Men afraid of strong women

Discussion in 'Female led relationships' started by OscartheTurtle, Mar 22, 2019.

Random Thread
  1. OscartheTurtle

OscartheTurtle Long term member

People Manager
    Central Ohio
    Local Time:
    11:09 PM
    Rectrix likes this.
  2. Mistress B

Mistress B Mistress B

Business Owner
    United Kingdom
    Local Time:
    4:09 AM
    You are probably right. I have on occasions dumbed myself down for an hour or two just to relax for a while and see what happens. Only temporarily of course.

Giveitup likes this.
  3. zorglub

zorglub Tether freak

Software developper
    Arizona, USA
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    8:09 PM
    Hmmm, the article's introductory paragraphs contrasts "sensitive, feminine" women with "strong, alpha" ones, asserting that men prefer the former to the latter. But then, the research data it's all about whether men are "comfortable dating someone smarter than them".
    Why the unspoken assumption that intelligent women are not the sensitive, feminine type? Not to mention opposing sensitive/feminine to strong (presumably meaning strong-willed rather than weight-lifting).

Heck, my college sweatheart and me were at the top of our class in sciences and she was in a league of her own in math. We were an item for over 2 years (after that, the relationship became long-distance and petered out...). She was sweet and unexpectedly submissive. No lack of strong will though! A few years ago I read about her in tech news (she got national recognition in her field) and I googled. She's an authority in voice/video encoding algorithms with over 35 patents to her name. I'm in awe, but not surprised.

Consensus likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice