in a cage? Or do you mean, in chastity because I have a mindset based on a set of moral principles that I am unwilling to compromise?

The answer ultimately should be yes to both.

I know that's the long answer, but the short answer to your question is YES.

If you are in a cage, and you enjoy it, and it causes good changes to your life and you are happy, you are still in chastity.

Sorry for the long Yes, but it more than one definition for it, and it has no bearing whether you like it or not.

17. homebody

homebody In awe of GoddesofHomebody

Local Time:
    That's right. It's the definition I grew up with in the Catholic church.

In Catholic morality, chastity is placed opposite the deadly sin of lust, and is classified as one of seven virtues. The moderation of sexual desires is required to be virtuous. ... In marriage, the spouses commit to a lifelong relationship that excludes sexual intimacy with other persons.

Chastity - Wikipedia

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice