New ring design

Discussion in 'Chastity device discussions and reviews' started by BavarianWoman, Jun 2, 2023.

1. BavarianWoman

BavarianWoman I rule

Reinsurance
    Munich
    Local Time:
    2:39 PM
  2. FLRAdvocate

FLRAdvocate Long term member

Goddess Worshipper/Pussyfree Lifestyle Evangelist
    Local Time:
    8:39 AM
    Interesting. I wonder if that'll solve the issue guys have with the pain on the underside of the scrotum? That would be super awesome if it did and became the standard for future ring design.

3. BavarianWoman

BavarianWoman I rule

Reinsurance
    Munich
    Local Time:
    Bavarian engeneering?
    I am curious how long it will take until someone makes knockoffs from it.

austria_fox likes this.
  4. sonhee

sonhee Long term member

Local Time:
    1:39 PM
    I have to say the Keuschwerk devices look super sexy. But SO EXPENSIVE!

For comparison:

Keuschwerk titanium cage with PA lock and key pendant:

€560 Einzelhaft cage

€40 polished surface

€100 Stealth lock

€150 PA preparation + "Spielverderber" (PA lock)

€100 Ergoring

€170 Key pendant "Hofgang" for her necklace

€69 Keysafe for emergency key

= €1189

The "Schutzhaft" cage (https://www.keuschwerk.com/shop/schutzhaft/) looks amazing too, easy to clean at the shaft and complete denial at the glans. A piece of art. Although I wonder about urination as the hole looks smaller - but with a PA you need to sit down anyway. But: €850! So it would be €1,379 (stealth lock is included in the Schutzhaft price)

Badass Workroom titanium cage with PA lock and key pendant:

$400 BA-28 titanium version with integrated PA

All other customizations are free I think

$50 Secret Pendant Key Necklace

= $450

Cons: BAWR doesn't have the key safe for the emergency key, nor the "Ergoring" ergonomic base ring design
    Pro: their PA preparation doesn't need a second lock but instead is connected to the main lock.

So I mean going by emotions alone I'd love to get a Keuschwerk piece but I wouldn't be able to justify the price compared to the BAWR.

5. BavarianWoman

BavarianWoman I rule

Reinsurance
    Munich
    Local Time:
    You are right, semms expensive. But if they deliver soon, I don't care.

austria_fox likes this.
  6. Null

Null Member

Local Time:
    What causes pain for me is if it folds on its self and that normally happens on the bottom. I feel like this could help a lot

7. BlackoutDevices

BlackoutDevices Owner of Blackout Devices

Canada
    Local Time:
    6:39 AM
    Looks very similar to my Evo's base ring!
    It definitely is a more anatomical shape. Really the only reason why manufacturers have gone with a circular ring is because its the easiest shape to design/make.

I actually also slightly alter the shape of my Evo ring as guys with lower hanging testicles will need a different shape to those with high and tight testicles. That's why certain rings work better for certain guys yet others can't stand them and get bad ball burn from them

8. sonhee

sonhee Long term member

Local Time:
    What do you do to the base rings to make them work better for guys with low hanging testicles?

9. BlackoutDevices

Canada
    Local Time:
    Well for guys with lower hanging testicles, they have a lot more scrotal skin that needs to fit into the base ring.

I don't want to get into the specifics of what I do as that is part of the Evo's magic but in order to make the base ring more comfortable for low hangers I give the ring more surface area for that skin to spread out on so that there are less "wrinkles" that can contribute to ball burn.

It is a subtle difference as the base design of the ring is phenomenal on its own but its just enough to give that extra 5-10% of comfort by matching your anatomy slightly better.

10. sonhee

sonhee Long term member

Local Time:
    I see, that's a good idea. I often get ball burn because of exactly these wrinkles.

But does the more surface area also translate into the cage hanging less low? That's my main problem... With a too tight ring it's uncomfortable, with a "normal sized" ring (not too loose) it hangs down...

11. BlackoutDevices

Canada
    Local Time:
    So I tackle this in a few indirect ways that don't involve changing the base ring size. (like you said, nobody likes a ring that is too tight)

The first and easiest to explain way is just simply the design of the base ring. The waterfall design of the ring provides more surface area that creates more friction to help keep things in place.

Second, is that, because I can control every single dimension of the cage, I can close the ball gap in ways that don't involve shrinking the base ring below a size that is comfortable with erections. This sort of tacks on to point 1 in that it does a better job of "holding" the scrotum and increasing contact points to increase friction.

Third is that the cage itself is designed to do most of the work when it comes to keeping the cage on and in place. If it wasn't for security, I think most of us would prefer to just have a cage without the base ring and that is more or less what I was striving for when designing the Evo. That way the base ring can be sized how it needs to be and the cage can do its part and they work together in harmony to create a comfortable, long-term cage.

Now all that to say, it isn't a perfect system. Penises are fickle, changing things, the design isn't fully perfect, and it all relies on the measurements being done in a repeatable, standardized way.
    There is likely going to be some slippage at some point but one of the benefits of the open design beyond hygiene is that it is extremely easy to pull things back in place; say after a night of particularly hard straining

12. sonhee

sonhee Long term member

Local Time:
    Interesting. I've had a look at your website and I like it. This should be more popular than the Holytrainer or Kink3d (ok to be fair - I never tried the latter). I'll keep an eye on the Kyrion as well, I'd really like to see an unescapable cage that doesn't rely on a piercing.

Unfortunately I've always struggled with plastic cages because they're never open enough to let my skin breathe and I end up with a red, itchy skin where the shaft meets the scrotum.

13. BlackoutDevices

Canada
    Local Time:
    Thanks for the compliment!
    Its a bit tricky cause I've selected a bit of a smaller section of the chastity community with the design/model/pricing of it. It really is for those that are serious about the chastity lifestyle that want a super comfortable and easy to maintain, long-term cage. The high price point certainly makes it more of a direct investment into the time that you spent locked up.
    But I have put a lot of work into the design to elevate chastity into a more anatomically based realm rather than relying on primitive shapes for the design (like a circle for the base ring)

The Kink3D Cobra cages are great if you fit into their sizing grid and in my opinion have taken over from the Holy Trainers as the standard for cages. In a way I sort of wanted the Evo to be a premium upgrade to the Cobra for those that want a bit of extra comfort/ease of hygiene or that need a custom size without going to super expensive custom metal cages.

Yeah that "joint" at the bottom is a tricky one that I think I will try to more directly address with an "Evo 2". There's a lot of skin down there plus lots of contact with the cage make it tricky for things to properly air out down there. From my 8 weeks 24/7 stint in my own Evo I found it to be fine with the open design but without some disciplined cleaning and drying down there, irritation is always gonna be a possibility.
    That's also something that I changed for the Sport and completely did away with the bottom bar so that things could air out better underneath.

sonhee likes this.
  14. bemfem

bemfem Long term member

Indiana, USA
    Local Time:
    It is not only a ring that is important. The gap is responsible for a lot of issues and people blame it on the ring. You really have to design ring, gap and cage length together. I know Mature Metal controls all three dimensions separately and that is important. I am caged in Jail Bird 24/7 almost 2 years with no problem. I have an oval ring. I do everything caged. I wrote a guide on a cock cage design if you are interested:
    https://www.chastitymansion.com/for...for-24-7-cock-cage-wearing.45079/#post-509577

Krystine Kellogg made a podcast about my cock cage guide if you are interested:
    https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/krystines-flr-podcast/id1529833492?i=1000571210960
    EP: 0241 — https://www.krystinekellogg.com

15. sonhee

sonhee Long term member

Local Time:
    How would the gap affect the amount of skin wrinkling at the base ring? I thought the gap mostly relates to how tight or loose your balls hang. And of course the total space (function of base ring size and gap size) has to be big enough for your scrotum skin to fit and too small for your balls to fit through

16. bemfem

bemfem Long term member

Indiana, USA
    Local Time:
    Ring should sit at the base and all the skin is pulled through the ring. Skin retracts back when the whole cage comes on and that is related to the gap and how skin and scrotum can have room when things are sitting tight.

17. sonhee

sonhee Long term member

Local Time:
    So what's your recommendation for someone with lots of skin and low hanging balls? What combination of base ring size and gap?

18. bemfem

bemfem Long term member

Indiana, USA
    Local Time:
    Get good ring size first. It needs to be tight so it can transfer all the forces when you try to get hard. One finger test is a good start. The oval might be better with more room on the sides. Really try to fit the ring fist as well as possible. Then I would try different gap. For me a very small gap did not work. Although my scrotum stretched a lot. If you are very low, you might need small gap, but some happy medium will exist where your skin can all comfortably get through.

19. BlackoutDevices

Canada
    Local Time:
    So the knuckle test is an unfortunate misconception from the lack of sizing options and anatomical design in non-custom cages.

What the idea unintentionally captures is having enough room in the base ring when flaccid, for the base ring to fit when erect. People just so happened to grow around a knuckles worth of diameter so that's where that rule of thumb came from.

Ideally, a base ring should be large enough to accommodate an erection without cutting off circulation to anything. Then from there you would need to decrease the "ball gap" so that you aren't slipping out; if your cage allows that adjustment... which is where people will often run into the problems of having a lack of options/customizability

The reason why people need to alter the horizontal base gap is because of this variation between flaccid and erect diameters. If you have a large difference, you will need to "close the gap" simply because the difference opened the "functional" gap than what the horizontal gap was designed as. The inverse is also true (and people with tighter testicles often need a larger gap for comfort reasons)
    I actually control for this in a different way that both allows for proper base ring sizing and cage sizing and creates a uniform gap size for everyone without adjusting the horizontal gap size.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice