Jailbird adjustments

Discussion in 'Mature Metal' started by Jeffroid, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Jeffroid

Jeffroid Active member

USA Ky
    Local Time:
    11:23 PM
    Anyone else sent a MM device back for shortening the cage length after a few years of use and advice gained? Even though my cage works it's about a half inch too long and the ring could be a size smaller now after learning how to live with it for a few years. I'm curious if I'm gonna waste my money just for aesthetics or is a fit that is worth getting right at least for me? My wife says I should like the extra room but I'm thinking I'm not supposed to have extra room. Is this worth another hundred dollar investment?

Jail Bird likes this.
  2. Jail Bird

Jail Bird Long term member

Mitten State
    Local Time:
    I wear a Jail Bird 24/7. We have sent mine back to MM to shorten the cage. Best thing we are (she) ever did. the smaller cage is more comfortable as it limits my room to grow. I'm a grower not a shower.

We have the spike strip that we ordered with the JB. They had to also cut that down as well. They do excellent work there IMHO you'll not waste your money in having your cage cut down.
    When we ordered my JB my wife sort of said the same thing your wife is saying that I should like a little extra room to grow. Years later, she wants no room to grow as she feels erections or trying to get hard in my belt are not what she expects or wants from me. So, my cage was cut down. Any "stretching" at all down there by me will only be allowed by her.

Get your cage cut down, you'll both be much happier. :) Here, whenever my JB needed to be sent off to MM I wear our back up belt, a CB6000s. We're never without a chastity belt here for me. I fly wearing the plastic CB6000s and switch to my JB when we land.

Good luck

JB

Chastebrewmgr, ugams and Jeffroid like this.
  3. Sipriotes

Sipriotes Slave to Artemistress

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    The official motto of the devices section of the forum should be "The shorter the better!", lol.

A properly fitting device is essential for any kind of long term wear, not just aesthetics. As @King Hippo said, it's like shoes... spending 100 bucks to fix your $400 shoes to re-up them for several more years of use is a wise investment.

locked17, Jail Bird and Jeffroid like this.
  4. King Hippo

King Hippo Long term member

New Jersey
    Local Time:
    All you need to do is e-mail them with what you want to do, and they will give you a price quote. The only adjust they CANNOT do to my knowledge is shrinking the diameter of your cage. I would also recommend getting another ring for it that you currently do not own just to get another option for at home. They sell double wide rings... you can get round/oval... you can get them in any measurement in 1/8''... and if you want something more custom or adventurous you could get a triple?

My point is they have the best customer support for new and most importantly RETURNING customers. They will get back to you with 24 hours, I would be willing to bet my next orgasm on it!

5. Jeffroid

Jeffroid Active member

USA Ky
    Local Time:
    I've been in touch with them already. My main struggle is just how short I shorter I should go. My gut instinct based on random measurements at different times is a half inch shorter for the "glove" fit. Any shorter would venture into punishment territory which me and my wife probably wouldn't get into yet we read about shorter is generally more comfortable for longer term lockups. We want to get it right if we can.

6. King Hippo

New Jersey
    Local Time:
    The one I have coming in is 2 inches in length... I am a relatively "above average" in size, but I don't want it willing around in the device.

When they say 2 inches, they mean the inside part of the cage will be 2 inches + the bars at the end...

They use 1/4 inch steel, and you can pick a gap up from 1/4'', 3/8'', or 1/2''...

So if you measure on the top of your penis... from base to tip... you gotta remember to add 1/4'' + w/e gap size you picked...

If you want to measure on the bottom (where the frenum is) you can ignore the measurement of the 1/4'' ring and the gap you picked... assuming you picked the gap properly....

but like I said before I see no need for myself to go over 2 inches with the 1/4'' inch gap I chose.

Jeffroid likes this.
  7. Jeffroid

Jeffroid Active member

USA Ky
    Local Time:
    In retrospect I think we ordered a two and a half inch cage length back then. When they say don't measure when "shrunken" that's the usual day to day length when erotic thoughts don't cloud things. I guess I'm squabbling with myself over a quarter inch decision both monetarily and functionary .

8. Alana

Alana Long term member

California
    Local Time:
    8:23 PM
    I might also add that MM has had an excellent turnaround time (less than a week) for cage mods every time I have sent mine back.

9. billzboats

billzboats 63rd birthday

Groundskeeper
    US
    Local Time:
    10:23 PM
    They absolutely know how to adjust their product. They are determined to make it work for you. I wish every company that I dealt with was as determined. E-mail or call them for advice. I have several times.

10. Jeffroid

Jeffroid Active member

USA Ky
    Local Time:
    I don't want to quote their prices here but per our recent correspondence it will cost a little extra to shorten a cage that was originally ordered with the punishment pins/spike strip option which we have but seldom use. I'm just waiting on her to OK the whole thing. She thinks I'm just quibbling about extra room I should be glad to have sometimes. But after a few years I know a couple adjustments would go a long way both mentally and especially physically as far as comfort and long term wear are concerned. But it's up to her when these adjustments happens since she already controls the money and our kink limits. I've lived with the current setup for over 5 years so a couple months more doesn't matter that much. Cheers!

11. King Hippo

New Jersey
    Local Time:
    If this is a lifestyle you guys live, I don't see why she would even question your rationale for wanting to make it more comfortable... I see people blow 200 dollars on shoes, so a couple hundred dollars to make something wrapping your penis and balls up makes a lot of sense in this case.

Jeffroid likes this.
  12. Jeffroid

Jeffroid Active member

USA Ky
    Local Time:
    Thing is I don't want to rock the boat too much she thinks sometimes I spend money for kink/boredom's sake. I'm lucky she has been intrigued long enough with this kink to restart it.

King Hippo likes this.
  13. Jeffroid

Jeffroid Active member

USA Ky
    Local Time:
    Plus when you're lucky enough to have a partner that at least tolerates a few of your kinks you shouldn't get obsessed with what they don't like or are uncomfortable with. Respect that space. A partner that tolerates a few of your kinks requires reciprocation and that's where things get deep. Talk and listen to each other. Peace!

14. Jail Bird

Mitten State
    Local Time:
    Jeffroid,

Measure yourself often and different times of the day. You want the cut down cage just small enough to limit any growth by you. I had received a suggestion from someone when we were going through the how small should we go. They suggested I measure myself AFTER I had been allowed a release (cum). Lets face it, we guys are the smallest after that. My wife did not really want to allow that and she tried to milk me. Milking for me only takes the edge off...finally she allowed a release and we got the measurement. Sucks having just blown my load and my wife is down there measuring me! LOL Yep, that measurement was a little smaller than we thought.

Good luck!

Jeffroid and King Hippo like this.
  15. Jeffroid

Jeffroid Active member

USA Ky
    Local Time:
    Thanks for all the advice. We/I've decided to not quibble about it further and have it shortened to 1.5 inches which is the shortest they can go and still include the punishment pin option we originally purchased but seldom use. Seems the general consensus is shorter is better for more long term practicality anyway. That adjustment and one size smaller base ring ought to be a much better fit than the current setup. I actually had to go back to the plastic CB6000s for the time being even though it gets funky after a couple of days but it stays in place without me having to constantly adjust it. Pricing should be just south of 200 bucks for this including shipping. I'll repost an update in a week or two after we get it back. Thanks again for the advice yall!

Jail Bird and King Hippo like this.
  16. King Hippo

New Jersey
    Local Time:
    I am going to be getting one in the mail very soon, will you be sharing any pictures?

Jeffroid likes this.
  17. Jeffroid

Jeffroid Active member

USA Ky
    Local Time:
    I'm not opposed to posting pics but I'm still not sure how keen my wife is sharing my musings here. She hears me typing and wonders who I'm chatting with. I'm hoping to slowly melt the ice enough for her to think about starting her own CM account to chat with the more vanilla flavored keyholders to be honest. She knew I had a previous account years ago yet I haven't told her yet I recently revived it. We'll see I reckon!

18. King Hippo

New Jersey
    Local Time:
    I gotcha, I just meant pictures of the device in general to show people what a 1.5 inch by whatever looks like. I know when I was buying mine I was looking all over to see what certain dimensions would look like.

As far as the account goes, my wife made an account here but never seemed to use it other to log in a couple times... but I am as honest as my memory recalls on what I post and find here with her. Just be transparent, give her your log in if you want.

Jeffroid likes this.
  19. Jeffroid

Jeffroid Active member

USA Ky
    Local Time:
    We shipped the JB last week and MM should receive it today or tomorrow. Honestly I'm starting to get a little silly paranoid about shortening it by an inch to 1.5 inches. At that length I'll definitely fill the whole thing without any extra space. I suppose that will in turn be a little like starting over as far as sleeping goes at first. I just hope that it doesn't turn out to be "too short"...if that's possible...and I can't wear it comfortably for some reason. My wife would be super pissed after spending more cash on it and I complain lol. Oh well we'll find out soon enough. Cheers!

Jail Bird likes this.
  20. Jail Bird

Mitten State
    Local Time:
    I completely understand your concern! From someone who has also shipped their JB back (twice) to have it shortened. I was really concerned the second time. Mine is now as short as William can make it and keep my 2 spike set up. That was down from 3 spikes. When it came back the last time it was like Christmas! LOL I opened the box with my wife watching with a smile on her face and those amazing words she spoke when I got it out of the box, "go put it on now" LOL
    Yep, It'll be a little different but you'll be fine. Get use to your new confines. Your wife will be very happy you no longer get any extra room to stretch out :)

I can't wait to hear how it goes.

ugams and Jeffroid like this.
  21. Jeffroid

Jeffroid Active member

USA Ky
    Local Time:
    Thanks for sharing your experience. Since it costs a little more to shorten a JB with the pin option I knew the wife wouldn't want to hear me say I should have had them go shorter. I'll share the updated fit and feel sometime next week when we get it back. Thanks!

22. Jeffroid

Jeffroid Active member

USA Ky
    Local Time:
    Got an email from MM late Monday they received the cage and rings. Got an email late today from USPS the cage is already on it's way back via 2 day shipping. Wow.

Jail Bird and King Hippo like this.
  23. King Hippo

New Jersey
    Local Time:
    What did you have done to the rings and cage? And how long did they have the items before they shipped back?

Jeffroid likes this.
  24. Jeffroid

Jeffroid Active member

USA Ky
    Local Time:
    We shipped it last week they received Monday and shipped it back late today. I asked William to shorten my JB an inch to 1.5 inches and make my "extra" base ring one size smaller than the other one I was using. Should be a major change. USPS says due Saturday. That means he worked on it yesterday and basically got it done. Amazing turn-around time for any alteration of anything IMHO.

Jail Bird likes this.
  25. King Hippo

New Jersey
    Local Time:
    Oh wow, that is fast. I am a lot less hesitant to send it back given it looks like 2 weeks without the device.

tomf_22033 and Jeffroid like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice